Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan (1415 Views)

6 Sets Of People Who Are Praying For Buhari To Die & Their Reasons - Ngeneukwenu / 5 Sets Of Persons Who Betrayed Jonathan... And Nemesis Is Catching Up With Them / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 06, 2015
In my honest and humble opinion, I strongly believe , only these sets of people willl still vote for a continuation of jonathans

* The persons who re benefiting, or whose benefactors are benefiting directly from this government

* The persons who lack an adept understanding of our recent economic debacle and how we arrived here, and as thus still blinded by abject and pitiable sentiments.

* the very corrupt people that have stolen and ransacked the nation's treasury with impunity, and as thus are die hard on seeing their nefarious acts continue unhindered...

It is quite unfortunate, most of my friends and colleagues that happen to still support Mr. President bid fall into category 2..... also it is quite unfortunate most NLnders who still support him are into category 2......

As for those in category 2, I beg u all to get informed and vote for change. God bless

10 Likes

Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by rozayx5(m): 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2015
3 sets of people who will vote for buhari

1. Illiterates/ cattle rearers

2. Boko haram members

3. gambari slaves

12 Likes

Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by Flets: 4:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
Raymondenyi:
In my honest and humble opinion, I strongly believe , only these sets of people willl still vote for a continuation of jonathans

* The persons who re benefiting, or whose benefactors are benefiting directly from this government

* The persons who lack an adept understanding of our recent economic debacle and how we arrived here, and as thus still blinded by abject and pitiable sentiments.

* the very corrupt people that have stolen and ransacked the nation's treasury with impunity, and as thus are die hard on seeing their nefarious acts continue unhindered...

It is quite unfortunate, most of my friends and colleagues that happen to still support Mr. President bid fall into category 2..... also it is quite unfortunate most NLnders who still support him are into category 2......

I am ready to take you on the mis-givings particular to this current government. I would like to discuss the current state of the economy and how we got here.

Let me take my stand first.... GEJ is the best of the two options we' ve got now

Now marshal out your crisp points why Jonathan should not be re-elected... am waiting! !!!

2 Likes

Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by Basildvalour(m): 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
...And how many set of people do we have in Nigeria
Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 06, 2015
rozayx5:

2. Boko haram members

3. gambari slaves
From ur response it is obvious u fall into category 3, and for ur likes there is actually no remedy..... but we shall surely use our vote to banish corruption and stealing out of Nigeria..... We re the Majority and we shall defeat ur kind

FYI n for what it's worth.... I'm an ardent Niger deltan, born and bred.... (but I choose change, and a better Nigeria to sentiments and tribalism) God bless...

4 Likes

Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 4:58pm On Jan 06, 2015
op, What's the matter with you.
please respect everyone's right, everybody has the right to vote who they prefer, do you have a problem with that?. Even though a person wants to vote shekau, allow that person. Pathetic!
Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by major466(m): 5:02pm On Jan 06, 2015
rozayx5:

2. Boko haram members

3. gambari slaves
... In addition to those who will vote Buhari (lord Rarl)
4. Those who hate GEJ without a valid reason.

5. Those who are ignorant of history.

6. Pro Big government proponents who hate true Federalism.

7. The lazy born to rule elements who love easy oil money.

4 Likes

Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by rozayx5(m): 5:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
Raymondenyi:

From ur response it is obvious u fall into category 3, and for ur likes there is actually no remedy..... but we shall surely use our vote to banish corruption and stealing out of Nigeria..... We re the Majority and we shall defeat ur kind

FYI n for what it's worth.... I'm an ardent Niger deltan, born and bred.... (but I choose change, and a better Nigeria to sentiments and tribalism) God bless...

change from an illiterate who knows nothing about development
Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
Flets:

I am ready to take you on the mis-givings particular to this current government. I would like to discuss the current state of the economy and how we got here.

