Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,089 members, 7,957,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

Is God A God Of Only The Jews - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God A God Of Only The Jews (3752 Views)

I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) / What Makes God A God? / 1000 NAMES, TITLES, AND ATTRIBUTES OF GOD (A-Z)WITH BIBLE VERSES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hiswordxray:

You are so carried away with things the doesn't matter. You are so concerned in feeding on knowledge. This is exactly how the first man fell. He feed on knowledge instead of life.

If you believe God exist why don't you seek to know and experience him instead of gathering useless knowledge. I have never seen you ask questions like:
How can I get closer to God?
How can I know him intimately and not just gather knowledge about him?
How can I get into is presence and enjoy fellowship with him?
How can I get to know God as Love?

Instead you ask questions that will not impact you. Tell me since when you have been gathering such information has it really impacted you significantly? Has it improve your relationship with God?
No, it only makes you confused and paranoid.
When will you learn how useless knowledge is?
When will you truly seek and pursue God?

You don't love God and you don't believe in God. You only think it is logical the God may really exist.

Your state right now is pitiful and sad.

Are you gay?
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by JesusisLord85: 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
nobilis:

So stop deceiving yourself.
The term "Son of God" as used in the Bible doesn't refer to Jesus. It refers to angels. Refer to the Jewish encyclopedia for more information on that. And moreover, all through the Gospels, there was never a place where Jesus called himself the son of God. If there is such a place, please tell me.

Cast down ur own false imaginations, brother

hahaha.
Sons of God refers to angels he says. Another incorrect interpretation. Let the Word of God interpret itself:

READ CAREFULLY

Hebrews 1:1-4

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4 being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. 5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

BOLDED: Has the Most High at ANY time, said to the angels "Thou art my son".

The Sons of God referred to in Genesis (and Job for that matter), refers to the Holy Seed.

When it says the 'Sons of God' gathered before the Lord, somehow Christians got it into their head that means angels came before the Lord in heaven and the devil turned up with them. NO NO NO. Let me help you dispel yet another myth:

Exodus 34:23
Thrice in the year shall all your men children appear before the Lord GOD, the God of Israel.
Deuteronomy 16:13

13 Thou shalt observe the feast of tabernacles seven days, after that thou hast gathered in thy corn and thy wine: 14 and thou shalt rejoice in thy feast, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy manservant, and thy maidservant, and the Levite, the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, that are within thy gates. 15 Seven days shalt thou keep a solemn feast unto the Lord thy God in the place which the Lord shall choose: because the Lord thy God shall bless thee in all thine increase, and in all the works of thine hands, therefore thou shalt surely rejoice.
16 Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the Lord thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the Lord empty:

So when the Sons of God appeared before men in Job, and notice his sons were FEASTING, they were simply observing one of the feasts of the Lord.

Job 1:4 And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.
5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all:

You see that, days of the feasting.

Sons of God refers to the holy seed. BUT there are a couple of instances where it refers to creation, the sun and moon. E.g

Job 38:7 when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Perhaps I should clear this up in more detail in a new thread. I shall find time.

Shalom
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by JesusisLord85: 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
Lex11:

-------------
"Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:" - Romans 3:29.

But who were those supposed gentiles:

https://www.nairaland.com/1885089/gentiles-irrefutable-proof-modern-day-christianity
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by nobilis: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
JesusisLord85:

hahaha.
Sons of God refers to angels he says. Another incorrect interpretation. Let the Word of God interpret itself:

READ CAREFULLY

Hebrews 1:1-4

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high; 4 being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. 5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

That was not what I asked you, sir.
Where did the Jew, Jesus, call himself the Son of God?

And you're quoting Paul's epistle to the Hebrews.
This is the same Paul that I already told you is trying to force YHWH to be the God of both Jews and Gentiles.

Don't quote on Paul's authority.

Show me where Jesus referred to himself as the son of God whether directly or indirectly.

You're telling me: let the word of God interpret itself. Where has a book interpreted itself. The bible has already shown you that it uses "son" to refer to angels and u're here trying to twist your bible to suit ur own interpretation.
Too bad.

