Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees (67418 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Carissa Sharon; Lovely New Photos / Types Of People You'll Find At The Crossover Service. / Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2015
oluwatobi75:
Lol,maybe you should ask AY,Tee-A,etc why they sell tickets even though they do it for profit making,why they sell tickets to control crowd.Its so funny how people see the beauty of the church today and they never wanna know how the financial aspect fare,all they wanna know is "Pastors are thieves".Well for that scripture,the BIBLE says Jesus told the woman who asked him to come cast out a demon from her daughter,and Jesus replied her,"it's not meet to give what belongs to the children to the dogs",now Jesus said "Freely have you received,freely give",why did the woman have to get her miracle at a cost,because she had to answer well before she got the miracle,she didn't get it easily because Jesus told her she had answered well and because of that she got her miracle.If Jesus said He was sent to the lost one of Israel first,why can't the 31st night service for the ministry be for the members first and those outside who want to be a part of it must really show they are willing to be a part of it by working for itand even the work is easy,all they need to do is go to a branch and humbly ask for a ticket by letting them know they can't afford it and it would be given unto them...Study the word better bro and get a deeper understanding of the word to show thyself approved and dividing the word of truth wink

Hmm....so Jesus was selling miracles, eh?

Good afternoon.....and follow Christ,not men like Pastor Chris.

1 Like

Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
Osahon7:

Why didn't they use "First come First serve basis"?when the church capacity gets filled they lock the gate! Or better still why didn't dey distribute the ticket free to their regular members prior to the 31st night! I guess you are a BLW member?
Being a BLW member is not the point here but Yes,I am...The first come,first serve basis is most times about time bro.Lemme paint a picture for you...A Deacon of a branch in Abule-egba has to be in the LCA(Loveworld Convocation Arena) the auditorium for the 31st night but he closed from work 5pm that day and he had to rush to the venue and got there about 7:30 and the seats had gotten filled and he's been planning for the programme since and he's a Deacon in church....what then is the importance of his position?....The first come,first serve isn't even scriptural,everyone who comes would be given same.
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Onyeka32(m): 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
Belike say na joke lol grin
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Dragonking: 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Creamish:

God will judge... U know y i said it? cos its my opinion & derz rily nuttn (if u want to b sincere wit urself) dat u can do about it smiley ... U can take a gun and shoot him down cos what he just did is far worse than what uv been doing all ur life. Ur just like those guyz who picked up stones to kill the adulterous woman in the bible.

Ur d one who does not know the difference btw exposing a wrong act and judging. First of all, im not a huge fan of the guy...never attended his church, never will.. and i found one of his tele-sermons rather disturbing.... If u want to expose him, do an article in the dailies or go ahead, fake a need to testify @ his church & expose him when u have the mic in ur hands...

Good luck! smiley

You actually said nothing with no backing..I dont need to write an article to expose a fake pastorpreneur when i can simply tweet about it, facebook it or post it on nairaland... undecided

The lame excuses you lot keep giving such pastors who deprive people from worshiping their God becos of selfish gain is pitiful, saying that we should keep quiet that God will judge them.

News flash lady: God will not come down from heaven to sue or deal with any fake/erring pastor rather he will open the eyes of men and use them to expose and shame the randy pastor.

2 Peter 2:3 King James Version (KJV):

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Ephesians 5 vs 11: Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Goodluck being scared of exposing wrong, when you could have saved some people of being exploited.

2 Likes

Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

You just showed me "how much" you know...lolz,who said Jesus was selling miracles...We talking about response to the things of God,you're talking merchandise,well don't worry,I'm done replying you.One thing,Christ Embassy members are followers of Christ,joint heirs with Christ,Pastor Chris is our Group leader and we are not complaining grin
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by makhez019(m): 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
One tin ya shld understand is dat, dis religious leaders (priest pastors alfa and imam etc) re all bunch of thieves. Assuming fela dhe alive today, and he has his own church I swear I for be worker dere. Its a pity dat we still fall prey to all dis thieves. D oda day, papa Adeboye said he has seen d person dat will take over from him shortly after d son became a pastor, oyedipo in his own wisdom placed his son in charge of U.K and d oda in SA, while his daughters kip marrying pastors children, kumuyi, after telling oda women to dress like old people in their wedding his son did wedding and d lady exposed her breast and did make up. All dis is happening and yet ya see people supporting dem and worshipping dem like godz, I pity dose fools dat just fold ands and let one bastard use dem money to build empires for dem children. I know wen dey die dem gonna will d church to dem kids. Waiting for dat day anxiously!

