Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND (41386 Views)

8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND / OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND / Opinion: 8 Reasons Why HND Is Superior To Bsc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
It is so unfortunate that this OP smokes weed.Because I am very sure no polytechnic admit with four "o"level credits.I remember immeaditely after my ND,I helped many students including final year students to sit for examinations and tests in OOU.LASU students were not left out then.Even in their major course apart from the statistics I studied.U dey even talk of scul,u dey generalise n u dey include OOU,LASU,FUTA,FUNAAB.Nonsense!!!Check my first comment to know what am saying.A no fit talk much.A dey chat wt my wife...
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Mrbigman1(m): 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
Hello my fellow Nairalanders,
My name is Richard jemedafe from Plateau State
(Nigeria) I have a problem that is given me Sleepless
night.But I know that Nairaland is the best place to
get advice.
I wrote jamb this year and my jamb point was
179(which can't take me to University of my
choice)
so I Applied for Pla poly (state polytechnic) To study
Business Administration and management. (I got
admission)
And I also got admission Into Federal COllege Of
Education Pankshin to study. English/SOS. (which I
also got Admission)

Nairalanders I need ur advice which should I go
to??College of Education And polytechnic which
is better,best and preferable??
Thenks

Mr. Pan pin wan lol, go poly, na women or ppl wey get teaching destiny dey go colle. Dats all.....
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by hismond(m): 2:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
assuming I agreed with your points, I can never accept the Low Self Esteem part, that is an individual xtic. I'm an hnd holder from Yabatech, I have been to several interviews and I have met with a lot of university graduates, when I meet some, I conclude why some coys would say some graduates are half baked, some of those so called university graduates don't even know how to stand up to defend their years in school not to talk of composing good sentences.

I know there is discrimination because I have not only heard of it but seen it and gone through it, but if you are intelligent and sound, certificates won't define you at all

Nice one Op

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by lacreamieboie(m): 2:26pm On Jan 03, 2015
LuckyLadolce:
With this lines above.. u've said it all. I think the rest of ur write up aint necessary,. Btw, before u start thinking am intimidated with this write up, lemme tell u I have Both HND nd BSC and am getting high pay where I work grin
and which are u working with that makes the high pay possible?
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Maser: 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
Very dumb and petty thread. So what does the OP hope to achieve with this thread? In advanced societies, they rarely look at your degree but rather your skills. The OP sure isn't exposed. Little wonder Nigeria is the way it is.
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Sunnykaka(m): 2:30pm On Jan 03, 2015
This tread is rubbish
$ instead of the op to utilise his time to think of creative thing he is saying rubbish...
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 03, 2015
OP u are a puerile mumu.... Wen pple are blogging of how to make money.. see wetin u dey blog....
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Mrmoz(m): 2:37pm On Jan 03, 2015
It doesn't matter to me which is superior or nt d truth is that which ever you have with Godz blessing and diligence in what ever God has given you and you will stand before kings God doesn't need all of that to get the work done school only prepare you just put your mind @ what you want to achieve....school no dey finish oooo just keep moving forward it doesn't matter how you started.....cheers happy new year
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 03, 2015
samuelson06:

Write jamb again. This time choose to study Sociology/Social Work which is better than all those courses since you seem to be an Art student else I'll say go for a science course. But while waiting, volunteer your time in any big organization (NGO) around. It'll pay you off on the long run. Don't just plan to study anything. You may be wasting your time.
Social works? in this country of ours?. bros you for carry church mind and advice this young lad to for Agriculture, cos from the look of things , Agriculture will be a hot cake in this country very soon. since our oil had failed us.
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Abdhool(m): 2:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
the bitter facts are well articulated...nigerian government should be blamed for d inequality....a point to add:u can reach d apex of ur academic pursuit in university,while such is impossible in polytechnic.... cheers
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by johhnnie(m): 2:48pm On Jan 03, 2015
haitto99:
front page...hmmmm. although I hv a b.tech degree in engineering,but to be sincere HND graduates are more practical oriented than b.sc holders,talking from the engineering point of view

u may be right. But , theories drive all practices. can an HND holder be more practical than a foreman or even a seasoned bricklayer? Does that mean that the bricklayer due to seasoned practical experiences be placed on a higher pedestal than the HND holder? Everything is to create order.

