Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? (6033 Views)

Best Web Hosting Company In Nigeria / Any Reliable Coldfusion Hosting Company In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by Cade(m): 6:11pm On Aug 15, 2006
Which Is The Best And Most Cost Effective Web Hosting Company In Lagos Town

Which is the best and most cost effective Web Hosting company in Lagos Town?

Please help me out as I am amateur enthusiast.
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by bussby(m): 11:03am On Aug 16, 2006
Very few of them, try www.weblagos.com. They are cheap and very reliable.

I use them and have a reseller package with them wink
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by signon(m): 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2006
Try Signonafrica.net

Signonafrica is committed to providing superb service to all our customers especially webmasters, web developers and designers.

So long as you do not bring fake banks, phishing, 419 websites we will host your website on one our 20 servers located in Florida and California. We have installed an online website design system - siteStudio on some servers for both beginners and professionals. We host Linux and Windows platforms.

Special for Webmasters, developers and designers:

- Linux Hosting platform
-1500 Megabytes
-1 free domain name - .org, .com, .info, .biz, .net, .ws, .name.
-800 email address
-host 8 domain names
-your cost 10,000.00 Naira/year and renewal thereafter.
-additional domain names 1,500.00 Naira each
- 90 days Money back if not satisfied - (cost - domain name registration)
- Not available at Signonafrica's offices or websites
- send email to wmspecial@signonafrica.com if interested.
- Offer ends September 30th, 2006 or Space available on server.
- You must be a webmaster, web designer or developer!

Godwin

www.signonafrica.com www.onenaira.com www.signonafrica.net www.goodoldomains.com www.signondomains.com
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by naomijt(f): 9:02am On Aug 17, 2006
@cade: Your question is a difficult one. How do we rate best? Cost-effectiveness?

One webhost may offer the lowest prices, but it does not make them the most cost-effective or the best. Again, the best webhost may be the most expensive!

Its a subjective issue. Most webhosts are okay and you will find their services adequate. A few are very bad. Simply attempt to avoid those ones.

I work with a webhost based in Lagos. We are rated as one of the top webhosts in Nigeria, but that does not necessarilly make us the best or the most cost-effective, because its difficult to evaluate those criteria, as I pointed out above.

However, at DomainStandard.net, we care about the customer amd are not out to make money to the detriment of the customer. We also love what we do and enjoy helping individuals, small and medium scale businesses maximise their online presence.

We may not be what you are looking for, but do take a look: http://www.domainstandard.net
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by timmy(m): 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2006
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by Afam(m): 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2006
@Naomitj,

Very good response.

Well, where the game is won and lost as regards web hosting is the bandwidth. Even if you pay N10.00 or N500,000.00 a year for any web hosting plan that cannot handle your anticipated or actual bandwidth they your website will become unavailable simple.

At Just Web Services the cheapest hosting plan for static websites is N24,000.00 per year and comes with 150MB disk space, 5 POP email addresses and 10GB bandwidth

The cheapest hosting plan for dynamic websites is N42,000.00 per year and comes with 600MB disk space, 25 POP email addresses and 50GB bandwidth.

Cost effectiveness may really be relative as pririties differ from one business to another.
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by Seun(m): 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2006
Afam, that's misleading! How many Nigerian websites can use more than even 1gb of bandwidth in a month?
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by Afam(m): 7:02pm On Aug 17, 2006
@Seun,

Stick to what you understand.

How many websites have you tried to access only to get "User exceeded bandwidth?"
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by tellmemore(m): 9:13am On Aug 19, 2006
Dont bother knowing which is best. If you are not satisfied with any hosting service, you switch , like I do grin

Happy hosting
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by lagoshost(m): 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2006
Well, checkout lagoshost.com.

We offer alot of plans you might want to pick fro andd domain names as low as N1300.

LagosHost.Com
sales @ lagoshost.com
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by brushparke(m): 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2006
Every web hosting company that is worth it's Onion will allow you have a feel of their services before you make payment. This is done with www.hostportfolio.com .
Go to this site and ask for a free trial.You will be allowed to test the hosting and them make up your mind wether you want to pay or move on to someone else.
This is the best you can have. Both affordable and reliable.
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2006
I do not host with Naija webosts for these reason (hate me all you want)

1: They are resellers to other BIG providers abroad so you pay more for the same services.
2: Some charge you based on the how many static pages or dynamic pages you have on your web folder (how un-intelligent)
3: For $100 equivalent, you get 10 mailboxes and between 10mb to 200mb space.
4: no support for free and commercial activex or pearl/CGI components like cybercash ASPupload etc
5: only linux account gives you all the opensource (awuuf) for 4 times the price and four times less the value than you will get if you hosted abroad.
6: I have been shafted several times for exceeding bandwidth or some other spurious charge like large emals went through your account or you sent more than 1000 emails in a week (like if they have their own backbone or internet gateway)

Before you guyz n girls and mamas and papas flame me, i will look at your services and packages one-by-one.

thanks
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by ladenz(m): 11:58am On Aug 23, 2006
lager etc. etc. I am very interested in what you said. I have been looking for a host but I did not even bother to look in Nigeria. THe time will come when we can get reliable services in this country but for now if one has to spend money I think he should spend it on those who have the experience. Anyway I am looking for someone to host my site. Windows 2003 server with Asp.net 2.0. Can you help me?
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by Afam(m): 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2006
@Ladenz,

Windows based platforms are generally and usually more expensive when compared to open source platforms, largely due to licencing costs.

Again, bear in mind that anyone can setup a server even at home so the job of knowing where to host or who to host becomes a bit difficult until you try the plan yourself unless you are lucky to get satisfied customers tell you the real story.

