Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church (48290 Views)

Pictures Of Children With PVC In The North Registered By INEC / Under Aged Children Collecting PVC In The North / Should INEC Postpone The Election To Allow More People Collect Their PVC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by raumdeuter: 2:50pm On Jan 05, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

WOW. I never realised the yanks were THAT screwed up! Thank God Europe is more civilized than that and understands bot Religion and Politics better and why they MUST stay apart in a proper society!

Thanks for the info!

Nigerian democracy is modelled after the American type

And I think the church owes the society a responsibility to remind the members of their civic rights. The church caters to your spiritual well being as well as your physical

Thats why we all take our personal struggles to our pastors for advice.

If you would take your marital problems to your pastor shouldnt the pastor now ensure proper counselling is done prior to marriage to ensure the intending couples know what it entails?

If you dont vote at all and a wrong leader is voted in for you, It affects you directly shouldnt the church care about this also?. The type of political leaders you choose determine the type of society you live, whether your personal beliefs would be upheld or not. If corruption would be allowed to thrive, If weed would be sold in your childrens school or not, if your childrens teachers would be allowed to carry firearms etc

What the RCCG did was to sensitize the members to their civic duties, bring your voters card and go vote for a candidate of your choice. I dont see how this is wrong. Its the same thing any well meaning leader would tell his followers.

Christians dont participate in elections which is why some of these useless leaders get into power.

Dont let others decide your destiny and those of your children for you

If Reverend Martin Luther King didnt get involved in civil rights, chances are that many black people including his own congregation would still be subjected to segregation till today

1 Like

Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by TOPMAN4LIFE: 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
Djicemob:
Its actually tactical politics.How come its only when osibanjo is selected as a vp aspirant that RCCG is now interested in politics and PVSs? #Bros we know
I am a worker in Redeem church & Yoruba
Pastor Adeboye has started telling us to collect our PVC long b4 Osinbajo was selected
I think d reason is many xtians today r too spiritual dt they don't bother about how leaders get into office & they wil later b complaining to God about bad leaders.
Pastor Adeboye wants xtians to partake in voting dr leaders to avoid blamin others
He doesn't force us to vote for anyone
Notwithstanding my vote goes to GEJ
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by Bolade005: 3:54pm On Jan 05, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Thy can preach on moral and ethical terms as it relate to their own religious viewpoint but that is not the topic/issue here.

This Church seems to be asking members to produce documentation. The correct answer is Mind your own business! Do they not trust their flock to follow their advice?

Church and State are separate CONSTITUTIONALLY in civilized countries for a REASON!

Okay
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by Shawl001(m): 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2015
TOPMAN4LIFE:

I am a worker in Redeem church & Yoruba
Pastor Adeboye has started telling us to collect our PVC long b4 Osinbajo was selected
I think d reason is many xtians today r too spiritual dt they don't bother about how leaders get into office & they wil later b complaining to God about bad leaders.
Pastor Adeboye wants xtians to partake in voting dr leaders to avoid blamin others
He doesn't force us to vote for anyone
Notwithstanding my vote goes to GEJ
. Abi oooo...instead ova sabi sabi..na ova spirituality D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ kill us. Things that are normal and ethical has been dabbled into spirituality...instead øƒ we taking those *matters* into the spiritual realm through prayers and fasting and making them a reality, we bring *spirituality* into dem, dereby making us neglect our duties as citizens. #May God open our eyes to see these truths oo#
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
raumdeuter:

Nigerian democracy is modelled after the American type

And I think the church owes the society a responsibility to remind the members of their civic rights. The church caters to your spiritual well being as well as your physical

Thats why we all take our personal struggles to our pastors for advice.

If you would take your marital problems to your pastor shouldnt the pastor now ensure proper counselling is done prior to marriage to ensure the intending couples know what it entails?

If you dont vote at all and a wrong leader is voted in for you, It affects you directly shouldnt the church care about this also?. The type of political leaders you choose determine the type of society you live, whether your personal beliefs would be upheld or not. If corruption would be allowed to thrive, If weed would be sold in your childrens school or not, if your childrens teachers would be allowed to carry firearms etc

What the RCCG did was to sensitize the members to their civic duties, bring your voters card and go vote for a candidate of your choice. I dont see how this is wrong. Its the same thing any well meaning leader would tell his followers.

