Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today (38121 Views)

Fani-Kayode: "Jimoh Ibrahim Is The Biggest Judas In Nigerian Politics Today" / Video: Rotimi Amaechi's Interview On Channels Tv's Politics Today Programme / Rotimi Amaechi And Fani-Kayode On Politics Today On Channels TV. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 04, 2015
uokocha70:

I watched it too, the guy is actually brilliant and impressive.

Pls tell me what he said
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
NgeneUkwenu Berem Obiagelli

Post YouTube
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by londoner: 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2015
I did not watch it, but it's good that people are impresed with Osibanjo by what he said, but if he is so brilliant and with other minds like him in APC, why are they not presidential candidates? We all know how little the vice president gets to do in Nigeria. The tune danced to is the one dictated to by the president not the vice.

We all know this.

Instead of using this man to argue against GEJ, APC suppporters should be lobbying their party to replace Buhari with Osibanjo imho.

You may say he is better than GEJ, but maybe he is also better than Buhari so why stand by while this great mind as you say plays second fiddle?

I still dont understand why when you have people like Fashola and co, they were overlooked for Buhari.
It makes no sense to me.

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by emmykk(m): 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
In Nigeria People call Cow uncle! because they want to eat kpomo.
What is in buhari that people are supporting,a dictator that overthroned elected govt,which later saw nigeria producing series of dictators that dragged nigeria backward?if it were fashola that is contestesting we can say ok.but is 72yrs buhari without certificate.

Whatever positive change wand buhari has let him advice the govt and go and sit down in daura.

If jonathan don't win that lagos i will researched what cause it.

If APC had present sanusi lamido sanusi ex-cbn govenor or aliko dangote,i will say there is a fight.

PDP will just use buhari to drink garri again and heaven will not fall.

Whoever deceived any1 here that buhari will win a sitting president in africa is joking.

Buhari can not defeat PDP.

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Pauljonnes(m): 10:20pm On Jan 04, 2015
azimibraun:
Brilliant Man o! This Man knows. What he is talking about.
. IS OSINBANJO OUR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE ? SOMEONE CAN BE BRILLIANT ON PAPER AND DULL IN THE PRACTICAL , I CANT STILL TRUST THIS PEOPLE WITH POWER[color=#000099][/color]

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by delpharm(m): 10:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
Read a lot about this Osibanjo of a man.. He delivered a tactical and straightforward answers to most of the questions asked, his campaign so far has been strategic making most of the youth and the 'Street' by involving Olamide. His intentions are clear.. The way forward.. BUT I still don't trust GMB due to his previous controversial actions and he is not getting younger.. APC or ACP would shld hv provided another candidate instead of GMB IMO but it seems too late so I will stick to my man GEJ till 19

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by philips70(m): 10:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
jbaby265:
ok now i get it..osibanjo is good to go but i'm actually scared of buhari

dnt know why

Don't be scared of him. He is just a very principled man. The kind of father stubborn children say is a very wicked father. You know what I mean?

13 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by citizenY(m): 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

Make I see YouTube

Collect Buhari's cerificate first
.... stay on this post and develop bp.

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by ocelot2006(m): 10:24pm On Jan 04, 2015
I'll keep saying this: a considerable number of Nigerians are easily swayed by politicians with great oratory skills and charisma, yet they don't look at substance behind them. That's why they go for loudmouths and sweet talkers with abysmal records while the quiet ones like GEJ who talks less but thinks and act more are seen as "dullards" and "clueless". Oh well.

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
citizenY:

Collect Buhari's cerificate first
.... stay on this post and develop bp.

You mean Buhari the illiterate

Show me his certificate

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by anigbajumo(m): 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2015
dominique:
That was quite an interesting and thought provoking interview. Sambo up next week. I'll be shocked if he does not go blaming the opposition for this and that.
He wil surely blame deam,let wait nd c

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by dozymars(m): 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2015
Intelligent response from the Prof. We need leaders like this to represent us locally and internationally.

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Mooaloji(m): 10:27pm On Jan 04, 2015
africanqueen111:
Easier said dan done. Dis is how dey all begin, all candidate say all d gud tins in their manifesto. Well I wil kip my fingers Crossed meanwhile I wil vote for APC, bt I dnt wnt to wake up 1morning wit a gun pointd to my head, "islam or ur life"
I bet u It won't and it will nava hapen. No compulsion in religion, dose extremist call boko haram are only turnin it upside dwn. Dnt 4get we are in democracy wia any policy must pass d national assembly and it comprises of xtians and muslims. So Vote Apc, vote for Change, Vote for GMB/Osinbajo. Thanks Queen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
naso2:
He did not say anything special.

