Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) (9595 Views)

I Wish There Was A God / I Wish There Is No Heaven But Hell Only / I Wish There Was No GOD. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by johnydon22(m): 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2015
[b]Just popped into Nairaland and was met with this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2657880/wish-there-no-god as one would always expect it was a victims card at play, misconception about atheist, painting a wrong image of atheist so as to lay out some unfounded assertion.

I wanted to reply but two things stopped me.

1st the font size of the Op. . Huge red bold letters only makes you look silly and masks the point you are trying to make... I wonder if you think BOLDED letters makes people read your posts, well most would ignore it because of it so i advice you better stop the childish act of enlarging your texts.

2nd menesheh already made the thread look ridiculous with the continuous quote of the Op. That's not entirely a rebuttal... its more like just trolling.

I feel the need to correct the Op's wrong assertions and misrepresentations of atheists in other to instigate religious correctness. . . Straw man is a huge fallacy of ambiguity please it would be better you stop it..
[/b]

osile2012:

When i see the so called atheists on Nairaland running around the threads to persuade people to believe there is no GOD

This is a very wrong assertion, Atheists here who take the time to argue with you or other religious persons based on the lay outs of your various religions are not trying to persuade people there is no God.

Rather they engage you in an argument based on the tenets of your beliefs and such instigate independent reason and thinking in the doctrinal and dogmatic lay out of these religions.

either because of some events that took place in their life that got them frustrated or the fact that they don't like the idea of being accountable,
Second false and i must be blunt a blatantly idiotic assertion.

Atheists do not turn atheists because they have problems last i checked atheists are not the ones running around crusade grounds.

I saw Dalaman make rubbish of this assertion and you couldn't even defend it. . Our lives are perfectly ok thank you.

People turn atheists because they are bold enough not to live in wishful blind hopes or retarding beliefs that murders reason and human curiosity.

People turn atheistic when they realize that the Gods and religions abound have no evidence or substantiation to show that it is anymore than just wishful thinking..

i laugh. Honestly, i sometimes wished there was no GOD and that there was no consequences for our actions.
[b]
This has murdered everything. you have shown that your belief in a God is tied to your conformity to the moral dictates of an authority.

You wish there was no God who is angry and wrathful ever ready to burn you in punishment, well you have just shown that without this idea of a grudge bearing and wrathful God as laid out by religions you would an out of control human wreaking havoc where ever you go.

I am an atheist i make my own moral standards independent of some primitive constructs and i live by the dictates of my own reason.

I neither kill or take whats not mine and i do these things even though i don't share in your absurd idea of a torture prone God.

I do them because i recognize my responsibility as a human living in a society of other humans and a world filled with life forms and recognize that a good way to live is to make the world better than you met it and leave with others as parts of the same human society

Obviously i totally 100% in agreement that you should never leave your belief in a God because without it someone like you who obviously has shown us here to lack independent moral basis might be a serial killer...
[/b]

That once your dead it file is closed. That would have been fun to some extent, but then its the opposite. I know how frustrated it feels to be accountable, and not be in control of every circumstance around you. Its actually more difficult trying to convince yourself there is no GOD when the evidences stare you in the face daily.
[b]
I know of nothing to suggest this idea of a punishment scheme tied around the rope of afterlife is nothing more than mere wishful lay out of an authority to ensure conformity to the moral dictates of the society.

I am sure the dogs out there are not deluding themselves in the fantasy of getting another life after they are dead.

You had no life before this biological machine called body whatever made you think you will still have one when this biological component fails really got you swimming in abject delusion.

Since the emergence of human society they have been a need for ethics of interactions and societal goodness.

two methods were devised.

Politics : Law of the state ..

Religion: Alleged law of a deity which is a form of politics wrapped in the guise of supernatural claims to ensure submission and conformity. people would believe anything that is roped around their ignorance.

This method has proven not be working well because we see Christian crusaders who murder heretics thinking they will be getting a reward later or muslim jihadists murdering people thinking they are getting a bountiful reward.

