Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? (171696 Views)

My Husband Rubs ‘Anointing Oil’ On His Manhood Before We Have Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by peteruuu(m): 10:41am On Jan 07, 2015
loomer:

we all did, but wetin man go do?
grin
ALL IZZ WELL cheesy

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Bibol(f): 10:43am On Jan 07, 2015
ireneony:
just go to Islamic section, when you want to comment, they will tell you..to believe in Allah not God and if you agreed, you can comment but if you don't, you can't comment..
Just try it

Yea I know all about that and I avoid that section. I still believe we are the light in this world, so we should show better examples. After all we won't take nairaland to heaven. You get my drift now?
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by JoeCutie(m): 10:45am On Jan 07, 2015
pacretus:
rien mon frere.
D'accord alors. C'est bon. smiley

Tu parle tres bien Française?

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Bibol(f): 10:46am On Jan 07, 2015
Mrken113:
you need not to have sex with your husband at that particular time,because its a time set outside for God and one need to be very holy and clean when relating to God

And sex with your spouse renders you very unholy and unclean when relating to God?

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Ozymog: 10:46am On Jan 07, 2015
OK read first few and last five......
Now my opinion

I now there is some where in the new testament that when a spouse is embarking on a long fast he/she must let the other know so as not to deprive the other sexually.

I am single, I see sex as intimate and spiritual.

I once told some friends I want to have my wedding where my house is so I can have my first night on my bed not a hotel bed.
Reason, mariagge is honourable with d bed undefiled. The matrimonial bed I see it as an altar for the married to dominate in d spirit, d two becoming one.
I think the couple can have sex not for pleasure but stir the realm of the spirit for (better) double reward for thier effort;since both of them fasting, with an understanding...
A theory am still trying to put my hand on ...... Like I said am single what do I know.
Experience is the best teacher but U don't have to go thru the experience Itself U learn from others.
hala me for more explanation if U care 08032877671 or maybe I will start a thread to get other peoples opinion.
Sowi for the long talk
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by JoeCutie(m): 10:46am On Jan 07, 2015
tunapius:
if u be woman now, i for knw d kind qstn wey i go ask u
Eeyah. tongue

2 Likes

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by lomprico(m): 10:46am On Jan 07, 2015
kristina1:
It's very wrong

When you fast,you are denying yourself pleasures,so as to be very closer to God

it's not right to have sex during fasting.
Dem no dey break d fast again? When u break u can den do.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Vyntra(m): 10:49am On Jan 07, 2015
what if they are fasting become of childlessness?
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by bosun11(m): 10:49am On Jan 07, 2015
kristina1:
It's very wrong

even when they are married..HUH
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by bosun11(m): 10:52am On Jan 07, 2015
I still dont understand the replies am seeing ere neither do i have an answer to the question the OP brought but for crying out loud, you mean married couples are not supposed t have sex with their wives for about 40 days because they are fastinghuh mehn that would be difficult!!!..After breaking the fast each day, cant they have sex? or whats d big deal there??
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by chiogoezubem(f): 10:55am On Jan 07, 2015
robosky02:

with the new year around. lots of churches seem to be holding fasting programme. raging from 7 days to as much as 100 days fasting. a question that was put to me by a newly wedded woman is this:

"What scriptures teach that fasting and/or refraining from sex during a fast, and/or denying oneself lovemaking to your spouse? I am a newlywed and my husband told me that when a person fasts he/she cannot have sexual relationships. You must deny your flesh of all pleasures. Is it true? What scriptures back this up?"

thus my question to the house

it is proper to have sex during fasting period?
or
what level of intimacy is ok?
or
how should one behave is is total abstannace eg for those doing 100 days?

note this is very seroius. so your contribution is vital

thanks

Go and read 1Corinthians Chapter 7, from verse 1 to verse 6.

Read with understanding, I must say.