That His blueprint for power still looks like someone talking from the outside with limited information.

somehow none of the posters above noticed that he was non-committal on the timelines and actual measurable goal for the power sector. he only said their will be massive improvement.

His claim that the Lagos Island IPP powers public buildings on the island is unverified.

For diction I must confess that the guy is sound. what else does one expect from a lawyer and pastor, afterall na talk be dem work

The man don use talk collect bread for them hand & dem dey stand mouth ajar dey look like mumu...lol

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
chai, anytime I hear dis man talks, I further hate PDP to my bone marrow. gej cannot even b dis man's special assistant. aww, so o polished

9 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by mcprince32(m): 10:31pm On Jan 04, 2015
A lot of angels politicing, when given the chance, they re-define their meaning of change. I think there's something working like an inverter on that seat:-(
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by laoma15(m): 10:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
This is intelligence at work. The youngest professor ever! This is the man we have been waiting for, he knows so much! Thumps up prof.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by anigbajumo(m): 10:32pm On Jan 04, 2015
To say d fact d man is intelligent.....I enjoyed d politics view 2night

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Rilwayne001: 10:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
BUHARI/OSINBAJO the only combo to desrroy bokoharam and Corrupt politians.

GEJ will go to jail after May 18

8 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by phlame(m): 10:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
sptade:
THE NIGERIA custom SERVICE (NCS) is currently giving out
impounded vehicle at affordable auction prize,1st HAND
TOKUNBO cars, never been used in Nigeria.
These cars were seized as a result of illegal importation
into the country; They are readily available in give-away
price
This car are in seme border ports in Nigeria Awaiting
removal by Clearance.
NAME: FASHANU ADEBOYE (PUBLIC RELATION
OFFICER OF NIGERIA custom,SEME BORDER COMMAND)
CONTACT NUMBER: +234-8063-500-518
CONTACT ADDRESS-:2025A Badagry Express
Way,Operation 2-Enforcement office(ZONE A),SEME
BORDER COMMAND (boundary between Nigeria and
Cotonou,seme border port),Lagos,Nigeria.
OFFICE MAILING ADDRESS-:semecommand@g
mail.com
cars AVAILABLE
CAR MAKE CAR MODEL PRICE LIMIT
TOYOTA CAMRY #400000-800000
COROLLA #500000-800000
AVALON #550000-750000
HIGHLANDER #650000-1000000
VENZA #800000-12000000
LAND CRUISER #850000-1000000
NISSAN ALL MODELS
LAND ROVER ALL MODEL #800000-1250000
BMW ALL MODEL #400000-800000
MERCEDES BENZ ALL MODEL #400000-85000
HEAVY DUTY TRAILERS AND TRUCK AT AFFORDABLE PRIZE
and lots more………
ALL BUYERS SHOULD NOTE THAT BUYING OF NIGERIA
AUCTION VEHICLES HAS NO COMPLICATIONS WHAT SO
EVER,SINCE ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS WILL BE
HANDED OVER TO CUSTOMERS TO AVOID SUCH
INDIVIDUAL BUYING FOR HIS/HER PERSONAL USE
All new buyer should make a scan copy of the following to
semecommand@gmail.com:-
a. National id card, international passport or driver's
license.
b. Local Gov. of origin certificate.
c. Birth certificate.
d. A colored passport photograph. (for warehouse permit)
Regards from (NCS)

Please be a Man... There is so much money in Legit business... You are placing a curse on ur generation...

11 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by nduchucks: 10:33pm On Jan 04, 2015
londoner:
I did not watch it, but it's good that people are impresed with Osibanjo by what he said, but if he is so brilliant and with other minds like him in APC, why are they not presidential candidates? We all know how little the vice president gets to do in Nigeria. The tune danced to is the one dictated to by the president not the vice.

We all know this.

Instead of using this man to argue against GEJ, APC suppporters should be lobbying their party to replace Buhari with Osibanjo imho.

You may say he is better than GEJ, but maybe he is also better than Buhari so why stand by while this great mind as you say plays second fiddle?

