Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea (1776 Views)

Newly Constructed Walkway In Jakande, Lekki (Photos) / Ambode Completes Construction Of 500m Imeke-Ajido Bridge With Pedestrian Walkway / Fayose Destroys Walkway In Lagos - Man Blasts Ekiti Governor (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by Wale112(m): 9:03am On Jan 07, 2015
A 105-metre long canopy walkway has been constructed on the sea at Tema near the Meridian rock which is believed to be the centre of the world.

The canopy walkway, which cost over $200,000, is the first canopy walkway on the sea in Africa.

It is stringed to the premises of the Ave Maria Resort formerly known as Halcrow beach.

Mr Kenneth Akuffo Asare, the contractor, told the Ghana News Agency that the canopy walkway has a height of eight metres.

Mr Akuffo, who also constructed the Kakum canopy walkway in the Central Region, assured the public of its safety as quality materials were used to build it.

He said polyester ropes, galvanised cables, bolts and nuts and safety nets were used.

“Counting the Kakum and Bonsu canopy walkways, this in the third one I have built in the country but it is the first one on the sea in the whole of Africa,” Mr Asare said.

He said the closest one to the canopy walkway on the sea was the one he built over a river in Nigeria and appealed to the government and other stakeholders to appreciate people with extraordinary talents and give them the necessary help to promote tourism in Ghana.

Mrs Theressa Ntim, the Managing Director of Ave Maria Resort, said it was their desire to build the canopy walkway to the Meridian Rock but the cost was more than her outfit could bear.

She said the walkway was built with the aim of “promoting leisure and relaxation at the centre of the world,” she said. She added that it was her wish to do something extra to attract people to have a look at the rock.

Mrs Ntim said the canopy walk would be opened to the public at a small fee which would and appealed to the Tourism Authority and the Ministry of Tourism to help develop the many tourism sites in Tema.

http://starrfmonline.com/1.1944258

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by borntosave: 9:19am On Jan 07, 2015
Wow, looks good

1 Like

Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by Wale112(m): 9:27am On Jan 07, 2015
overhypedsteve lets go there wink
Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by Oluwatosean(m): 9:31am On Jan 07, 2015
Chai!!!, make buhari do this one too ooo
Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by simplemach(m): 9:32am On Jan 07, 2015
Hope that rope strong, na sea dem say e pass o, me i no fit shout...!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by simplemach(m): 9:32am On Jan 07, 2015
Oluwatosean:
Chai!!!, make buhari do this one too ooo
you mean in his compound?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by Oluwatosean(m): 9:37am On Jan 07, 2015
simplemach:
you mean in his compound?
no, i mean in his country
Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by simplemach(m): 9:38am On Jan 07, 2015
Oluwatosean:
no, i mean in his country
Niger or Chad?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by brownlord: 9:39am On Jan 07, 2015
Misplaced priority.

200k dollars project that won't benefit poor ghanians, worst is by a poor country who's economy rely on foreign aid, I can bet my last cedi they borrowed that money.

Gaynian learn to sow your coat according to your size

1 Like

Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by iamord(m): 9:49am On Jan 07, 2015
Those pics u posted are actually from kakum national park and not the exact walkway on the sea
Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by iamord(m): 10:08am On Jan 07, 2015
brownlord:
Misplaced priority.

200k dollars project that won't benefit poor ghanians, worst is by a poor country who's economy rely on foreign aid, I can bet my last cedi they borrowed that money.

Gaynian learn to sow your coat according to your size
its really annoying when I come up here and see people exhibit low level of reasoning with confidence, I mean can someone be this daft Name 1 innovative thing that you have brought to you community?? You are too daft to see that it was actually done by a private resort company? What if its by the government , how is it your biz And by the way, what is a $200k? Or do you think the people that initiated the project are as broke as your brain that is dormant of any reasonable ideas? You country is under developed, not just because of corruption and mismanagement, but your like minds don't deserve development, you just can't handle it, at times its better they steal the money cos if it trickles down to your type it will waste, so what's the use! I can't even tell you to think before you talk, cos from your post you can't reason.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by brownlord: 10:24am On Jan 07, 2015
iamord:
its really annoying when I come up here and see people exhibit low level of reasoning with confidence, I mean can someone be this daft Name 1 innovative thing that you have brought to you community?? You are too daft to see that it was actually done by a private resort company? What if its by the government , how is it your biz And by the way, what is a $200k? Or do you think the people that initiated the project are as broke as your brain that is dormant of any reasonable ideas? You country is under developed, not just because of corruption and mismanagement, but your like minds don't deserve development, you just can't handle it, at times its better they steal the money cos if it trickles down to your type it will waste, so what's the use! I can't even tell you to think before you talk, cos from your post you can't reason.

Who is this mad man roaming the cyber space.
Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by SeverusSnape(m): 10:25am On Jan 07, 2015
I love this!
Re: Ghana Gets Africa’s First Canopy Walkway On The Sea by SeverusSnape(m): 10:27am On Jan 07, 2015
simplemach:
Niger or Chad?
Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.
Badt guy!

(1) (Reply)

Why Every Female and Youth Especially Should Vote For GEJ (in Picture) / Plz I Need Any Type Of Job In Lagos / Buhari, Oyegun, Ngige Watch INEC Live While Buhari Smile At Orubebe's Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.