Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Benue: ‘why PDP Chose Ex-okada Rider As Guber Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue: ‘why PDP Chose Ex-okada Rider As Guber Candidate (1039 Views)

Why PDP lost 2015 election and the necessity for an Online Directorate / Benue: Why I Accepted Suswan's Suv's Gift- Ortom / My Distasteful Experience With Nyesom Wike (PDP Rivers Guber Candidate)- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benue: ‘why PDP Chose Ex-okada Rider As Guber Candidate by waleadex(m): 6:45am On Jan 04, 2015
Chief Mathias Byuan, a party chieftain in Makurdi, has debunked a prevailing notion in Benue State alleging discontent among party faithful of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, after its governorship primary. The chieftain of the PDP insists that such reports bear no iota of truth.

Chief Byuan made this at the weekend in Makurdi the Benue state capital, adding that the choice of the party’s governorship candidate Rt. Hon. Terhemen Tarzoor as the party’s standard bearer in the forthcoming polls is the consensus agreement of all the stakeholders in the state.

Byuan a close ally of Governor Gabriel Suswam, in a chat with Sunday Mirror, disclosed that the mudslinging in some quarters against the candidature of the party candidate in the February polls is just borne out of envy by some persons who felt the party’s candidate is too young to be elevated to that exalted office.

He further emphasized that power belong to God. He recalled that several years ago the governorship candidate was an Okadaman (commercial motor cyclist. But due to his dint of hard work and quest for knowledge, Terzoor used the proceeds from this venture to enhance his education and furthered his studies at the Benue state University, BS, where he obtained several degrees.

“I was, at that time, chairman of the motorcyclist association. I am impressed with the determination of this young man and we are optimistic that if he eventually clinches the plum job the fortunes of Benue will turn for the better.”

He further argued that contrary to what people are saying of sharp division among the aspirants leading to disaffection cannot be true.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/benue-why-pdp-chose-ex-okada-rider-as-guber-candidate/
Re: Benue: ‘why PDP Chose Ex-okada Rider As Guber Candidate by mazzi: 9:25am On Jan 04, 2015
From okada riding to a governor of a state!from grass to grace.

2 Likes

Re: Benue: ‘why PDP Chose Ex-okada Rider As Guber Candidate by Scream(m): 3:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
When did riding of bike for income become a criminal offence?! What happened to the 'dignity in labour'?

Is it better to be led by coup plotters, treasury looter, drug dealers, etc?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Will Defeat Opposition In The General Election, Says Jang / I’ve Fulfilled All My Promises –jonathan / Newspaper Headline: Amaechi Fingers Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.