The essence of good human behaviour stems from compassion and empathy towards others and never should be based on the concept of reward and punishment, God or religion..
[/b]

I see how restless the so call atheists are on nairaland, trying to hijack every christian thread they see just to make them feel good. The seem to lack peace and uncertain about their believe, and constantly attack christian threads to convince themselves of their own believe. Are you not at peace with yourself knowing there is no GOD and no consequences for your actions? Why do you have to attack and hijack threads to prove your point?

Here you employ the victims card.

Atheists argue over your religious beliefs which is more or less affecting the societal fabrics around everyone and you call that restlessness?

This show of victims card play only reveals insecurity in your own beliefs because you make obvious you don't want your religion challenged, refuted, debunked and scrutinized and who is best to this if not one who don't share the same belief?

Atheists attack muslims too, ridicule and rubbish their religion and God concept yet they don't always shout over it. . .

I am sure your all saying in your mind how can you prove there is GOD and Judgement ?

Actually NO . . . What atheists think is something like "Why can't people just look beyond their delusion and use their brain for once"

The answer is simple. When you look at the end of every post or at the top of the page you are responding from, you will see a "DATE" there. Thats the evidence that there is GOD and we will answer for our actions whether we believe or not. "TIME" is the only evidence, and that is enough for any wise person.

Just imagine this nonsense..

Why not simply say I HAVE NO EVIDENCE than ridiculing and making nonsense of your own post with this unfounded nonsense.

One thing all humans use in life is "TIME", and whether you believe there is GOD or not, at-least you believe and use time.You celebrate your birthday with time, you tell your age with time, you go to work with time and close with time.

Oh seriously you obviously know nothing about time. . You are here laying out human perception of duration measurement and sheepishly use such to more like destroy your own posts.

Time actually is the evidence of duration according to human measurement and perception. . . In quantum physics time is a quantum dimension interwoven with the the fabrics of space.

Just wonder how someone wrote this...

WHY TIME?
Time is a reminder from GOD to man that we will answer for our actions. Who set the time? If there was no GOD or judgement, why dont we live forever ?

Lmao. . . You were not around infinitely backward as a conscious being how then do you expect to infinitely hang around.

Time (in this case duration) reveals the change in the interactions of resulting actions. . .Time was set by nobody humans perceived time by observation of actions in relation to duration.

Mathematically what you assert to be infinite comes under the point of finite in one single valuable. .

0.9999999999.... till infinity still is equal to 1. . . Teempakguy should enjoy this.. wink

So your wishful delusion of trying to infuse human perception of duration to your religious beliefs is a cheap deception and as such rubbishes everything you asserted here. /i]

There are 2 important aspects of time "START TIME" and "END TIME" . Both start time and end time are important, but what we are rewarded for is what happens in-between them.
[i]

It's not so difficult understanding why we make these selfish stories for ourselves having known that out of every creature on earth we are probably the only that have knowledge of the inevitable end of our beings and as such this burden of knowledge of an inevitable end weighs on a feeble mind.

Banking on this wishful hope to live again religions have devised many means to coerce the masses into conformity to it's tenets and that is where we get the reincarnation and afterlife ideas.

You are correct about one thing the only important aspect of our being is now, so we should make it count because it doesn't last forever and learn to live in this one and not formulate fantasies of another...

An exam has a "start time" and "end Time" but whether you pass and promoted or demoted depends on what you did between the start time and end time.

An exam analogy, how quaint... smiley Exams are given when someone has been taught. . You did not ask to come into existence so how come you were dragged into an exam you had no foreknowledge of?

This is always the funny part...

A football match has a "start time" and "end time" but the winner is chosen by what they did between the times.
Our Jobs have start time and end time, we are paid for what we do in between the time.
The food we eat has a start time and end time, what happens between the time produces the result.
Seriously you are still going over this start time and end time .

Thats repetition of the same nonsense unnecessarily making the already boring post more boring..

Now whoever sets the start time and end time of a program or activity determines the result .