3 Likes

Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 04, 2015
It is obvious that Yahweh was the God of the jew just as other Gods were associated with other societies. These gods often try to outdo themselves by siding with their chosen humans. Perhaps Yahweh and his group were the genetic creators of the Jewish race,which is why they were often linked with them.

God was a word created by humans. There were many of them. Often time, a stronger society will impose their version of "God" on the weaker society. That is why many Nigerians are worshipers of Yahweh today.

3 Likes

Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by nobilis: 7:52pm On Jan 04, 2015
JesusisLord85:

hahaha.

The Sons of God referred to in Genesis (and Job for that matter), refers to the Holy Seed.

When it says the 'Sons of God' gathered before the Lord, somehow Christians got it into their head that means angels came before the Lord in heaven and the devil turned up with them. NO NO NO. Let me help you dispel yet another myth:

Exodus 34:23
Thrice in the year shall all your men children appear before the Lord GOD, the God of Israel.
Deuteronomy 16:13

13 Thou shalt observe the feast of tabernacles seven days, after that thou hast gathered in thy corn and thy wine: 14 and thou shalt rejoice in thy feast, thou, and thy son, and thy daughter, and thy manservant, and thy maidservant, and the Levite, the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, that are within thy gates. 15 Seven days shalt thou keep a solemn feast unto the Lord thy God in the place which the Lord shall choose: because the Lord thy God shall bless thee in all thine increase, and in all the works of thine hands, therefore thou shalt surely rejoice.
16 Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the Lord thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the Lord empty:

So when the Sons of God appeared before men in Job, and notice his sons were FEASTING, they were simply observing one of the feasts of the Lord.

Job 1:4 And his sons went and feasted in their houses, every one his day; and sent and called for their three sisters to eat and to drink with them.
5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all:

You see that, days of the feasting.

Sons of God refers to the holy seed. BUT there are a couple of instances where it refers to creation, the sun and moon. E.g

Job 38:7 when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Perhaps I should clear this up in more detail in a new thread. I shall find time.

Shalom

Do you even read your bible at all?
So the sons of God mentioned in the book of Genesis who saw and lusted after the daughters of men are the "holy seed" (whatever that means)

I gave you a quotation in Job and you obviously bypassed it and used your own quotation.
I wasn't talking about when the sons of Job were feasting, sir.
I was talking about when the sons of God gathered before God and the devil came amongst them. The bible never said they were feasting. So I don't know where you got your idea from. Job 1: 5-7

The more you make a fool of your mythic self by twisting things to suit yourself, the more your shallowness is made evident. Lol.
Continue twisting things. If I give you a quotation from the bible, bypass it and get an arbitrary quotation to suit yourself.

You guys are all twisted. That's why you wish to always twist everything to suit your pitiable interpretations of life.

It's pathetic, really.

3 Likes

Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by nobilis: 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
JesusisLord85:

hahaha.

Shalom

The only thing upon which you base your conclusion that the sons of God referred to in Job 38: 7 points to sun and moon is the premise that morning stars were aforementioned. Sorry to say, but isn't that stupid?

So that verse couldn't mean that the angels shouted for joy when the morning stars sang together? It must definitely mean that it was the sun and moon that shouted for joy?
It didn't occur to you also that "morning stars" might be a metaphor?

Christians oo!
Where are your brains

Honestly, I'm tired of mentioning how pathetic your post is. Because the more I dissect that your post, the more I see the stupidity therein.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Rilwayne001: 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
nobilis:

Christians oo!
Where are your brains .

In their pocket grin grin LMAO
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Hiswordxray(m): 8:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
ifeness:

Are you gay?
Hey friend how far?
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 04, 2015
plaetton:
C' Mon Frosbel. Don't pretend that you don't already know that Yahweh was the tribal deity of the Hebrews, the embodiment of their identity and worldview, just as Ra was for ancient Egyptians, Marduk and Nebo for Babylonians, Amadioha for Igbos, etc etc.

Bible offers us ample proof that Israel was Yahweh's inheritance. That is very very significant.

Now, your dillema, as with many others, is to reconcile the fraud you have been fed with along about Yahweh being God, with your inner yearnings to atune yourself with the creative agent of the universe.

But, you are asking the right questions, nevertheless.
Fantastic response.
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Hey friend how far?