3 Likes

Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Creamish(f): 1:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
Dragonking:

You actually said nothing with no backing..I dont need to write an article to expose a fake pastorpreneur when i can simply tweet about it, facebook it or post it on nairaland... undecided

The lame excuses you lot keep giving such pastors who deprive people from worshiping their God becos of selfish gain is pitiful, saying that we should keep quiet that God will judge them.

News flash lady: God will not come down from heaven to sue or deal with any fake/erring pastor rather he will open the eyes of men and use them to expose and shame the randy pastor.

2 Peter 2:3 King James Version (KJV):

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

Ephesians 5 vs 11: Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Goodluck being scared of exposing wrong, when you could have saved some people of being exploited.

Ur opinion. Dont waste it on me.. U still dont get it... Im not a fan. Couldn't care less if u shot him now. Direct this to the gullible ppl who queued up to pay N1000... I was in bed dat night..enjoyin my crossover sleep. smiley
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
sharkhead:

I have questions for u and if only u wl sincerely attempt to answer them U wl c wat u wrote up there as "SENSE" wt d prefix "NON"
Question 1
Is this d first time they are having cross over service in that place that they ddnt anticipate that crowd?
Question 2
Must everybody converge in dt one venue when it can b shown on screen in dia branches abi na only dt place dy lagos? Actually ccrossed over in a church where d servic was done ds way!
Question 3
Better still, what stops d church frm havin d service in a stadium if they anticipated that much crowd?

If u kno wat is right to do and u dnt do it-its called sin...if they know d answer to ol d mentioned n dy ddnt do it but chose to (a)extort money from people (b) send people away from God's house-(dt is if they c as such) then the Bible calls it....SIN!
Since this act of extortion started in 2011 as d article stated...its qite obvios u folks dnt give a damn wat we say because u have a market of gullible people in Nigeria but wat is not right no matter hw u try to justify wont make it right! Gosh..u r even tryin to justify wt scriptures!
1)Ths church anticipated such crowds that's why tickets were provided....2)Not everbody must converge there because there is live streaming at branches and on Television but everyone wants to be there not the Pastor's fault......3)If you have a house about the same size with an event venue,where will you prefer to celebrate your Birthday regarding costs?..I believe your questions are answered smiley
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
Darkrebel:

that was a joke dummy...call that a paradox ... I intentionally did that
. . . . You Looking for a deceitful way out, just like the devil you believe in?! You better believe in God, he gave you the life you are living, with just a snap of his fingers, you wil be gone. I pray for you to live a good life dude,. A fool says in his heart that there is no God. The End!
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by blackjack21(m): 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
mencade4:
lol.....we must set people free..........the time for hiding the truth is over.

Wishing you best. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by otokx(m): 1:29pm On Jan 06, 2015
What can we say? to everyone his own.
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Dragonking: 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
Creamish:

Ur opinion. Dont waste it on me.. U still dont get it... Im not a fan. Couldn't care less if u shot him now. Direct this to the gullible ppl who queued up to pay N1000... I was in bed dat night..enjoyin my crossover sleep. smiley

I understand you but my only point is that you should stop saying "let God be the Judge"..This is what makes these con men to continuously exploit the children of God..It is wrong...even jesus had to use whip to chase out the money doublers in the temple.
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by ashbishop(m): 1:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
I jst hate this churcH
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by username792: 1:31pm On Jan 06, 2015
SMH at these men who apoint (sp) themselves 'men of God' but are nothing but GREEDY DEMONS!

So they are basically saying that 'real worshippers' are the richer ones ??

