Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest (2202 Views)

Tribunal Nullifies Election Of PDP Rep For Lack Of Educational Qualification / Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 / How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 6:22am On Jan 04, 2015
In view of so much interest shown in the
non-presentation of the Certificates of
Buhari, APC Presidential candidate to
INEC, much interest has been shown in
determining whether he has met the
Constitution's education qualification. As a
member of the APC screening Committee, i
can affirm unequivocally that Gen. Buhari met
the education qualification prescribed by the
constitution.
General M. Buhari joined the Nigerian Army
in 1962, attended military training before
proceeding to Officers Cadets Training at
Mons Officer Cadet School, Aldershot, UK. In
1963 he was commissioned 2nd Lieutenant
and appointed Platoon Commander 2nd
Infantry Battalion, Abeokuta. During this
same period he attended the Platoon
Commander's Course at the Nigerian Military
College, Kaduna.He later also attended
Mechanical Transport Officers Course at the
Army Mechanical Transport School,Borden,
UK. General Buhari attended the Defence
Services Staff College, Wellington, India in
1973 and from 1979 to 1980 as a Colonel, he
attended the U.S. Army War College in
Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 6:23am On Jan 04, 2015
Still the question remains, has General Buhari
without presenting especially his school
certificate or its equivalent met the education
precondition set for Presidential Candidates
in the Constitution?
To begin with, the Constitution does not
prescribe the presentation or show of any
Certificate to qualify for election to the office
of President. Under section 131(d) of our
Military Constitution, a person shall be
qualified for election to the office of President
if "he has been educated up to at least
School Certificate level or its equivalent."
While a Certificate may unequivocably show
that a contestant has been educated up to at
least School Certificate level, his education
without a Certificate may show, again
unequivocably that he has been educated up
to the equivalent of School Certificate level.
For example, assuming A is the best all A
student in Ajuwa Grammar School, Okeagbe,
Akoko. Now on the very day before the
commencement of the West African School
Certificate, he sexually harrassed the
daughter of the English teacher as a result of
which he was dismissed, will A be said not to
have met the education qualification of
section 131(d) of the Constitution?
Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Nobody: 6:24am On Jan 04, 2015
Mumu we no need stories. Just ask your Oga to present his certificates!!! Is that too much to ask?

10 Likes

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 6:24am On Jan 04, 2015
In my view A has not only been educated up
to at least School Certificate level he would
also be deemed to have been educated to its
equivalent. This position finds support in
section 131(d) which neither prescribed a
pass which is required for certification nor a
fail which denies it. The interest of the
Constitution is with the level of the education
of the candidate howsoever acquired, not the
certificate he aquires ipso facto.
The APC screening Committee was made up
of several eminent highly educated and
enlightened men and one Woman.They came
to the conclusion after putting APC
presidential aspirants through a most
rigorous test that all the APC aspirants met
the constitutional qualifications including
education qualification to contest for election
to the office of President. They confirm this
by awarding them a certificate. The
qualification set by the Constitution for
contest is the level of education not its
certificate. While a certificate may irrevocably
prove that the education qualification has
been met, it could in the same manner prove
rebut ably only that it has been met. Where
for example a Certificate has been purchased
for example in "oluwole" as it has happened
in several instances, a candidate though in
possession of a certificate cannot be said to
have met the education qualification of the
Constitution because he has not been
educated not to talk of up to school
certificate level.
Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Nobody: 6:26am On Jan 04, 2015
Buhari is also guilty of perjury and forgery!!!! He will not only be disqualified but also prosecuted

3 Likes

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 6:26am On Jan 04, 2015
With reference to General Buhari having
regard to his unimpeachable military training,
an irrefutable presumption was properly made
by the APC screening Committee that he met
the education qualification set by the
Constitution. Those who contest this or who
intend to contest that he met the education
qualification of section 131(d) have the
burden to disprove the irrefutable
presumption not General Buhari.

by Tunji Abayomi
source: http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/03/how-apc-screened-buhari-and-educational-qualification-presidential-contest-tunji-abayomi
Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by tit(f): 6:27am On Jan 04, 2015
Mayour,
so you are saying the GMB does not have school certificate?

I have heard he is the best student ever to have attended the US War College.
This college awards academic Masters degrees in Strategic Studies.
May the good general furnish INEC and the general public with a copy of his Masters degree!

