Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka (1226 Views)

Swedish Bishop To Remove Crosses From Church And Mark Direction Of Mecca / PHOTOS: Fayose Visits Secretariat asks Civil Servants to Kneel down on the floor / Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by resty4(m): 6:59am On Jan 06, 2015
The Catholic Secretariat of Nigeria on Monday expressed concern over the “excesses” of a Roman Catholic Priest, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, whose recent comments on the 2015 general elections have continued to generate ripples.
Mbaka had in his New Year message slammed President Goodluck Jonathan, asking him to quietly resign from office.
While calling on the Catholic Bishop of Enugu Diocese, Bishop Callistus Onaga, to caution the priest, the CSN said Mbaka’s comments concerning the President and the forthcoming general elections were his personal opinion and not that of the Catholic Church.
Secretary-General of CSN, Rev Fr. Ralph Madu, in an interview withThe PUNCHin Abuja, said there were better ways for Mbaka to pass his message across “considering the explosive nature of this country.”
He said, “With the way the Catholic Church operates, he (Mbaka) belongs to a Diocese and it is the responsibility of his Bishop to draw his attention to that; the name of the Bishop of Enugu Diocese is Bishop Callistus Onaga. The Bishop of Enugu Diocese should draw his attention to it; the (Catholic) Church doesn’t ignore such excesses because there is a procedure.
“If I get a vision to go and kill somebody, will I go and kill? That is what I am telling you, that people like him (Mbaka) have many followers and all over the world, they are the same. When they claim that the spirit is telling them something, who are you to question the spirit? But if the Holy Spirit is telling you something, you must say it in a manner that will forestall confusion and trouble. That is how things are done, it is not the Catholic Church that is speaking; it is just an individual, just one priest. I think if it is taken that way, it will be properly understood.”
According to him, some charismatic leaders “say so many things and most times, they claim they are getting their inspiration from the Holy Spirit or from God.”
He added, “Fr. Mbaka is a popular guy and not like the rest of us and what makes him popular are these prophecies and that is why people are following them. So, I think his Bishop can draw his attention to it.
“You know people like him have many followers and they celebrate them and they visit them for healing and many other spiritual pilgrimages. That is why they attract such type of crowd. Even though he doesn’t make much noise like us, they are the people who have their own followers, and that is why everybody is concerned.”
When asked what the Catholic Church says about visions and prophecies and whether the priest has not been deviating from the Catholic dogma, the CSN scribe said there were better ways of passing across such messages.
He said, “People get messages in visions but if you are talking of the sensitivity of what you are saying, that is the issue. Most times, even when people have the truth, you don’t open your mouth wide. You can be saying something that is true, but there are some ways of passing across that message in a way that it will be acceptable, considering the explosive nature of this country and many other factors.”
Before he “fell out” with Jonathan, Mbaka was one of the President’s supporters and was said to have endorsed him for re-election.
In November 2014, during the annual thanksgiving and bazaar organised by his church, which had many dignitaries, including the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu and wife of the President, Patience Jonathan, in attendance, Mbaka had reportedly said the President had “done well” and deserved another term in office.
He had said Jonathan could have accomplished more if not for “distractions,” adding that “campaigners have no reason asking the President to return the (Chibok) girls home since Mr. Jonathan was not keeping them. Jonathan is not a kidnapper.”http://www.punchng.com/news/catholic-secretariat-asks-enugu-bishop-to-caution-mbaka/
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by Olukokosir(m): 7:00am On Jan 06, 2015
hmmm... lemme read am first
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by jingh(f): 7:02am On Jan 06, 2015
religion behaving political

1 Like

Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by win1234: 7:31am On Jan 06, 2015
why must we Christians be washing our dirty linen in public. God help ur church in Nigeria. Destroy the spirit of denominationalism & tribalism & make us one in spirit.
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by ruffp: 7:48am On Jan 06, 2015
crazy people....they didnt say jack when he ran his tongue for jonathan,now he has recanted his words they r busy falling over themselves to caution him. This is exactly why so many have lost faith in the church...when those that claim God ordained them can't stand tall n speak the truth. Abi didnt the disciples of old confront the wicked leaders telling them of their atrocities and reminding them of God's visitation? Here what we have are con-men shamelessly lying to our faces.
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by ruffp: 7:52am On Jan 06, 2015
win1234:
why must we Christians be washing our dirty linen in public. God help ur church in Nigeria. Destroy the spirit of denominationalism & tribalism & make us one in spirit.