In relation to the human analogy of time perception, participation is by willful acceptance..

If a school sets the start time and end time of an exam, they determine the result, based on the students performance in between the times.
An employer specifies the start time and end time of the employees and pays them based on their performance in between.

Again a school and employer banks on willful participation . . .

We as humans, whether we choose to believe in GOD or not, we have our "start time" and "end time" . We did not set the times, and we definitely will have to be rewarded by the one who set these times. Someone will say, what if i end my life, i have decided my end time . Well when a school set a start time and end time for an exam, and you decide not to write anything and submit your paper and leave the hall. The school will still determine what happens to you based on how u performed between their start time and the end time.

Using this recycling of the same nonsense over and over again. . it is time to boomerang it..

God also must have another God who is in charge of it's own activities?

Our start time and end time only affirms the unique interactions of biological neuroperception and anatomical activities and not any kind of imaginary authority you assume up without substantiation.

A school is surely evidential but you keep reconciling it with an unproven, non-evidential abstract concepts laid out by primitive men in dictating the lay out of societal authority.

So whether you choose the believe in GOD and try to live right or you choose not to believe in GOD and live anyhow, your clock is ticking, your now in between your start and end time.

And there goes the threat to ensure coercing and submission. . . What exactly is a being powerful as a God doing with belief.

why have you all decided to show off your God concepts as a childish, ego maniac that needs humans to believe it blindly without evidence.

What you do in between will be rewarded by the one who set the time. Most of us stay glued to the TV screen when our favorite football teams are playing. The start time whistle goes off, and when the end time whistle blows, some people celebrate and hug themselves, while other cry. Both those who celebrate and cry, celebrate the reward of what happened in between the start and end.

Oh please not this again...**Face palm**

Some will say, what if there is a draw at the end of the start and end time? Well unfortunately, this game called life is a final and can never end in draw. In finals, they play penalties until there is a winner and loser .
[b]

Footballers went into footballing willfully and also are obviously existential before going into a field to play according to the set out time.

You knew nothing before you came to earth, according you: God dragged you into a test without you asking for it, you are being tested unnecessarily for what exactly?

If God needed to create a being in a perfect good place why not just create that being there and not just create an unknowing being in an imperfect random scenario and tag it test.

Religions has never ceased to amuse me with the way it ridicules and refutes its own God concept by itself...

If there really was a God, this barbaric, sadistic, egocentric, narcissistic, tyrannic, and all round childishness you and your religions heap on it here would be a far greater insult than the people who don't believe such preposterous concepts

So anytime you feel proud and try to convince yourself that there is no GOD and o consequences for your actions? Look at you watch and see that time is still going on .
[i]

You keep roping on actions, Belief in a God has nothing to do with the moral tendency of a human.

Belief in a God is not synonymous to morality neither is such vague mass control scheme a basis of human fundamental morality.

You have only shown us here you lack independent moral basis and is stuck in the Belief of a God out of fear.

Affirms the saying : Basis of religion is not faith but fear...

Those who claim there is no GOD are like employees who removed the battery from they clock with hope that they have stopped time. They dont go to work and give their employer an excuse that, their times stopped so they did not see the need to show up.

On a more correct statement : Those who disbelieve your claims of a God without evidence are honest enough to distance themselves from the psychological control of an imaginative concept asserted without evidence and needs to be blindly believe by fear and faith..

Even when your clock stops ticking, time is still going on. So even when you dont believe in GOD, you will still answer before him at the end of time.

Affirms time is a perception of duration. . . You forgot to add whether God believes in another God or not it would still answer to it at the end of time..

So to the atheist, that have removed the battery of their clock and claim there is nothing like time anymore, you will still realize at your stop time that time was running all the while.
[b][i]
This is an abject display of nonsense. . . Just it again and see..

An atheists do not pretend there is no God rather they are honest with themselves not to pretend there is

#HappySunday.
[b]
Happy sunday to you too..