4 Likes

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 6:27am On Jan 04, 2015
chukwudi44:
Buhari is also guilty of perjury and forgery!!!! He will not only be disqualified but also prosecuted

But do you think they can do that in Nigeria?
Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 04, 2015
How on earth can one be educated to a school certificate level without a certificate? Imagine the kind of people who wants to rule us

2 Likes

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 6:28am On Jan 04, 2015
tit:
Mayour,
so you are saying the GMB does not have school certificate?

Am not the one that said it o, the source is there
http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/03/how-apc-screened-buhari-and-educational-qualification-presidential-contest-tunji-abayomi

1 Like

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Nobody: 6:29am On Jan 04, 2015
Mayour11:

But do you think they can do that in Nigeria?
Oh you think he is above the law?

Before you threaten violence just know that no one has a monopoly over violence? If Buhari does not provide his certificates, he will be disqualified!!!
The law must take its course

1 Like

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by tit(f): 6:30am On Jan 04, 2015
Mayour11:

Am not the one that said it o, the source is there
http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/03/how-apc-screened-buhari-and-educational-qualification-presidential-contest-tunji-abayomi

Thanks my sister!
The spin doctors are getting into a frenzy on this issue.
Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 6:32am On Jan 04, 2015
chukwudi44:
How on earth can one be educated to a school certificate level without a certificate? Imagine the kind of people who wants to rule us
The military said the copies of his certificate is with them, but I ezpect him to state it in the affidavit that he cannot find the originals, but that he has the copies of it with the military.
Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by BrokenTV: 6:36am On Jan 04, 2015
Mayour11:
In my view A has not only been educated up
to at least School Certificate level he would
also be deemed to have been educated to its
equivalent. This position finds support in
section 131(d) which neither prescribed a
pass which is required for certification nor a
fail which denies it. The interest of the
Constitution is with the level of the education
of the candidate howsoever acquired, not the
certificate he aquires ipso facto.
The APC screening Committee was made up
of several eminent highly educated and
enlightened men and one Woman.They came
to the conclusion after putting APC
presidential aspirants through a most
rigorous test that all the APC aspirants met
the constitutional qualifications including
education qualification to contest for election
to the office of President. They confirm this
by awarding them a certificate. The
qualification set by the Constitution for
contest is the level of education not its
certificate. While a certificate may irrevocably
prove that the education qualification has
been met, it could in the same manner prove
rebut ably only that it has been met. Where
for example a Certificate has been purchased
for example in "oluwole" as it has happened
in several instances, a candidate though in
possession of a certificate cannot be said to
have met the education qualification of the
Constitution because he has not been
educated not to talk of up to school
certificate level.
Is this Buhari certificate.

3 Likes

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 6:36am On Jan 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

Oh you think he is above the law?
The law must take its course

It's true but rule of law is no more respected in this country, it is in this same country that we celebrate someone that steals billions of naira, while we sentence someone that steals something less that 50 thousand to death. Has the law taken its course in such situation.
My brother, may God save us in this nation Nigeria.
Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by tit(f): 6:38am On Jan 04, 2015
Mayour11:

The military said the copies of his certificate is with them, but I ezpect him to state it in the affidavit that he cannot find the originals, but that he has the copies of it with the military.

the only things there are his platoon leader course badge, etc.
no london GCE, no BSc, no Msc.
i have copies of london GCE, so if they forge one,
they will be going down.

2 Likes

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 04, 2015
Mayour11:

I think Buhari forged the credentials with which he enlisted into the Nigerian army. He does not need the original certificates to prove case. All he is supposed to do is to send his examination no to waec for authentication.

He should not only be disqualified but also prosecuted and stripped of his ranks

1 Like

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 6:42am On Jan 04, 2015
BrokenTV:

Is this Buhari certificate.
I think am getting a point in that, maybe all the result been posted is true. Because according to the post, it seems the result is not too okay and presentable.
Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by onyenro(m): 6:43am On Jan 04, 2015
In as much as I await buhari to clear this mess, I disagree with the op. in law, it's a known principle that you cannot put something on nothing. without the basic, you cannot attain the desired. without school cert, you can't go ahead to obtain an msc

2 Likes

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 04, 2015
Mayour11:

I think am getting a point in that, maybe all the result been posted is true. Because according to the post, it seems the result is not too okay and presentable.