Enjoy your fast. grin
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by ellechrystal(f): 10:56am On Jan 07, 2015
elantraceey:
Hmmmmm , this one pass me.

There's no scripture backing that up sha but i kind of agree with her husband.
There is my dear
1st Corinthians 7:5
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by adeolu17(m): 10:57am On Jan 07, 2015
dacoolvik:
I have always had this same question on my mind. E.g The fasting for RCCG is for 40 days. Does it mean they will stay apart for 40days? Or can they come together after breaking the fast each day?
You can have have sex after the breaking of the fasting.Our daddy Adeboye even said newly couples are exemption from the fasting.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by musaffyan(m): 10:58am On Jan 07, 2015
robosky02:

3.The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband.
4 The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.
5 Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satano will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

1 Corinthians 7:3–5

how does this apply

I m not sure wat scripture is dat but ur rite, non of d spouses should deny each other of sex dats d reason marriages were created in first place,
Cus am sure we all cant be Christ or saint without no sins of d flesh

(Dats can't b true)
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by ireneony(f): 10:58am On Jan 07, 2015
Bibol:

Yea I know all about that and I avoid that section. I still believe we are the light in this world, so we should show better examples. After all we won't take nairaland to heaven. You get my drift now?
sorry to say, I don't concord....
They're allowed to comment in every section, while the christians and non-christians are not allow to comment in their section..
I call that kind of a act barbaric.
We are not living in the 1900, this is the 21st century.
Where is the freedom of association, last time I checked, this is a social network where everyone is supposed to socialize not restrict others just because they don't share the same view with them.
How is someone saying the truth is equivalent to hate or being harsh.
Good day!

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Bibol(f): 11:00am On Jan 07, 2015
ireneony:
sorry to say, I don't concord....
They're allowed to comment in every section, while the christians and non-christians are not allow to comment in their section..
I call that kind of a act barbaric.
We are not living in the 1900, this is the 21st century.
Where is the freedom of association, last time I checked, this is a social network where everyone is supposed to socialize not restrict others just because they don't share the same view with them.
How is someone saying the truth is equivalent to hate or being harsh.
Good day!

I think Seun should be the one you should direct that to. Obviously he doesn't share the same sentiments so let's just cope. Good day to you too
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by elantraceey(f): 11:02am On Jan 07, 2015
ellechrystal:

There is my dear
1st Corinthians 7:5

Wow , thanks , just saw that but he added in the next verse that he didn't give it as a comandment , that should mean it's not compulsory.

1 Like

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by musaffyan(m): 11:06am On Jan 07, 2015
bukatyne:

This clearly answers the question especially the bolded:

If the wifey doesnot agree with hubby, then it is a sin for hubby to deny wifey of her martial right tongue

Sin or no sin d man is just preserving energy
Don't u get it (haaba)
Yule tide just past every body become pastors
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by searay(m): 11:07am On Jan 07, 2015
ireneony:
go tell that one to your papa....this is strictly for people that are intellectual, your opinion are not needed
thank you sweetheart, thank you again. For giving me the first mention this year. I love you. Kissessssssssssss

Modified:
Woman why are you so arrogant? Pride will take so many things from you, so work on yourself and learn to interprete beyond the literal.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by luluosas(m): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2015
1 Corinthians 7:3-5. Bible In Basic English (BBE)
3 Let the husband give to the wife what is right; and let the wife do the same to the husband.
4 The wife has not power over her body, but the husband; and in the same way the husband has not power over his body, but the wife.
5 Do not keep back from one another what is right, but only for a short time, and by agreement, so that you may give yourselves to prayer, and come together again; so that Satan may not get the better of you through your loss of self-control."