Not bad,yourself ?
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Hiswordxray(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2015
ifeness:

Not bad,yourself ?
Great.
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Kei144(m): 9:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
The topic of this thread is somehow complex; complex because advanced spiritual knowledge is required in order to correctly answer the question posed by the title of the thread. There are two spiritual kingdoms that have influence on mankind, represented by the two trees in the middle of the Garden of Eden. We all know that Adam and Eve chose to follow the way of Satan. Virtually all the descendants of Adam and Eve followed the kingdom of Satan. In those early days, knowledge of God was still available, but most people were not interested in meeting the conditions for drawing near to God. Only rare people like Enoch, Noah, and eventually Abraham cared enough for God to attempt to meet His conditions. With time, people began to lose knowledge of God. By the time of Abraham, only Abraham had enough faith that was acceptable to God; so, God chose Abraham for perpetuation of knowledge of His kingdom on earth. As time progressed, the rest of the world knew nothing about God and all followed the kingdom of Satan.

Abraham had two sons; Ishmael and Isaac. Apparently because Ishmael's mother belonged to a people that were deeply covenanted with Satan, God knew that Ishmael would not be able to follow Him acceptably; so, Isaac was elected God's remnant on the earth. Isaac had two sons; Esau and Jacob. Esau related too closely with and married a woman from Canaanites that were too much involved with the kingdom of Satan; consequently, he could not concentrate on the way of God. That was how Jacob became the only son of Isaac to hold the light of the knowledge of God. All the children of Jacob (renamed Israel) were elected to be the people of God.

Why were other people not included in the people of God? It is spiritual affair. Other people are deeply covenanted with Satan. Their environment was ruled by Satan. Satan makes it very difficult for people under his domain to seriously follow the way of God. However, people in ancient times that moved to live with Jews were able to join the people of God, because Satan's influence on them became minimal. Even Jews, due to influence of Canaanites (who were covenanted to Satan) also abandoned the way of God to join the kingdom of Satan.

macof:
The early Jews recognized other gods but sake of covenant they worshipped exclusively Yahweh, occasionally going back to worship other gods. It wasn't until the return from Babylon at 5th/6th century BC that the Jewish elders like Zerubabel proclaimed Yahweh as only existing god.

In 2009, I had a dream in which I knew that there was a virgin land located to the south of Israel. The virgin land was also located to the east of my fatherland and was separated from my fatherland by two countries. I also knew that my people (Jews of Nigeria) and Israelis have the right to go and grab portions of this virgin land a their personal possession. It is very easy for Israelis because the virgin land shares border with their country; whereas, for my people they need to get visas for the two countries that separate my fatherland from the virgin land. I saw myself in the dream telling my people about the opportunity to grab a portion of the virgin land. I told them that getting the visas for crossing the two countries is very easy. Then I woke up. I couldn't understand why it was easier for Israeli (white) Jews to get to the virgin land than for my people, until recently. Just like @Macof wrote in the quote above, white Jews are descendants of Jews that returned from exile in Babylonian. Their ancestors forever rejected Satan and accepted Yahweh as their God. Jews of Nigeria are descendants of Jews who were not exiled to Babylon, but went down to Egypt (Jeremiah 43) against God's word. So, our ancestors got deeply covenanted with Satan. Even though we are Christians today, the deep covenant with Satan by our ancestors still limits how close we could get to God. The two visas that my people must get has a lot to do with ancestral covenants with Satan.

From what I have explained here, you can see the implications of descendants of Ishmael that were deeply covenanted with Satan suddenly springing up a new religion (Islam) and claiming that God has suddenly chosen them over the Jews and gave them new laws. Wonderful!
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Lex11(m): 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2015
JesusisLord85:

But who were those supposed gentiles:

https://www.nairaland.com/1885089/gentiles-irrefutable-proof-modern-day-christianity
-------------
Really a gentile refers to anyone who is not of Israeli nationality or Jewish descendancy.
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by JesusisLord85: 11:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
nobilis:

So that verse couldn't mean that the angels shouted for joy when the morning stars sang together? It must definitely mean that it was the sun and moon that shouted for joy?
It didn't occur to you also that "morning stars" might be a metaphor?

