Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? (10361 Views)

Photo Of President Muhammadu Buhari And Osinbajo As He Arrives From UK / President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 03, 2015
This thread https://www.nairaland.com/2073341/not-buharis-original-copies-certificates purportedly claimed that the Military denied knowledge of Muhammadu Buhari's certificate with the secretary of the board. On reading the whole article, neither the Director of Military Information nor the Director of Army Information nor any other senior official of the military was quoted. The reporter only reported "according to our source". It begs one to ask this important question "Who is this source?"

The Nigeria Army is not a secret organisation, they have their official spokespeople who are in the best position to ascertain the veracity or otherwise of Muhammadu Buhari's claim. Buhari swore an affidavit to back his claim, it is the responsibility of political opponents and critics to probe further and petition the Nigeria Military board and the Presidency to confirm whether or not the certificates are with the Military. Why all these assassination of the character of the amiable general by some inconsequential elements and never-do-wells? For the record, Buhari or any other Presidential candidate is not mandated by law to display their credentials to the public, political parties are legally mandated to screen their candidates before presenting them to INEC. I am 100% sure that the All Progressive Congress have screened Muhammadu Buhari and have verified his claims before the presenting to INEC. Whoever is in doubt should petition the National Secretariat of APC or should go to court if unsatisfied. No amount of propaganda will deter the nigeria masses from thumb-printing for the general and APC in February.

#God Bless The General

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by lekkie073(m): 8:44am On Jan 03, 2015
barcanista:
This thread https://www.nairaland.com/2073341/not-buharis-original-copies-certificates purportedly claimed that the Military denied knowledge of Muhammadu Buhari's certificate with the secretary of the board. On reading the whole article, neither the Director of Military Information nor the Director of Army Information nor any other senior official of the military was quoted. The reporter only reported "according to our source". It begs one to ask this important question "Who is this source?"
The Nigeria Army is not a secret organisation, they have their official spokespeople who are in the best position to ascertain the veracity or otherwise of Muhammadu Buhari's claim. Buhari swore an affidavit to back his claim, it is the responsibility of political opponents and critics to probe further and petition the Nigeria Military board and the Presidency to confirm whether or not the certificates are with the Military. Why all these assassination of the character of the amiable general by some inconsequential elements and never-do-wells? For the record, Buhari or any other Presidential candidate are not mandated by law to display their credentials to the public, political parties are legally mandated to screen their candidates before presenting them to INEC. I am 100% sure that the All Progressive Congress have screened Muhammadu Buhari and have verified his claims before the presenting to INEC. Whoever is in doubt should petition the National Secretariat of APC or should go to court it unsatisfied. No amount of propaganda will deter the nigeria masses from thumb-printing for the general and APC in February.
#God Bless The General
Yes
Reason objectively....
Why didn't obj during his time make such pronouncements that his certificates are with the military board
Why would GMB refer to a non existent office? Secretary of the military board. Military don't use such titles in the hierarchy structure

Why would the military in the first place be in possession of his original certificates

The truth will soon be out.
In the meantime tell tinubu to show GMB the way to Toronto .......maybe they can as well get GMB one too

25 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by temitemi1(m): 8:46am On Jan 03, 2015
Buhari where is ur certificate grin ;DGEJ till 2019!!!

15 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 03, 2015
lekkie073:
Yes
Can you back your words with the official response of the Military or the Presidency?

5 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by omenka(m): 8:46am On Jan 03, 2015
Exactly what I pointed out in another thread. To this day, there's been no official statement from the military regarding the matter yet people are already getting burnt up with excitement over the prospect of disqualification of GMB for reason of the cert controversy.

8 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 03, 2015

[size=18pt]Itis ghen-ghen time to end Buhari's long lasting career of lies and lying.[/size]

23 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Collynzo9: 8:50am On Jan 03, 2015
Since when did the phrase ''according to our source'' become a bad thing?
That is the favourite phrase of APC's propaganda outlets like Sahara reporters, Premium times, Tribune, Punch, Daily trust etc.
I have never seen you complain about it, so why are you crying now?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 03, 2015
temitemi1:
Buhari where is ur certificate grin ;DGEJ till 2019!!!
I want to assume that you are not having comprehension difficulty
For the record, Buhari or any other Presidential candidate is not mandated by law to display their credentials to the public, political parties are legally mandated to screen their candidates before presenting them to INEC
You should petition the APC for that but definitely not through social media. Mind you, the APC is not mandated to oblige you except they decide to (and with consent of Buhari) or a court ordered them to.

3 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Monimatic(m): 8:52am On Jan 03, 2015
Weather or not Military denied Buhari's claim..Pa Buhari should first show us his Original or Photocopies of his credentials...shikena!
Abi Buhari ur messiah no go school
Till Buhari show us his certificate, in the Words of APC Governor Adam Oshiomole"Barcanista u can go n die !!
grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Nobody: 8:52am On Jan 03, 2015
barcanista:
Can you back your words with the official response of the Military or the Presidency?

