Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush (14375 Views)

More Than 30 Potential Death Threats A Day Targeted At President Obama / Journalist Flings Shoes At President Bush / The Rape Of Iraqi Women By Us Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 2:42am On Dec 15, 2008
A-40:

Stoned? why not shot he should be shot!!

why?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by A40(m): 2:46am On Dec 15, 2008
Because he is arguably one of America's worst presidents not forgetting the fact that he doesn't give two fcuks about blacks
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Nobody: 2:49am On Dec 15, 2008
A-40:

Because he is arguably one of America's worst presidents not forgetting the fact that he doesn't give two fcuks about blacks

Whether he is America's worst president is up for debate . . .

- If he didnt give two fcuks about blacks how come Condi Rice is a close family friend and his secretary of state?

- Seems this is more about mass hysteria than reality.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by WesleyanA(f): 2:59am On Dec 15, 2008
That man that throw the shoe is a slowpoke. For all that George Bush did for iraq, he does not deserve that. he is lucky he can do that. Can he do that to Saddam. Saddam would behead him at the conference.

George Bush would go down in history as one of the greatest president that ever rule the USA. He took the best decision to invade Iraq. I would do the same to get rid of Saddam. Now Imagine how happy Nigerian would be if they can get rid of 2 years of guest who and 2 year blank future.

I just wish George Bush was bold enough to divided Nigeria.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. lol
but this is funny. esp. the last line. I'm just picturing some Nigerian (most likely hausa or yoruba) dude throwing slippers on Bush's face.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by Cayon(f): 4:59am On Dec 15, 2008
I feel sorry for the guy who threw the shoes - we may never hear from/about him again.  i wonder what's the penalty for throwing shoes (scratching my head) hope its not the equivalent to spitting in someones face.

Peace
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by SeanT21(f): 7:06am On Dec 15, 2008
LMAO!!

Bush better thank God that he did not get shot at!!

Anything could have happen!!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by shotster50(m): 7:30am On Dec 15, 2008
The fact that Condi Rice is his family friend doesnt really prove anything. Reason being that Condi herself is a White woman with a coloured skin,
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by congoshine(m): 7:32am On Dec 15, 2008
A-40:

I'm not a Bush fan,but I don't agree that he's racist,apart from Condi,the emergency plan for Africa & his record visits here,his pastor is black.

I agree with David,this journalist could not have contemplated this action during Sad mad man Hussein's era.

The shoe throwing leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and sorely embarrases the Iraqi Prime Minister.

Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by olanajim(m): 7:33am On Dec 15, 2008
I watched the video with compassion on Mr Bush. Honestly, in spite of his mistakes, Iraqi should be grateful to him for ending saddam's reign.

If Iraqis can't unite to form a unity govt after saddam is no more, then the blame is on them not bush.

Iraqis are obviously not prepared for Post Saddamic era, yet they were planning to oust saddam. Now that Saddam had been permanently removed, they are blaming their benefactor instead of rebuilding their land. They allowed al qaeda to turn their land to battlefield. I just pray they find a consensus candidate in their nexu election.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by scottN(m): 7:45am On Dec 15, 2008
That will definitely be an event to remember 4 a long time 2 come. I personally wouldn't blame anybody 4 doing that especially if he was an Iraqi. Look at what he has turned Iraqi to all in the name of Capitalism and Fight against Terrorism to the extent that every corner of the world is feeling the wrath of these terrorists. I'm not a Muslim though but I feel a bit sorry 4 the Muslims because one cannot differentiate btw Terrorists and true Muslims. Either ways nice retirement package for him.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by congoshine(m): 7:48am On Dec 15, 2008
scottN:

That will definitely be an event to remember 4 a long time 2 come. I personally wouldn't blame anybody 4 doing that especially if he was an Iraqi. Look at what he has turned Iraqi to all in the name of Capitalism and Fight against Terrorism to the extent that every corner of the world is feeling the wrath of these terrorists. I'm not a Muslim though but I feel a bit sorry for the Muslims because one cannot differentiate between Terrorists and true Muslims. Either ways nice retirement package for him.

I no dey o ! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by gamerod: 7:50am On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

Whether he is America's worst president is up for debate . . .

- If he didnt give two fcuks about blacks how come Condi Rice is a close family friend and his secretary of state?

- Seems this is more about mass hysteria than reality.

another very stupid thinking - so because Condi Rice is a family friend and secretary of state, then Bush has become the friend of blacks?