Haha, I gave you a taster of your poor interpretation by showing you that when the sons of God presented themselves before the Lord, it was referring to the feast days. Three times a year shall your men present themselves before me.

I also said this deserves a thread on its own where I can expand upon the precepts. So stop throwing your toys out of the pram like a little boy. I shall address the Sons of God, and THEN your 'Jesus' is not the son of God chatter, in more detail in a thread.
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by JesusisLord85: 11:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
Lex11:

-------------
Really a gentile refers to anyone who is not of Israeli nationality or Jewish descendancy.

I have a whole detailed thread, with precepts, that shows that to be incorrect. Can you bring your precepts.
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by johnydon22(m): 12:23am On Jan 05, 2015
this thread is wrong... the name of the thread should be "is yhwh only the god of the jews?"....

1 Like

Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by AmunRaOlodumare: 12:42am On Jan 05, 2015
frosbel:
I believe in ONE God and all that , but one thing really nags my mind.
You're on the right path by asking those questions.

I know it may be hard because of your christian education, and the influence Christianity since European colonization, but try to learn about your own African spirituality and worldview and you will begin to ignore the bible worldview completely.

I respect the religions of Jewish, Europeans and Arab people such as the Judaism, Christianity and Islam the same way as I respect other religions of other people such as Buddhism, Shinto, other European (Ancient Greece, etc), Asian and Native American religions. There's a lot of similarities between all religions of the world, especially traditional ones. Although Abrahamic religions, especially as practiced by Europeans and Arabs, sometimes tend to be intolerant toward other religions, denominations and spiritual knowledge, this is not something I can respect obviously. Respect must go both ways.

Abrahamic religions are not the religions of our people. Learn about the religious knowledge of your own people, you will begin to "ignore" Abrahamic religions in you worldview and you will also see the concept of religion itself differently. In a much less confrontational manner for one, as they are no competitions between "religions" in traditional settings, each people, even each families in a certain way, can have their own name and knowledge of god through their ancestors. Even the term religions is a bit of a misnomer, it's more like knowledge, spirituality and culture.

2 Likes

Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by macof(m): 1:08am On Jan 05, 2015
Kei144:
The topic of this thread is somehow complex; complex because advanced spiritual knowledge is required in order to correctly answer the question posed by the title of the thread. There are two spiritual kingdoms that have influence on mankind, represented by the two trees in the middle of the Garden of Eden. We all know that Adam and Eve chose to follow the way of Satan. Virtually all the descendants of Adam and Eve followed the kingdom of Satan. In those early days, knowledge of God was still available, but most people were not interested in meeting the conditions for drawing near to God. Only rare people like Enoch, Noah, and eventually Abraham cared enough for God to attempt to meet His conditions. With time, people began to lose knowledge of God. By the time of Abraham, only Abraham had enough faith that was acceptable to God; so, God chose Abraham for perpetuation of knowledge of His kingdom on earth. As time progressed, the rest of the world knew nothing about God and all followed the kingdom of Satan.

Abraham had two sons; Ishmael and Isaac. Apparently because Ishmael's mother belonged to a people that were deeply covenanted with Satan, God knew that Ishmael would not be able to follow Him acceptably; so, Isaac was elected God's remnant on the earth. Isaac had two sons; Esau and Jacob. Esau related too closely with and married a woman from Canaanites that were too much involved with the kingdom of Satan; consequently, he could not concentrate on the way of God. That was how Jacob became the only son of Isaac to hold the light of the knowledge of God. All the children of Jacob (renamed Israel) were elected to be the people of God.

Why were other people not included in the people of God? It is spiritual affair. Other people are deeply covenanted with Satan. Their environment was ruled by Satan. Satan makes it very difficult for people under his domain to seriously follow the way of God. However, people in ancient times that moved to live with Jews were able to join the people of God, because Satan's influence on them became minimal. Even Jews, due to influence of Canaanites (who were covenanted to Satan) also abandoned the way of God to join the kingdom of Satan.

