Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today (38113 Views)

Fani-Kayode: "Jimoh Ibrahim Is The Biggest Judas In Nigerian Politics Today" / Video: Rotimi Amaechi's Interview On Channels Tv's Politics Today Programme / Rotimi Amaechi And Fani-Kayode On Politics Today On Channels TV. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by blaksmith: 12:04am On Jan 05, 2015
You are very wrong on the issue of electricity. Nigeria's problem for a long time has never been one of generation. It is one of transmission and distribution.

You can generate 1million megawatts and have nothing to show if your transmission infrastructure has the capacity for only 10,000 megawatts. If you overload your transmission network, it will crash. And it is only what you can transmit that you can distribute. The success of any electricity network is in the Transmission. The transmission network also converts electricity into the format that is usable in homes...it is this format that is carried by the Distribution Companies to everyone.

So no, Osinbajo didn't get it wrong. You did.

maestroferddi:
I will score him 50% out of 100.

There was really nothing different in what he said with what the present government is doing. He just had a little more frippery and rhetorics.

He bungled it when he asserted that the major power problem in the country is in transmission. That should be neither here no there. The basic problem is in GENERATION. You can't transmit when you have not generated.

The power generation question was one through which he could have shone if he had done his homework. Instead all he gave was a generic answer anybody could have given. Whatever happened to maintenance of power infrastructures in the country?

On Amaechi's parallel government, he was merely speaking tongue in cheek. He failed to give a practical example of a country where a parallel government has been formed to run side by side with the de jure one. He just spoke English and swept question under the carpet.

On the insurgency, he stopped short of accepting that sections of the country are not complementing the government's effort to crush the insurrection. Although he tried to salvage the gaffe, but any discerning person could see the faux pas that was committed.

*No thanks for getting me mired in a parallel thread*

8 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 05, 2015
Oduduwaboy:
This Osinbajo interview has clearly shown that Ph.d pass Ph.d o! GEJ's Ph.d is made in taiwan.
noooo. Taiwan now makes quality stuffs like HTC, Acer, Asus, ben-q, d-link e.t.c GeJ's PhD is from mainland China. grin

5 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Etruth: 12:08am On Jan 05, 2015
CACACTION:

The question is not based on sweetening the people on varieties of what is not or can't be achieved ;just buying hearts for vote. The country needs not who would come up on media or in any platform to convince personalities because one has mouth,what we need is called direct action policy and not sweet mouth policy.
and how can he embark on d bolded at this point in time? Pls suggest. Some ppl are just impossible. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 05, 2015
ToyinDipo:

There is something they call 'face', Buhari is presently the face of APC. If Osinbanjo were to be flag bearer for APC presidential post, how many votes do you think he can ganner nationwide? Apart from that, APC are also practicing the usual zoning shiit... Just like when Buhari was the military head of state, if he were to be elected again, it will be osinbanjo calling most of the shots.

Are you answering those political naive commentators on this thread.

Pat Utomi is brilliant but how many votes did he garner.?

If Osibanjo had come out on a different platform who would have listened to him? Politics is a game of many shades of grey and not black and white. He even forgets they are fighting to win an incumbent government. Who else than someone who single handedly garnered 12 million votes?

You need a mixture of many things to win voters in a democratic setting and at least the APC is giving that for now. Giving their technocrats an opportunity to shine albeit from the shadows.

4 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by adeoladrg(m): 12:14am On Jan 05, 2015
Comparing Osinbanjo to Sambo is like comparing a Ferrari to a peacock!

11 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Eyepencil: 12:17am On Jan 05, 2015
azimibraun:
President release money and contractor chop am? Then na Yeye morron president be dat Bros. Clueless president will tolorate ppl frustrating his effort. Buhari will make sure the law of the federal republic takes its fullest course. You just explained how clueless you and GEJ are. Ah! Na wa o! See person wey we follow dey argue since na clueless.
MR MAN MAKE WE HEAR WORD JARE, IF YOU COLLECT MONEY FINISH U GO COME NAIRALAND DEY DISTURB PERSON. HOW MANY TIMES U WAN POST FOR DIS THREAD. MAKE U SWEAR SAY THEM NO DEY PAY YOU MAKE THUNDER FIRE YOU!
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by azimibraun: 12:20am On Jan 05, 2015
Ferrari and Peacock.. Chai! Naija get mouth joor. We were a happy ppl o! But this PDP Ppl have insisted that we must have tears in our eyes and hate in our minds. God dey sha.

