Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? (33400 Views)

7 Major Reasons Why Nigerian Fresh Graduate Find It Hard To Get A Job / Is 30k Enough For A Fresh Graduate? / Please Who Knws How Much CSO'S In The Health Sector Collect As Salaries (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Drmaverick: 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
7 Ways To Build Your Wealth In 2015
A new year brings renewed energy to strive for one’s goals and dreams. And key to that pursuit is money.Whether you’ve set your sights on launching a business or buying a house, you can’t achieve it without having enough cash. Even if your dream is to spend more time with family, what will free up that time is having the financial security to not need to spend those precious hours working.

1. Cut the excesses
Take a look at your monthly and annual recurring expenses:rent gym membership, phone, cable, Internet, DSTV,GOTV etc, bank fees, credit card annual fee, car insurance. Which of these do you no longer use much? If you have Premium DSTV subscription and you don't watch at least 60% of the channels. Cut the subscription.
Scrutinize every monthly expense this way — against usage and value — and cut or lower any that you’re not using or that aren’t providing you your money’s worth.

Complete article: http://targetdex..com/2015/01/7-ways-to-build-your-wealth-in-2015.html

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by ozo13(m): 11:02pm On Jan 03, 2015
Rexphobia:

Oga, my first job for bank na N3.4m per annum, so I no know Wetin u dey talk again o
abeg WC bank b DAT one
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by bayocanny: 11:10pm On Jan 03, 2015
lekahm:
1m
I pity ur life cus u go tey for your papa house

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Franchise21(m): 11:19pm On Jan 03, 2015
yemicoal:
As a fresh graduate... depends on how desperate I am for a job tho, for this Naija I fit collect 70 first and hope for better jobs!
70 is way too low... 170 for a start... For my mind sha
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by XwhY(m): 11:21pm On Jan 03, 2015
150k. Dnt need reading ur write up.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by shrimati(m): 11:24pm On Jan 03, 2015
majekdom2:
whats the name of the company ? I just said a structured company ? Not every company is structured or have got an arranged system of functions.
well in my own case I could say the coy is not well structured but I have a sister who was asked the same question in a structured company. Unless I get your own definition of structured coy wrong.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by EbolaParasite: 11:25pm On Jan 03, 2015
majekdom2:
I take it as , you did not understand my post , re read the mentioned post before I quoted the guy .
Slow down. Quoted the wrong post
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
shrimati:
well in my own case I could say the coy is not well structured but I have a sister who was asked the same question in a structured company. Unless I get your own definition of structured coy wrong.
ask her again , the question did not come " how much will you like to be paid ?" she may have just told you she was asked like that ..... This question is always a trap , there is nothing you say that will make it go higher , The only thing that can make your salary different from that of others on your level are perhaps age , marital status , degree level and class and not because you told them some amount at an interview. its just a trap to get peeps disqualified All these are from experiences.

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by kayzdekor(m): 11:33pm On Jan 03, 2015
Wait oooo...ehn ehn I will say from 450k- 10m cos it depends on d company omo imagine working with chevron or shell or representing apple company or united nations here in nigeria u think say na small change?
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by matil1011: 11:34pm On Jan 03, 2015
fresh graduate for this country, range is around 50-90k in one man business o

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by shrimati(m): 11:36pm On Jan 03, 2015
majekdom2:
ask her again , the question did not come " how much will you like to be paid ?" she may have just told you she was asked like that ..... This question is always a trap , there is nothing you say that will make it go higher , The only thing that can make your salary different from that of others on your level are perhaps age , marital status , degree level and class and not because you told them some amount at an interview. its just a trap to get peeps disqualified All these are from experiences.
seems you didn't get the argument am building up here! That you are asked how much you wish to be paid, doesn't mean they pay you that amount or higher! They want to know how you value yourself and if they could afford you. In both cases I cited as examples they slash the money into nearly half of what was given to them.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by ElekeNtioba: 11:38pm On Jan 03, 2015
500 tazand....take it or reave it!
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 03, 2015
shrimati:
seems you didn't get the argument am building up here! That you are asked how much you wish to be paid, doesn't mean they pay you that amount or higher! They want to know how you value yourself and if they could afford you. In both cases I cited as examples they slash the money into nearly half of what was given to them.
salary negotiations are always for experienced peeps , you don't value yourself as a fresh graduate in the salary question .ofcourse they know every individual would place a high price tag. You let them know your values by telling them what the company stands to loose if you are not employed. please talk to HR professionals and understand this. What afford ? you have nothin to offer . there are millions that will be ready to do that work free and garner the experience needed. you are only bein paid because they know the value of a good human resource , company standards and to develop your interest in the company .
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by nijanigga: 11:58pm On Jan 03, 2015
ask for market value.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Mario100: 12:22am On Jan 04, 2015
Where is d job?una just day call money like say na una papa get d company.if una don find job tire una no c na for primary skull una go land,lmao.