In 2009, I had a dream in which I knew that there was a virgin land located to the south of Israel. The virgin land was also located to the east of my fatherland and was separated from my fatherland by two countries. I also knew that my people (Jews of Nigeria) and Israelis have the right to go and grab portions of this virgin land a their personal possession. It is very easy for Israelis because the virgin land shares border with their country; whereas, for my people they need to get visas for the two countries that separate my fatherland from the virgin land. I saw myself in the dream telling my people about the opportunity to grab a portion of the virgin land. I told them that getting the visas for crossing the two countries is very easy. Then I woke up. I couldn't understand why it was easier for Israeli (white) Jews to get to the virgin land than for my people, until recently. Just like @Macof wrote in the quote above, white Jews are descendants of Jews that returned from exile in Babylonian. Their ancestors forever rejected Satan and accepted Yahweh as their God. Jews of Nigeria are descendants of Jews who were not exiled to Babylon, but went down to Egypt (Jeremiah 43) against God's word. So, our ancestors got deeply covenanted with Satan. Even though we are Christians today, the deep covenant with Satan by our ancestors still limits how close we could get to God. The two visas that my people must get has a lot to do with ancestral covenants with Satan.

From what I have explained here, you can see the implications of descendants of Ishmael that were deeply covenanted with Satan suddenly springing up a new religion (Islam) and claiming that God has suddenly chosen them over the Jews and gave them new laws. Wonderful!

madness cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by nobilis: 4:28am On Jan 05, 2015
JesusisLord85:

Haha, I gave you a taster of your poor interpretation by showing you that when the sons of God presented themselves before the Lord, it was referring to the feast days. Three times a year shall your men present themselves before me.

I also said this deserves a thread on its own where I can expand upon the precepts. So stop throwing your toys out of the pram like a little boy. I shall address the Sons of God, and THEN your 'Jesus' is not the son of God chatter, in more detail in a thread.

Guy, please what are you talking about?
Are you also demented even on top of being stupid and slow in thinking?

The Deuteronomy verse you quoted was talking about a precept which God gave the Israelites concerning their children. And you have made it clear that Job's children were "feasting" before the Lord before calamity befell them.

Why have you constantly refused to see that I wasn't talking about Job's children, sir?
I was talking about sons of God being gathered before God and satan came amongst them. To make the difference clearer to you, the sons of God who were gathered before God were not mentioned to be feasting. I've mentioned this in an earlier post to clarify what you have missed. Yet you still stuck to your obviously erroneous theory because that's the only way you can support your erroneous teaching.

Secondly, I never said Jesus is or isn't the son of God. If you remember correctly, I said that the difference between YHWH (Yahweh/Yah) and the Christian God is that YHWH has no son but the Christian God has a son (The only place we see "begotten son" as pertaining to Jesus is in the New testament epistles which proves what I've been saying-the Christian God begat a son. The Hebrew God has no son.).

And I asked you to show me, in all of the 4 Gospels in the bible, where Jesus said "I am the only begotten son of God", either directly or indirectly.

So stop twisting my words, oga I-too-know. If there was a place I said Jesus isn't the son of God or is the son of God, quote me here let me see.

Stop reveling in your mythical and virtual victory because obviously you've proven nothing. And you're digging a deeper grave for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Lex11(m): 6:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
JesusisLord85:

I have a whole detailed thread, with precepts, that shows that to be incorrect. Can you bring your precepts.
-------------
I read your thread, respectfully -

You precepts are based, in pertinent part, upon the premise that “A foreigner or stranger could be anybody”, including those of the same nation as the one calling the other a stranger.

Just like I indicated in my original reply (https://www.nairaland.com/2074575/god-god-only-jews#29488299) there is a nation of Israel (some or most of which will go to Heaven, while some won’t), and then there is the Spiritual Nation of Israel (everyone from the beginning of time, Jew or otherwise that will go to Heaven, others will not)… all only by God’s grace.

Examples of those that we know were/are justified by the blood of Christ Jesus The Lord who are not of Jewish nationality and thus gentiles/strangers? The Ethiopian Eunuch - (Acts 8:26-40)

Cornelius of Caesarea, a centurion of the band called the Italian band - (Acts 10 & Acts 11:1-18). This reference is particularly important because the apostles and brethren protested and questioned Simon Peter about preaching the word of God to the “Gentiles” (Acts 11:1)… but after he explained to them that God Himself had authorized him to do so via a vision and other confirmations …it reads “When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.” (Acts 11:18).