I still dont understand why when you have people like Fashola and co, they were overlooked for Buhari.
It makes no sense to me.

I understand you buddy, but the political realities and expediency called for Osinbajo to be the VP.

You see, the Professor was the proverbial ‘dark horse’ who emerged like a bolt out of the blue. He was a non-starter against the likes of Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Babatunde Raji Fashola, but for the much-feared Muslim-Muslim ticket.

As the running mate slot was zoned by the APC to the South West (perhaps to ensure those millions of votes were obtained; votes which mostly went to Jonathan in 2011 despite Ribadu flying the ACN flag), Adams Oshiomhole and Rotimi Amaechi had to be sacrificed. And then, to complete the ‘dark horse’ luck, another potential running mate, Segun Osoba, had just recently decamped from the APC an angry man. Luck! Good?

Hence Osinbajo emerged as the VP. He had no political capital or nation-wide appeal whatsoever which could have enabled him to be the Presidential flagbearer.

We'll be where we need to be as a nation, after the Buhari Presidency. Hope this helps you a bit.

6 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by maestroferddi: 10:34pm On Jan 04, 2015
I will score him 50% out of 100.

There was really nothing different in what he said with what the present government is doing. He just had a little more frippery and rhetorics.

He bungled it when he asserted that the major power problem in the country is in transmission. That should be neither here no there. The basic problem is in GENERATION. You can't transmit when you have not generated.

The power generation question was one through which he could have shone if he had done his homework. Instead all he gave was a generic answer anybody could have given. Whatever happened to maintenance of power infrastructures in the country?

On Amaechi's parallel government, he was merely speaking tongue in cheek. He failed to give a practical example of a country where a parallel government has been formed to run side by side with the de jure one. He just spoke English and swept question under the carpet.

On the insurgency, he stopped short of accepting that sections of the country are not complementing the government's effort to crush the insurrection. Although he tried to salvage the gaffe, but any discerning person could see the faux pas that was committed.

*No thanks for getting me mired in a parallel thread*

4 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by aspirebig: 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2015
Did anyone heard the part that he said 1983 to now is 21yrs?

The last I checked,1983 to 2015 is 32yrs.

Most of the policies are always easier said than done. Even Obama isn't finding it easy fixing the US with all their resources,technology,intelligence etc.

Answering questions is not the same as performing when elected. There are many unforseen forces, factors, elements, groups,obstacles that will hinder the smooth running of those good initiatives. It is good to have a very good plan,good answers,good ideas,wonderful proposals,but it is a different ball game entirely when one is in that position.

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by ogaofficer(m): 10:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
WhiteTechnology:
NgeneUkwenu Berem Obiagelli

Post YouTube
it seems the user of those monikers you mention are being banned. Am quite sure of berem due to her comment when she posted a curse abt anyone who had the thought of death towards buhari in office or before. "i think the title for that thread is buhari had a terminal disease" smtin like that bt am not sure you can google it.
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by tola9ja: 10:37pm On Jan 04, 2015
VOTE FOR JONATHAN FOR THE
FOLLOWING ACHIEVEMENTS:
1. Petroleum from N65 to 97.
2. Gari from N150 to N260 for mud.
3. Sugar/flour/ beans/ all from N180 to
250/ mud.
4. NEPA from 1,250 to 4000/Month and no
light.
5. Scarcity of money.
6. Killings from few individuals to whole
community wiped out.
7. Roadblock from 1/40km to 2/3km.
8. Oil bunkering for 10,000/barrels to
100,000/ barrels.
9. Strike of just few organization to many
organizations.
10. Sack of few workers to thousands of
just health workers.
11. WASSCE from 40% to over 70% failure.
12. Trust among citizenry from little to
non. etc.
13. Stealing in billions of Naira to billions
of DOLLARS.
14. Budget implementation for 40% to less
than 20% per year.
15. Roads from potholes to road cut ups
and bridges.
16. Economy from worse to greatest in
Africa, but the masses from poor to
poorest.
17. Political movement from PDP to APC
and vice visa.
18. Transport fare to Kano from N1350 to
N2550.
19. Bribing from only police to soldiers
inclusion.
20. Lastly, ATM charges from non to now
N65 monthly

7 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by citizenY(m): 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

You mean Buhari the illiterate

Show me his certificate

Yes o
... use your sense..... you are a waste of slate, chalk and space in the school register if you believe that trash.

