Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa (44361 Views)

Adebayo Akinfenwa 'the Beast' Wants Chicken For Pre-match Before England Call-up / Photos: Meet The World's Strongest Macho Women! / Nigerian , Adebayo Akinfenwa Named World’s Strongest Football Player By FIFA 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by jmoore(m): 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2015

He weighs 16 stone

Akinfenwa is 5ft 11in but he weighs in at a mighty 16 stone, or 102kg. That's a BMI of 31.3 or around the same body weight as England rugby hooker Tom Youngs.
He says he has always been a "naturally big guy", and has even struggled to get football teams to take him seriously.
"People said I'm too big to play football," he said. "One hundred goals later, I'm not. There are no limitations to what you want to do."

He can bench-press 180kg

Or 396 pounds, if you prefer. That's three times the body-weight of his team-mate, midfielder Sammy Moore.
Such is his passion for lifting heavy weights, he admits that previous managers have had to "rein him in" to stop him spending too long in the gym.
Akinfenwa's strength has been recognised by the Fifa series of video games, which have deemed him the strongest footballer in the world, with a strength rating of 97 out of 100.

He created 'Beast Mode'

Akinfenwa's brawny physique has earned him the nickname 'The Beast', but to the hulking frontman, it's more than just an epithet.
"Beast Mode On is a state of mind," he explained. "Beast Mode is about applying yourself and defying the limitations people put on you."
When he's not terrorising League Two centre-backs, Akinfenwa also finds time to run a clothing line bearing the 'Beast Mode' name.

He gets mistaken for NFL players

Akinfenwa is often recognised as a footballer. Just not always as the right sort of footballer.
The striker admits he was once pulled over by a policeman who mistook him for a player in America's NFL.
Akinfenwa was happy to set the errant copper straight, telling him: "I play proper football."

He's been likened to a fat Eddie Murphy
Rival fans, perhaps emboldened by the presence of security personnel between the crowd and the pitch, are fond of jocularly abusing Akinfenwa from the terraces.
The big man just laughs it off, though.
"My favourite chant is 'you're just a fat Eddie Murphy'. When I heard that I could not stop laughing. I would prefer a 'muscular Eddie Murphy'." Sorry Adebayo, I don't think it's going to catch on.
He inspired 39,000 tweets

During Monday night's FA Cup match, there were a whopping 39,000 tweets related to Akinfenwa.
#BeastMode was the third-most popular hashtag as Twitter went mad for Wimbledon's cult hero.
He's a committed Christian

Akinfenwa was born to a Muslim father and a Christian mother.
"When Ramadan was on dad made us fast and then I had to read the Bible every day and go to church," he said.
It was his mother's faith that he was drawn to and he now reads the Bible daily and attends church every Sunday.

Source.>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30693977

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by okotv(m): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
o boy, this is serious.

Ishilove, lalasticlala front page please

4 Likes

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by hydeekam: 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
is this the same guy that score against Liverpool in their last FA Cup?

11 Likes

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by wedemboiz(m): 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
Wia Ibrahimovic,Yaya Toure,Lukaku,Anichebe,Mikel,Christine Benteke,Samba Chris,Giorgio Chiellini,Victor Wanyama,Elaquim Mangala,Vincent Kompany,Oya Make Una Come Yarn Rubbish Say Una Strong

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by Innodon(m): 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
ok
Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by jingh(f): 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
but make sure you strong on bed too.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by teemanbastos(m): 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
lol..Ein Try
but Unfortunately No be Strongest them dy use win ballon d'or.. grin grin grin
but at least,he try, he don get global recognition.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by born2fuckpussy: 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
Oboy! I must comment ooo. See born2fuck ID ban till 2025... Chai! this seun osewa mean me badly.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by natureblack(m): 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
I saw his game against Liverpool .......geez,nigga is in the wrong profession

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by kamez(m): 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
He reminds me of one bouncer wey give me "slap of life" the first time I went clubbing as a jambite..

I dey form stubborn rugged 1st year student for club, when the guy approached me I started shouting at him..

My exact words were " guy respect ur self oo this ur big body na just signboard I no go fear u"

Next tin I hear na slap of life for my face.choi my jaw shift!!! I couldn't even recognize my environment for like 5minutes.

Anyway I learnt one lesson that day and that is........

Big body no be signboard oo.. Infact na bulldozer

Choi 14th feb 2006.. I no fit forget that day

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by mmmustapha(m): 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
First to comment, haters will quote me.
Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by HrtBrkSteve(m): 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
No doubt
Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by Adesam09(m): 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
hmmm.... but this guy is stronger

2 Likes

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
Nice one. But na skillful player we need
Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by Kororugged: 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
YORUBA BEAST!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by Tic4tac(m): 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
Wow!
Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by SeverusSnape(m): 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
Has he won the FIFA world best player

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by lonelydora: 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by Saryea83: 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hmmm! Everything double double!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by freethinker01: 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
The dude's also d thickest player in football's history.

1 Like

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by lonelydora: 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by Trinxie(f): 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
Wow...This one must not hug you when he is angry... he will just break you. grin

8 Likes

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by Mordyb: 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
This ones akpu intake is not of this world

1 Like

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by lekhane(m): 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
Really?
Another John Shittu

1 Like

Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by Aspireahead(m): 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2015
is the guy stronger than..what is that his name again? Eh eh eh..that Nigerian defender o
Re: Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2015
Odiegwu oooo. Na wrestler

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Boys Pose With Anthony Joshua (Photo) / Dinma, Wilfred Ndidi's Wife Gave All Friends Flower Instead Of Throwing Bouquet / Asisat Oshoala Storms Mushin With Her CAF Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.