Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,075 members, 7,814,725 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) (2345 Views)

What Does The South West Offer Nigeria / “buhari Is A Child Still Crawling At 72, Has Nothing To Offer Nigeria” – Pej / How My Father’s Jailer Can Offer Nigeria A Fresh Start By Lola Shoneyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by skima(m): 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2005
What can offer Nigeria? (Your own qouta)

What do think you can offer Nigeria to make it a great Nation. It's enough complaining what Government could offer, Say what can i Offer?
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by hotangel2(f): 7:08pm On Oct 01, 2005
I will offer my advice. But the thing is... Nigeria won't appreciate it, because those people that have the right to Love/make use of my advice, don't want any advice from nobody.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by skima(m): 7:59pm On Oct 01, 2005
@ Hotty we need practical something not advice....
by the way... advice for whom to perform?
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by hotangel2(f): 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2005
Advice from me.. for governement to perform! Duhh
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by layi(m): 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2005
All efforts would be frustrated by the present administration. If i'm gonna do anything for the country it going to be in a new dispensation.
I'm human and every human thrives whereever he is celebrated not tolerated.

What can i offer NIGERIA? A lot but not now. I wont sweat in futilty. Except i'm made the leader today else no show for now.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by kodewrita(m): 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2005
Since i have absolutely no intention of becoming a politician in future, the only way i can move nigeria forward through my own efforts is to strive for the maximum within my own field or line of work and ensure that i make a meaningful local impact in my chosen area of specialization. There's nothing that stops the nigerian movie industry from producing animated films except the will to do so. There's no reason why we cannot export software(we 've started that.). We can create games, graphics.... the list is endless.
Just do what you can to make your environment a better place. many drops become a raging torrent. if everyone could try to improve themselves and their community at the same time we would be better off.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by Seun(m): 3:12pm On Feb 26, 2006
That is a very pragmatic, constructive approach to nation-building. Others should learn from you. wink
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by segun06: 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2006
I will create a very big group of companies (which include schools, Food production,textile, Health Care and transportation), which employs univeristy graduates as soon as they graduate. Of course eventually the company will run out of space for new people, so i will create a branch in the poor African countries thereby helping them by creating employment and also teaching them how to improve their way of living. And its not so bad that by doing so I'm adding more value to the NAIRA.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by toshmann(m): 12:22am On Mar 10, 2006
i wanted to say i'll return to the country after my studies to give my best then i remembered that i wont get a job without bribing or knowing someone that matters.

so now what can i offer? na wa o.

if i get a job when i return, i'll give it my best. if not i'll travel again to europe or even the states and send down whatever finances i can to help the les privileged in our society. they need me very much.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by akani(m): 3:21pm On May 05, 2006
Nice topic!
To my contribution,i promised to give the best of what i can to serve my country.Indeed nigeria is known to be vast in human and natural resourses.in this wise,nothing left with nigerian but there are some reqiurement which nigeria is lacking in utilising this resourses which eventually leading to misapporpation.One can only do these by enlightened our youth morally,sociallyand econmically and even technically applied principled will be involved which is in my plan.
    secondly this youth must also be help through creating job opportunities.i know for sure that this country is going to be great but this present devourers must be outdated living behind the leader of 2morrow(youth).
       Im promising that in due time my quota will surely be observed.
      So help me God.                               Amen.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by adconline(m): 8:21pm On Jan 28, 2007
everyone is a mini government, but by extension people freely give up their mini government status to form a bigger government that will oversee the needs of the people who make up that governmen. the government is in turn saddled with the responsibility of providing basic necessities of life as price for its derivation of power from people.