5 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by phlame(m): 10:39pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hegenjames:
GEJ til 2019!

Please continue washing ur school uniform... School resumes tomorrow...

Check the dog cage for your socks and school shoe...

4 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Dreambeat: 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
Intelligent man I must say,one who should not be a VP candidate to a certificate-less Buhari.If you ask for change,then let the change be GENUINE.He is a man who is in tune with the present day workings of governance not a senile,out of touch dictator who thinks that ruling the country is his birthright even when he is not qualified.Unfortunately if Osinbajo becomes a VP,he will be a toothless bulldog like other VPs.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Horizona001(m): 10:40pm On Jan 04, 2015
thumbs up Prof. you lectured Seun today.

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by emmykk(m): 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
correctguy0900:
chai, anytime I hear dis man talks, I further hate PDP to my bone marrow. gej cannot even b dis man's special assistant. aww, so o polished

sorry man gej cannot and will never be his PA in this world and the world to come.Gej has been boss since,from deputy gov,governor,vice-president,acting president and president,it is not by talking but by doing....last time it was buhari/bakare that Gej disgraced,this time buhari/osinbajo

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by mcprince32(m): 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2015
SOMETHING IS HAPPENING ON THAT OUR PRESIDENTIAL SEAT,
REACHING THERE ISN'T D ISSUE, ITS PERFORMING NOT BEING CARRIED AWAY.

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by emiye(m): 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2015
Brilliant man we can trust. He easy to get this kain CV ?.

Professor Yemi Osinbajo, SAN

Personal Data: Other Names: Oluyemi Oluleke, Date of Birth: 8th March, 1957, Place of Birth: Creek Hospital, Lagos, Home Address: 4, Osinbajo Close, Obanikoro, Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Nigeria. Nationality: Nigerian, Marital Status: Married.

Education: London School of Economics & Political Science, Master of Laws – 1980, Nigerian Law School – 1979, Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria Winner of Graham-Douglas Prize for Commercial Law University of Lagos, 1975-78, LLB, Second Class Upper, Winner State Merit Award -, Igbobi College Yaba – 1969-75, School Prize for English Oratory, 1971, 1972; Adeoba Prize for English Oratory 1972-1975; Elias Prize for Best Performance in History (WASC) – 1973, School Prize for Literature (HSC), 1975; African Statesman Intercollegiate Best Speaker’s Prize, 1974.

Work Experience: Simmons Cooper Partners (Barristers and Solicitors), Senior Partner, 2007 till date; University of Lagos, Professor of Law, Department of Public Law, Faculty of Law, 2007 to 2013; Lagos State Ministry of Justice, Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice; Member of Cabinet, Lagos State, 1999 to May 2007 ; United Nations Secretary General’s Committee of Experts on Conduct and Discipline of UN Peacekeeping Personnel around the globe, Member (2006); United Nations Operations in Somalia, Staff Member, Justice Division, UNOSOM II; Law Firm of Osinbajo, Kukoyi & Adokpaye, Partner; University of Lagos, Professor of Law and Head of Department of Public Law (1997-1999), Federal Government of Nigeria, Special Adviser to the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, (legal advice and litigation), 1988-1992; University of Lagos, Senior Lecturer I (1983-86), Lecturer II (1981-1983), Bendel Development and Planning Authority, Legal Officer (Youth Service),1979-1980

