Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,809 members, 7,827,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS (25346 Views)

How Buhari And Jega Planned To Rig This 2015 Election - Codewit.com Propaganda / Boko Haram Planned To Attack Whole Country – Jonathan / Reps To Probe Apc’s Alleged Hacking Of INEC Database (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by Ologunjude(m): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
Why did it take 2-3months to come up with this allegation. If a document is cloned it is cloned. Call in the Inec guys to bring the original and check it. Or rather they APC shouldn't even be in poccession of any form of registration documents of Inec in the first place and in a matter of days you will see the evidence. God bless Nigeria.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by sharkhead: 7:47pm On Jan 07, 2015
iiichidodo:
She is privy to highly classfied info,so you need to chillout on her case...
Which classified info? The security outfit that has become grossly politicised?..d outfit that cdnt hack a basic server? D outfit dt shd b focused on terrorism is busy chasing shadows...abegi...she shd nt insult our sensibilities...hw do I go ONLINE to hack my grandma's OFFLINE ACOOUNT that is always hangin on her waist? Abeg no make me laf
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 7:48pm On Jan 07, 2015
You should have dismissed the hag with the following quote; 'When did INEC acquire the statutory right to detect, investigate and prosecute APC hacks?' Well done for reminding them that we are watching....

isaacameh0186:
# eyes are watching u, mind ur words!
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by santacross8: 7:49pm On Jan 07, 2015
INEC I am sick and tired of ur incompetencies. U r all fired.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by ayindejimmy(m): 7:52pm On Jan 07, 2015
OLADD:

Hope you are not trying to force me to talk when I am not ready. Anyway, l have tried to pick bits and pieces of the news from other sources and my conclusion is that Ogar's submissions might sound vague but a further scrutiny will allude to the fact that some cladenstine activities were indeed taking place in that APC office. How?
1. What were they doing with videos of hacking tutorials including how to infiltrate system password and DB without been detected?
Nice observations... But how was the confession obtained from those people? Was it willingly or under d

2. Why was there no inscription/signage indicating the office belonged to APC at the time of DSS invasion? Should a party office be shrouded in secrecy?

3. The DSS spokesperson confrmed that those arrested had confessed to culpability in attempting to clone PVCs. Is that allegation true? If it's, then Nigerians should keep their fngers crossed and wait for justice to take its full course.

Nice observations you've made.
But how was the confession obtained from those poor people... Was it willingly or under duress? Cos we know how Nigeria intelligence obtain their 'confessional statements'
Moreover.. The Dss has not really shown us the link between all you highlighted and the election. For are they insinuating apc is planning to increase the number of eligible Voters to favour them? How possible is that? The Dss has to proof how possible it is for apc through their database can infiltrate the offline database of INEC and manipulated it the figures in favour of its members. These are huge allegations and we need concrete proofs and not assumptions and permutations.
. To be honest.. All these seems ludicrous.
And who is investigating the PDP... If I may ask?
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 7:55pm On Jan 07, 2015
Follow the original gist and stop muddying the waters. Voters card, cloning equipment, manual on how to hack into INEC's Mysql database. Grow up and be a man about it. In all the civilised countries in the world, if you have those respective equipments, you have committed a serious crime. In short, APC (and some of their supporters) are criminals

acaolly1:

Ogar and some of his fellow daft nairalander will not think b4 they write. INEC database has nothing to do with any party membership. Go to INEC web it has only the list of each party political office aspirants and election time table. Abi u mean APC want to increase number of aspirants and change election dates on INEC website? lol.
awon dindinrin. I will close eye and vote Buhari for d change Nigeria deserves

1 Like

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 7:58pm On Jan 07, 2015
DSS can take as long as it takes. Geddit. You must not take anything. Siddon look. Is it by force that ... Amaechi's stooge

wagecomet:
Why did it take the so called dss to publish it findings, since raiding the APC's office since last yr. I take is that this whole so called evidence has been doctored. Shame on Nigerian Institutions always working in favour of her pay master (principal).
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by LadyPM: 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2015
Tell us another gibberish! This is very cheap blackmail.. . Sai Buhari. Nothing do u!
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by olu77(m): 8:00pm On Jan 07, 2015
callmenow:
Jonathan is not christ of course. However you or your fellow haterz can be an anti-christ. A satanic person. By the way, Boko haramites are examples of anti-christ, as well as Tinubu, Maitatsine, Sanusi, Amaechi, OBJ, Buhari ....... Geddit? Get over it.

Ok. But are you a christian?
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by ritzytbabs(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
funkiebully:
APC d evil boko haram party grooming terrorists and hackers.