Let me take my stand first.... GEJ is the best of the two options we' ve got now

Now marshal out your crisp points why Jonathan should not be re-elected... am waiting! !!!
I like your person, u seem like an intellectual, and I'll take u head on , on your argument... I'll is discuss my points and add credible sources .. to them, for you to cross check

In 1999, when obasanjo came into power, our foreign reserve was about $1.5 billion, we had no excess crude account, our foreign debts was about $30 billion , by sheer providence and hard work, the man was able to build our foreign reserve to about $45 billion , started an excess crude account which he was able to build to about$ 22bn, our foreign debts were all cleared (for the 1st time in the history of any african nation, being debt free) this was in 2007, afterwards the Jonathan administration came in, by 2014, we have barely nothing in our excess crude accounts, our foreign reserve is about $30bn
(Had we sensible leaders, it should have rather appreciated to we'll over $100bn ) had we sensible leaders we should have saved over $150 bn in our excess crude (when our light crude was selling at about $100 per barrel) I forgot to add, our debt profile is now climbing to about $14 bn (and do not forget we re likely to borrow to fund almost 60%, of our budget) and it will still climb higher... those re the facts
My point is, which sensible govt.that has a mono economy(or even a poly economy) , refuses to save for the rainy days, had Mr. President saved for the rainy days like obasanjo, we wouldn't have been in this dire mess we re in now....
Why has Mr. President refused to see corruption as an evil, we must abolish for a nation to Thrive? Why has Mr. President through out his tenure refused to indict and convict anybody of corruption during his Time? But instead grant the convicted corrupt criminals presidential pardons... why has the feared EFCC suddenly become toothless, and now start dropping charges raised against corrupt people (case in sight, muhammad abacha)..

I am aware of some of his economic strides, I won't turn a blind eye... but u can't start addressing issues without treating the root cause of their initial failures ... It will only amount to an exercise in futility; we had a working railway cooperation before, why did it suddenly grow extinct? Ur guess is as good as mine...We have to understand these things and fight corruption which is the bane of our numerous problems before any economy can strive... because of the recent impunity, corruption and loot of public funds is now a credit

If i continue I won't stop, but ill want to end by writing (it was culled from a nlnder) "Nigeria is like a sieve, and u cannot continue feeding into it while it pores are patent, you'll only arrive at nothing" treat those pores...close them , only there and then shall bounty be your name. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
please respect everyone's right, everybody has the right to vote who they prefer, do you have a problem with that?. Even though a person wants to vote shekau, allow that person. Pathetic!
I also have the right to air my opinion; or don't I?
Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by Flye: 5:47pm On Jan 06, 2015
I used to say that it's only
(1) A blind man
(2) A SSycophant
(3) An illiterates
(4) A Seriously Corrupt individual and lovers of corruption
(5) A Sick fellow who does not know what is happening around him
Will be the ones that will want the status quo.

1 Like

Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 6:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
Raymondenyi:

You have, But you don't infringe on other people's own right because you're exercising your right. undecided
Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by Flets: 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
Raymondenyi:
I like your person, u seem like an intellectual, and I'll take u head on , on your argument... I'll is discuss my points and add credible sources .. to them, for you to cross check

In 1999, when obasanjo came into power, our foreign reserve was about $1.5 billion, we had no excess crude account, our foreign debts was about $30 billion , by sheer providence and hard work, the man was able to build our foreign reserve to about $45 billion , started an excess crude account which he was able to build to about$ 22bn, our foreign debts were all cleared (for the 1st time in the history of any african nation, being debt free) this was in 2007, afterwards the Jonathan administration came in, by 2014, we have barely nothing in our excess crude accounts, our foreign reserve is about $30bn
(Had we sensible leaders, it should have rather appreciated to we'll over $100bn ) had we sensible leaders we should have saved over $150 bn in our excess crude (when our light crude was selling at about $100 per barrel) I forgot to add, our debt profile is now climbing to about $14 bn (and do not forget we re likely to borrow to fund almost 60%, of our budget) and it will still climb higher... those re the facts
My point is, which sensible govt.that has a mono economy(or even a poly economy) , refuses to save for the rainy days, had Mr. President saved for the rainy days like obasanjo, we wouldn't have been in this dire mess we re in now....
Why has Mr. President refused to see corruption as an evil, we must abolish for a nation to Thrive? Why has Mr. President through out his tenure refused to indict and convict anybody of corruption during his Time? But instead grant the convicted corrupt criminals presidential pardons... why has the feared EFCC suddenly become toothless, and now start dropping charges raised against corrupt people (case in sight, muhammad abacha)..