How old are you this guy?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by texazzpete(m): 8:04am On Dec 15, 2008
Tornadoz:

Killing civilians should be condemned by all but in the face of injustice doing nothing is not an option.
Sounds like you're in tacit sympathy with terrorism, mate.

Tornadoz:

Why are African leaders not supporting the removal of Mugabe? Why is it only western countries that are opposed to Mugabe? The racist annex in former Rhodesia had 90% of the land whilst the indigenous African population had none. Mugabe warned them in 1980 that he would take back the land and justifiably he did. He should be applauded by all Africans.

Yes, land redistribution was the way to go, but the ultimate agenda should have been to ensure that there's a smooth transition period, that his citizens have enough food to eat. Instead the wastepipe gave away the lands to his millitary cronies and thugs who know next to nothing about farming.
That's the reason why the bread basket of africa has turned into a wasteland.
Before you start applauding Mugabe try and put yourself in the shoes of the ordinary Zimbabwean who has little or no food to eat. People are starving and you are content simply because it fits your panafrican agenda.
There are at least 2 agriculture universities in Zimbabwe. I checked. These schools have been churning out graduates for many years. Would it have been so hard for Mugabe to give the lands to people who actually know how to farm?

Tornadoz:

In a nut shell Yes. The army went to Odi to install order but went beyond their remit.

Hmm. One analogy to your statement Could  be 'Bush sent soldiers to Iraq to 'restore democracy' but the situation deteriorated'

Tornadoz:

Ordinary Americans were the ones who voted in Bush twice. Am against the killing of civilians, but now and again you are bound to have these collaterals.
]

So it's okay that now and again there are 'collaterals' in America, but when there are 'collaterals' in Iraq you scream blue murder.
Collateral damage is damage to innocents caught in crossfire in a theatre of war. The World Trade Center victims were not in any theatre of war. Perhaps the Pentagon could be construed as a legitimate millitary target, but the WTC?

Tornadoz:

Eh,  maybe Arabs are the ones that live in the middle east where most of these international atrocities take place. They were probably tired of seeing stone throwing Palestinian children massacred by weapons paid for by Americans. The policy of grabbing other peoples land.

So do we take the russians to task for all killings done by AK-47s?
There's no reason why the Americans should not sell arms to Israel. Afterall, the Israelis are surrounded by hostile enemies who they frankly have no reason to trust.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by texazzpete(m): 8:09am On Dec 15, 2008
game_rod:

another very stupid thinking - so because Condi Rice is a family friend and secretary of state, then Bush has become the friend of blacks?

How old are you this guy?

Game_rod
How old are YOU?
And i think the 'stupid' adjective suits you more.

shotster50:

Reason being that Condi herself is a White woman with a coloured skin,

wait, what?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by mrmetoo1: 8:10am On Dec 15, 2008
WesleyanA:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. lol
but this is funny.  esp. the last line. I'm just picturing some Nigerian (most likely hausa or yoruba) dude throwing slippers on Bush's face.

I thought I was the only one that thought that guy's post was hella funny. I too couldn't tell if he was really being serious.

olanajim:

I watched the video with compassion on Mr Bush. Honestly, in spite of his mistakes, Iraqi should be grateful to him for ending saddam's reign.

If Iraqis can't unite to form a unity govt after saddam is no more, then the blame is on them not bush.

Iraqis are obviously not prepared for Post Saddamic era, yet they were planning to oust saddam. Now that Saddam had been permanently removed, they are blaming their benefactor instead of rebuilding their land. They allowed al qaeda to turn their land to battlefield. I just pray they find a consensus candidate in their nexu election.

Believe me displacing saddam, to me, wasn't worth what the Iraqis are going through right now. I actually don't Bush is a bad guy but it was a very poorly planned and executed war. Forget the death figures u see on tv, thousands and thousands of Iraqis have died and millions have been displaced due to this, not to talk about injuries, loss of livelihood and sanity. Imagine not being able to go to the market without being scared of being blown to pieces, imagine gun shots and explosions just rocking everywhere in the city u live in. I compare this to when Abacha was in power although I wanted then, for the US or one of these countries to just come and kill him but if what we see in Iraq would have been the result of that I would have preferred for Abacha to remain.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 8:15am On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:
Where was this hypocrite and his shoe when Saddam was in power?

ROFLMAO! grin grin

Nephew David, you go kill person with laugh o!