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by kechywillz(m): 12:24am On Jan 04, 2015
i'll charge from 500k to 1.5m
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Penboy: 12:33am On Jan 04, 2015
Don't really have a say in what my salary as a fresher would be like...
It's structured anyway!
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by seangy4konji: 12:47am On Jan 04, 2015
O boy?

Make I just keep quiet cos for say dat time weh I finish skul?owu no deh and mouth don wide.

If I fit see 250k per month. It go do me say I use my cert work. I fit collect 150k self say reap fruit if my labor but naija don spoil mehn. Na men. Before u see job pay 250 k now?u must b ready to spread ass home and woman must raDy knack.

150 is good.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by fabulousmann(f): 1:48am On Jan 04, 2015
shrimati:
you what?
I was boooking spc
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by segunotiti(m): 1:56am On Jan 04, 2015
fabulousmann:
50k grin
like seriously
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by fabulousmann(f): 2:06am On Jan 04, 2015
segunotiti:
like seriously
Yes 4 a start
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by gememerald(m): 3:20am On Jan 04, 2015
Skills pay much better than all this! Imagine when you undertake 3d design jobs of more than #100,000 for three different companies or firm in one month.

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by Tomoarika(m): 3:22am On Jan 04, 2015
Mario100:
Where is d job?una just day call money like say na una papa get d company.if una don find job tire una no c na for primary skull una go land,lmao.

U dey mind them?

My 1st job interview (apart from NYSC PPA) was during my service year. Went to ConOil and demanded (not requested o) 150k. I no hear from them again!

In my last job interview where I discussed salary, I mentioned 80k but the Asian bros managed to talk me down to 60k (needed a job badly).
When I resumed to collect letter, Na 40k (tax deductible) dem offer me.

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by walearoy(m): 3:27am On Jan 04, 2015
ednut1:
access pays over 237 enterprise over 200 uba around 140 zenith 90k.first bank106 . so oga gt ur facts right

You sure about Enterprise?
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by kolokolobi(m): 4:06am On Jan 04, 2015
When asked at an interview what your least expected will be they are trying to assess how you value yourself. However in my experience while interviewing fresh grads the quality is alarming. Its alarming that fresh grads can't write simple correct sentences. Most times the company has to train to even get a useable fresh grad. Further down the line the so called fresh grad having acquired the skill through training given by the company just walks away somewhere else.
You only steer negotiations your way from the point of strength. Your strength as a fresh grad can be add ons....ability to type, a second international language, skill and proficiency certs ( a lot are available online), proper grooming, diction articulation etc. These are what will make a company bend over backwards to bring you in. Apart from that there are a thousand and one fresh grads waiting in line.
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by walearoy(m): 5:07am On Jan 04, 2015
magicfingers009:

Oga which bank? The highest paying bank for entry level is AccessBank and its almost N3m per annum. And since you said its your first job, it's definitely gonna be entry level.

Lies,
Check out heritage nd diamond

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by funstufz: 5:16am On Jan 04, 2015
gememerald:
Skills pay much better than all this! Imagine when you undertake 3d design jobs of more than #100,000 for three different companies or firm in one month.

Skills, you say.........

How feasible is that my brother?

I don't mind to be Self-employed too.

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by felixzo1(m): 5:26am On Jan 04, 2015
a lot of people are dreaming,wake up and face reality.a lot of people are beging for 50k per month.

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by SlickBack2(m): 5:35am On Jan 04, 2015
smudge2079:
...and GEJ, i forgive u for all d shyt i lived thru...when d word Graduate is synonymous to Joblessness.
and u think GEJ is the cause of ur unemployability? #smh
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by shrimati(m): 6:38am On Jan 04, 2015
fabulousmann:
I was boooking spc
hope you got the space?
Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by shrimati(m): 6:45am On Jan 04, 2015
I think before we open our mouth to our potential employer, we should know what they can afford and don't just set outrageous amounts wish could scare our would be employer away. If you have the opportunity settle for something lower, get the experience which you can't buy anywhere plus other professional qualifications related to your field, by the time you have got these you will be @ position of strength to negotiate for a higher salary and could hop from one job to another as you wish. My little sincere advise though.... Though some are lucky to land high paying job as fresh grads... Good luck.

Re: What Is The Least Amount You Can Collect As A Fresh Graduate? by ednut1(m): 7:02am On Jan 04, 2015
walearoy:

You sure about Enterprise?
now heritage, hard to believe cos d banks looked poor abi grin , for companies dat dont have fixed payment structure call any amount u feel is ok. after all ur negotiating. a trader wants to sell u a shirt of 2k he will call it 5k nd u price. my first job d person who linked me told me to demand 200k. i felt it was high nd i demanded 150. nd we agreed 140k. if i had said 80k they wud hv given me 70k.

Ideas About PZ Cussons Aptitude Test / INEC 2023 Election Adhoc Staff Recruitment Deployment And Availability Form / CONOIL Is Collecting CV

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93