The Apostle Paul was commanded to go preach the gospel to the “heathen.” He first went to Arabia, and the back the Damascus (Syria). (Galatians 1: 15-17).

What was the purpose of preaching the word of God? So that these heathen/gentiles/foreigners/strangers might be saved by God’s grace as well as the Jews (apostles and others). “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17

I could go on and on, but one telling verse that helps harmonize the preceding verses that I identified above re: a spiritual/twelve tribe Israel consisting of not only Jews/descendants of Abraham, but also many Heathen/Gentiles is this:

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation” - Revelation 5:9

1 Like

Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by JesusisLord85: 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2015
Lex11:

-------------
I read your thread, respectfully -

You precepts are based, in pertinent part, upon the premise that “A foreigner or stranger could be anybody”, including those of the same nation as the one calling the other a stranger.

Just like I indicated in my original reply (https://www.nairaland.com/2074575/god-god-only-jews#29488299) there is a nation of Israel (some or most of which will go to Heaven, while some won’t), and then there is the Spiritual Nation of Israel (everyone from the beginning of time, Jew or otherwise that will go to Heaven, others will not)… all only by God’s grace.

Examples of those that we know were/are justified by the blood of Christ Jesus The Lord who are not of Jewish nationality and thus gentiles/strangers? The Ethiopian Eunuch - (Acts 8:26-40)

Cornelius of Caesarea, a centurion of the band called the Italian band - (Acts 10 & Acts 11:1-18). This reference is particularly important because the apostles and brethren protested and questioned Simon Peter about preaching the word of God to the “Gentiles” (Acts 11:1)… but after he explained to them that God Himself had authorized him to do so via a vision and other confirmations …it reads “When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.” (Acts 11:18).

The Apostle Paul was commanded to go preach the gospel to the “heathen.” He first went to Arabia, and the back the Damascus (Syria). (Galatians 1: 15-17).

What was the purpose of preaching the word of God? So that these heathen/gentiles/foreigners/strangers might be saved by God’s grace as well as the Jews (apostles and others). “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17

I could go on and on, but one telling verse that helps harmonize the preceding verses that I identified above re: a spiritual/twelve tribe Israel consisting of not only Jews/descendants of Abraham, but also many Heathen/Gentiles is this:

And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation” - Revelation 5:9

Cornelius was an Israelite:
https://www.nairaland.com/1844692/cornelius-acts-10-hebrew-heathen

The 'Ethiopian' Eunuch was an Israelite:
I have not done a thread on it. But remember this:
Acts 8:27
And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship, 28 was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

He came to worship because the Law demands the men of Israel must present themselves to the Lord three times a year at appointed feasts. He also had scrolls of the prophets. Absolutely no way the Jews would let the heathen worship with them in the Temple.
By the way, in order to partake in the feast of passover, according to the law, one must be circumcised according to the Law. How could this so-called Ethiopian partake if he is uncircumcised.

Regarding the other things you mention, I believe the precepts in my thread are more than sufficient.

Shalom
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Emeka30: 11:43am On Jan 26, 2015
The time for you to boost your GP is now and the place is here
This philosophy project report is wonderful. It exposes the ills in our society today. It has been written to NUC standard so why hesitate
click..
Kant’s Ethics Vis-À-Vis Human Rights and Widowhood Practices in Igbo Land
http://uniprojectsearch.com/kants-ethics-v…ices-igbo-land/
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by zinnyprecy(f): 12:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
who are the Jews? the Jews are those that obey the Torah and prophets. d bible said even if the gentiles among you obey and do my commandments I will bless them. if u willing obey the word of God be you Jews or not the Lord will bless you. the Lord is nt the God of the Jews alone, though they are the chosen people and perculiar nation, if u obey and do the word of God he will bless u like he does for d Jews.
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
Yes.. God .. Yahweh, Yehova is for the Jews.. you may choose God over other non-performing or expired Gods.. which is what most people do anyway.. Mine is a high-perormer 150% return rates.. no delays, no excuses, no unfathomable reason to test your faith. He is called MONEY!

