Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? (1262 Views)

If Anything Happens To Buhari, North Will Insist On Two Terms In 2019 – Junaid / North Will Never Discover Oil In Chad Basin – Shehu Sani / North Will Reject Buhari, APC In 2019 —iwuanyanwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by homesteady(m): 9:48am On Jan 05, 2015
Election is drawing closer day by day, the heat of election is becoming hotter!

We all know how After the last election, there was violence against mainly Southerners! Some were killed, their properties destroyed and many other things! If not for the timely intervention of my neighbour and his children, they would have also burnt my family house!

This time around, we are all travelling out! I'll be in benin by then sef (school things)! But my family will also travel! And Most Southerners I know are also travelling out!

I heard that all those parks that takes people to the east in kano are closing on 31st of this month i.e they are taking all their buses back to the East!

So southerners in the North on NL, will you travel or stay behind?

2 Likes

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by Aitee1: 10:03am On Jan 05, 2015
They better adviced themselves on time oh so history will not repeat itself...hmmmm!

5 Likes

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by asha80(m): 10:08am On Jan 05, 2015
What about those born and brought up there that do not know their parents' state and can only speak hausa and maybe English and not their mother tongue?
Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by 1LRNZH: 10:10am On Jan 05, 2015
Even to go shopping now in the north is a scary proposition before one bomb blast or Boko Haram attack will happen.

Since GEJ cannot guaranty our safety, by providing adequate security we have no choice but to leave and hence be disenfranchised.

We hope GMB wins based on those that can vote.

Fr. Mbaka is a shining beacon in a vast wilderness of darkness for requesting and preaching CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by homesteady(m): 10:16am On Jan 05, 2015
asha80:
What about those born and brought up there that do not know their parents' state and can only speak hausa and maybe English and not their mother tongue?

Those ones are not Southerners again! They have neutralised themselves!
Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by asha80(m): 10:18am On Jan 05, 2015
homesteady:

Those ones are not Southerners again! They have neutralised themselves!
hehe na wao
Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by SirHouloo(m): 10:29am On Jan 05, 2015
No travel now, only at your own peril.
Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by zimoni(f): 10:34am On Jan 05, 2015
Abuja, Benue and Kogi States are save in my own opinion. I wouldn't call Kwara North.

I'm based in Abuja, I may go home (Osun State) or stay here depending on the days of holidays given by FG.

Any state apart from Benue, Abuja and Kogi is not save in my own opinion. Not even Nasarawa.

My advise for Southerners living in Far or Core North is to travel home for the election and return to their respective bases when the coast is clear.

Because,

Buhari is going Win the election and INEC is going to Declare Jonathan as the winner, then THEY SHALL START THE KILLINGS AS USUAL IN THE NORTH.

WHEN THE KILLINGS START, THEY DON'T ASK WHETHER YOU ARE YORUBA OR IGBO OR SS, SO FAR YOU ARE A SOUTHERNER YOU ARE GOING TO BE MURDERED. THAT'S WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN DOING FOR YEARS.

Be safe,

Don't allow yourself to be Suyalized,

Go home during the election and return when the coast is clear.

Life is good.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by papercoin(m): 10:36am On Jan 05, 2015
"Had I known" is a brother to "mr Its too late". Person wey no get sense still get eyes...dem no dey beg sh#it to smell... Eyes wey dey cry still dey see road

Dem no dey sell sense for market.I don talk my own

1 Like

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by fkaz(m): 10:42am On Jan 05, 2015
President Jonathan failed to hearken to advice giving to him by many nigerians, here is one from prof Ben Nwabueze

One of Nigeria's most senior lawyers, Ben Nwabueze, has advised President Goodluck Jonathan to shelve his ambition for 2015 and focus on transforming the country.
This he said would make the President go down in history as a hero.
Mr. Nwabueze,an octogenarian Professor of Constitutional Law, stated his while fielding questions from journalists at the Presidential Villa after leading a group, "The Patriot" on a courtesy visit to Mr. Jonathan to submit their memorandum for transforming the nation through a national conference.
"I still believe ... that you cannot combine national transformation with contesting election. The two are so different, because once you get involved in the elections campaigns you undermine your authority to lead the nation for national transformation and I said if I were the President of Nigeria that I would restrict myself in serving the nation, in transforming this country in creating a new Nigeria in creating a new society that would be my concern and I would go down in history as a hero.
"So if Mr President does that he would become an instant hero to this country, but it is for him to choose, if I were him, I would choose to become a hero to lead the country into transformation and abandon the ambition of a second term, that is what I said and I still stand by it and that is what I would do if I were the President of the country, but unfortunately, I'm not," he said.