I am aware of some of his economic strides, I won't turn a blind eye... but u can't start addressing issues without treating the root cause of their initial failures ... It will only amount to an exercise in futility; we had a working railway cooperation before, why did it suddenly grow extinct? Ur guess is as good as mine...We have to understand these things and fight corruption which is the bane of our numerous problems before any economy can strive... because of the recent impunity, corruption and loot of public funds is now a credit

If i continue I won't stop, but ill want to end by writing (it was culled from a nlnder) "Nigeria is like a sieve, and u cannot continue feeding into it while it pores are patent, you'll only arrive at nothing" treat those pores...close them , only there and then shall bounty be your name. Thank you.

I promised to take you on intellectually and that promise I must keep. The summary of your submission are depleting foreign reserve, growing debt profile, non-diversification of the economy, corruption/ non-prosecution of corrupt politicians and non-sustainability of public infrastructure.

On depleting foreign reserve and growing debt profile, you made reference to Obasanjo's regime. Let me start by saying that both government dispensations are worlds apart and the comparison is such as comparing apple with oranges. Obj met and managed a nascent democracy without opposition and security challenges. Details below:
Firstly, do you have an idea how much we spend on security per annum under the GEJ administration? Let me give you a hint http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/boko-haram-nigeria-s-defence-budget-gulps-32-88bn-says-apc/188650/. We have spent over $32.88billion on security alone and where do you think these funds come from? Are you of the view that Bokoharam should not be fought or dealt with? Hope you are aware that our military hardware has not been upgraded since after the civil war? The Buharis, IBB, OBJ etc came along and squandered the funds meant to equip the military over time. Now GEJ is trying to equip a 30 year deficient military in just 3 years.... where do you think that money is coming from since its not fully taken care of by the budget.... your guess is good as mine, Foreign reserve.
Secondly, let me remind you that GEJ signed the sovereign investment authority into law in May 2011 to manage the sovereign wealth funds which was also a reserve, unfortunately the state governors headed by Fashola and Amaechi insisted that the funds be put back into the federation account and disbursed to the states... here is the link http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-20/nigeria-plans-to-boost-capital-of-sovereign-wealth-fund.html. That money was finally squandered by the state governors and you are here blaming GEJ and exonerating the governors
Thirdly and in conclusion, part of the reserves and borrowing have been used in shoring/ buffering the Naira in the foreign exchange market, otherwise it would have been 1 dollar – 200naira just because previous governments refused to diversify the economy. http://www.oecdobserver.org/news/fullstory.php/aid/4202/Central_Bank_of_Nigeria:_Reforms_drive_robust_macroeconomic_environment_and_engender_financial_stability.html
As such security and economy are key sectors that must be taken care of and foreign reserves/ borrowing are one of the very few option to achieve that.

Non-diversification of the Economy
I was a bit surprised you even mentioned this. All governments preceding GEJ are guilty of this subject except GEJ. GEJ is the only president who has shown real commitment to the diversification of the economy. If previous presidents did half of what GEJ has done so far, we would have been long gone by now.
Agriculture is the future of Nigeria and not oil.... this govt understands that and has worked it. The automobile industry is the future of manufacturing in Nigeria. ... this is being worked as the drive is to have the spare parts get manufactured in-country after the era of assembly plants are concluded. The power sector is not business as usual. It is on the path of self improvement in the hands of the private sector. Constant power will take funds, equipment and time but more than ever... its within sight. New foreign competitiors whose bids are already with the ministry of power will be introduced by 2016. The gas gathering project in Delta is a huge boost for the power sector and other sectors. Oil and gas downstream deregulation is the next big thing with massive potential for revenue, employment etc. Dangote's refinery is coming up speedily. ... other investors will come in at the removal of subsidy. Foreign direct investment is at its all-time high despite our local challenges.
I can categorically tell you that all Nigeria needs to do is just sustain these policies and we will be a world economy by 2020. We need to quit emotions and focus on the goal/ target.