Now it is clear that you have revealed the very fabrics of your belief in a deity is that you fear a wrathful, vengeful, angry, sadistic God who dragged you into a test and will burn you if you fail it even though you never signed up to be dragged into it.

Like i have on my signature, those few words totally makes nonsense of this grand delusion of wishful thinking and unwarranted fear of a deity..

You do not need religion or belief in an angry God to be moral, if you cannot distinguish between right from wrong in relation to your interaction with others then its obvious you lack empathy and not religion.

This you have shown to lack in the thread you created about how people should thank their Gods after seeing the tragedies that befall others . https://www.nairaland.com/2657619/why-u-should-thank-god

If there is a perfect God who wants you to be in a perfect world and has the ability to create such world, why are you not there already.

The willingness is there and the ability how come are you not in that perfect world.

There wouldn't be any need of such a bizarre cruel unfounded test of which results by the definition of omniscience he already knows. . . .

This murders the religious concept of such punny God concepts. . .

From the title of this thread " I really wish there is such an entity powerful enough to create a universe.

The characteristics you heap on this God would be a far greater insult to it than unbelief.

Because a powerful being exhibiting wrathfulness, torture hungry, egoism, narcissism, barbarism, childishness, tyranny and grudge bearing with creatures as tiny as humans

shows you are worshipping nothing but your own fears
[/b]

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by kevoh(m): 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2015
His enlarged red/orange fonts just put me off undecided Difficult to read and make meaning to his posts without those distracting fonts that I will even bother to reply. Una wey read am dey try!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2015
"johnny, I'm still waiting for your story, why you became what you are today. Its me oremussanctus, please do it asap".
Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by johnydon22(m): 9:36pm On Oct 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"johnny, I'm still waiting for your story, why you became what you are today. Its me oremussanctus, please do it asap".

Lmao. . . Very funny. . .What i am today? Is what exactly? hahahaha it's simply an embrace of reality and discarding fantasy.

Why is simply because i know of nothing to substantiate or show that these beliefs are nothing more than wishful thinking..

If you are looking to know more about the person of Johnydon22 you can simply check my Diary on my profile. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by freeDR(m): 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
"You believe in a book that has talking animals, wizards, witches, demons, sticks turning into snakes, food falling from the sky, people walking on water, and all sorts of magical, absurd and primitive stories, and you say that we are the ones that need help?" - Dan Barker

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by freeDR(m): 10:20pm On Oct 11, 2015
The world holds two classes of men - intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence." - Abu Ala Al-Ma'arri

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 11, 2015

ah, damn it. i am going to let it all out. i am going to say my mind. angry

my signature says it all. most people who claim they want truth cannot handle it.

one question i have asked myself is, how is Satan the bad guy?

i mean, think about it with an unbiased mind. you create an intelligent being who is by far better than his peers. he has everything. he is absolutely perfect in every way. what else do you expect him to do? serve you forever as a slave just because you created him?
it was only a matter of time before pride would set in. God himself is the master of pride and egoism. he himself has confirmed this on several occasions both in character and speech.
now, after this has happened, you suddenly deem him evil and expunge him from your kingdom. living him fully sentient and alive and conscious. making him aware that he will forever be punished in a burning flame at the end of a speculated time. and that this judgement cannot be reversed.
and then you go to create a far weaker species. extremely fragile with eternal souls but mortal lives. and then you allow this disgraced sentient being to interact with them. what do you expect him to do? preach to them of your eternal kindness? there is only one logical action for someone so crushed to take. take out his anger on this species. do whatever to frustrate the being who condemned.

Satan cannot be blamed for his actions. you and i would behave in the exact manner if we were put in his position. pride is an inherent trait of every intelligent species. it is inevitable. it might sound like I'm blaspheming, but if you put God in Lucifer's position, you will see what i am talking about. even God is proud that he is God. and he has self esteem issues, apparently. because over a trillion angels sing his praise every second and yet he demands more praise and adoration from us. trillions of beings are willingly at his beck and call but yet, he wants us to serve him for all our lives. 5000 years of constantly disobeying him and giving him the finger and yet he still won't leave us the hell alone.