1 Like

Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by johnydon22(m): 11:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
zinnyprecy:
who are the Jews? the Jews are those that obey the Torah and prophets. d bible said even if the gentiles among you obey and do my commandments I will bless them. if u willing obey the word of God be you Jews or not the Lord will bless you. the Lord is nt the God of the Jews alone, though they are the chosen people and perculiar nation, if u obey and do the word of God he will bless u like he does for d Jews.
Yeah a universal god choosing a particular race and people... So much for a someone who claims to have created the universe... Oh i remember The jews made the fables up! grin

1 Like

Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by nep2ra(m): 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2017
Each race to their own (version of) God, I suppose.
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Kobojunkie: 6:06am On Dec 17, 2022
1. I believe in ONE God and all that , but one thing really nags my mind. The old testament scripture hinges on Israel/Judah as a nation and the implications for the entire earth. God used them as a blue print for the rest of mankind to follow , but Israel and Judah failed woefully to achieve this objective. Since it appears that God was almost exclusively Jewish in the OT scriptures, and the Jews mostly were rebellious ,what chance did other nations have of salvation since in most cases they never heard about the ONE God, or if they did he was called him by another name with smaller gods placed besides him.

2. Based on this opening statement , a few questions ;
a.- Are other nations inferior to the Jews
b.- By what standard did God judge the other nations?
c.- Was this standard different to the standard for the Jews
d.- What if they never heard about God in Jewish terms but knew him by another name, does this mean they knew the one true God
e.- When Jesus said he came only for the lost house of Israel, was this racist ?
1. Salvation, as presented by Jesus Christ is also meant only for the lost sheep of Israel --- including those who were exiled by God from the Nation of Israel (short answer). undecided
2 undecided
a. According to God, Israel was close to scum when He conscripted them for His people. He admitted that they were stiff-necked people who would refuse to obey Him even after all the good He did for them. So, the answer to your question is no. undecided
b. What other nations? ? undecided
c. Compared to other Nations, the Israelites endure more destruction at the hands of curses as a result of their being God's people, so much so that He succeeded in scattering them to all 4 corners of the earth in just the time that He had them as His people. I don't know of any other people that can boast of a similar fate. undecided
d. God is the God of Israel, not the God of any other nation. Israel is God's first Nation, and God's plan was never to directly recruit other nations but instead to use Israel to gain control of all of the other nations and peoples of the earth. grin
e. How could it be racist when the lost sheep of Israel whom He came to gather back to Israel were scattered by God to every tribe, every tongue, and every nation on the planet meaning that every race and people is represented in this group? grin
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Kobojunkie: 6:10am On Dec 17, 2022
Hiswordxray:
You are so carried away with things the doesn't matter. You are so concerned in feeding on knowledge. This is exactly how the first man fell. He feed on knowledge instead of life. If you believe God exist why don't you seek to know and experience him instead of gathering useless knowledge. I have never seen you ask questions like: How can I get closer to God? How can I know him intimately and not just gather knowledge about him? How can I get into is presence and enjoy fellowship with him? How can I get to know God as Love?