Poor poor poor Jesus, look at what they are doing to your people and how they are tarnishing your name!
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by stayblack: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
Monkeys ,na today Day Break.
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Dragonking: 1:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
oluwatobi75:
1)Ths church anticipated such crowds that's why tickets were provided....2)Not everbody must converge there because there is live streaming at branches and on Television but everyone wants to be there not the Pastor's fault......3)If you have a house about the same size with an event venue,where will you prefer to celebrate your Birthday regarding costs?..I believe your questions are answered smiley

Read and understand the post below and stop decieving yourself. vvvv

Trafford:

When the disciple ask Jesus that the multitude be sent away for where they are in a desert and it's now late, that they may go to the villages and also buy themselves victuals. Jesus replied "They need not depart,give ye them to eat" even though there was nothing physical on ground before He performed the miracle of feeding 5000 men with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes (Matt. 14:13-21, Mark 6:30-44,Luke 9:10-17)
Jesus Christ at no time sent crowd away or try reduce the crowd. Using gate fee as a crowd control method is not the best as it may be misjudge by different quarters. There are other means to control crowd,first come method while the rest have to be in overflow, giving out a pass just as it is done in SCOAN for those going to the auditorium while the rest stay in overflow. Imposing that fine will only end up chasing the poor among the rich...We are coming to God for Him to lighten our load and not to add to it. We should try to check all possible solutions before making decisions especially the churches. Meanwhile I can't judge him because I'm not God

It is very wrong for the pastor to collect money and drive the rest away simply because they cannot pay the fee.
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Creamish(f): 1:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
Dragonking:

I understand you but my only point is that you should stop saying "let God be the Judge"..This is what makes these con men to continuously exploit the children of God..It is wrong...even jesus had to use whip to chase out the money doublers in the temple.

Granted.

Remember people differ. Some are active and some are passive. Ur active on issues like this...im passive. Our views culd differ on other subjects. Im not one to organise a crusade for things like this. If ppl felt they culd be blessed by giving N1000 to God regardless of the deceit on the part of the organizers, its left to God to judge & bless them or do as He pleases..as for those who were denied access simply because they culd not afford to pay, atleast they still have whatever change they had intact. They still saw 2015... great!

Im not dat dumb...but im not about to carry it on my head either. SO...let God be the judge. my stand. smiley
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by deevatee(f): 1:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
mencade4:
my sister......u r very correct.....i was there before......paid the usual thing, but years later, i discovered only few are genuinely called......many of them were never called.

Very true, its good to experience God.

During nysc, i stopped being hypocritic and wanted to stand for the truth and equality on both religion. No sentiments, but i was termed the devil among them. I didnt mind them, deep within me, i knew i was never bad.

This made me to stop worshipping with them, and do my own worshipping.

I have learnt to face the truth, say it as it is, nigerians hates that but we wont fall in line with that kind of mentality.

This nation must succeed and be great again.

Tanx sis.
tnx dea..its soothing to knw dat peeps like u are still in existence. Remain blessed
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by jaybee3(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2015
Creamish:

Granted.

Remember people differ. Some are active and some are passive. Ur active on issues like this...im passive. Our views culd differ on other subjects. Im not one to organise a crusade for things like this. If ppl felt they culd be blessed by giving N1000 to God regardless of the deceit on the part of the organizers, its left to God to judge & bless them or do as He pleases..

Im not dat dumb...but im not about to carry it on my head either. SO...let God be the judge. my stand. smiley

God is not in the business of doing trade by barter maam. Frankly, the gullible keeps getting scammed by these pastors because they have been brainwshed to give before expecting anything from God.
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by christemmbassey(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2015
oluwatobi75:
People should study and make deep findings before jumping into conclusions.I had a problem with this too a long time ago,but over the years I've seen the importance of this.The N1000 gate fee is not to extort money from members,Christ Embassy is one of the largest congregations in the world,and many people all round the world fly in to attend some very important meetings like the 31st all night,being a wall closed venue not open air,it's got a capacity limit of about 20,000 and in order to ensure those who come from various parts and the members who come from far places get a seat irrespective of what time they get to the venue,a ticket is being given,so that you know you have a seat irrespective of when you come as the church would not sell more tickets than the available seats in the auditorium.Now,the reason a fee is levied to the ticket is,most times people abuse free things,if its free that way,even some members of the church would hoard and start giving to people they know thereby making some others who want to get in unable to get into the auditorium,so a fee is levied to it to control monopoly of the tickets and may I say,different church branches in Christ Embassy pay for the tickets for some new converts and some random people who arent even part of the church yet,those who are on the street or whatever,they pay for them to gain access into the auditorium even if they can't afford it.So,summary is there are tickets to the auditorium to control crowd and a fee levied to it to control hoarding and its even scriptural maybe you should check out Mt15:26 smiley
this ur gospel sti'nks... Repent and be healed!!!
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by anigbajumo(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
deevatee:
I love you bro. kiss
pls respect d man of God
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Dragonking: 1:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
Creamish:

Granted.