It is good to have best of both worlds. OND/HND, then, direct entry to a university of ur choice if u make good grades. That was the route I followed.
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by capricun: 2:53pm On Jan 03, 2015
Another senseless opinion. I have an HND in Electrical engineering, finished Service in February 2013. Got my first job in Lagos in March 2013, worked in firm as the only HND graduate, in less than 4 months I became head of operations. Last year I had two multinational job offers that I declined for a Federal Government job, presently on training.
80% of my friends with BSC are still idle at home and am here building a lovely career.

Op continue with your useless opinion. My advice to HND graduates is to just always strive to be better and ignore BSC graduates that have low self-esteem. You don't need to prove any point. Life is no competition with anyone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2015
Not Bsc or Hnd that matters. What matter is what you have upstairs. The indians, chinese, and the rest nd asian are far above us because they believe in what you have. It is because of our over believe in paper qualifications that we are not getting it right. That is why, whether in the poly, or uni, the students tends to do anything possible to pass a course. How many of our so called graduate, poly or uni can defend the certificate they are carrying?
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by kayusbrown(m): 3:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
DrFunmi:
Success in life should not be determined by our alma mater. I believe that everybody has a chance to be successful whether they went to a university or polytechnic. Our success is in our hands. This write-up is not meant to degrade HND holders. I am one of those that are strongly against the discrimination against HND holders. However, the reality on ground (due to the discrimination) is that BSc is still more superior to HND and I have given reasons below to state the obvious but bitter truth.

1 Entrance Qualification - The entrance qualification to the university is more stringent than that to the polytechnic. The UTME cut off for universities is higher than that of polytechnics. All universities require a minimum of 5 credits in WASSCE/NECO while most polytechnics accept 4 credits as minimum requirement. It is well accepted that the entrance qualification to any institution says a lot about the prestige attached to such institution.

2 Quality of Lecturers- You cannot compare the quality of lecturers in the university to that of the polytechnic. Most university lecturers are professors and PhD holders with decades of teaching and research experience to show for it. Some of them are universally renowned professors. The head of universities are always renowned and experienced academic professors. Most Master degree holders in universities are mere assistant lecturers. The same cannot be said of polytechnics where most of their 'experienced' lecturers are mere BSc holders. Most rectors of polytechnics are Msc holders, only a few have PhD. Even corps members lecture polytechnic students. Has it ever occurred to you why polytechnics find it hard to employ even their own products (HND holders) to lecture? Instead, they employ mostly university grads to teach.

3 Research Work- University is the bedrock of research work. Research work lays the foundation of advancement and any sane society will rate any higher institution by the quality of their research. Unfortunately, the quality of research work in Nigerian universities is poor but this is still far better than that of polytechnics that do absolutely nothing (or very negligible research work).

4 Funding- Universities are much more funded than polytechnics. One of the metrics for determining the quality of an institution is the level of funding. No wonder, the government and the media pay more attention to the demand of ASUU over ASUP. Thus, you will expect a product of a university to be better trained than that of a polytechnic.

5 Quality of students - The brightest, youngest and most motivated students go to the universities. Go to a polytechnic and what you will see a lot of dejected, not-so-young students who have written UTME many times but have not succeeded. A few in the polytechnics are young and bright, but they are few and far between. The majority of young and bright students, just fresh from secondary school are found within the 4 walls of the university. Thus, most university grads are of higher intellectual quality than their poly counterparts.

6 Size and Beauty of Campus - A lot can be said about the quality of an institution by the architectural structures of the institutions. Let's take the elite universities and polytechnics in Nigeria for instance. One cannot compare the architectural edifices in the prestigious OAU, UI, ABU, UNN, UNILAG, UNIBEN to that of Yabatech, Kadpoly, Auchi, Bida Poly or any polytechnic in Nigeria. No polytechnic in Nigeria can even compete with some 2nd and 3rd generation universities like FUT Minna, UniJos, FUTA, etc in terms of structures.

7 Preference / Demand - The preference for BSc is higher than for OND/HND. All or almost all aspiring students wish to go to the university. Employers generally prefer BSc holders over HND holders. HND holders are seen as middle level manpower (That was the intent when polytechnics were initially created). There are more opportunities for BSc holders not just within the country but outside Nigeria. Jobs and scholarship opportunities abound for BSc holders and undergraduates while it is almost non-existent for HND holders.