5 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by NovusHomo(m): 12:21am On Jan 05, 2015
BJAYADEMOLA:
I watch d programme. I never knw say osibanjo get grey hair pass buhari.... Elders is now d leaders of 2morow. Youth wea thou ar

They are busy fighting Internet wars.
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by azimibraun: 12:24am On Jan 05, 2015
Player Hater!!!! Ntoooo!!! At least you have clearly demonstrated shortage of ideas. I would have loved you replying to my post you quoted rather than trying to assassinate my character. I am typing this with pharrel Williams" Happy" blasting from my B by D headphones. U can't make me sad. Cus am happy.....

3 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Eyepencil: 12:26am On Jan 05, 2015
fflamingo:
I think this is the right man for the job. See he wore this same cloth in the morning to church service, yet he never changed it for the inteview. It shows how prudence the man will be. www.nairaland.com/2076224/general-buhari-lagos-state-2015 let leave sentiment aside this is the right man for the post.
AND SO FUUKING WAT? U NEED BRAIN SURGERY. MUMU
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 05, 2015
mencade4:
buhari where is your certificate?
me and you are different page on this one..... *sharps cutlass* angry angry angry angry
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 12:28am On Jan 05, 2015
maestroferddi:
I will score him 50% out of 100.

There was really nothing different in what he said with what the present government is doing. He just had a little more frippery and rhetorics.

He bungled it when he asserted that the major power problem in the country is in transmission. That should be neither here no there. The basic problem is in GENERATION. You can't transmit when you have not generated.

The power generation question was one through which he could have shone if he had done his homework. Instead all he gave was a generic answer anybody could have given. Whatever happened to maintenance of power infrastructures in the country?

On Amaechi's parallel government, he was merely speaking tongue in cheek. He failed to give a practical example of a country where a parallel government has been formed to run side by side with the de jure one. He just spoke English and swept question under the carpet.

On the insurgency, he stopped short of accepting that sections of the country are not complementing the government's effort to crush the insurrection. Although he tried to salvage the gaffe, but any discerning person could see the faux pas that was com

*No thanks for getting me mired in a parallel thread*

He was right about the parallel govt ish. if the incumbent would scuttle an election they organise and deny the people the rights to their votes and wishes. Nothing wrong in constituting a parallel government. Although, it would have been better to go through the courts but its a well known fact that the Nigerian Judicial system is very corrupt and getting justice is like a mirage hence why most citizens resort to jungle justice cause they have no confidence in the law system.

About insurgency, no one wishes to fight insurgency by alienating one if the main stakeholders which is the communtiy that is affected by such. Else they won't trust and support you. I can't be someone from borno And still trust the present administration after key government officials through their diatribe had labelled these same people terrorist or islamists. You don't expect to get their support after you have called them names. Also there are cases where the military had burned down villages and commited extra judicial killings. The psychology of the people living in this area is frail and the are caught between maruaders in uniform and those in rags. I hope you know they won't trust both sides. That's where a sensible and listening government comes in.

Politicising the insurgency was the greatest mistake this administration made. There is nothing about religion. There either good or bad people. And the terrorists were bad people. No two ways around it. Deal with the issues as you would deal with bad people not colouring it with ethnic adulations or religious undertones. Jonathan made it clear from the start that it was a northern problem and it was because they wanted to frustrate him. Which we all now see and know is wrong thinking. Your president has a long way to learn what politics and governance really is.

4 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Etruth: 12:28am On Jan 05, 2015
aspirebig:
Did anyone heard the part that he said 1983 to now is 21yrs?

The last I checked,1983 to 2015 is 32yrs.

Most of the policies are always easier said than done. Even Obama isn't finding it easy fixing the US with all their resources,technology,intelligence etc.

Answering questions is not the same as performing when elected. There are many unforseen forces, factors, elements, groups,obstacles that will hinder the smooth running of those good initiatives. It is good to have a very good plan,good answers,good ideas,wonderful proposals,but it is a different ball game entirely when one is in that position.
What are you saying,in essence?

4 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by maestroferddi: 12:29am On Jan 05, 2015
blaksmith:
You are very wrong on the issue of electricity. Nigeria's problem for a long time has never been one of generation. It is one of transmission and distribution.