What can you offer a country which does not derive power from electorates. You rig elections , you win. Our concept of a country is on a flawed premise, so the thinking that you can change Nigeria withpot government's role is unattainable. Example. look at Onitsha where people ,take their destinies in their own hands and Abuja where govt is in control of everything.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by Seun(m): 10:53am On Jan 29, 2007
everyone is a mini government, but by extension people freely give up their mini government status to form a bigger government that will oversee the needs of the people who make up that governmen
Those who regard themselves as responsible adults should hold on to their mini-government status. They shouldn't give up their freedom for empty political promises. They should exercise those freedoms as part of the private sector.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by ONIFADESAM(m): 7:16pm On May 14, 2007
Seun:

Those who regard themselves as responsible adults should hold on to their mini-government status. They shouldn't give up their freedom for empty political promises. They should exercise those freedoms as part of the private sector.

The only way to make it a great nation is to help my people through my services,looking for the progress, peace, sharing love among other nigerians brothers and sisters, remember my leaders in prayer and l need to work hard for the greater of my country in all my doings.
 "Pray for the greatness of JERUSALEM, does who do it are going to prosper". This is our own Jerusalem and we should remember her in prayer.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by Seun(m): 11:04pm On May 14, 2007
Making Nigeria a great nation is not the ultimate goal in life. Personal happiness/fulfillment is more important.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by naijaway(m): 12:18am On May 15, 2007
want to offer manufacturing of basic and important ammenties that the citizens need but my main focus when am done from school in a couple of years by God's grace is machinery for production including military machinery all made in Nigeria and maybe surrounding neighbors. I/any team i'm involved with will plan to compete with big shot manufacturers and their innovations. That's why i had to go back to school. Nice topic.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by ijogbon(m): 12:44am On May 15, 2007
For one,,,,,i will quit quibbing about what is not  angry    enough already!!!!!

Two- I will strive (God willing) to emancipate myself. Strive to return a profit on my existence,,,,U know- spend less than my income (whatever it is), be strategic in my approach to life (Do a situational analysis and employ the resources available to me to achieve my objectives) not expecting my mails to arrive at WC1 when my street sign says this way to Mushin Olosa, get? Live in NIGERIA. I'm actually tired of people trying to make Naija Jand when they have not mastered the art of LIVING in Naij. Believe me if these same ppl came over to the UK they would end up at some menial jobs still.
THE CHALLENGE IS EXCELLING IN YOUR ENVIRONMENT.*WHEREVER IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

That way the country has 1 less blabbing mouth to spend so much resource shutting up.!
And 1 more person bending down to help lift this load to the head.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by angel101(f): 11:25am On May 15, 2007
i will generally play my own part in regarding what i think nigeria should be, not minding what the next man is doing. e.g as a matter of principle i do not litter anywhere no matter how dirty it may be. i don't throw things out of the car (which by the way is the order of the day in naija) at the expense of being ridiculed by people watching (calling me clean, clean). i do not offer bribes to anyone especially those hoodlums who call themselves customs and immigration. and the list goes on. in my opinion, it's these little things that go a long way to change the mindset of nigerians as a people. i believe that if everyone should adopt this attitude, in no time we will be able to stamp out corruption and this orderliness.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by ijogbon(m): 1:32pm On May 15, 2007
@angel

I like you already,,,,,thumbs up.

N.B though.
In Naij last time i was there,,,,if you litter and are caught by KIA or KAI,,,,you get to sweep the street and I didnt believe how clean Lagos was, for real it was cleaner than many places in the UK (or London at least). I know the hounds of Naijhaterz will be at my heals now,,,,,just think though,,,,,its a start.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by Jen33(m): 9:59pm On May 15, 2007
Seun said:

Making Nigeria a great nation is not the ultimate goal in life. Personal happiness/fulfillment is more important.

I bet the legion of corrupt leaders we've had think the same.