Corruption/ non-prosecution of corrupt politicians
I expected you to mention this subject and you did not fail me. Corruption is almost as old as Nigeria. Its not new neither am I playing it down. The only reason we shout like its worse now is because GEJ signed the freedom of information bill… otherwise we would have been looming in the dark as usual. Lets get factual, how many efforts have been made in the past to rid Nigeria of corruption and what was the effect?. Under democracy, only the judges can pronounce a person corrupt but unfortunately the judges are even more corrupt that the suspect. Politicians pay their way through the courts, lawyers and judges. Obasanjo fooled us by using EFCC to pursue his enemies and we felt he was fighting corruption… but I ask to what end?, where were the prosecuted?, Did it stop corruption? Was it not same judges declaring the same people non-guilty after Obj left office? Is Obj not corrupt himself? How can the corrupt prosecute the corrupt?... It is almost impossible to fight corruption under our current democracy as everyone within the food chain is almost as corrupt as the other.

Let me surprise you, GEJ is the only man that has fought corruption in a way the fight can be sustained and permanent. Only the right institutions and systems can discourage corruption and get it stamped out in our society. E.g., GEJ introduced the e-wallet system and put to end the corruption in fertilizer distribution to farmers. GEJ introduced the biometric registration in the civil service and tat fixed the issue of ghost workers. If we Nigerians agreed to take out subsidy on refined product and rather subsidize the price of crude to local refineries, we would have permanently dealt with the subsidy corruption and we would have since de-regulated the downstream sector. The next set of actions is for Nigerians to force all state governors to sign the freedom of information bill. With that all allocations from the FG to the states will be on an e-system which can be viewed by anyone. And the expenditure of all funds can be kept live for realtime e-access.
Trust me, that is the way to go in fighting corruption. If we are to jail corrupt Nigerians, there won’t be enough jails. Put the right systems in place and watch corruption become non-existent. The next time anyone promises of fighting and prosecuting corrupt people by corrupt judges and corrupt law enforcement agents… ask him how? Its not rocket science… its impossible.

As per the presidential pardons …. Ask yourself the same simple question, where these people jailed by incorruptible persons? Under what context were they accused or jailed? As a matter of fact, they were less corrupt by the same people who jailed them. Selective fight against corruption breeds more sophisticated corruption. Lets support GEJ to put the right systems in place and watch corruption disappear

On the issue of non-sustainability of public infrastructure, mediocrity and non-productivty entrenched in our system by free oil money and quota system is purely responsible. That is the reason for privatization and concessions like we’ve seen under the GEJ government. Its no more business as usual, it must be profitable….. that shall be the case of the railways, power sector etc. We need to start reasoning beyond our noses and stop pursuing short term cheap gains… we need to keep our eyes on the future and put the right systems in place. So that irrespective of who becomes president, at least the basic stuffs must be taken care of.

Am available for clarifications.

cc: rozayx5, major466, SeverusSnape

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by Flets: 1:22pm On Jan 07, 2015
Raymondenyi:

Still awaiting your counter points
Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 4:24am On Jan 26, 2015
Flets:

Still awaiting your counter points
sire, will u b kind n atient enough to please read this interview byy charles soludo(former CBN governor), it sums up everyhing u need to know,albeit its lengthy, but ill inform u aright (cus I strongly believe U re not very well informed) when u done with that we can converse!!!

http://saharareporters.com/2015/01/25/buhari-vs-jonathan-beyond-election-chukwuma-charles-soludo
Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 4:46am On Jan 26, 2015
You forgot to include PDP e rats in the list.
Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by fitzmayowa: 4:54am On Jan 26, 2015
SeverusSnape:

This is the issue i have with most of this APC e - warriors, they lack respect for other people's opinion, forgetting that not everybody will vote for GEJ or GMB...

They would rather insults those that don't agree with them, than sell their "messiah" to the public...SMH

1 Like

Re: Only 3 Sets Of People Will Vote For Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 6:19am On Jan 26, 2015
fitzmayowa:

This is the issue i have with most of this APC e - warriors, they lack respect for other people's opinion, forgetting that not everybody will vote for GEJ or GMB...

They would rather insults those that don't agree with them, than sell their "messiah" to the public...SMH
Exactly!... It's very bad of them.

(1) (Reply)

How Much You Love This New Currency. (see Pics ) / United State President Barack Obama Supports APC- General Muhammed Buhari / Iyanya Pictured With Governor Liyel Imoke And Pretty Wife Obioma In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.