Remember people differ. Some are active and some are passive. Ur active on issues like this...im passive. Our views culd differ on other subjects. Im not one to organise a crusade for things like this. If ppl felt they culd be blessed by giving N1000 to God regardless of the deceit on the part of the organizers, its left to God to judge & bless them or do as He pleases..as for those who were denied access simply because they culd not afford to pay, atleast they still have whatever change they had intact. They still saw 2015... great!

Good for you but if truly you are passive and not ready to carry it on your head, why should your firm stance be " Let God be the judge" This is a contradiction to your passive stance. If you want to be passive then you should just be a guest watching from afar but you arent, so dont claim being passive here.

1 Like

Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by makhez019(m): 1:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
damosky12:

I pity your soul..
pity who, i repeat all of dem oyedipo adeboye chris priest all of dem na thief. useless goats and criminals. how a pastor go get more dan one jet? oh! i pity d poor, i pity d poor so much, cos our money weh we suffer for dem dhe use am oppress us.
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by anigbajumo(m): 1:52pm On Jan 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Let God judge pls
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Drkunle007: 1:55pm On Jan 06, 2015

Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by LewsTherin: 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2015
Trafford:

Meanwhile I can't judge him because I'm not God

But you just did. Making an opinion about anything is making a judgement about that thing. Don't get me wrong, you did not commit any sin by judging especially as you obviously tried to form an opinion without malice. The Bible says judge righteously. John 7.24. The devil has deceived the world into thinking making a judgement is sin. That way, he can do whatever he likes and prevent the truth from being said by using the bible against Christians. Judge not! Touch not my annointed! And so-called Christians use those verses to avoid being held accountable.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try (judge. Why else is it called "trials" in court?) the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1 Like

Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Dragonking: 1:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
anigbajumo:
Let God judge pls

Will God come down from heaven and judge? Why did God say we should judge our fellow man/brothers but judge rightly if we arent even meant to judge at all? What is the essence of the book of judges in the bible if we arent meant to judge? abeg go siddon

2 Likes

Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Creamish(f): 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
Dragonking:

Good for you but if truly you are passive and not ready to carry it on your head, why should your firm stance be " Let God be the judge" This is a contradiction to your passive stance. If you want to be passive then you should just be a guest watching from afar but you arent, so dont claim being passive here.

Im not d one crucifying others for having a different opinion...am I? "Let God be the judge" is a simple 5-word statement dat dosnt involve much thinking or much typing. Does that still make me as active as u r? seriously? I dont have to be a guest to be passive.

Nwayz, I think u shuld focus on ur fellow active posters cos U wont rily gain much from me on this issue.. Go seek others to crush and crucify cos they dont feel as hurt as u do on this matter... I honestly, truly, couldnt care less. smiley
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Amadaz(m): 1:59pm On Jan 06, 2015
The reason for anyone going to a crossover service is to obtain spiritual upliftment throughout the coming year, why go to a place that give itself out as lacking the sole ingredient which you seek for
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by Creamish(f): 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
jaybee3:

God is not in the business of doing trade by barter maam. Frankly, the gullible keeps getting scammed by these pastors because they have been brainwshed to give before expecting anything from God.

Sweetheart, I recall saying I dont support what the pastor did. Pray tell how u intend to "un-brainwash" d gullible ppl?
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by deevatee(f): 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
anigbajumo:
pls respect d man of God
what's ur defition of a man of God..abeg hamatan dey I no wan talk too much. Even d bible says he's given us d abilty t test every spirits to knw which is of God..and we shud be careful not to follow doctrines dat are not of God..so oga,by Gods grace am privileged to posses d discercing spirit. Embrace God and experince him. Tnx
Re: Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees by anigbajumo(m): 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
Dragonking:

Will God come down from heaven and judge? Why did God say we should judge our fellow man/brothers but judge rightly if we arent even meant to judge at all? What is the essence of the book of judges in the bible if we arent meant to judge? abeg go siddon
Was it written in ur bible to judge the man of God?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ozubulu Catholic Church Shooting In Anambra: Police Reveal Reason For Attack / TB Joshua's Burial: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Top Nigerian Pastors Refuse To Attend / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.