Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,722 members, 7,834,403 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka (1579 Views)

Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Nigerian Military Plans To Establish Interim Government- Prof. Wole Soyinka / “I Strongly Believe That GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change” – Prof. Wole Soyinka Endors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by FreddywellsNGN(m): 10:09am On Jan 04, 2015
There is something significant about President Jonathan.He is the first president without any ties to the military mafia.All his children school in Nigeria...No skyscrapper in the corners of Nigeria belongs to him, even a seven storey building.

If we cannot find a better,young alternative , then we must remain with him until we can groom someone better.
Dont be deceived! Vote smart! Vote GEJ

These were the words of the Prof. Nairalanders, what do you think about this?

7 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by klodike(m): 10:15am On Jan 04, 2015
Of course that has been my view. Me and my family grin

8 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by FreddywellsNGN(m): 10:19am On Jan 04, 2015
...some people 's comments suggest that the Prof. before now criticises GEJ's administration , and that why the sudden change.
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by midolian(m): 10:20am On Jan 04, 2015
Prof knws nothing buh literature..and the source?

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by senaro(m): 10:22am On Jan 04, 2015
Story story.......weather u like it or not change is constant n we. Are Ever ready to vote corruption is nt stealing nd Insecurity government out office come feb 14
GMB eleniyan Osibanjo eleniyan

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by chamboy(m): 10:28am On Jan 04, 2015
Awon Oniranu

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by Welrez(m): 10:31am On Jan 04, 2015
I'm still left to wonder why the APC jettisoned bright young minds like Fashola, Kwakwanso, Adam Oshiomole, etc to choose an old man. What worries me more about GMB is not even his age but the age of his ideas; e.g, I will stabilise oil price.

6 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by FreddywellsNGN(m): 10:32am On Jan 04, 2015
midolian:

yaf very funny..well then, maybe his recent literature is based on based on this subject matter and the source , his observation.

he may be right , afterall.
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 04, 2015
midolian:
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by chemali: 10:34am On Jan 04, 2015
These are not the words of the Wole Soyinka. In case you are suffering from amnesia, let me remind you his words:
Nothing is more unworthy of leadership than to degrade the system by which one attains fulfilment, and this is what the nation has witnessed time and time again in various parts of the nation, the recent affront against the legislative chamber being only the most blatant and unconscionable,

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by larrymoore(m): 10:35am On Jan 04, 2015
Campaign!
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by FreddywellsNGN(m): 10:36am On Jan 04, 2015
Welrez:
I'm still left to wonder why the APC jettisoned bright young minds like Fashola, Kwakwanso, Adam Oshomiole, etc to choose an old man. What worries me more about GMB is not even his age but the age of his ideas, e.g, I will stabilise oil price.

...that is the Prof's basis for argument, i presume.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by appini: 10:37am On Jan 04, 2015
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going, but Buhari and his associates only presented themselves as magicians to the electorates to solve Nigeria's common challenges.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by FreddywellsNGN(m): 10:49am On Jan 04, 2015
appini:
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going, but Buhari and his associates only presented themselves as magicians to the electorates to solve Nigeria's common challenges.

well said. few months ago, the prof. said corruption and impunity is very rampant in GEJ's administration compared to others who have been there before ...The question is : why the recommendation now?
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by klodike(m): 10:56am On Jan 04, 2015
But u can vote he who said Abacha never stole. Nice!!!!
senaro:
Story story.......weather u like it or not change is constant n we. Are Ever ready to vote corruption is nt stealing nd Insecurity government out office come feb 14
GMB eleniyan Osibanjo eleniyan

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 04, 2015
Your SOURCE?
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by klodike(m): 10:57am On Jan 04, 2015
Well said
Welrez:
I'm still left to wonder why the APC jettisoned bright young minds like Fashola, Kwakwanso, Adam Oshiomole, etc to choose an old man. What worries me more about GMB is not even his age but the age of his ideas, e.g, I will stabilise oil price.
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 04, 2015
Na lie... Even PEJ english is identifiable wen u read or hear it... Na prof. Krikum krakum wan come dey talk like big mouthed okupe...mchwwww. OP, if u're trying to spoil prof name ehn, na all d wahala wey the baba do to maintain that hair u go do to get another MB for ur fone...angry

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by nigerianvenom(m): 11:43am On Jan 04, 2015
even tinubu can never vote for buhari
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by ItsMeAboki(m): 12:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
@OP:
You lied, this is what he had to about Jonathan:

Professor Wole Soyinka has said:
“Only four sets of people can vote and support Goodluck Jonathan
1. Those who are intellectually blind.
2. Those who are blinded by ethnicity.
3. Those who are blinded by corruption and therefore afraid of the unknown, should power change hands.
4. Those who are suffering from a combination of all of the above terminal sicknesses.”