My own contribution to this post is that yes, the Bible says sex should be avoided for a short time between married couples only, and never between married people and a church. Therefore, a couple is free to undergo at most 3 days dry fasting if that is what they agreed on without any form of sexual relationship in the process. There is no problem here at all.
However, embarking on a church organized fasting and prayers for either 10, 20, 40, 70 or 100 days, does NOT apply in this regard. This is because you are NOT married to the church but to your husband. And moreover, the church's fasting and prayer period is broken daily which after then you are free to have sex with your wife and husband. Hope this short piece help.
GOD bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by teekay213(m): 11:18am On Jan 07, 2015
yes,1corinthians7,3:5 said it all.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Ozymog: 11:19am On Jan 07, 2015
@chiogoezubem U are a darling I knew there was a scripture like that not sure d verse
@robosky2 it all boils down to Ur understanding to apply it if d couple can't fit hold body after a while they can come together.
Maybe try reading that scripture in other translations for better understanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by samplegirl(f): 11:21am On Jan 07, 2015
faithfulwife:
I personally don't think there is anything wrong in having sex while fasting. Sex is a sin if done outside marriage but is holy if done in marriage. I can only say d frequency of sex during fasting should be limited but not totally stopped.

Tell me you are confused!
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Ozymog: 11:27am On Jan 07, 2015
@samplegirl, faithfulwife is not confuse. I agree with kunlap. Like food we restrict sex.
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by kunlap: 11:27am On Jan 07, 2015
I support the idea of faithful wife.sex is restricted to some extent during fasting or could be in the evening after you have broken the fast except its a dry fast then it wont be advisable cos u use up strength which wont be replenish cos you are not going to eat. smiley
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Muzikluva(m): 11:31am On Jan 07, 2015
kristina1:
It's very wrong

Very true_the flesh must be denied pleasures while fasting.By the way @Op,edit your topic _"it is" should be "is it" and your abstinence is spelt wrongly!
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by musaffyan(m): 11:31am On Jan 07, 2015
Hey what's all dis? Wet or dry fasting if any couple are Hot its allowed in religious way for dem to hmm hmm,

Den y unification of marriages? If sex is denied at any time without agreement afterall marriage is also another way of worshipping d creator
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by InZA: 11:37am On Jan 07, 2015
Where would the energy even come from? undecided
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by PrinceBYC: 11:37am On Jan 07, 2015
As a couple, you don't have to abstain from sex for the whole duration of the fasting period..e.g 3 ,7, 21,40, 100days etc. More often than not, we break the fast in the evening. So after you have broken the fast, 'the work of God' can continue up till 11:59pm grin. Its a different case if you are going without food throughout the duration though ( a case of dry fasting).
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by jenie10(f): 11:37am On Jan 07, 2015
Think abt dis; on a normal day, u eat and enjoy urself and it is not a sin, wen u fast, u are depriving ur self of earthly pleasure 4 a while. So u need to deprive urself of sex wit ur husband too. If u no u can't control ur sexual desire, dnt join d prayers, say ur normal prayer. For u to get sumtin, u must sacrifice sumtn
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by femi4: 11:38am On Jan 07, 2015
robosky02:

with the new year around. lots of churches seem to be holding fasting programme. raging from 7 days to as much as 100 days fasting. a question that was put to me by a newly wedded woman is this:

"What scriptures teach that fasting and/or refraining from sex during a fast, and/or denying oneself lovemaking to your spouse? I am a newlywed and my husband told me that when a person fasts he/she cannot have sexual relationships. You must deny your flesh of all pleasures. Is it true? What scriptures back this up?"

thus my question to the house

it is proper to have sex during fasting period?
or
what level of intimacy is ok?
or
how should one behave is is total abstannace eg for those doing 100 days?

note this is very seroius. so your contribution is vital

thanks
Yes, you can have se.x, its not dry fasting. A lot of people do take water while fasting
Re: It Is Proper To Have Sex During Fasting Period? by Kruzilano(m): 11:45am On Jan 07, 2015
Where will he/she get the strength from?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Your Personality Is Shaped By Your Month Of Birth / Funbact A Or Skinneal? Which Is Beta? / Black Parents, White Blond Baby Not Albino (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.