Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria - Agriculture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria (50119 Views)

Can You Supply Us With Good Agric Products? We Will Provide You With Capital. / Step-by-step Guide To Rearing Ostriches Profitably In Nigeria. / Snail Farming Exposed - A Complete Free Guide To Profitable Snail Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:53pm On Sep 29, 2020
Want to sell your agroproducts,then this is the thread to digest
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:27pm On Nov 11, 2020
#DoAgric....itPays
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:27am On Jan 10, 2022
Nigeria farmers produce one of the lowest yield in the world.

Major staples produce by both US and Brazil (corn � and soybean )average yield is about 5 tons and 1.5tons respectively while we are struggling to produce 0.5tons in both staple crop.

It's not that they have a better climatic condition to grow these crops but its due to so many factors that can be controlled and the ones beyond our control.

First,in this part of the world,we don't prepare our land well.

Hardly will you see a farmer do plouging twice as well as harrowing before planting.

If your land is not well prepared,it will affect your yield.

Also,the plant population during planting also plays an important role in the yield you are going to get at harvesting time.

You can't compare the yield of an acre of land with 1000 plant population to an acre of land with 10,000 plant population

That's why I advise against conducting your planting operation with Cutlass.

Mechanized planter should be used and at worse case scenario,use manual planter.

Assuming Mr A produces 5 tons of corn on an acre and Mr B have 1 ton from the farm.

At average price of N200,000 per ton

Mr A's revenue will be N1,000,000 per acre while Mr B's revenue will be N200,000.

If Mr A is cultivating 100acres or more,that should give you a glimpse of what he will be getting at the end of the harvest.

At the end of the day,it boils down to my yield against yours.

As 2022 season is closing in,we need to keep improving so that we can continue to get better in terms of yield on our farm projects.

You want to make 7 Figure Income this year in agriculture,take note and follow through on this in your farm operations

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Johnnonye(m): 10:04am On Jan 10, 2022
I love this trend. This is the type of articles we should be seeing
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by alimology: 12:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
Are you a fish farmer or poultry farmer looking to increase your profit this Year? Then do so by reducing your cost of production using black soldier fly larvae to feed your animal.
Black soldier fly egg is available for sale in large quantity.
We also provide training on bsf production at a cheaper fees.
Or do you want us to simply setup your bsf facility for you?
Contact Ayobami on 07035418409 via WhatsApp

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:33pm On Jan 11, 2022
Johnnonye:
I love this trend. This is the type of articles we should be seeing
Thanks
Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:05am On Feb 07, 2022
Want to plant and harvest money on trees,read this!

A Chinese philosopher once stated that "the best time to plant an iroko tree is 20 years ago,the 2nd best time is now"

This ageless truth applies to our personal lives also.

Regardless of your past failures,missed opportunities,if you want to change, shape and improve your future,the time to start is now

9 years ago, my eyes were clearly opened to the opportunities in the cashew farm business in ogbomoso.

I was not happy because I thought “why didn't I discovered this years later and then it's going to take cashew 4 long years to reach maturity.

Nonetheless,we started and looking back now,I am happy we kickstart the cashew farm business then.

The cashew that I thought will take 4 long years is now mature and ready for harvesting.

The 4 years has come and gone but the money making opportunity started then will continue to yield nuts for many decades to come.

The season of cashew is here again and it's time to start harvesting money on the trees.

You are 35,40,45years old now and you think cashew,oilpalm,cocoa will take 5 years before you start getting your returns,

Whether you start it or not,you will be 40,45 or 50 years old in 5 years and you will regret not starting it 5 years earlier.

The best time to plant iroko tree is 20 years ago,the next best time is NOW!

1 Like

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:12am On Feb 23, 2022
Letter to agric investors 2022

Dear prospective agric investor,

I wrote a letter in 2021 and I am writing another one in 2022 as a reminder to those who want to venture into agriculture.

I know you want to make money from agriculture and you want to make it bigThat's a good aspiration which require consistent efforts,time,learning/relearning for you to achieve that.

I also know that you might have been seeing or hearing "invest 50k,100k etc and earn 50%,70% in 6months"

What would you cultivate that you earn 50% in 6 months;which is about 100% in a year except if you are cultivating weeds.

Do not fall for it or create that mindset of agriculture being a 'getting quick,big roi or getting quick rich scheme' and go to invest blindly....I can assure you that disappointment and probably total loss will be the experience.

As an experienced farmer, and agro-investor ,agriculture provides a stream of income that may never dry for a lifetime if done properly and not quick riches.Taking the right decision,patience, and consistency is the code of the game.

Over the past few years,I have seen people leave their paying job and want to cash out of the quick riches agriculture present

Do not leave your job!

Your job should be a means to create that streams of income.

You cannot create and enjoy the streams of income in agriculture without money to invest.

As a graduate looking to start agribusiness,go and look for a job and gradually invest the little resources you are getting into agriculture or you go and start agricultural trading

Note that you can't create streams of income from agrotrading but it can give you income to leverage on to start your farm business properly.

Today alone,I have received more than 5 calls of people seeking advice/remedy that made the wrong investment because they are looking for 70% ROI in 6 months

It's better to be informed now and take necessary precaution than to make wrong investment and be seeking for remedy

This is my message for those that want to invest in agriculture come 2022

Have a blessed day

#waleagro#agriculture#agribusiness#ijebu#farm#farmestate#nigeria#lagos#ilorin#kwara#oyo#lagos#farming#farmbusiness#farmer

Re: Practical Guide To Profitable Marketing Of Agric Products In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:44am On Apr 05, 2022
Someone posted in the comment section about recent writeups encouraging food hoarding and I think I need to address that this morning

There is a great difference between hoarding food primarily to cause artificial food scarcity to make huge profit and providing storage facilities to extend the lifespan or to add value to it for better revenue.
Imagine having spent lot of money on cultivation of maybe tomatoes ,or any other perishable produce and lost it all to lack of storage or processing facilities or was taken advantage of by the value chain vultures (a.k.a the middlemen/women); paying far lesser amount than the market price.
Would it not be wise to provide these facilities in order protect yourself against those forces?

Afterall, regulatory marketing board that should fix a fair price for farmers' produce has been scrapped so it is now how you can add more value to your produce to get the best price

Don't let anyone guilt trip you

It is about getting the best reward for your efforts by reducing wastage on the farm and this can be done by providing facilities

Imagine a world where we have access to all of our food in fresh state all year round,this cannot be achieve if you don't have the enabling facilities.

Adding value to get the best price from your produce is the best way to go in the economic system we find ourselves
#agriculture

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

See Snake I Found On My Farm While Harvesting Cassava / Made In Nigeria Rice From Niger & Kebi States (Photos) / Starting A Plantain Farming.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.