Just thinking - do you have asp based applications that cannot be developed using open source?
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by ladenz(m): 4:24pm On Aug 23, 2006
I am not an expert but I dont think so.

Thanks for the advice
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by Afam(m): 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2006
Ladenz,

You don't think so, what exactly don't you agree with and why. I am eager to learn from you anyway as I have just stated my opinion.
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by ladenz(m): 1:58pm On Aug 25, 2006
Dont misunderstand me. I am okay with what you said. 'i dont think so' was in reply to your question about asp applications and open source grin
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by gdi(m): 1:56pm On Aug 26, 2006
Ladenz, try nairahost.com i think they are fair enough.
@lagerwhenindoubt i used to think and talk like u b4, but now i am different, why?
do u have a steady access to a reliable credit card?
if u do your research well you will find nigerian resellers who would give u quality host you can afford.
even if they charge a little extra it worth it.
i have registered for a good host b4 (years back) from a company in the US using some boys credit card, 3 months later the host shut me down claiming my card was fraudulently aqcuired, i couldn't locate the guy and even if i did how would he get my account back.
so believe me i value my Nigerian brothers, thewy make the job easy and i would advise anyone to pay them for it. wink
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by Afam(m): 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2006
@Ladenz,

No wahala. I am in love with open source, maybe that's the reason for the position.

@gdi,

I agree that one should depend on a steady and available source of online payment for reliability sake.

A lot of Nigerians have valid Mastercard (I use a Mastercard Debit card) and it is better to own or use a service provider's card than to depend on a friend because that friend may be unavailable when you may need him/her for renewal purposes which is the major reason for a lot of domain names expiring before the owners even realize what's happening.
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by kg(f): 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2006
I'm learning from your experiences here, they will help when I'm about making a choice of who to patronise
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:30am On Aug 30, 2006
hmmn, the only host that piqued my interests 3-4 years back was Pinet Informatics, they were (in my opinion) the first webhost in nigeria to migrate to Windows 2003 and provide hands-on support with development issues. they sucked as#$ but they tried their best until i found out about custom components that did exactly what i wanted and without registering COM objects on the webhosts' server.

I have a friend who is into webhosting www.georgeswebsite.com. he's okay and really opensource. (so only opensource gurus will love hosting on him), but he gives cheap windows hosting and i can run him ragged with for months without paying up for yearly renewals grin

I am not a fan of backward innovation (reinvent the wheel but make it a square and call it fashionable and "on-time"wink. I know how difficult it is to start a webhosting business, if you are going to do it right, get beyond the little-leaguers. look at what obtains abroad. I am not saying splash out building a tech data center and getting mega bandwidth and rack-servers. I am saying, get skilled people for support and get lots of practical web components that work, (i believe capitalists hate to work when they can get someone to do it for them) and compete on the nigerian market from that level, y'd be suprised how many customers youwill recieve.

You have not been in my shoes otherwise you'll hear stories of how webhosters are contacting your client for web design business or simply taking down yoursite and placing a "Pay up your debts and have your site running again" on a client's website, the unprofessionalisim always seeps out, then gushes.

It is unlikely i will host serious apps and sites with a nigerian host in the near future. , don't blame me, some ordinary standards are just looked on as "over-sabi" in Naija
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by ladenz(m): 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2006
i have been doing a bit of research on some of the biggest website hosts in the US and UK . Their customer service is awesome. the nigerian ones did not even reply my mails.
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by rubby(f): 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2006
u can try xceptions.biz we offwe unlimited emails and our rates are quite affordable with various facilities
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by naomijt(f): 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2006

ladenz wrote: i have been doing a bit of research on some of the biggest website hosts in the US and UK . Their customer service is awesome. the nigerian ones did not even reply my mails.
You might want to try out our services at http://www.domainstandard.net with respect to customer support. Our email support, among other things, is top-notch.
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by salviya: 9:02am On Dec 14, 2010
Try this site http://www.xnynz.com/ to get the web hosting and also get the domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc,
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by mastere3: 10:01am On Dec 14, 2010
I think i respect the great minds and thinker ins this thread, this shows that the Nigeria IT industry is no joke at all. Well lemme not forget the main reason of this thread. if i read some post clearly, i think we are taking about cost effective web hosting solution?

Nice one to the poster and contributors cos it is sometimes had to find. All Nigeria web hosting company are ok as far as i am concern as it is a matter of finding one that you are comfortable with and suit your web project.

VBHOSTNET.COM is one unique hosting company i can offer to recommend to the poster. We offer cheap unlimited shared hosting packages, Resellers Hosting plans and the rare one that Nigerians buy outside the country: MASTER RESELLER HOSTING,  Know what? they are cheap and affordable for any one

We currently run and end of year hosting promo but when promo is over price is still on the cheapest side.

Check things out @ www.vbhostnet.com

Best wishes to all this season!
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by passcomms: 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
[center]Hottest webhosting Promo

free unlimited shared hosting for review

at

www.passcommshosting.com

send mail to

support@passcommshosting.com

Subject: My free unlimited shared Review account

+2348062076660[/center]
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by theagent: 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2011
Try Nigerian Webhosts www.nigerianwebhosts.com

Very reliable and affordable. Operated and owned by IT professionals, so should be around for a long time.
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by frisahost(m): 8:07pm On Aug 26, 2011
try http://www.frisahost.com our price are unbeatable with great features , try us today .
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by nk24: 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2011
an article writer sylviankiruka@yahoo.com. or 08037441122
Re: Best Web Hosting Company In Lagos? by bros1234(m): 8:00am On Aug 31, 2011

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can't Believe I Got Adsense Approval Under 1 Hour / Nigeria Loses N3.76B To Foreign Domain Names / Please Can I Receive Adsense With Saving Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.