Christians dont participate in elections which is why some of these useless leaders get into power.

Dont let others decide your destiny and those of your children for you

If Reverend Martin Luther King didnt get involved in civil rights, chances are that many black people including his own congregation would still be subjected to segregation till today

This is not about the Church's right to preach on moral issues! It is about them asking to see private papers from members of their congregation? Disgraceful!

They can advise members to vote as their conscience dictates but have no right to ask to see those papers.

From your comments do I presume that the other posters comments about HAVING to produce them before (not sure what) did not happen? I genuinely have no idea?
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by raumdeuter: 4:58pm On Jan 05, 2015
[size=16pt]Election and Political Campaigns[/size]
The IRS code is far more restrictive on churches and other nonprofit organizations in election activities. Partisan activity is prohibited completely, including engaging in any activity in support of or opposition to any candidate for political office or involvement in the political campaign of a candidate. However, some nonpartisan activity, particularly voter registration and voter education, is allowed.

Not only can you register voters at your church, you are free to endorse and distribute to all your church members nonpartisan voter guides that do not endorse candidates, but provide all candidates with an opportunity to answer questions on a variety of issues. There is no legal restriction whatsoever on the ability of churches to register voters or provide them candidate survey information – in other words, funds and time spent on these activities are not counted toward the 5 percent limitation discussed above. No limitations are placed on church members, including pastors, when acting as private individuals and not on behalf of the church, as long as no church facilities or resources are used.

[size=16pt]The Unique Voice of Pastors[/size]
Pastors have every right to speak out on the moral and political issues of our time. As discussed above, pastors can encourage their churches to be involved in the policy making process, even to the extent of specifically mentioning issues or pending bills. When it comes to political campaigns, pastors should make it clear that their church does not endorse specific candidates for office. As individuals, pastors are free to endorse, support, and donate money to political candidates.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by oluwabamis(m): 5:33pm On Jan 05, 2015
eighTHREAD:
The RCCG that endorsed GEJ in the past are now plotting against him. Politics of religion and ethnicity including name callings like "boko haram Sponsor" are no longer working for the otuoke master, it's certificate issue he and his minions are relying on now.

And Unfortunately GEJ and followers are loosing the battle like yesterday.
Some are even muttering splitting the country. Shame on all unptriotic Nigerians, may U all suffer political. Defeat next month. Amen
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by usibengate(m): 9:49pm On Jan 05, 2015
Laudable development
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by Nuezha(m): 4:11am On Jan 06, 2015
DancingSkeleton:
shame angry

no wonder Satan RULES

the house of God has be turned upside down embarassed

quote me and d!e before FEBRUARY 1st

FTC tho cool

Even if you are the son of "Ogunjimi" and "Ayamatanga", and "Fadeyi Oloro" is your fortifier, it means nothing to me. Where did you come from?

Very truly, christians don't vote and this is what the man of God is all out to discourage, all they do best is character assassination and name-calling.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by DancingSkeleton(m): 5:43am On Jan 06, 2015
Nuezha:

Even if you are the son of "Ogunjimi" and "Ayamatanga", and "Fadeyi Oloro" is your fortifier, it means nothing to me. Where did you come from?

Very truly, christians don't vote and this is what the man of God is all out to discourage, all they do best is character assassination and name-calling.
so what's ur point
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by Nuezha(m): 7:29am On Jan 06, 2015
DancingSkeleton:
so what's ur point

Mute & visually impaired person's question.
Re: Photos: RCCG Members Asked To Show Their PVC In Church by jamace(m): 6:26am On Jan 07, 2015
In deed, the political church of God. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kuje Prison Inmates Jubilates As Badeh Joins Them, Rejects Foods / Dino Melaye And His Sons Rock Agbada (Photo) / Saraki Sends Dino Melaye Back To His Seat At The Senate (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.