Professional Activities: International Criminal Court, Counsel, 2012 Citibank (Nigeria), Independent Director, appointed in 2008; Senior Advocate of Nigeria, 2002 ; African Development Bank, Ethics Adviser, Advisory Board; Asset and Resource Management Company Limited (ARM), Board Member, 2011 Education Sector Support Programme in Nigeria, Consultant, analysis of Legislation on Universal Basic Education, 2010; United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Assessing the Efficiency and Impact of African Anti-Corruption Commissions, Consultant, 2009; International Bar Association, delegation to South Africa to consider the issue of the independence of the judiciary and the rule of law, Member, 2008; Board of Studies of the Council for Legal Education, Member, 2003-2007; Body of Benchers, Member, 1999-2007; Council of Legal Education, Member,1997-2007; International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda Arusha on training of Prosecutors, Consultant (2004); Revision and Publication of Laws of Lagos State, Coordinator, 2003; Human Rights Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association, Member (1999); Ministerial Committee for Review of Minerals Laws and Regulations, Member, (1996); ECOWAS, Eminent person group for the Harmonisation of the Commercial Laws of ECOWAS States, Member (1996); National Committee on the Review of Solid Mineral Laws, Member, 1996; Expert advisory team to Ethiopia to advice parliament on Legal aspects of Democratisation, Member (1992); National Committee on the Reform and Unification of the Nigerian Criminal Laws and Procedure Codes, Member, 1988-1991; National Committee on Prison Reform, Member, 1991; Compilation and Editorial Committee of Nigeria’s Treaties in Force (1970-1990) (Published in 10 volumes) Coordinator, 1991; United Nations African Institute for Crime Prevention (UNAFRI), Consultant, (1991); Delegation to the Meeting of Senior Officials of Commonwealth Law Ministries, Singapore, Leader, (1990); Task Force on the Revision of the Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, Member, 1990; Commonwealth Ad-Hoc Working Committee on the Protection of Cultural Property, Member, (1990); Senate of Lagos State University, Member ; Senate of the University of Lagos, Member; Convention on Business Integrity, Co-founder & Chairman, Justice Research Institute Ltd. Gte., Board Member , THE ORDERLY SOCIETY TRUST, Executive Director Negotiation and Conflict Management International Board Member, United Nations Development Programme/United Nations Centre on Transnational Corporations/Training Programmes in Negotiating International Commercial/Financial Agreements for Senior Government and Private Sector Officials; and Providing An Enabling Environment for Foreign Investment in Nigeria, Coordinator; United Nations Centre on Transnational Corporations/United Nations Development Programme, Consultant; Commonwealth Working Party on the Commonwealth Advisory Service on Arbitration, Member; Nigerian Delegation to Negotiation of ECOWAS Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties, Gambia, Leader ; Governing Board of Legal Research and Resource Development Centre (LRRDC), Member ; Governing Board of Empowerment and Action Research Centre (EMPARC), Member ; International Bar Association, Member; Justice Committee of the Transitional Work Groups of the Governor-Elect Lagos State, Secretary; British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Member.

Membership of Editorial Boards of Learned Publications:
Editorial Advisory Board of the Appellate Review Journal(Published by The Emmanuel Ayoola Foundation); Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law; Nigerian Supreme Court Cases – DSC Publications (Published in 35 volumes); Justice (Journal of Contemporary Legal Problems); Contemporary Law Journal, (Faculty of Law, UNILAG); All Nigeria Law Reports (Published in 31 volumes); LASU Law Journal, Lawyers Bi-Annual, Journal of Finance and Investment Law; National Correspondent Bulletin of Legal Developments, Editorial Director Justice Now legal newspaper.

Membership of Editorial Boards of Non-Legal Publications:
Member, Editorial Advisory Board of the News/Tempo, Editor/Consultant, Human Dignity (Journal of the Human Rights Club), Member, Editorial Board of Scrutiny (Advocacy Bulletin of Integrity)

Publications
Chapters Contributed to Books:
The Common Law, The Evidence Act and The Interpretation of Section 5(a) in Essays in Honour of Judge Elias (1986) (J.A. Omotola, ed) pgs. 165-18;

Some Reforms in The Nigerian Law of Evidence Chapter in Law and Development (1986), (J.A. Omotola and A.A. Adeogun eds.) pgs. 282-311;

Rules of Evidence in Criminal Trials in the Nigerian Special Military Tribunals Chapter 2 in Essays on Nigerian Law, Vol … 1, Pgs. 28-42. (J.A. Omotola ed),

Some Public Law Considerations in Environmental Protection. Chapter in “Environmental Laws in Nigeria”, (J.A. Omotola ed.) 1990 pgs 128-149,

Domestic and International Protection for Women: “Landmarks on the Journey so Far” in Women and Children under Nigerian Law”. (Awa U. Kalu & Yemi Osinbajo eds.) 1990. pgs. 231-241

Some Problems of Proof of Bank Frauds and Other Financial Malpractices in Bank Frauds and Other Financial Malpractices in Nigeria (Awa Kalu ed.)

Modalities For The Implementation of The Transition Provisions in The New Constitution in Law Development and Administration, (Yemi Osinbajo & Awa Kalu eds.) FMJL Review Series, (1990).

