Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. (1208 Views)

Car Gurus, Pls Interpret These Signs. / Abandoned Honda Car On Aboh Road, Delta / Birthday Gift: Car gurus/Luxury car enthusiasts, GET IN HERE PLEASE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. by Tayulo(m): 11:10am On Jan 07, 2015
Hello every1,pls help me out,i just got a baby boy,manual gear and after changing the oil,to one green hourse or something,it started bringing out white smoke,and it dosent do that b4,its a tokunbo engine and very sound,wen i called the former owner,he told me he wan using only mobile for the car,that i should change the oil back to mobile that it will be okay,is this true pls,what can u suggest or advice pls?the engine bring out white smoke now if highly accelerated.We keep learning everyday.
Re: Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. by AutosBay(m): 2:57pm On Jan 07, 2015
Would suggest you take it, to your mechanic, these are the likely faults on your engine, cylinder head, engine block and a head gasket might have been damaged.
Re: Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. by skipo87(m): 3:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
Re: Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. by icemann(m): 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2015
Tayulo:
Hello every1,pls help me out,i just got a baby boy,manual gear and after changing the oil,to one green hourse or something,it started bringing out white smoke,and it dosent do that b4,its a tokunbo engine and very sound,wen i called the former owner,he told me he wan using only mobile for the car,that i should change the oil back to mobile that it will be okay,is this true pls,what can u suggest or advice pls?the engine bring out white smoke now if highly accelerated.We keep learning everyday.

How long after the oil change did the car start smoking?
Re: Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. by Tayulo(m): 6:38pm On Jan 07, 2015
Thanks for your suggestions,it started immediately i changed the oil,the mechanic says the engine is okay.
Re: Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2015
Tayulo:
Thanks for your suggestions,it started immediately i changed the oil,the mechanic says the engine is okay.

Seems you were sold a car with a bad engine, previous owner must have mixed a lot of oil treatment to hide the smoking engine. If I'm correct your "new" engine oil will blacken quickly. You can try a different oil incase I'm wrong.

1 Like

Re: Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 07, 2015
Are you sure you didn't overfill your engine oil?
Re: Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. by lonelydora: 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2015
Change back to Mobil engine oil first. But I think the previous owner sold a bad engine to you.
Re: Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. by senator2k9(m): 8:46am On Jan 09, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Seems you were sold a car with a bad engine, previous owner must have mixed a lot of oil treatment to hide the smoking engine. If I'm correct your "new" engine oil will blacken quickly. You can try a different oil incase I'm wrong.
exactly my thought
Re: Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. by DECOtech(m): 11:58pm On Jan 09, 2015
Tayulo:

That engine is bad but you should change to mobil first of all to see if the smoking stops.
Re: Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. by Tayulo(m): 3:54am On Jan 10, 2015
Thank you for your suggestions,thats exactly what i will do,i will change it back first and see what happens,cuz it wasnt smoking at all before......Am very greatful..
Re: Honda Car Gurus,pls I Need Your Advice.. by disloman(m): 9:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
Tayulo:
check d oil if nt over gauge

(1) (Reply)

Police Officers Come In And Educate Us / Please What Does This Sign Mean? / Help My MB C200 Does Not Do Slow Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.