It is obvious that God is the product of the human mind.

An immortal being doesn't have time for all this drama. like seriously? create multiple languages because some people tried to build a five story building? what the hell? grin or even destroying An ENTIRE CITY because of homosexuality and then watching as the only three people who escaped to commit INCEST. grin grin or even causing trillions of cubic meters of water to fall as rain in forty days, during which millions of animals and eight people cruised in a wooden ark with no light or food. cheesy cheesy.
or even totally causing ten plagues to ravage an entire civilization, while causing their king to be stubborn so as to allow God to continue punishing his people justified. sad
or even sacrificing his own son to himself to make himself forgive humanity. because apparently he is into gay incestuous _BD_SM_ cheesy cheesy

i could go on and on forever mehn. e don tire me. nowadays, i laugh whenever i read the bible, because it's genuinely funny. grin
the old testament especially is hilarious. just imagine, a nine foot tall giant called Goliath? like seriously? who are they deceiving? the tallest person in the world uses supports when walking. and he is just eight feet. you think he uses them for fashion? cheesy i don't know what is more incredible between that and the fact that a teenage boy killed him with a sling, only to behead him with his sword. HABA embarassed
or someone that just commanded the sun to stop moving in the sky, loll. and the sun doesn't even move anyway. but let us just assume that he meant the earth should stop rotating. that equals billions of mega joules of kinetic energy dissipated in just a few seconds. na joke? not to mention the immense deceleration that will instantly occur, ripping their insides out and bursting their skins like wine sacks. sad

but if you believe that there is one God out there that possesses infinite power, then you can believe all this. after all, with infinity, you can do anything. sad God with infinite powers and extremely unrealistic goals. like a place where intelligent beings can all praise his name with joy for eternity. sad damn, people are extremely creative.

if you are my follower and you read this, well . . . if it offends you, I'm sorry. this is how i feel. and we are all entitled to our opinions. i however encourage you to think about it all. with an unbiased mind.

cheers. cc johnydon22

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by freeDR(m): 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense." - Chapman Cohen

"Gods always behave like the people who created them" - Zora Neale Hurston

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Denis Diderot

"All thinking men are atheists." - Ernest Hemingway

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by johnydon22(m): 10:51pm On Oct 11, 2015
[b]@Teempakguy it only takes a little reason to murder religion. . .

- What is a perfect being doing with worship
-A being that powerful and perfect has no need of worship
- A being that needs worship and reverence is imperfect and insecure
- A being who creates things just to always worship it everyday has chronic narcissism and narcissism is a character flaw that stems from insecurity
-A being that powerful should be above the dictates of disturbing emotions like anger, jealousy, rage, wrathful, hatred.

This emotions stem from our insecurity in self and such a powerful being who operates within the confines of these emotions is either imperfect or does not exist.

- A being who could divide the read sea in the bible, divide the moon in the Quran but can't even say "HI" when man got video camera..

- A being that powerful is concerned whether you masturbate or not, hates pork and loves smell of burning animals... like WTF

- A being that is confined only to the pages of some shabby book that thinks the Sun stood still.. (Not knowing the earth goes round the sun rather)

- A being that takes on the character of the people it is found in. . Islamic God behaves more like Arab men in it misogyny and violence tendency.

Judaic yahweh is running after the smell of burning flesh, loves the jews more than every other person.

Christian yahweh got his son killed, loves christians more than others and will smoke others in fire to prove christians right..lmao.

- for the simple fact that these Gods are exactly what people say they are shows they are constructs of the mind of these people.

- A creator of the universe didn't know the stars were too far and too big to fall down into a tiny spec of dust called earth. .

- Creator of the universe thinks the moon is a light.

- Creator of vast universe is threatening people with fire to coerce them into submission..
- A creator of the universe, powerful and perfect still has an enemy and plays bet of humans with the enemy..

One can literally go on forever the implausible ideas of religions on their concept of God.