Does Buhari's affidavit make any sense with you?

Why did he not proceed to the military board to collect his certificates but saw it fit to go and swear an affidavit in a federal court.

Don't worry there are a thousand and one lawyers desperate for attention that will invoke the FOI bill demanding the authencity of your messiah's latest lie.

11 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Princewill1(m): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2015
The terrorist must present his certificate!

3 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by lekkie073(m): 8:54am On Jan 03, 2015
PvtParts:

[size=18pt]Itis ghen-ghen time to end Buhari's long lasting career of lies and lying.[/size]

yes o....

2 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by taharqa: 8:55am On Jan 03, 2015
Shldn't Buhari and APC just release d said certificates and save all of us d pain?? Sm of us do not find d current noise interesting ... Let Buhari release d certificates and maybe there is a small chance we will start discussing issues (though I doubt that as both sides are already roaming mad)

3 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:
Exactly what I pointed out in another thread. To this day, there's been no official statement from the military regarding the matter yet people are already getting burnt up with excitement over the prospect of disqualification of GMB for reason of the cert controversy.

People? This calamnous campaign is pushed by the TANists. The prospect of disqualifying buhari is as unrealistic as Chelsea going unbeaten this EPL season. Only the court has such powers and it mmust be based on concrete reason not social media campaign of calumny

1 Like

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by brownlord: 8:57am On Jan 03, 2015
Does this trash make any sense to you? petition APC National secretary when Buhari can just prove his critics wrong? sometimes i wonder why we tend to be so biased in everything.

Did Obama wait for Americans to petition National secretary of Democratic Party before doing the needful?

Buhari should be compelled to show to show his credentials and if true he has no certificate, Jega and maurice iwu should be jailed, A man that contested three elections already having issues with credentials which was supposedly used during screening of previous election says a lot about the commission.

I know this is a game plan by IBB/PDP but he should prove them wrong if available

21 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 03, 2015
lekkie073:
Yes
Reason objectively....
Why didn't obj during his time make such pronouncements that his certificates are with the military board
Why would GMB refer to a non existent office? Secretary of the military board. Military don't use such titles in the hierarchy structure

Why would the military in the first place be in possession of his original certificates

The truth will soon be out.
In the meantime tell tinubu to show GMB the way to Toronto .......maybe they can as well get GMB one too
First, Buhari and Obj are different people. What Obj does is not necessarily a standard. That you claim that there is no title of "Secretary to Military Board" shows that you have no knowlege of the different unit within the Military. The "Secretary" is not a title but an office just as you have "Director of Military Information".

4 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by lekkie073(m): 9:00am On Jan 03, 2015
barcanista:
People? This calamnous campaign is pushed by the TANists. The prospect of disqualifying buhari is as unrealistic as Chelsea going unbeaten this EPL season. Only the court has such powers and it mmust be based on concrete reason not social media campaign of calumny
we shall see....pls don't forget to advice tinubu to show GMB the way to Toronto....
Dats the only solution cool

1 Like

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by brownlord: 9:00am On Jan 03, 2015
omenka:

Do you give your credentials to your employer in your host country? since this issue came up i expect Buhari to do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Iykopee(m): 9:01am On Jan 03, 2015
The brainless aPIGc followers shud ask their terrorist messiah to provide his certificate simple.

6 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by brownlord: 9:01am On Jan 03, 2015
taharqa:
Shldn't Buhari and APC just release d said certificates and save all of us d pain?? Sm of us do not find d current noise interesting ... Let Buhari release d certificates and maybe there is a small chance we will start discussing issues (though I doubt that as both sides are already roaming mad)

Exactly my thought

10 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 03, 2015
Awo universal education has now been replaced with Almajiri ignorance.

This is what you get when you have a confirmed forger and fraud as your defacto political head.

I am waiting for that APC pleb to tell me education is not a prerequisite to leadership.

Smh for this generation. A people after all truly deserve the leadership and society they get. The SW for all their antagonism of the central govt refused to imbibe that universal virtue of charity that states that whoever demands equity must come with clean hands.

8 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 03, 2015
PvtParts:

Does Buhari's affidavit make any sense with you?

Why did he not proceed to the military board to collect his certificates but saw it fit to go and swear an affidavit in a federal court.

Don't worry there are a thousand and one lawyers desperate for attention that will invoke the FOI bill demanding the authencity of your messiah's latest lie.
You should tell your lawyers and Journalists to question the appropriate authorities. Buhari doesn't have to explain to your neither APC. They have made their submission, if you are unsatisfied politely ask the APC or go to the military. If still unsatisfied, Go to Court
Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Validated: 9:05am On Jan 03, 2015
barcanista:

Tell me have the certificates been found? We have been searching all the military formations. But he can save us all these embarrassments by just writing to WAEC or all those big-big Colleges he attended to get copies.

We shall scrutinise them sha oo! But this delay is getting toooo looooong.