You can generate 1million megawatts and have nothing to show if your transmission infrastructure has the capacity for only 10,000 megawatts. If you overload your transmission network, it will crash. And it is only what you can transmit that you can distribute. The success of any electricity network is in the Transmission. The transmission network also converts electricity into the format that is usable in homes...it is this format that is carried by the Distribution Companies to everyone.

So no, Osinbajo didn't get it wrong. You did.

Are you talking as a technical illiterate or as a professional/qualified engineer?

Do you know the basic process involved in getting the power you consume across to you?

Can you furnish me with a government white paper or any official report stating that our basic power problem is transmission?

For the record, the crux of our power inadequacy stems from generation constrains traceable to the very poor maintenance culture inherent in our national establishments. The shortfall in our power needs eventuates from the decrepit and moribund power systems/machines in our power stations.

Have you heard of Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) on the machines and the colossal cost of doing so to revive machines that have gone comatose?

How can transmission be our problem when we are even exporting power?

Ogbeni, please stick to what you know...

2 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 12:29am On Jan 05, 2015
WhiteTechnology:

I believe Nairaland is influencing our political elites who are listening

cool cool cool cool so true. Sadly, not many people havent noticed this.

4 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Waspy(m): 12:37am On Jan 05, 2015
OBJ was bitter than nice to his VP, yet Atiku was relevant ( to a little extent). Smh for Sambo tho undecided..

Somebody tell GEJ to stop watching AfricanMagic and AIT. He can get as much ideas and positive/constructive criticism as will move the nation forward from Channels.

5 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by nduchucks: 12:39am On Jan 05, 2015
If this good Professor wants to become President after Buhari, he may very well upstage Fashola, Oshiomole, Amaechi, and all other APC hopefuls.

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by kayjasper(f): 12:44am On Jan 05, 2015
dominique:
This is the first time I'll be watching him speak and I'm quite blown away. He's speaking on insurgency now.

So you finally saw the light?

[size=15pt] Hallelujah [/size]

Only people with a closed mind will support GEJ.

[size=15pt] GEJ's failure will be a course of study in the Universities for generations yet unborn !!![/size]

9 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by emmatok(m): 12:53am On Jan 05, 2015
maestroferddi:
Are you talking as a technical illiterate or as a professional/qualified engineer?

Do you know the basic process involved in getting the power you consume across to you?

Can you furnish me with a government white paper or any official report stating that our basic power problem is transmission?

For the record, the crux of our power inadequacy stems from generation constrains traceable to the very poor maintenance culture inherent in our national establishments. The shortfall in our power needs eventuates from the decrepit and moribund power systems/machines in our power stations.

Have you heard of Turn Around Maintenance (TAM) on the machines and the colossal cost of doing so to revive machines that have gone comatose?

How can transmission be our problem when we are even exporting power?

Ogbeni, please stick to what you know...

Cool down Bro, transmission is part of our problem,
You generate electricity power in Delta state, transmit on National electrical grid to Kano, it doesn't work that way.
Because electricity drops during transmission,and the actual amount generated will not get to its final destination.

Mr. Nebo particularly stressed the need to develop the sector’s transmission capacity “and expand the wheeling strength, so that all power generated can be effectively transmitted.”
The minister also said there were huge challenges in transmission “because we need to be sure that we have more wheeling capacity than generation, so we need to beef up our generation capacity and transmission capacity.”
He urged participants at the conference to fashion out a blue print on how to effectively fund and address the infrastructure deficit in the sector, especially the transmission chain.
“With regards to transmission, I will plead with people who are knowledgeable in the power sector, investors and technical people to really look into what Nigeria needs now.
“I will like you to also look at issues around market solvency, funding model for transmission, and so on,’ he said.