8 Self Esteem - Last but not the least, an average BSc holder is more confident than an average HND holder. This is however not the fault of HND holders who unfortunately have to face stiff discrimination in the labour market, thus negatively impacting on their self esteem.

Thought we've had enough of this but it seems some people will stop at nothing to denigrate HND. Is it bigotry, fear, hatred or inferiority complex? I normally wouldn't have respond to an unnecessarily provocative post like this because nothing will be achieved by arguing back and forth. Besides, my followers know I have articles tackling the OP's misconceptions. However, for the sake of those who don't have all the details, I'll be back with a rebuttal.

Modified:

1. Entrance Qualification: The introduction of UTME ended the era of dichotomy in O'level requirements though some Polytechnics still admit with 4 O'level credits just like some Northern Universities accept D7 in Maths or English for some courses. The discrepancy in UTME scores cut-off is the issue here and most polytechnics have kicked against that. That's why Polytechnics like Yabatech insist on same UTME cut-off mark with the universities. The impression that lower entrance requirements for polytechnics implies inferior or poor academic standard is far from reality. The stakes are higher in polytechnic where you have to prove yourself worthy in both theory and practicals. The superior academic standard of polytechnics has been proved overtime through Direct Entry, External Exams and at Work Place where polytechnic undergraduates/graduates have engaged their university counterparts. So the deliberate lowering of entry requirements of polytechnics by 'the power that be' is an unwarranted discriminatory policy in itself and stakeholders in the polytechnics have always kick against it. Sadly, our society despises technical education therefore most students prefer universities to polytechnics. Therefore the lower entry requirement is an incentive to attract secondary school leavers to polytechnics but it is wrong.

2. Quality of Lecturers: We all know that most of those Professors and Ph.D holders in universities don't do the actual lecturing. It is common practice for them to delegate their duties to graduate assistants and postgraduate students under their supervision while they focus on 'research' and attendance of conferences. That said.

It is only in Nigeria that a tertiary institution can't award a degree unless it carries the nomenclature 'university'. That's one of our retrogressive policies. If not for this myopic policy, the HND programme wouldn't have surfaced in the first instance. Those who know the history of Nigerian Polytechnics, know that the 'middle level manpower' in the polytechnic act refers to the ND (National Diploma). So to produce ND holders, bachelor's degree was adequate as minimum academic qualifications of polytechnic lecturers. When their was a need for polytechnics to award a qualification higher than the ND, the polytechnic Act ought to have been amended to allow polytechnic award degrees. That didn't happen as result of the myopic policy earlier mentioned hence the retention of bachelor's degree as a minimum academic qualification to lecture in a polytechnic. When the HND/B.Sc. debate resurfaced nationally in 2006, NBTE upgraded that requirement to master's degree. Apart from these myopic policies, the unjustified discrepancy in salary/benefits in favour of university counterparts is another factor. It is natural for scholars to be more attracted to where their inputs will be more appreciated. Another factor is that Ph.D holders' career are terminated at Chief Lecturer level in the polytechnics unlike universities where they can rise to become a professor. These hostile policies, as a result of Nigeria's neglect of technical education, are directly responsible for the lesser number of Ph.D holders you'll find in an average polytechnic. But even at that, some Polytechnics like Auchi poly and Yabatech have more Ph.D holders than some universities.

3. Research Work: There is a fundamental difference between the educational philosophy/objectives of polytechnics and universities. While universities focus on development of new ideas, the polytechnics focus on how to fine tune such ideas and make it work. It is however sad that we focus on argument about superiority of roles here in Nigeria instead of appreciating the complementary roles of the two institutions. Also, the research objectives of polytechnics is usually geared towards producing something physical and not just about publishing abstract concepts, that may not have any/immediate useful applications, in international journals. Therefore one can be quick to conclude that polytechnics don't conduct research but a visit to one of the exhibitions of polytechnics will make you conclude otherwise. There are many prototype technologies waiting for adoption in our polytechnics but our government's disregard for technical education and preference for imported technologies (forgetting that producers of such imported technologies started from somewhere) will never make them look inwards.