Thanks for your input.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by Backslider(m): 1:02am On May 16, 2007
My believe if we are to have a Peaceful society we have to have

1) A good Police force

a. Pay them $3000 minimum
b. Provide Mortgage
c. You have a to admit only Degree holders into the police force
d. Have communication Gadget in Car and Shoulder ( this reduce risk and the sense that the work in isolation)

2)
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by ONIFADESAM(m): 7:12pm On May 18, 2007
Seun:

Do you know that " there is no building without a pillar " and an adages in Yoruba which says " Bi ode dun bi igbe ni ilu ri" ( If there is no peace or joy in various home, our country is like a bush / wilderness. Please think about it very well there is no personal happiness / fulfillment in any part of the country where there is killing, robbery,etc. Who knows who is going to be next victm? When you as a successful man can not sleep with your two eyes closed and you said making Nigeria a great nation is not the ultimate goal in life embarassed undecided May GOD teach us which way we should go to do it in our own generation , it's GOD not human .
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by Soundmind(m): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2007
Presently, Nigeria do not know how much we make on a daily basis. We have to know what we make daily, weekly and monthly from all sectors of the economy.
We are focusing on oil but tourism and agriculture can give us far more than we are getting from oil if well looked into. Nigerian educational industry is in shamble as well. I will suggest it be rehabilitated without delay. No Nigerian university rank among the first 500 in the world. It is bad.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by denex: 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2007
Well, I'll just keep making sure I work hard in my business and make sure it grows so I can employ jobless Nigerians (and Indians. lol) and strive to reach a status whereby I can export and earn foreign exchange. I'll also pay my taxes. Generally, people don't realise how much better they can make Nigeria just by being a positive, hardworking, decent citizen.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by folem: 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2007
Seun:

1 happy/fulfilled man living amongst 1,000 hungry/angry/unfulfilled/despondent men will eventually become unhappy.

Personal interest must not be at the detriment of communal interest.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by BUSHFELLOW(m): 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2007
extremism so all those who want to loot my rite in this country will think before doing it. at least if you know that once you mess up with the funds that was put in your care it might lead to the death or probably an elimination of your whole family from the map of this nation there and then you will have a second rethink
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by angel101(f): 1:45pm On Jun 15, 2007
BUSHFELLOW:

extremism so all those who want to loot my rite in this country will think before doing it. at least if you know that once you mess up with the funds that was put in your care it might lead to the death or probably an elimination of your whole family from the map of this nation there and then you will have a second rethink

he he he grin
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by redwoman(f): 5:54pm On Jun 15, 2007
Before a country can change, the way people think must change, if human life is not valued what is the purpose of change. Change starts at the top, most of the time by any means necessary. Praying is not going to change Nigeria, God gave man the common sense and the ability to make the right decisions. Pray for comfort, fight for change.

Redwoman
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by gisaa(m): 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2007
making Nigeria great dat wonderful,atleast for me i will start to educate people on what i feel is right,dat try to change people orientation most expecially those that belive that Nigeria cannot be great.

and since by God grace i am going to hold one public post in the years to come,i will always keep my promise so that people can believe me.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by MILITIA(f): 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2007
I will offer my services in education and social services.

1. Making Nigeria's eductional opportunities available to all youths with emphasis on Patriotism not tribalism. Reviewing the educational curricula in Nigeria to meet the needs of Nigerians as well as compete or equate favorably with the top educational systems of the world. Bring back the polytechniques for trade-school inclined youths.

2. Have strong regulatory badies to monitor state compliance.

A. Remodel our state capitals to have major functional competitive social agencies. For example one major airport, one major hospital, one major transportation system that links the whole of Nigeria together, local police separate from national police but inter related somehow, major welfare offices for the children and elderly and so on and so forth. This way people in Nigeria will have an overall better quality of life.

B. Based on competition with one another, individual states will forced to work hard to improve themselves. Grant annual bonuses or incentives to states --e.g. free national taxes for a given year or cash incentives to the best state that complies annually to rules and regulations in performance improvement projects.
Re: What Can You Offer Nigeria? (to make it a great nation?) by kodewrita(m): 11:34am On Aug 25, 2010
^^^^^^I like that.

(1) (Reply)

Underwear Bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab Wanted To Marry Gen.buhari's Daughter / 2,000 Protest Against Demolition Of Houses In Agbaja, Ebonyi / Omisore Declared Osun Governor Elect Says APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.