Legal and Institutional Framework For The Eradication of Drug Trafficking in Nigeria – Narcotics: Laws and Policy in Nigeria (Awa Kalu & Yemi Osinbajo eds.) FMJL Review Series, 1990

Proof of Customary Law in non-Customary Courts, – Towards a Restatement of Nigerian Customary Laws, (Osinbajo & Awa Kalu eds.) 1991,

External Debt Management: Case Study of Nigeria – International Finance and External Debt Management, UNDP/UNCTC, 1991,

Judicial and Quasi-judicial Processing of Economic and organized Crimes: Experiences, Problems etc. Essays in Honour of Judge Bola Ajibola, (Prof. C.O. Okonkwo ed.) 1992,

Human Rights, Economic Development and the Corruption Factor in Human Rights and the Rule of Law and Development in Africa (Paul T. Zeleza et al eds) 2004

Articles Published in Learned Journals:
Legitimacy and Illegitimacy under Nigerian Law Nig. J. Contemp. Law. (1984-87) pgs. 30-45

Unraveling Evidence of Spouses in Nigeria, Legal Practitioners Review Vol. 1 No. 2 1987 pgs. 23-28

Can States Legislate on Rules of Evidence? Nigerian Current Law Review 1985 pgs. 234-242

Problems of Proof in Declaration of Title to Land, Journal of Private and Property Law Vol. 6 & 7, October 1986, pgs. 47-68

Interpretation of Section 131(a) of the Evidence Act. Journal of Private and Property Law Vol. 6 & 7 (1986), pgs. 118-122

Review of Some Decrees of the Structural Adjustment Era (Part 1, 2, 3), (1989) 2 GRBPL No. 2 (Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law) pgs.60-63, (1989) 2 GRBPL No. 3 (Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law) pgs. 51-55, (1989) 2 GRBPL No. 4 (Gravitas Review of Business and Property Law)

Current Issues in Transnational Lending and Debt Restructuring Agreements part 1 and 2

Autonomy, Academic Freedom and the Laws Establishing Universities in Nigeria (1990) Jus. Vol. 1 No. 2, pgs. 53-64

Admissibility of Computer Generated Evidence. (1990) Jus. Vol. 1 No. 1 pgs. 9-12

Allegations of Crime in Civil Proceedings, U.I. Law Review 1987

Roles, Duties and Liabilities of Collateral Participants and Professional Advisers in Unit Trust Schemes (1991) Jus. Vol. 1 No. 7 pgs. 71-83

Reform of the Criminal Law of Evidence in Nigeria (1991) Jus. 2 No. 4 Pgs. 71-98

Profit and Loss Sharing Banks – (1990) Jus. Vol. 2 No. 8, Juvenile Justice Administration in Nigeria.

A Review of the Beijing Rules. (1991) Jus. Vol. 2 No. 6. Pgs. 65-73

Sovereign Immunity in International Commercial Arbitration – The Nigerian Experience and emerging state practice- In African Journal of International and Comparative Law, 4 RADIC 1992, page 1-25,

Human Rights and Economic Development in The International Lawyer. 1994, Vol. 28, No. 3 pgs. 727-742

Legality in a Collapsed State: The Somalia Experience 45 ICLQ 1996, pgs. 910-924.

Books Authored/Edited:

Integration of the African Continent Through Law” (Edward Foakes Publishers, 1989, vol. 7, Federal Ministry of Justice Law Review Series)
Towards A Better Administration of Justice System in Nigeria” (Edward Foakes Publishers, 1989)
Women and Children Under Nigerian Law with (Awa kalu Co. Ed.) FMJL Review Series
The Unification and Reform of the Nigerian Criminal Law and Procedure Codes with (Awa Kalu Co. Ed.) – (Malthouse Press), 1990, FMJL Review Series
Law Development and Administration (Malthouse Press), 1990
Narcotics: Law and Policy in Nigeria, FMJL Review Series 1990
Nigerian Media Law, with (Prof. PK Fogam) GRAVITAS Publishers 1991
Perspectives on Human Rights in Nigeria with (Awa Kalu, Co.Ed) FMJL Review Series 1991
Democracy and the Law, FMJL Review Series, 1991
Perspectives on Corruption in Nigeria, FMJL Review Series 1992
Cases and Materials on Nigerian Law of Evidence, Macmillan, 1996
The Citizens Report Card on Local Governments (with Omayeli Omatsola) 1998
Economic, Social and Cultural Rights – A training Agenda for Nigeria (with Bankole Olubamise and Yinka Balogun,) Legal Research and Resource Development Centre, 1998
Annotated Rules of the Superior Courts of Nigeria (with Ade Ipaye) Lexis-Nexis Butterworths 2004
Cross Examination: A Trial Lawyer’s Most Potent Weapon (with Fola-Arthur Worrey) Lexis-Nexis Butterworths 2006