4. Funding: Underfunding of polytechnics is part of the unjustified discriminatory policies of government against polytechnics. We hope this will end when technical education regains its pride of place. With such low level of funding however, polytechnic students still have better and adequate access to facilities than their university counterparts because most polytechnics do not over-admit students. The mad rush for Nigeria's sub-standard university education, as a result of discriminatory policies against polytechnics and colleges of education, has left us with situations like collapse of students during lectures as a result of overcrowding. When you examine the NEEDS assessment of our universities, you'll focus more on making your degree relevant than trying to pull down HND.

5. Quality of students: Again the discriminatory policies of government make polytechnics unattractive to most bright students.

6. Size and Beauty of Campus: The polytechnics were originally established to offer only technical courses. Unlike universities, the colleges/schools/faculties are few hence the few structures.

7. Preference/Demand: It appears degree holders are preferred presently because Nigeria is largely a consuming economy. We import virtually everything. China recently overtook the United States as the world's leading economy. They were able to achieve that because they placed premium on technical and vocational education. It may interest you to know that most Chinese Engineers in our construction industry are not degree holders yet our government prefer them to local 'Engineers'. Why? They get the job done while our own 'Engineers' are stating theories.

8. Self Esteem: It depends on the personality of the HND holder.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
tosyne2much:
Another thread that will trigger violence & enmity between both parties

OP, why not try making efforts on how to influence neighbours, friends, families & the less privileged ones with your Bsc rather than making other ppl feel less of themselves ?. Some people are seated in their offices working tiredlessly and making cool cash, you dey give urself unnecessary worry over Bsc superiority & Bsc/HND juxtaposition when there are thousands of hopeless & frustrated qualified graduates out there roaming the streets. (Well sha, you go soon enter labour market you go see say e no easy for anybody, be ye Bsc/HND)

Remember the worship & unnecessary hype of your Bsc is the beginning of joblessness

You get time sha

how did u know he is jobless? and by d way, does it really mean someone with a job cannot say his opinion on essential academic issues such as dis
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by joelreg(m): 3:14pm On Jan 03, 2015
Should mouth,nose,leg hand tell other part of the body am better than you all.
I think op need re-engineering of his mindset and mentality.
So sad that why we have so many wrong keep going on in this country.
Ask how is expatriate in construction sector are been place high above those with even ur BSc,hnd,Coren or NSE. Check the margin. u are here talking rubbish.
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Jasi7(m): 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2015
tosyne2much:
Fine !!! I'm an aspiring HND holder and I've got a thousand ways to make money (Entrepreneurship rocks my boat).. Make una sit down dia dey carry Bsc for head while I keep driving my jeep grin

Jamb entry level or not, discrimination or not, Bsc superiority or not, it will neva change the fact you can never be successful than your destiny

I think we should be more concerned about how to meet the needs of ourselves, our parents and those looking up to us rather than ruling the juxtaposition between Bsc/HND

I like this guy DIE....abeg collect hand....I go dey aalways pray for u...nice taalk!
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 03, 2015
I'm a Bsc holder but dis post, to me, is trash

1 Like

Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by moyin2009: 3:17pm On Jan 03, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
get advice.
179(which can't take me to University of my choice)
admission)
also got Admission)

Thenks

go to college of education.
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Jasi7(m): 3:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
get advice.
179(which can't take me to University of my choice)
admission)
also got Admission)

Thenks

U dey ask?....guy dey go ur poly straight...abi u wan b teacher?
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Willgates(m): 3:23pm On Jan 03, 2015
DrFunmi:
Success in life should not be determined by our alma mater. I believe that everybody has a chance to be successful whether they went to a university or polytechnic. Our success is in our hands. This write-up is not meant to degrade HND holders. I am one of those that are strongly against the discrimination against HND holders. However, the reality on ground (due to the discrimination) is that BSc is still more superior to HND and I have given reasons below to state the obvious but bitter truth.

1 Entrance Qualification - The entrance qualification to the university is more stringent than that to the polytechnic. The UTME cut off for universities is higher than that of polytechnics. All universities require a minimum of 5 credits in WASSCE/NECO while most polytechnics accept 4 credits as minimum requirement. It is well accepted that the entrance qualification to any institution says a lot about the prestige attached to such institution.