And he further added this concerning Jonathan on his wife PEJ.

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by Kenai: 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
Welrez:
I'm still left to wonder why the APC jettisoned bright young minds like Fashola, Kwakwanso, Adam Oshiomole, etc to choose an old man. What worries me more about GMB is not even his age but the age of his ideas; e.g, I will stabilise oil price.

To the APC, all that matters is "numbers".
They saw in Buhari, neither wisdom nor intellect, but "12 million automatic votes from the North"

"Politics is a game of numbers" is a popular phrase they emulate both in their words and actions. That's why a rotten, expired political corpse like Timipre Silva is considered a "progressive" today because he's in APC. It's why a PDP governorship aspirant can decamp from PDP to APC, and in less than 24 hours, become the flagbearer. It is why a party like APC can accuse PDP of bringing "16 years of failure" to Nigerians, yet run to seek advice from "navigator" Obasanjo, a man who was in charge during 8 of those 16 years. Ain't it funny?

APC, as a party, reeks of demon feces. The foul stench of a puss-filled sore on the anuss of integrity.

That is all they are.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by FreddywellsNGN(m): 12:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
ItsMeAboki:
@OP:
You lied, this is what he had to about Jonathan:

Professor Wole Soyinka has said:
“Only four sets of people can vote and support Goodluck Jonathan
1. Those who are intellectually blind.
2. Those who are blinded by ethnicity.
3. Those who are blinded by corruption and therefore afraid of the unknown, should
power change hands.
4. Those who are suffering from a combination of all of the above terminal sicknesses

And he further added this concerning Jonathan on his wife PEJ.

...it was shared on facebook page .Source: Team PDP Community .Besides,someone's opinion or belief may differ at one point in time or another...nothing may be SACROSANCT!Moreso, you are lying ,where is your own source too?
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by FreddywellsNGN(m): 12:54pm On Jan 04, 2015
mod, FP things jawe
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:08pm On Jan 04, 2015
Kenai:

They saw in Buhari, neither wisdom nor intellect, but "12 million automatic votes from the North"

"Politics is a game of numbers" is a popular phrase they emulate both in their words and actions. That's why a rotten, expired political corpse like Timipre Silva is considered a "progressive" today because he's in APC. It's why a PDP governorship aspirant can decamp from PDP to APC, and in less than 24 hours, become the flagbearer. It is why a party like APC can accuse PDP of bringing "16 years of failure" to Nigerians, yet run to seek advice from "navigator" Obasanjo, a man who was in charge during 8 of those 16 years. Ain't it funny?

APC, as a party, reeks of demon feces. The foul stench of a puss-filled sore on the anuss of integrity.

That is all they are.

Yes, politics is a game of numbers; if it wasn't PDP wouldn't dishonestly insist on making 15 a majority over 19 during the governors forum election.
As for the navigator i.e. OBJ, well if he wasn't relevant the Clueless one wouldn't have sent the his party chairman (or something like that) along with some of his governors to prostrate flat on the floor begging for forgiveness and support.

Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by kendrick9(m): 1:14pm On Jan 04, 2015
The prof has spoken.
#Gejtill2019
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by PassingShot(m): 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
FreddywellsNGN:

well said. few months ago, the prof. said corruption and impunity is very rampant in GEJ's administration compared to others who have been there before ...The question is : why the recommendation now?

Wole Soyinka has not recommended anyone. PDP and their e-rats are best ignored most of the times. The statements by OP can better be put together by a Grade 6 student and far from how Prof. Soyinka will deliver any message.
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by Reptyle(m): 1:16pm On Jan 04, 2015
@OP

It is a bit naive to believe a quote you saw on the PDP's fan page on Facebook.

For your information, WS never issued that speech.
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by SeverusSnape(m): 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
Kenai:

That is all they are.
Damn!!!...You took all these words outta my Mouth. You the man!
Re: GEJ Is A Phenomenal Change From Before- Prof. Wole Soyinka by appini: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
FreddywellsNGN:

Nice one! I want to also believe the professor was seeing the workings of the federal government from outside when he made those assertions against the government.

Haven't said that, can Buhari be an alternative to GEJ in a free and democratic society like Nigeria of today?

My answer is a total NO

(1) (Reply)

The Newspaper Headlines After The Presidential Election On February 14th, 2015 / Padlock Your Fuel Tank / ONLINE POLL For Senate Presidency : Saraki Vs Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.