Buhari does not need to present his results to the public. Just send it to INEC shikena

2 Likes

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by brutef0rce101: 6:44am On Jan 04, 2015
[quote author=chukwudi44 post=29471744]Buhari is also guilty of perjury and forgery!!!! He will not only be disqualified but also prosecuted[/quote

Old man, when will you get sense?
Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:46am On Jan 04, 2015
STORY FOR THE gODS
Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 6:46am On Jan 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

Buhari does not need to present his results to the public. Just send it to INEC shikena

You know once it gets to INEC, it will get to public

1 Like

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 04, 2015
Buhari should do the needful,let him present the certificate required..

This isn't too much to ask for someone planning to rule us.

2 Likes

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 6:51am On Jan 04, 2015
onyenro:
In as much as I await buhari to clear this mess, I disagree with the op. in law, it's a known principle that you cannot put something on nothing. without the basic, you cannot attain the desired. without school cert, you can't go ahead to obtain an msc

Yes, it's true but they are saying that they want him to present it. You know this is a whole nation where we have people in distinct sectors and who will see things in a different way, law may look at it in that perspective while philosophy may have a different viewpoint, that is why it is always necessary to fulfill all righteousness, by providing the results.

2 Likes

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 6:52am On Jan 04, 2015
Yomieluv:
This isn't too much to ask for someone planning to rule us.

You hit the nail on the head

1 Like

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Nobody: 7:01am On Jan 04, 2015
[quote author=brutef0rce101 post=29472003][/quote]

Buhari lied under oath that hide certificates are with the army which turns out to be false. He obviously forged the credentials with which he enlisted into the Nigerian army

1 Like

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Collynzo9: 7:03am On Jan 04, 2015
What a shameful analogy.
Anyway if you attended to secondary school up to the final day but missed the final exams because you were expelled or whatever, you have nothing to show for your effort until you take that exam and get the certificate.
For someone who just wants to learn how to read and write for his own personal uses, he might not bother taking the exam, but someone who hopes to be employed where the certificate must be presented as evidence, he has no choice but to get that certificate.
Buhari falls into the second category.
He should have take last year's SSCE.

1 Like

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 7:04am On Jan 04, 2015
chukwudi44:

He obviously forged the credentials with which he enlisted into the Nigerian army

This is so funny. Nigeria: good people, great nation.

1 Like

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by brutef0rce101: 7:05am On Jan 04, 2015
[s]
chukwudi44:

Buhari lied under oath that hide certificates are with the army which turns out to be false. He obviously forged the credentials with which he enlisted into the Nigerian army
[/s]

Shut up. Let the army spokesman confirm it. Same way you said tambuwal will be in jail last year, you just talk nonsense whenever you are drunk. Make we hear word jare old pa

1 Like

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Collynzo9: 7:07am On Jan 04, 2015
Mayour11:

Yes, it's true but they are saying that they want him to present it. You know this is a whole nation where we have people in distinct sectors and who will see things in a different way, law may look at it in that perspective while philosophy may have a different viewpoint, that is why it is always necessary to fulfill all righteousness, by providing the results.
The simple truth is that there is no way you can show that you have been educated up to school certificate level without a certificate.
It is that simple, no amount of logic can turn it around.

1 Like

Re: How APC Screened Buhari And Educational Qualification For Presidential Contest by Mayour11(m): 7:09am On Jan 04, 2015
Collynzo9:
What a shameful analogy.
Anyway if you attended to secondary school up to the final day but missed the final exams because you were expelled or whatever, you have nothing to show for your effort until you take that exam and get the certificate.
For someone who just wants to learn how to read and write for his own personal uses, he might not bother taking the exam, but someone who hopes to be employed where the certificate must be presented as evidence, he has no choice but to get that certificate.
Buhari falls into the second category.
He should have take last year's SSCE.

I wonder o, the man is a comedian. Let's be practical, assuming he has a school, and I come to him that I want to be teaching in his school, that i have the minimum requirement to be a teacher, but I cannot present it, because it is with my previous employer. Can he accept me with that analogy. When I have nothing to show for it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

IBB Blast Jonathan Despite GEJ Referring To Him As "My Father" - Cramjones / Breaking: 'hundreds" Of Terrorists Killed In Konduga / How The Holy Spririt Rejected Jonathan - Fr Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.