2 Quality of Lecturers- You cannot compare the quality of lecturers in the university to that of the polytechnic. Most university lecturers are professors and PhD holders with decades of teaching and research experience to show for it. Some of them are universally renowned professors. The head of universities are always renowned and experienced academic professors. Most Master degree holders in universities are mere assistant lecturers. The same cannot be said of polytechnics where most of their 'experienced' lecturers are mere BSc holders. Most rectors of polytechnics are Msc holders, only a few have PhD. Even corps members lecture polytechnic students. Has it ever occurred to you why polytechnics find it hard to employ even their own products (HND holders) to lecture? Instead, they employ mostly university grads to teach.

3 Research Work- University is the bedrock of research work. Research work lays the foundation of advancement and any sane society will rate any higher institution by the quality of their research. Unfortunately, the quality of research work in Nigerian universities is poor but this is still far better than that of polytechnics that do absolutely nothing (or very negligible research work).

4 Funding- Universities are much more funded than polytechnics. One of the metrics for determining the quality of an institution is the level of funding. No wonder, the government and the media pay more attention to the demand of ASUU over ASUP. Thus, you will expect a product of a university to be better trained than that of a polytechnic.

5 Quality of students - The brightest, youngest and most motivated students go to the universities. Go to a polytechnic and what you will see a lot of dejected, not-so-young students who have written UTME many times but have not succeeded. A few in the polytechnics are young and bright, but they are few and far between. The majority of young and bright students, just fresh from secondary school are found within the 4 walls of the university. Thus, most university grads are of higher intellectual quality than their poly counterparts.

6 Size and Beauty of Campus - A lot can be said about the quality of an institution by the architectural structures of the institutions. Let's take the elite universities and polytechnics in Nigeria for instance. One cannot compare the architectural edifices in the prestigious OAU, UI, ABU, UNN, UNILAG, UNIBEN to that of Yabatech, Kadpoly, Auchi, Bida Poly or any polytechnic in Nigeria. No polytechnic in Nigeria can even compete with some 2nd and 3rd generation universities like FUT Minna, UniJos, FUTA, etc in terms of structures.

7 Preference / Demand - The preference for BSc is higher than for OND/HND. All or almost all aspiring students wish to go to the university. Employers generally prefer BSc holders over HND holders. HND holders are seen as middle level manpower (That was the intent when polytechnics were initially created). There are more opportunities for BSc holders not just within the country but outside Nigeria. Jobs and scholarship opportunities abound for BSc holders and undergraduates while it is almost non-existent for HND holders.

8 Self Esteem - Last but not the least, an average BSc holder is more confident than an average HND holder. This is however not the fault of HND holders who unfortunately have to face stiff discrimination in the labour market, thus negatively impacting on their self esteem.

Keep your views to yourself boy. Albert Einstein attained a polytechnic.
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
tosyne2much:
Fine !!! I'm an aspiring HND holder and I've got a thousand ways to make money (Entrepreneurship rocks my boat).. Make una sit down dia dey carry Bsc for head while I keep driving my jeep grin

Jamb entry level or not, discrimination or not, Bsc superiority or not, it will neva change the fact you can never be successful than your destiny

I think we should be more concerned about how to meet the needs of ourselves, our parents and those looking up to us rather than ruling the juxtaposition between Bsc/HND

d only reason why Africans may not go far in scientific and academic breakthrough is wot u just stated. everybody goes to school in order to make money. everything is orchestrated towards alleviating poverty and not for d general advancement of d society.

there is a reason for aving HND and bsc separately. since in an attempt to discuss d disparity it always ended heated, v u on ur own tried to find out why poly is not referred to as uni? someone is trying to say his opinion dere, instead of u to say something for or otherwise, u talking about how u will make money. many people are in different academic fields where dis arguments constantly rears it head.

shouldn't d issue b put to rest once and for all since it's creating obstructions in d social structure?
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by ojsmscom(m): 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
But the problem rmains dat both the university and polytechnic students have no job at the end.most of these university guys sorry to say have no different thing to say.
Sorry ooo do you know that those allocated fund to universities never had and will not have positive impacts on you,reason being that the vcs have something more personally important to do with the money rather than spending it on you,you know why,they do not know how to use the money for your training.please my dear the truth is that:except you choose to train yourself,no university or polytechnic in nigeria can give you the skill with which you can face the 21st century societal challanges.take it or leave it.the educational system in nigeria both university and polytechnic. For now,lack the skills to develop you.
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by tosyne2much(m): 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
correctguy0900:

d only reason why Africans may not go far in scientific and academic breakthrough is wot u just stated. everybody goes to school in order to make money. everything is orchestrated towards alleviating poverty and not for d general advancement of d society.