MONOGRAPHS

Problems and Prospects of Development Control 2004
Elections and Electoral Malpractices in Nigeria 2009
The Imperative of Electoral Reforms – A Critical Element of Constitutional Re-engineering of Nigeria 2009
Strengthening The Code Of Conduct Bureau 2009
Building Ethical Institutions: The Experience Of The Lagos State Judiciary 2009
The State Of Criminal Justice In Nigeria: Challenges And Opportunities 2009
Transparency And Ethical Considerations In The Development Of The Nigerian Economy 2009
The Responsibility Of Privilege 2010
Reforming Civil Procedure Rules: The Lagos State Experience 2010
Understanding How The Legal Process Works In Business 2010
The Modern Justice Delivery Technique 2010
Challenges Of Enforcement Of Securities In Nigeria 2010
Political Institutions And Electoral Integrity 2010
Development and Policy Use of Criminal Justice Information and Statistics 2010
The Retreat of the Legal Process 2011
The Rule of Law: The Foundations are Shaking 2011
Structuring Criminal Justice Administration In A Federal State: Priorities For Nigeria 2011

Regulatory Framework for Curbing Internet Crimes and Money Laundering 2014
Leadership and Legacy: The Power of One 2014
Repositioning Nigerian Universities For The 21st Century: Paradigms For Innovation And Change 2014
Delays In Justice Administration: Beyond The Rules And The Law 2014
Towards A More Transparent And Merit‐Based Judicial Recruitment System In States Judicial Service Commissions 2014
The Rule of Law and National Development 2014

AWARDS

Lagos State Government An award in recognition of invaluable 09/Sept/1999 contribution as member, Justice Committee of Lagos Transition Work Group

Lagos State Government An award in recognition of invaluable 09/Sept/1999 contribution as MEMBER, policy committee of Lagos Transition Work Group

Nigerian Bar Association Merit Award for outstanding
Ikeja Branch contributions to the Bench and Bar and 15/June/2001 commitment to the rule of law in Lagos

Lagos State Judiciary Award for invaluable support
06/Dec/2003 towards the upliftment and growth of administration of justice in Lagos State Judiciary

Nigerian Bar Association Outstanding Practitioner award in 2004 recognition of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo
(SAN)’s contribution to the legal profession and the Nigerian Bar Association

Magistrates Association of Nigeria Award of excellence in recognition of 09/Dec/2005 meritorious and selfless service to magistracy and humanity

Lagos State House of Assembly Outstanding performance award
28/April/2005 (The House Committee on Judiciary
Human Rights and Public Petition)

Nigeria Bar Association Award of honour in appreciation of an
Ikeja Branch immense contribution to the
26/May/2006 development of constitutionalism in Nigeria

Thisday Newspaper Nomination as Legal Practitioner of the year

Lagos State Ministry of Justice An Award in recognition of an
April, 2007 eight year tenure of resourceful motivational and revolutionary leadership of the Justice sector in Lagos state

Nigerian Leadership Initiative Award for exemplary leadership in
July 2007 government

Committee for the Distinguished Mediators Award
Defence of Human Rights in recognition of selfless commitment
20/Sept/2010 to peace and development

Lagos State Government Emeritus Ambassador for the
Ministry of Environment Environment

Lagos State Government An Award in recognition of an outstanding 2010 contribution to the development of the Justice Sector of Lagos State

Nigerian Lawyers Association Law and Justice Award. In recognition of
December 2011 an exceptional and remarkable service in the academia and the public sector, dedication to advocating for and implementing Judicial Reform in Nigeria.
The Lagos State Judiciary and An Award in recognition of a meritorious
The Lagos State Multi-Door service on The Lagos Multi- door
Courthouse 2014 Courthouse Governing Council

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/professor-yemi-osinbajos-profile/

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NBC Director-general, Emeka Mba, Arrested / Oshiomhole Vows: Saraki Will ‘definitely’ Be Impeached / Soldier That Foiled Suicide Bomb Attempt On Bakassi IDP, Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.