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 05, 2015
Osibanjo is a seasoned technocrat we all know.
But Buhari , hell no
APC really gulf by choosing Buhari
Put Osibanjo or Fashola ad the presidential flag bearer , I will vote for them.
But as far as it is Buhari , nna nah
Goodluck
till
Buhari
Submit
His
Certificate
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 05, 2015
They said Osibanjo
And you guys are shouting vote Buhari
Oya bring Buhari and interview him nah. Na there church go close
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 05, 2015
Etruth:
What are you saying,in essence?
What he is saying is that
Talk is cheap
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by lohresloco: 1:26am On Jan 05, 2015
It's funny how people think the office of the vice president is worth anything .... The dude is clearly intelligent but a tool to get Buhari there, in between talk is cheap. And like I'd repeat, your vote doesn't count, if you like shout from here to mbiama. Who the major cartels and bosses want they get. And Buhari is clearly not going to serve their best interest, simple.
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by fflamingo(m): 1:30am On Jan 05, 2015
Eyepencil:
AND SO FUUKING WAT? U NEED BRAIN SURGERY. MUMU
sick dudes everywhere. I suppose you would decode the definition of humility. Electronic-idiot!
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by 9inches(m): 1:31am On Jan 05, 2015
Campaigning more than the main flagbearer undecided Make I ask o, is he contesting for president? He should be ashamed of himself for being a stooge to an illiterate sharia bigot with no degree certificate. Osibanjo where is thy brain eeh? Chai!
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by obailala(m): 1:34am On Jan 05, 2015
Incorruptible:
Osibanjo is a seasoned technocrat we all know.
But Buhari , hell no
APC really gulf by choosing Buhari
Put Osibanjo or Fashola ad the presidential flag bearer , I will vote for them.
But as far as it is Buhari , nna nah
Goodluck
till
Buhari
Submit
His
Certificate
Even if Apostle Paul is the APC flagbearer, your type will typically still vote GEJ. So please spare us your 'No Buhari' gospel.

If you must know why GMB is the flagbearer, it is for political expediency. Even if Osinbajo is as wise and intelligent as King Solomon in the Bible, he will not be able to win an election in Nigeria because he is not known. The 'face' of Buhari alone is capable of gathering over 10million votes in the north and that is where political expediency comes in. Remember, before any campaign promises or change can be fulfilled, the first step is to win the election.

Furthermore, no matter how intelligent or wise or upright people like Osinbajo or Fashola may be, they may not be able to dislodge the evil cabals in NNPC, NEPA etc who are holding the country down. The face of a no-nonsense general like GMB might just be what is needed to instil fear in the hearts of these cabals. To bring the required change in a country like Nigeria, it requires not just intelligence and wisdom, but also the presence of a 'Hardliner' at the top.

From his past antecedents, Buhari gives his deputies the freedom to function freely. Buhari's previous leadership in 80's was driven mainly by his deputy (Tunde Idiagbon). From the look of things, if APC wins in 2015, I forsee Osinbajo being the defacto Nigerian president while Buhari remains only a figure head. For this reason, I have closely followed Osinbajo's candidacy and what I see in him looks very positive and promising.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Roland17(m): 1:35am On Jan 05, 2015
If you are still considering improving or are indifferent about your educational/ academic status, please listen to Osibanjo speak..

I have always maintained that PROVEN intellectuals MUST be integral parts of administration and leadership especially developing nations..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by maestroferddi: 1:42am On Jan 05, 2015
emmatok:

Cool down Bro, transmission is part of our problem,
You generate electricity power in Delta state, transmit on National electrical grid to Kano, it doesn't work that way.
Because electricity drops during transmission,and the actual amount generated will not get to its final destination.

The government has since began to tackle the problem long distance transmission by building new power generating stations.

Instead of only say Egbin, we now have Olorunsogo, Papalanto, Omotoso etc in the SW.

The same can reasonable be said of other parts of the country.

Granted that Prof Osinbajo is no engineer, but he conflated issues by asserting that our major power problem is transmission. If that were so, most of our major cities would be having constant power supply instead of the rationing we do have, since most cities are being fed by proximate power stations.

E be like say Prof dub the thing sharp sharp from one online medium. LOL.

1 Like

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 1:49am On Jan 05, 2015
May it never be well with whoever lied against GMB stating that he made Nigeria join OIC... Osinbajo just cleared..

PS: I am listening to the downloaded youtube clips. damn... I need to start watching TV more.

4 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by obailala(m): 1:59am On Jan 05, 2015
Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 2:19am On Jan 05, 2015
I watched the interview this man is beyond brilliant,this is the kind of leader we need in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Yemi Osinbajo Live On Channels Tv Politics Today by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 05, 2015
nesta007:

U see ur life outside. Pdp no gree give u light make u use watch am live now u waiting for YouTube u go wait tire grin tongue cheesy
lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tinubu And Sanwo-Olu At Homecoming Reception For Gbajabiamila (Photos) / Ogun To Suspend Lockdown Free Days On Friday / Nnamdi Kanu Trial Adjourned Till January 18, 2022. Court Allows Him Change Cloth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.