Which linen? Must ur linen be dirty? Reminds me of what Christ said about the jews(i think) whose life are like cups....they wash the outer areas clean so everyone thinks they are meanwhile inside the cup stinks to high heavens!!!!!
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by mazzi: 7:53am On Jan 06, 2015
This is why am proud of my catholic church.very desciplined.mbaka full my hand full time.GEJ...till 2015.
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by Trut(m): 7:54am On Jan 06, 2015
#BuhariShowYourCertificate

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by win1234: 7:55am On Jan 06, 2015
[quote
author=ruffp post=29532883]

Which linen? Must ur linen be dirty? Reminds me of what Christ said
about the jews(i think) whose life are like cups....they wash the outer
areas clean so everyone thinks they are meanwhile inside the cup stinks
to high heavens!!!!![/quote]
bros u hv ur dirty linen too, u r no saint.
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by Trut(m): 8:00am On Jan 06, 2015
ruffp:
crazy people....they didnt say jack when he ran his tongue for jonathan,now he has recanted his words they r busy falling over themselves to caution him. This is exactly why so many have lost faith in the church...when those that claim God ordained them can't stand tall n speak the truth. Abi didnt the disciples of old confront the wicked leaders telling them of their atrocities and reminding them of God's visitation? Here what we have are con-men shamelessly lying to our faces.

The media didn't hype the news when he supported GEJ
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by ruffp: 9:17am On Jan 06, 2015
Trut:

The media didn't hype the news when he supported GEJ

Well, thats normal. Patience visited, so of cuz it was in the media.....it wasn't news cuz we are used to hearing painted lies from various pulpits. It became news when he decided (probably outta a heavy heart and humbled spirit) to recant his words. The catholic hierachy was aware of the 1st sermon.....but becuz it was what they loved to hear,they turned a blind eye!
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by ruffp: 9:21am On Jan 06, 2015
win1234:

bros u hv ur dirty linen too, u r no saint.

I didnt say my linen isn't soiled.......but i am no pastor,priest,preacher or messenger of God...so i need not be the book others should read. They chose to be that book....thus they should live in truth-inside and outside!
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by Bitterleafsoup: 9:23am On Jan 06, 2015
ruffp:

Well, thats normal. Patience visited, so of cuz it was in the media.....it wasn't news cuz we are used to hearing painted lies from various pulpits. It became news when he decided (probably outta a heavy heart and humbled spirit) to recant his words. The catholic hierachy was aware of the 1st sermon.....but becuz it was what they loved to hear,they turned a blind eye!
How do you know they were aware of it? This is where I saw it.
Re: My Endorsement Of Jonathan In November Was A 'Spiritual Drama'
https://www.nairaland.com/2074795/endorsement-jonathan-november-spiritual-drama
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by ruffp: 9:32am On Jan 06, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
How do you know they were aware of it?
Re: My Endorsement Of Jonathan In November Was A 'Spiritual Drama' - Rev Fr Mbaka by biafranqueen: 9:26pm On Jan 03, this is when it was exposed.

The First Lady visited! Shuuuu, its not rocket science for u to know his superiors were fully aware of her visit. I am dead sure they would hv been even more aware of the financial contribution or otherwise that the presence of the FL brought with her!
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by Bitterleafsoup: 9:40am On Jan 06, 2015
ruffp:

The First Lady visited! Shuuuu, its not rocket science for u to know his superiors were fully aware of her visit. I am dead sure they would hv been even more aware of the financial contribution or otherwise that the presence of the FL brought with her!
Yes, but it was not used as a tool for Political propaganda like it was this time. Did you not read where he said himself that he tried to get her number, and she rebuked all his calls?
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by ruffp: 10:03am On Jan 06, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
Yes, but it was not used as a tool for Political propaganda like it was this time. Did you not read where he said himself that he tried to get her number, and she rebuked all his calls?

I think the more pertinent question to ask is........did he speak the truth? If the answer is "yes"....then its no propaganda!
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by Bitterleafsoup: 11:27am On Jan 06, 2015
ruffp:

I think the more pertinent question to ask is........did he speak the truth? If the answer is "yes"....then its no propaganda!
Wow! I don't know the God you serve, but the God I serve is not confused, already knows the outcome, and never talks from both sides. Frankly, I can care less what you and your fake prophet have to say, a retired warlord can never rule me a child of God. The spirit of God is never confused, so whatever you people worship goodluck!
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by ruffp: 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
Wow! I don't know the God you serve, but the God I serve is not confused, already knows the outcome, and never talks from both sides. Frankly, I can care less what you and your fake prophet have to say, a retired warlord can never rule me a child of God. The spirit of God is never confused, so whatever you people worship goodluck!

Its clear.....he erred the 1st time. Unlike the other unrepentant sinners,he came out openly to recant all he falsely said. In ur silence u have accepted that all he said the 2nd time was true....so what else do u want? He has made peace with his God. 2ndly, "the retired warlord" would lead u, and u will follow-you really dont have any other option as long as u r nigerian. Buckle up cuz change is on ur doorstep.
Re: Catholic Secretariat Asks Enugu Bishop To Caution Mbaka by ruffp: 12:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:

Its clear.....he erred the 1st time. Unlike other unrepentant sinners,he came out openly to recant all he falsely said. In ur silence u have accepted that all he said the 2nd time was true....so what else do u want? He has made peace with his God. 2ndly, "the retired warlord" would lead u, and u will follow-you really dont have any other option as long as u r nigerian. Buckle up cuz change is on ur doorstep.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Boko Haram Endorses Buhari. / 22 FAMOUS SAYINGS OF PRESIDENT JONATHAN / Developing: Sudden Division In APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.