The idea of a God was murdered by religions and as such has shown this unfounded postulations a product of minds lost in the insecurity of their own ignorance....
[/b]

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by sonmvayina(m): 11:18pm On Oct 11, 2015
There is a third door or option, i have found it..and it makes perfect sense..try and look for it too...
Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by hahn(m): 10:45pm On Oct 12, 2015
kevoh:
His enlarged red/orange fonts just put me off undecided Difficult to read and make meaning to his posts without those distracting fonts that I will even bother to reply. Una wey read am dey try!

Don't forget to mention his apparent lack of ability to compose a simple sentence. Imagine me reading all that crap, and I didn't, only to be faced with menesheh and his trolling. I got an instant headache grin

I have made up my mind. I am going to open my own church soon. It's about time I start exploiting the opportunity religion has to offer.

Private jet loading grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by kevoh(m): 11:00pm On Oct 12, 2015
hahn:

Don't forget to mention his apparent lack of ability to compose a simple sentence. Imagine me reading all that crap, and I didn't, only to be faced with menesheh and his trolling. I got an instant headache grin

@ the words in boldface
That's why I said those of you who managed to read his posts are trying!

hahn:

I have made up my mind. I am going to open my own church soon. It's about time I start exploiting the opportunity religion has to offer.

Private jet loading grin

Lol! grin

2 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by menesheh(m): 11:41pm On Oct 12, 2015
hahn:

Private jet loading grin

And am still trolling grin

1 Like

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Oct 12, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]@Teempakguy it only takes a little reason to murder religion. . .

- What is a perfect being doing with worship
-A being that powerful and perfect has no need of worship
- A being that needs worship and reverence is imperfect and insecure
- A being who creates things just to always worship it everyday has chronic narcissism and narcissism is a character flaw that stems from insecurity
-A being that powerful should be above the dictates of disturbing emotions like anger, jealousy, rage, wrathful, hatred.

This emotions stem from our insecurity in self and such a powerful being who operates within the confines of these emotions is either imperfect or does not exist.

- A being who could divide the read sea in the bible, divide the moon in the Quran but can't even say "HI" when man got video camera..

- A being that powerful is concerned whether you masturbate or not, hates pork and loves smell of burning animals... like WTF

- A being that is confined only to the pages of some shabby book that thinks the Sun stood still.. (Not knowing the earth goes round the sun rather)

- A being that takes on the character of the people it is found in. . Islamic God behaves more like Arab men in it misogyny and violence tendency.

Judaic yahweh is running after the smell of burning flesh, loves the jews more than every other person.

Christian yahweh got his son killed, loves christians more than others and will smoke others in fire to prove christians right..lmao.

- for the simple fact that these Gods are exactly what people say they are shows they are constructs of the mind of these people.

- A creator of the universe didn't know the stars were too far and too big to fall down into a tiny spec of dust called earth. .

- Creator of the universe thinks the moon is a light.

- Creator of vast universe is threatening people with fire to coerce them into submission..
- A creator of the universe, powerful and perfect still has an enemy and plays bet of humans with the enemy..

One can literally go on forever the implausible ideas of religions on their concept of God.

The idea of a God was murdered by religions and as such has shown this unfounded postulations a product of minds lost in the insecurity of their own ignorance....
[/b]
How can you explain the uniqueness of the earth, the universe and intelligence of man. All shows that indeed that there is a creator who created everything and make them to be in divine order. There is a super creator behind the creation of the universe. God exist

2 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by johnydon22(m): 12:00am On Oct 13, 2015
Rayhut:

How can you explain the uniqueness of the earth, the universe and intelligence of man. All shows that indeed that there is a creator who created everything and make them to be in divine order. There is a super creator behind the creation of the universe. God exist
[b]

So you are banking on your ignorance in order to assert a creator. . . There are Billions of planets out there like the earth.

intelligence of man is as a result of developed neuroperceptive ability . . Avenue where knowledge is lacked is not to be filled with any absurd assertion.

