Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

"Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" (2363 Views)

7 Reasons Why Ambitious Women Sometimes Lose Interest In Dating / Why Are Men So Selfish During Sex? / Why Are Men Scared Of Marrying Female Nurses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by misspeecollectn(f): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2015
Please drop your comments
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by remsonik(f): 7:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
Because of their overbloated ego. Most guys will claim they want a girl who can hold on her own yet when the girl starts to advance in her career they start getting fidgety.
Most naija guys underneath their ego have a very bad self esteem and they always feel threatened.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by samibode(m): 7:11pm On Jan 06, 2015
Well because sometimes it actually gets to the womans head cos its not a normal occurence that the woman gets more successful than the man in nigeria so ofcos its bound to affect his personal pride and ego hence the fear.

5 Likes

Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by misspeecollectn(f): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2015
remsonik:
Because of their overbloated ego. Most guys will claim they want a girl who can hold on her own yet when the girl starts to advance in her career they start getting fidgety.
Most naija guys underneath their ego have a very bad self esteem and they always feel threatened.
True...well said
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by fijiano202(m): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2015
cos of power struggle......2 captains cant mount 1 ship.....

1 Like

Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by gandyluv(f): 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
D hate being challenged

2 Likes

Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by misspeecollectn(f): 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2015
fijiano202:
cos of power struggle......2 captains cant mount 1 ship.....
You can always tell her she's your co-captain

2 Likes

Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by thankyouJesus(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
misspeecollectn:
Please drop your comments
I have no contributions to make here (your moniker says it all- miss pee collection).
Hint: Change the thread tittle to have "some".
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by GoodFaith: 7:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
misspeecollectn:

I told you, you was my co-captain
Guess you wanted to be the captain
New user account
stop hiding
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by misspeecollectn(f): 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2015
thankyouJesus:
I have no contributions to make here (your moniker says it all- miss pee collection).
Hint: Change the thread tittle to have "some".
Thank you for your kind suggestion.
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by demelza: 7:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
It is only a weak and cowardly man that would be afraid of his woman achieving more.
Because they strive to keep the woman subservient and forever under their control, they do all they can to squash her ambitions.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by Shawl001(m): 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2015
This topic is serious ooh.. Infact, i don't even know what to say. Anyway, would encourage my wife if i discover she is ambitious...buh, she must promise me, she won't relent in her duties @om, and she's not gonna starve me øƒ ma needs. If this is agreed to, then, she's good to go.

1 Like

Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by Enegod(m): 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
I am not Scared Of Ambitious
Women
I am really attracted
to them....
They seem to have it all together and can
challenge you in all aspects of life....
never boring always interesting.

She turns you on, you better turn her on.
You want to talk, she should be able to communicate.

1 Like

Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by vizkiz: 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
Enegod:
I am not Scared Of Ambitious
Women
I am really attracted
to them....
They seem to have it all together and can
challenge you in all aspects of life....
never boring always interesting.

She turns you on, you better turn her on.
You want to talk, she should be able to communicate.

yeah...but those kindda women are always scary at times undecided
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by Daguccizgreat(m): 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
1. Bc most of them are liable to cheat.
2. A good no of them become uncontrollable wen time goes on.
3. They overide their husbands if she is the major source of income to the family.

1 Like

Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by yorex2011: 8:01pm On Jan 06, 2015
Truth is many of them "grow wings"... Buh really real dudes shudnt be scared... Cos when u have such a woman and she starts misbehaving. You let her go.. And if you are married, you have ambitions of your own.. I wont mind my wife earning 700k a month cos i wud be earning like 1.3m grin
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by Tallesty1(m): 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2015
Whoever told you that men are scared of ambitious women lied to you.

Now listen, All men are different, and to generalize an entire gender would be wrong.

Secondly, Men are not intimated by strong and successful women. In fact, most men find these qualities very attractive and will brag to their friends and family about what a smart, great girl they have found, you get?

Ambitious can be a double edged sword and no man wants to come home to a stressful, competitive environment after spending all day in a similar type of work environment.(stuff you see when you marry a blind ambitious woman). We are cool with you if your ambition doesn't surpass the relationship in priority.

Most of the ambitious women who think men are scared of them have attitude issues, they are neglecting their men. They allow the things that make woman such a big success cross over into their relationship. In a woman's career, she may rise to the top by being very opinionated, aggressive and decisive. But when these same qualities cross too far into the relationship, we don't like it.

Remember there's always some less ambitious woman who wants to please in a way that an overly ambitious woman doesn't have time for.

Chosing the best option doesn't mean that we are scared of the other............

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by fijiano202(m): 8:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
misspeecollectn:

as if that would work
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by Enegod(m): 8:08pm On Jan 06, 2015
vizkiz:

yeah...but those kindda women are always scary at times undecided
Instead of being scared...think of it
as an asset.undecided
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by Missmossy(f): 8:11pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hmmm only men who aint as successful as the women in question always fear because they feel she might end up controlling them cheesy
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by vizkiz: 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2015
Enegod:
Instead of being scared...think of it
as an asset.undecided

but they aren't romantic either
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by Enegod(m): 8:16pm On Jan 06, 2015
vizkiz:

but they aren't romantic either
You want block head that is romantic?

1 Like

Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by vizkiz: 8:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
Enegod:
You want block head that is romantic?

nah...but asking for both in a woman isn't too much right? wink
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
Only a village man with village thinking will be scared of a woman dat has got a drive. For fucck's sake if u dont like dis kind of women, den go to d village and get ye a housewife. Simple!

Personally, I cant stand a woman dat has no drive, no dream, no ambition and no vision. Of wot use are u to me den? shocked
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2015
Scared? undecided

They used to be scared.

Nowadays, they are proud of these ambitious/successful women and even boast to their friends about them.
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 06, 2015
I'm not against an ambitious woman. as long as I can control her with or she loves me enough to make me n d kids d priority in her life then I'm cool with her.
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by misscjkeyz(f): 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ambitious men love and cherish ambitious women.
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by Enegod(m): 8:50pm On Jan 06, 2015
vizkiz:

nah...but asking for both in a woman isn't too much right? wink

You are just being greedy... one is enough so choose wisely undecided
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by unibenstudent1(m): 7:51am On Jan 16, 2015
misscjkeyz:
exactly so as I am ambitious ,that means u cherish me.
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2017
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by DenreleDave(m): 6:28am On Feb 14, 2022
misscjkeyz:

Can I send you a dm?? Or I just pick your number here?

Good morning and happy Val
Re: "Why Are Men Scared Of Ambitious Women" by misscjkeyz(f): 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2022
DenreleDave:

Can I send you a dm?? Or I just pick your number here?

Good morning and happy Val

Drop yours

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do Nigerian Men Love Curvy Women? / Seriously Why Are Romanceland Guys So Childish And Pained?!! / Guys, How Do You Control Attention In Public Places

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.