1 Like

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by LRNZH(m): 11:29am On Jan 05, 2015
1LRNZH:
Even to go shopping now in the north is a scary proposition before one bomb blast or Boko Haram attack will happen.

Since GEJ cannot guaranty our safety, by providing adequate security we have no choice but to leave and hence be disenfranchised.

Fr. Mbaka, Redeemed Pastors are a shining beacon in a vast wilderness of darkness for requesting and preaching CHANGE.
Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 05, 2015
Almost all of my Relations, that stays mostly in Abuja came back last December, and will make another Second Coming this February.

3 Likes

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by ikweremilitant: 11:43am On Jan 05, 2015
1LRNZH:

Fr. Mbaka is a shining beacon in a vast wilderness of darkness for requesting and preaching CHANGE.
mumu stay their in d north vote 4ur gmb and defend d vote their,dnt cm down south to spreed ur terminal disease called ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by Juliaann(f): 11:46am On Jan 05, 2015
zimoni:
Abuja, Benue and Kogi States are save in my own opinion. I wouldn't call Kwara North.

I'm based in Abuja, I may go home (Osun State) or stay here depending on the days of holidays given by FG.

Any state apart from Benue, Abuja and Kogi is not save in my own opinion. Not even Nasarawa.

My advise for Southerners living in Far or Core North is to travel home for the election and return to their respective bases when the coast is clear.

Because,

Buhari is going Win the election and INEC is going to Declare Jonathan as the winner, then THEY SHALL START THE KILLINGS AS USUAL IN THE NORTH.

WHEN THE KILLINGS START, THEY DON'T ASK WHETHER YOU ARE YORUBA OR IGBO OR SS, SO FAR YOU ARE A SOUTHERNER YOU ARE GOING TO BE MURDERED. THAT'S WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN DOING FOR YEARS.

Be safe,

Don't allow yourself to be Suyalized,

Go home during the election and return when the coast is clear.

Life is good.

Cheers.
Balderdash

2 Likes

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by LRNZH(m): 11:58am On Jan 05, 2015
ikweremilitant:
mumu stay their in d north vote 4ur gmb and defend d vote their,dnt cm down south to spreed ur terminal disease called ignorance.

You're Ikwerre abi?

You dey miss the spaceship o. Even Amaechi don enter this ship.
Your GEJ don dey humble when him see MEN dem.

1 Like

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by zimoni(f): 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
Juliaann:
Balderdash

Why are you pained nah?

Shey I lied nii?

We all know what you guys have to offer Nigeria are Almajiri, Killings and Bombings.

2011 is still Fresh in our Memories.

Anything that would lead to disintegration of Nigeria into pieces is okay my me.

Oodua Republic on my mind.

God punish devil.

To Hell With One Naijariya.

One Nigeria My Foot.

What Devil Has Joined Together, God Almighty Shall Eventually Put Asunder.

1 Like

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by Juliaann(f): 12:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
zimoni:

Why are you pained nah?

Shey I lied nii?

We all know what you guys have to offer Nigeria are Almajiri, Killings and Bombings.

2011 is still Fresh in our Memories.

Anything that would lead to disintegration of Nigeria into pieces is okay my me.

Oodua Republic on my mind.

God punish devil.

To Hell With One Naijariya.

One Nigeria My Foot.

What Devil Has Joined Together, God Almighty Shall Eventually Put Asunder.
grin read my signature

1 Like

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
Juliaann:
Balderdash
What is balderdash about what he posted??,. You this academic dunce •

1 Like

Re: Southerners In The North - Will You Travel Out During Election? by zimoni(f): 12:32pm On Jan 05, 2015
Juliaann:
grin read my signature

Fvck your signature.

This thread is for Southerners not Almajiris.

You shouldn't have quoted me.

Like I earlier posted, 2011 is still fresh in our memories.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Osinbanjo, Fashola And Oshiomole Live On Channels Tv From Edo / I Opiaoku Challenges Anybody Willing To Bet 30k (#30000) Against Febuary 14 / See How People Hijack Pdp's Sponsored Trend On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.