If the intelligence of man means it must have a creator it means the creator must be super intelligent and therefore must need another creator isn't it?

I take it there is another super creator behind the super creator. . . When one don't know something why not simply say "I don't know"

But No it is necessary to just assume up any absurd explanation that too becomes a subject of question.. the worse part is that this was propounded by primitive men and instead of 21st century beings to accept they don't know and strive to know they choose to delude themselves in the superstition of primitive men..

If there is a God you wouldn't be the one telling me that. . Nobody needs another to tell them stars are there but somehow people are not ashamed to be speaking for a God that is supposedly existential.

For the fact you are the one telling me there is (and expect me to believe without evidence of it) has already killed your assertion that there is...
[/b]

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by Richirich713: 10:14am On Oct 13, 2015
Rayhut:

100% True.

The world must have been created by a eternal being who is eternal and infinitely intelligent.
Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by hahn(m): 10:35am On Oct 13, 2015
Richirich713:

100% True.

The world must have been created by a eternal being who is eternal and infinitely intelligent.

@bolded only proves your comment is an assumption and not an assertion. Apparently, you are not sure of your claim.

Funny how theists can contradict themselves in only two paragraphs undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by johnydon22(m): 11:05am On Oct 13, 2015
hahn:

@bolded only proves your comment is an assumption and not an assertion. Apparently, you are not sure of your claim.

So far with all my interactions with persons who believe in personal Gods it has been shown beyond doubt that personal Gods are merely but feeble anthropomorphic personification of natural laws of which gave room to the fabrications of the stories that goes with it and spiritualism (In terms of superstition)

Gravity and matter interact in the formation of planetary disks and this is a fact but one would argue that this as a result of intelligent anthropomorphic entity and this reveals that this claim is simply but an anthropomorphic personification of the action of gravity on matter thereby distancing the exact interaction or entity (gravity/matter) from what they really are..

Such noble but feeble attempt in explanation of natural interactions as we know it i find to be quite childish even more so when the idea has been mutilated further by the development of the attributes of these anthropomorphic Gods.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by Richirich713: 11:26am On Oct 13, 2015
hahn:

instead of disproving what I said he play with words, this ain't English class, so go to school then go play with words.

What's funny is how u can twist words and meaning.
I was replying to the title of the forum, get it yet?

Contradiction - the act of saying something that is opposite or very different in meaning to something else. : a difference or disagreement between two things which means that both cannot be true.

So where the contradiction?

A contradiction is to believe that nothing existed before the world yet "nothing" made everything exist.

Assumption -a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

If u saying I'm making assumptions, I guess u making them to by claiming there is no God, yet with no proof.

2 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by hahn(m): 11:33am On Oct 13, 2015
Richirich713:

instead of disproving what I said he play with words, this ain't English class, so go to school then go play with words.

What's funny is how u can twist words and meaning.
I was replying to the title of the forum, get it yet?

Contradiction - the act of saying something that is opposite or very different in meaning to something else. : a difference or disagreement between two things which means that both cannot be true.

So where the contradiction?

A contradiction is to believe that nothing existed before the world yet "nothing" made everything exist.

Assumption -a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

If u saying I'm making assumptions, I guess u making them to by claiming there is no God, yet with no proof.

Me: There is no god
Proof: I can't see him

You: There is god
Proof: The bible

Me: Spiderman is real
Proof: Comic book

Richirich713:

100% True.

You didn't say the world was created by an eternal being. "Must have been" represents as assumption.

Do you have any proof god created the earth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by Richirich713: 11:34am On Oct 13, 2015
It funny how atheist have no alternative. cry

If there no God who created the universe.

Since those great "scientists" have show, I mean "proved" that the universe is not eternal.
Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by hahn(m): 11:36am On Oct 13, 2015
Richirich713:
It funny how atheist have no alternative. cry

If there no God who created the universe.

Since those great "scientists" have show, I mean "proved" that the universe is not eternal.