there is a reason for aving HND and bsc separately. since in an attempt to discuss d disparity it always ended heated, v u on ur own tried to find out why poly is not referred to as uni? someone is trying to say his opinion dere, instead of u to say something for or otherwise, u talking about how u will make money. many people are in different academic fields where dis arguments constantly rears it head.

shouldn't d issue b put to rest once and for all since it's creating obstructions in d social structure?
I keep silent sir
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2015
tosyne2much:

Stop deceiving yourself. Every HND holder had always wanted a BSC but the fuccking system just didn't give them the chance.

If BSC is considered as bullshhiit by Nigerian standard, what will you say about polytechnic ?
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Elbizzcklinz(m): 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
U ARE A DUMMY FOR THIS COS U ARE DISCRIMINATORY. PEOPLE LIKE U SHOULD BE PUT DOWN INTO A WELL .. AND SET FIRE ON U

1 Like

Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by iffedayur(m): 3:31pm On Jan 03, 2015
The person who posted this has indeed not spoken beyond where his/her eyes can carry him or her. In my days at The Federal Polythecnic Ado-Ekiti I do see a lot of Engineering project embarked upon by the students, something that is not bogus in FUTA. In my years in FUTA, I do tell FUTATIANS who cared to listen that, in terms of Engineering innovation, they are yet yo be there. And the same can be said of other universities particularly, those that are not Tecnologically oriented in their establishment cannot match up with some polythecnics. Let Government give any amount to the Universities, if they fail to develop education from the grassroot, our technological man power will always be dwindling. I challenge anyone to put 25% of investment that goes into the Universities into the Polythecnic, and see if Nigeria will not become a better place for it.
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
correctguy0900:

Most of the courses offered by polytechnics are covered by universities. Polytechnics is a remedy to those who can't get into a university. I'm yet to see anyone who chose a polytechnic as their first choice in Jamb !
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by tosyne2much(m): 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
Jasi7:

I like this guy DIE....abeg collect hand....I go dey aalways pray for u...nice taalk!
Thanks boss grin
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by tosyne2much(m): 3:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
correctguy0900:

What was I supposed to say ?

If I may ask you, what's your primary aim for attending tertiary institution? Graduate and start speaking English so that ppl will bow 4 u abi ?
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by tosyne2much(m): 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Stop deceiving yourself. Every HND holder had always wanted a BSC but the fuccking system just didn't give them the chance.

If BSC is considered as bullshhiit by Nigerian standard, what will you say about polytechnic ?
Why would I deceived myself ? To each his own opinion
Re: OPINION: 8 Reasons Why Bsc Is Superior To HND by joeyekembele: 3:49pm On Jan 03, 2015
You are quite right to a great extent. Whether we like it or not, the society has made it so for now. But few of the points you stated were not all correct. I am a holder of both HND and degree. The discrimination compelled me to the university for a degree having bagged a HND. Among other things, there are aspect that polytechnics education has a better stand than university education. In polytechnics, you are well taught as a lecturer covers over 90% of the work load with thorough teaching. But in the university, much of the work is done by the students who mostly study to pass examination without in depth knowledge of the course, and most lecturers only come to class a few time to introduce themselves and the course. In the poly. You must clear a course before you are allowed to register for higher course unlike the uni. where you have a 400 level student carrying a 100level courses over and proceeding with others. In universe, lecturers do not pay much attention to the student learning hence you may be away and a course mate can help you do everything on your behalf, but in the polytechnics, most students are known by their names and faces, making it difficult to stand for a course mate. More knowledge of the course content is enhanced in the polytechnics than in the university. Personally, the effort I had to make to pass an examination in the polytechnics was far more than what I put to pass my examination in the university. Truly, some courses are meant for university while some are for the polytechnics. Again, in work environment, polytechnics graduates ate always better on the job than university graduates if given an equal opportunity. However, the state has rated a university graduate to be higher in qualification.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

UNN Physics Lecturer Gets Stuck In Class While Solving A Question (Photo, Video) / Kogi State Polytechnic Lecturer Slaps Student Into Unconsciousness (Photo) / If You Can Solve These Math Problems, You Are One Of The World's Smartest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.