14 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 03, 2015
barcanista:
You should tell your lawyers and Journalists to question the appropriate authorities. Buhari doesn't have to explain to your neither APC. They have made their submission, if you are unsatisfied politely ask the APC or go to the military. If still unsatisfied, Go to Court

Buhari's INEC form is not his personal property but a public one. The affidavit he swore is in the public domain and as such is a declaration to all of us. If finally the Military board comes out to deny officially his claim then Buhari lied to me, Nigerians living and yet to be born.

1 Like

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Monimatic(m): 9:06am On Jan 03, 2015
barcanista:
Where is ur Certificate Abi u no go school.
Till then "Go n Die"

10 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by D9ty7(m): 9:06am On Jan 03, 2015
My question is why will Buhari's certificate be with the millitary? And not just any certificate, the original copy. Ahn ahn! Where I came from, companies and firms only keep the photocoipes and not the original.
And the second question is when did he submit his certificate to the millitary? Was it before the 2011 elelction or after the 2011 election. From the look of things, it is evident that Buhari submitted his cv when he was still in service, so what has he been using.
The point is not about the TANist or whatever you call them trying to pain Buhari black. The thing is, where is his certificate?
Sambo had the same issue, it has been resolved, ABU confirmed him as one of their products. Let one of Buhari's schools confirm him as their student who graduated, then we'll keep quiet. But until then, let him provide his certificate.

12 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by LRNZH(m): 9:07am On Jan 03, 2015
It is a major SNAFU on Vanguard's part.

A source in the Military became the Army spokesperson.

Failed journalism.

This is always my response to TANoids:

LRNZH:

[b]This certificate brouhaha is an attempt to refocus on frivolities. It is the most immature way to campaign in an important election judging by the pathetic state of our nation.

How many times has Buhari contested for presidency before now?

In 2011, It was under GEJ's government with Jega as umpire. They allowed him r u without an eyebrow raised.

What has changed? Buhari is now the major contender and frontrunner.
Suddenly Buhari has no certificates. Because they don't want us to look at their massive failures in Power, Refineries, Corruption and Security.
If indeed Buhari has no certificates then GEJ and Jega need to resign ASAP for their incompetence since 2011.

I bet you everyone knows Buhari went to the prestigious military academies as claimed. Disqualify him let's see how it will turn out.

Infact, an illiterate Buhari is more competent than GEJ judging by her past antecedents and performance.

If you're not current, 2015 is promised to be an issues based campaign and I plan to stick to that.

Goodluck in your "certificates will think for and govern us" quest. [/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by omenka(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2015
barcanista:
Like I said in the thread, what the government would trigger by tinkering with such an idea would make the subsidy protests look like new yam festival in some rural settlement. Nigerians will arise and take what is duly theirs for good.

Whether they like it or not, Jonathan isn't getting a coronation on valentine's day like he did in Eagle's Square last year. I hate it when supposed "men" are always looking for ways to dodge contests. What glory is there in victory that wasn't fought for but handed on a silver plater?? He has dodged debates and elections in the past, he's not getting that this time.

2 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Morkavictor: 9:08am On Jan 03, 2015
Barcanista this your job is getting harder everyday.

21 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by D9ty7(m): 9:08am On Jan 03, 2015
Monimatic:

Where is ur Certificate Abi u no school.
Till the. "Go n Die"
Bro, u harsh no be small o. We are talking about Buhari here and you just attacked one of his supporters?
Are you saying, the guy himself is Buhari?
Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2015
brownlord:
Does this trash make any sense to you? petition APC National secretary when Buhari can just prove his critics wrong? sometimes i wonder why we tend to be so biased in everything.

Did Obama wait for Americans to petition National secretary of Democratic Party before doing the needful?

Buhari should be compelled to show to show his credentials and if true he has no certificate, Jega and maurice iwu should be jailed, A man that contested three elections already having issues with credentials which was supposedly used during screening of previous election says a lot about the commission.

I know this is a game plan by IBB/PDP but he should prove them wrong if available
You are just blabbing and hyper emotional. Buhari is under no obligation whatsoever to show you or display his certificates to the media. No way! The law permits his Sponsor (APC) to screen him and they have done that. INEC has come out to tell the world that APC submitted an affidavit of Buhari. Go petition APC or the Military to verify or compel the Attorney General to sue buhari for perjury if yu think he's lying. Again, he isn't mandated to post it to you! No candidate are under such obligation

3 Likes

Re: Did The Military Really Deny Muhammadu Buhari's Claim? by brownlord: 9:09am On Jan 03, 2015
barcanista:

Really, Buhari does not have to explain to him?

Don't you think he and other millions of Nigerians including Buhari's supporters terrified by this deserve to know as Buhari is seeking a public office? Your mentality and reasoning is whacked.

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Report Insinuating Vice President Didn't Follow Due Process In Supervision Of Ag / We Will Do All It Takes To Secure Nigeria, Osinbajo Says / Zain Asher of CNN Reveals she is Igbo, Lost a family to Nigerian Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.