Make I laugh before I bash that idiot called Bush! grin

ROFLMAO! grin grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by congoshine(m): 8:17am On Dec 15, 2008
Tornadoz:

Why are African leaders not supporting the removal of Mugabe?
This is a genuine question for our inept African leaders.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 8:22am On Dec 15, 2008
davidylan:

Shotster . . . why did they wait until the americans removed saddam to hurl their shoes? This hypocrite was bold enough to hurl his shoe at Bush because he knows Bush comes from a country where freedom of expression is guaranteed. Saddam must have given plenty of media interviews during his time in power . . . was this journalist not wearing shoes all that time?

I've said it before, you should consider being a part-time comedian!

I'm still laughing. grin grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by texazzpete(m): 8:28am On Dec 15, 2008
Here's my take
Bush has proved himself to be an inept, bumbling president. He's gone down in history books as one of the lowest regarded US Presidents.

But i balk at labelling him a killer etc etc.

Either way, he's soon to be history.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 8:35am On Dec 15, 2008
Can someone agree with me that anybody who tries to link Saddam Hussein or Iraq with the September 11, 2001 attacks, is an infinite slowpoke?
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 8:45am On Dec 15, 2008
There were 15 Saudis among the 19 hijackers and zero (okolo, nought) Iraqis, yet the despicable Saudi government was shielded from the wrath of the American Killing Machines, and Iraq was turned to a theater of violence with hitherto unknown/uninvited guests, like Alqaeda, running the show and directing the scenes of unimaginable mayhem and gore!

History must never forget George W. Bush for his bottomless stupidity and boundless ignorance!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by landis(m): 8:51am On Dec 15, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Can someone agree with me that anybody who tries to link Saddam Hussein or Iraq with the September 11, 2001 attacks, is an infinity slowpoke?

YES. fully agreed.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 8:58am On Dec 15, 2008
landis:

YES. fully agreed.

Thanks!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 9:01am On Dec 15, 2008
[size=28pt]PLEASE MOVE TO FOREIGN AFFAIRS![/size]
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by chidichris(m): 9:39am On Dec 15, 2008
the growth and progress of nigerians and africans are in the hands of God.
we have refused to embrace the truth which is the only way out.
why is no one here talking about sending obj to hague for the killing of people of two different villages? why is no one talking about the day to day killings in zimbabwe? why are we not interested in the high rate of self inflicted poverty all over africa?
how mad is it that people have overlooked the death of 2975 innocent people on sept 11, 2001? why is no one after the death of innocent iraqis in the hands of sadam hussain? what about rwanda and brundi, liberia and siera leone?
weak minds discussing a great nation like america, the dream of everyother country.
if i have my way, i will do more than bush had done. what is the rationale behind 9/11? who are behind it? what about bali bombing? what about day to day bombing aimed at american interests before and after the bush administration. the world worshiped clinton bcs he always overlook the bombings but if we want to be realistic, till when and how long will that last?
the best form of defence is attack and we shld know that any govt that suffered such attack will be forced to react at least to defend the citizens that voted him into power.
who among us here is saying bush was surposed to fold his hands and wacth the americans die one after the other in the hands of those who call themselves terrorists?
india lost about 300 people in such attack a couple of weeks back and has responded immediately so also will every govt do and face the wrath of his own people.
if anyone is blaming bush over his response to the 9/11 then i pray that your family members become victims in the next attack so that we will see your own reaction to that.
the riots in the northern parts of the country continue claiming lives like the latest one in jos bcs no one is interested in finding solution and if we look back to the number lives lost so far in these madnesses, one will wonder if it is not better to take a lasting action and solve the problems once and for all.
nigerians and africans, our houses are in disarrays and shld be put in order before we do the magic of fixing america from this wonderful distance.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by akume(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2008
what do you expect from the iraqi people?the blood of the ophans,widows,widowers etc. grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by congoshine(m): 9:52am On Dec 15, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Can someone agree with me that anybody who tries to link Saddam Hussein or Iraq with the September 11, 2001 attacks, is an infinity slowpoke?