Instead, you ask questions that will not impact you. Tell me since when you have been gathering such information has it really impacted you significantly? Has it improve your relationship with God? No, it only makes you confused and paranoid. When will you learn how useless knowledge is? When will you truly seek and pursue God? You don't love God and you don't believe in God. You only think it is logical the God may really exist. Your state right now is pitiful and sad.
His questions are actually very interesting questions that more so-called Christians ought to ask of God since so many are instead engaged in blind religion and nothing worthwhile. undecided
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Kobojunkie: 6:22am On Dec 17, 2022
twosquare:
1. - in the times of the old covenant, yes they're inferior to the jews. Why? Because inferiority is when you don't know God; for unto the Jews were committed the oracles of God.
2. - nations once knew God but changed the truth of God into a lie and worship the creature instead of the Creator. Conscience is used to judge them because the laws were not given unto them as unto israel. Paul explained this sha. And remember Balaam wasn't an israelite.- Luke 12:48
3. -yes, balaam wasn't a jew, the midianites wasn't a jew, the moabites isn't. Yet among them we have folks who knew God. And God respond to them.
4. -No, His assignment(primary) is to make the house of israel see the kingdom of the Father and when they do, the whole earth will be greatly blessed and they the israelites will understand Him better for unto them were given prophecies and directions of what should be done. God will attend to His friends first. Romans 11:12-15.
1. This is wrong! According to God, the jews were in no way superior to any other group out there even at the time which He chose them. They were a bunch of murders, stiff-necked people, as He described them in Deuteronomy 9 vs 1 - 6. The people of Israel were a bunch of lowlives and God made certain they knew this. undecided
1 “Listen, you Israelites! You will go across the Jordan River today. You will go into that land to force out nations greater and stronger than you. Their cities are big and have walls as high as the sky!
2 The people there are tall and strong. They are the Anakites. You know about them. You heard our spies say, ‘No one can win against the Anakites.’
3 But you can be sure that it is the Lord your God who goes across the river before you—and God is like a fire that destroys! He will destroy those nations and make them fall before you. You will force those nations out and quickly destroy them. The Lord has promised you that this will happen.
4 “The Lord your God will force those nations out for you. But don’t say to yourselves, ‘The Lord brought us to live in this land because we are such good people.’ No, the Lord forced those nations out because they were evil, not because you were good.
5 You are going in to take their land, but not because you are good and live right. You are going in, and the Lord your God is forcing those people out because of the evil way they lived. And the Lord wants to keep the promise he made to your ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
6 The Lord your God is giving you that good land to live in, but you should know that it is not because you are good. The truth is that you are very stubborn people! - Deuteronomy 9 vs 1 - 6
2. Israel did exactly the same and even worse than those nations did, and for this God cursed, destroyed and scatter Israel to the ends of the earth, just as He told them He would do from the beginning - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6 undecided
1. “Everything that I have mentioned will happen to you—both the blessings and the curses. And you will remember these words when the Lord your God sends you away to other nations.
2 Then you and your descendants will turn back to the Lord your God. You will follow him with all your heart and completely obey all his commands that I have given you today.
3 Then the Lord your God will be kind to you. The Lord your God will make you free again! He will bring you back from the nations where he sent you.
4 Even if you were sent to the farthest parts of the earth, the Lord your God will gather you from there and bring you back.
5 The Lord your God will bring you into the land your ancestors had, and the land will become yours. He will do good to you, and you will have more than your ancestors had. You will have more people in your nation than they ever had.
6 The Lord your God will make you and your descendants want to obey him.[a] Then you will love the Lord your God with all your heart. And you will live! - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6
3. undecided
4. His friends? His only mission is to the Lost sheep of Israel. they are the only ones to benefit from the mercy that God has for mankind through Him, according to the prophets and Jesus Christ. So, His friends are all also of the Lost sheep of Israel. undecided
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Kobojunkie: 6:47am On Dec 17, 2022
johnydon22:
Yeah a universal god choosing a particular race and people... So much for a someone who claims to have created the universe... Oh i remember The jews made the fables up! grin
According to the story, God instead used Israel to harvest for Himself people from every tribe, every tongue, and every Nation, so He didn't choose a particular race and people, but instead has in His Israel, people from all races of this planet represented. So, He most definitely cannot be racist! undecided
Re: Is God A God Of Only The Jews by Kobojunkie: 3:40am On Dec 18, 2022
macof:
Read ur Bible well. Anybody who tells u that Yahweh is God of all is a candidate for the Hell he peaches
Chk out all u can abt d history of that god Yahweh, he was brought to the Hebrews during the time of Abraham by Kenite travellers who later settled in midian and initiated Moses to it's cult
Read the Bible, Moses father in law wasn't Hebrew but he was a priest of Yahweh

Read ur Bible, The early Jews recognized other gods but sake of covenant they worshipped exclusively Yahweh, occasionally going back to worship other gods. It wasn't until the return from Babylon at 5th/6th century BC that the Jewish elders like Zerubabel proclaimed Yahweh as only existing god

Before the Hebrews came to Canaan, Yahweh was worshipped as one of the 70children of a much greater deity called El Elyon
Actually, YHWH is attached to the agreement that God made with the Israelites in the Land of Canaan — the Constitution of the Nation of Israel. That Constitution did not exist nor was it referenced in scripture until after it was given to the people of Israel by Moses. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Did The Word “GOD” Originate? / Babalawo’s Son Insists ‘Olukoya Is My Father’s Customer‘ / Women As Vessel Unto Honour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.