What exactly are you saying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by Richirich713: 11:44am On Oct 13, 2015
hahn:

Me: There is no god
Proof: I can't see him

You: There is god
Proof: The bible

Me: Spiderman is real
Proof: Comic book

Atheist - there's no God
Proof - I don't got any.

Q- Then who created the world?
Atheist - it came out of nothing or the universe is eternal.

Q- really out of nothing?
Atheist - ok I admit that was just a desperate attempt to avoid saying something must be eternal.

Q- but it can't be the universe according to ur great scientists , right?
Atheist -? Erm??

2 Likes

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by hahn(m): 11:47am On Oct 13, 2015
Richirich713:

Atheist - there's no God
Proof - I don't got any.

Q- Then who created the world?
Atheist - it came out of nothing or the universe is eternal.

Q- really out of nothing?
Atheist - ok I admit that was just a desperate attempt to avoid saying something must be eternal.

Atheist -? Erm??

Lol. Now, that was funny grin

What exactly are you saying? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by Richirich713: 11:47am On Oct 13, 2015
hahn:

What exactly are you saying?

I'm saying ur own scientists teach, sorry I mean proved that the universe is not eternal.

So the question is where did it come from?

If there's no God, who created the universe?

Did "nothing" create the world?
Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by hahn(m): 11:51am On Oct 13, 2015
Richirich713:

I'm saying ur own scientists teach, sorry I mean proved that the universe is not eternal.

So the question is where did it come from?

If there's no God, who created the universe?

Did "nothing" create the world?

At the moment, there are only theories or postulations. Science says "we don't know" but we can find out.

You say, "god did it". That doesn't make your statement a fact but another theory and a lazy one at that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by Richirich713: 11:56am On Oct 13, 2015
hahn:

At the moment, there are only theories or postulations. Science says "we don't know" but we can find out.

You say, "god did it". That doesn't make your statement a fact but another theory and a lazy one at that

No I say a eternal being did it.
Ur own scientists have proved that the universe had a beginning.

Ur scientists say "nothing" did it.
Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by johnydon22(m): 11:59am On Oct 13, 2015
hahn:

[b]

The feeble attempt is very glaring in this thread and it has been shown that every theistic argument stems from Ignorance..

Argumentum ad ignorantum.

I don't know how anything started therefore a deity must have done it..

Such arrogance in the face of ignorance is not only demeaning but dangerous to the development of our knowledge..

Is it not more noble and humbling to accept where we lack knowledge and then by accepting this lack of knowledge we create rooms for enquiry, experimentation, scrutiny and study of things that are in order to reach a truthful approximation of how things really are.

But no people sheepishly pull in a gap filler that kills our curiosity to know how it actually happened..

There is no shame in not knowing, the problem arises when irrational thoughts and attendant behaviour fills the vacuum left by ignorance..

You cannot fill a cup that is full already and worst of all filled with the wrong content..

Why not simply say i don't know so that you will be open to learning exactly how things are empirically as study reveals it..
[/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by Richirich713: 12:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
hahn:

grin
Did this dialog just take place?

Atheist -? Erm??

Q- grin thought so
Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by hahn(m): 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2015
Richirich713:

No I say a eternal being did it.
Ur own scientists have proved that the universe had a beginning.

Ur scientists say "nothing" did it.

What is your proof that an eternal being did it?

Scientists say "we don't know". Simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by hahn(m): 12:03pm On Oct 13, 2015
Richirich713:

grin
Did this dialog just take place?

Atheist -? Erm??

Q- grin thought so

Do you really just enjoy subjecting yourself to ridicule? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wish There Was A God (A Reply) by johnydon22(m): 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2015
hahn:

Do you really just enjoy subjecting yourself to ridicule? undecided

Hahahahahaha i wouldn't like being that guy now, he just doesn't understand how daft he is showing himself out to be here..

ridiculing himself ... I suggest you reply only a post worth a
. reply

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do You Go To Church Every Sunday? / Collecting Change After Giving Offering / The Sweetness Of Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.