I'm sure you meant infinite tongue
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by scottN(m): 9:58am On Dec 15, 2008
chidichris:

the growth and progress of nigerians and africans are in the hands of God.
we have refused to embrace the truth which is the only way out.
why is no one here talking about sending obj to hague for the killing of people of two different villages? why is no one talking about the day to day killings in zimbabwe? why are we not interested in the high rate of self inflicted poverty all over africa?
how mad is it that people have overlooked the death of 2975 innocent people on sept 11, 2001? why is no one after the death of innocent iraqis in the hands of sadam hussain? what about rwanda and brundi, liberia and siera leone?
weak minds discussing a great nation like america, the dream of everyother country.
if i have my way, i will do more than bush had done. what is the rationale behind 9/11? who are behind it? what about bali bombing? what about day to day bombing aimed at american interests before and after the bush administration. the world worshiped clinton bcs he always overlook the bombings but if we want to be realistic, till when and how long will that last?
the best form of defence is attack and we shld know that any govt that suffered such attack will be forced to react at least to defend the citizens that voted him into power.
who among us here is saying bush was surposed to fold his hands and wacth the americans die one after the other in the hands of those who call themselves terrorists?
india lost about 300 people in such attack a couple of weeks back and has responded immediately so also will every govt do and face the wrath of his own people.
if anyone is blaming bush over his response to the 9/11 then i pray that your family members become victims in the next attack so that we will see your own reaction to that.
the riots in the northern parts of the country continue claiming lives like the latest one in jos bcs no one is interested in finding solution and if we look back to the number lives lost so far in these madnesses, one will wonder if it is not better to take a lasting action and solve the problems once and for all.
nigerians and africans, our houses are in disarrays and shld be put in order before we do the magic of fixing america from this wonderful distance.

You seem 2 b creating a blurred image here. All of the incidents u have mentioned above r unique in their own unique ways and I can't c any basis for comparison btw them. I'm not saying my house is a role model for world politics and neither is it an Utopian society but let's get the facts out. In any case
1. Do u really think Bush attacked Iraq because of 9/11 or for its interest in oil especially for a particular family legacy?
2. Are u really sure of the master minders of 9/11?
3. Do u think the state of Iraq is currently better or worse than before?
However, I personally I'm not in support of dictatorship and neither am I a fan of Husein but the intent of America's invasion is a point of controversy. As for the innocent souls in 9/11 May their souls rest in peace but direct the blame to the right quarters.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by texazzpete(m): 10:08am On Dec 15, 2008
RichyBlacK:

agreed.

RichyBlacK:

There were 15 Saudis among the 19 hijackers and zero (okolo, nought) Iraqis, yet the despicable Saudi government was shielded from the wrath of the American Killing Machines, and Iraq was turned to a theater of violence with hitherto unknown/uninvited guests, like Alqaeda, running the show and directing the scenes of unimaginable mayhem and gore!

History must never forget George W. Bush for his bottomless stupidity and boundless ignorance!

15 Saudis doesn't mean the Saudi government was involved or responsible. Afterall, bin Laden is a Saudi citizen. Should Saudi Arabia be held responsible for Al Qaeda's actions?

Not even Bush is stupid enough to invade the Islamic holy land.  grin
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by RichyBlacK(m): 10:13am On Dec 15, 2008
congoshine:

I'm sure you meant infinite  tongue

See your head! grin

Thanks, 'twas a typo!
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by chidichris(m): 10:14am On Dec 15, 2008

richyblack,
you sound like an insider. if history will not forget bush for his bottomless stupidity and boundless ignorance, what will history do to sadam for annexing kuwait? for his kindness and goodness to the people of iraq, kurdis in particular?

in your wisdom, what is the relationship and relevance of these terrorists been from a particular country and having another country as a safe heaven?
why did nigeria give away charles taylor when he was needed by world court?

if i may ask you, how many iraqis lost their lives in the hands of sadam starting from iraq/iran war till the evassion of iraq?

if you have your ways, how many years is ideal for a particular man to rule a country?

how do you look at such presidents as castro of cuba, mugabe of zimbabwe, abacha of nigeria, sadam of iraq, iyadima of togo and their likes?

do u think the world will be good with such men who sees the seat of president as their family business?

how do u feel in a nigeria where obj no matter how bad or good he was at the end of the day handed over to another president? how do u feel in a nigeria where people come out on televission to say, mr.president is wrong on this and could have done things this way?

how do you feel if u know u are free?

what do u think about a pupil who in their whole live never testd freedom?

can u imagine an america with bush as president, electing someone from a different party and racial background?

no matter what u or anyother one has to say, i know u will never work towards providing answers to these few questions but have it at the back of your mind that america till tomorrow remains the pace setters and the dream of every country.
Re: An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush by kevd2: 10:14am On Dec 15, 2008
T-shirt for Bush:

"I Liberated Iraq and all I got were Two Shoes"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

President Mahama's Daughter's Letter Comforting Him For Losing / 119-yr-old Johanna Mazibuko Is World's Oldest Person, Living In South Africa / Gunmen Storm Ecuador Television Studio Amid State Of Emergency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.