THunder fire Tinubu and Buhari

This shows you definitely know nothing about computers more less a database. invariably your stupidity is in you and it's at its peak. Next time reason before you embarass yourself.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 8:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
It is possible that you are an illiterate graduate. These criminals were found with hacking tools. As well as PVC voters card cloning tools, as well as illegally obtained tools. Now if your details were cloned to the card, or even someone from Ghana, then it is illegal. INEC is the only organisation mandated (authorised by NASS) to print and disseminate the voters card and not the APC criminals (or animals), who are hell bent on scuttling our democracy

annibro:
Am I the only one not getting ds story rite? Wen has it become mandatory 2 belong 2 a party b4 u can vote? Or Is it only card carrying members dat can vote? Why then trying 2 increase membership figure?... Sometin is just not adding up....
Anyhow, There's no point trying 2 understand d thots of an illiterate.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 8:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
You are wrong. your interlocutor knows more than you do. Hacking once again is not rocket science. It is gaining illegal access to another's computer records/details. You can do so by 419 means, like phishing or bribing a weak link at INEC. These people had the tools stated by Ms Ogar. SO are culpable. You are embarrassing yourself by asking another whether they know what hacking is.

ritzytbabs:

This shows you definitely know nothing about computers more less a database. invariably your stupidity is in you and it's at its peak. Next time reason before you embarass yourself.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by oluwafemi113(m): 8:07pm On Jan 07, 2015
40 days to presidential elections. If you're votingremember this factors;

1. The chibok Girls
2. NNPC Scam
3. Police pension fund
4. Missing 20Billion
5. $9millionArms deal
6. Bomb Blasts
7. Immigration job scam
8.Petroleum pump price
9. Devaluation of Naira
10. Oiltheft
11. Power outage
12. Selling of Nepa
13. Selling of Refineries
14. Skyrocketed Nepa Bills
15. ASUU & poly Strike
16. Doctors Strike
17. National Assembly tragedy
18. Stella's oduah Aviation Scam
19. Kerosene subsidy
20. Insurgency.
21. Judiciary Strike

And lastly Pls vote wisely!
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 8:10pm On Jan 07, 2015
What a question? My religious affiliation will remain my private business. Stick to the point

olu77:

Ok. But are you a christian?
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by Malik95(m): 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2015
richardjemedafe1:
Hit like if u will vote 4 GEJ in febuary nd if u agree with
me that apc is all past criminal party! Is this the
change they are preaching, i am highly disappointed
by apc nd thief Buhari 4 dis kind of nonsense act.
Change indeed?

can you mention at least one criminal in APC? if you succeed, then I would provide you with 5 PDP members who are criminals
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by eaz(f): 8:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
So is this the reason why INEC is partially distributing PVCS?
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by angelsing(m): 8:13pm On Jan 07, 2015
OLADD:

Hope you are not trying to force me to talk when I am not ready. Anyway, l have tried to pick bits and pieces of the news from other sources and my conclusion is that Ogar's submissions might sound vague on the surface but a further scrutiny will allude to the fact that some cladenstine activities were indeed taking place in that APC office. How?
1. What were they doing with videos of hacking tutorials including how to infiltrate system password and DB without been detected?

2. Why was there no inscription/signage indicating the office belonged to APC at the time of DSS invasion? Should a party office be shrouded in secrecy?

3. The DSS spokesperson confrmed that those arrested had confessed to culpability in attempting to clone PVCs. Is that allegation true? If it's, then Nigerians should keep their fngers crossed and wait for justice to take its full course.
Its good u raised all this question but its the duty of the Dss to prove and answer this question...Ogar has been known to make unguarded statement in the past that is why its hard to believe her statement...anyway, let's just wait to hear everything but isn't it worrisome that It took this long to come out with their evidence considering the fact election is just few weeks away...we hope someone is persecuted this time.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2015
Long winded and illiterate commentary. Open University is still recruiting for people like you. Follow this [url]link[/url]

Ologunjude:
Why did it take 2-3months to come up with this allegation. If a document is cloned it is cloned. Call in the Inec guys to bring the original and check it. Or rather they APC shouldn't even be in poccession of any form of registration documents of Inec in the first place and in a matter of days you will see the evidence. God bless Nigeria.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by olu77(m): 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2015
callmenow:
What a question? My religious affiliation will remain my private business. Stick to the point

And what exactly is the point?
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by OLADD: 8:18pm On Jan 07, 2015
ayindejimmy:

Nice observations you've made.
But how was the confession obtained from those poor people... Was it willingly or under duress? Cos we know how Nigeria intelligence obtain their 'confessional statements'
Moreover.. The Dss has not really shown us the link between all you highlighted and the election. For are they insinuating apc is planning to increase the number of eligible Voters to favour them? How possible is that? The Dss has to proof how possible it is for apc through their database can infiltrate the offline database of INEC and manipulated it the figures in favour of its members. These are huge allegations and we need concrete proofs and not assumptions and permutations.
. To be honest.. All these seems ludicrous.
And who is investigating the PDP... If I may ask?

Good talk but remember I am not privy to how DSS or other law enforcement agents obtain confessionary staments from suspects. However I hope yours truly is not expecting suspects to spill their escapades without any semblance of torture. Be it as it may, all eyes are yearning to see the suspects whenever they are arrainged.
With regards to other details in my previous post, tne OP did not capture tne lenght and breath of Ogar's media presentation. Try other online sources for details.
As for alledged attempt by APC to inflate their membership data and infliterate INEC offline system, her conjesture seems to point to the direction of the party trying to grow membership database that match that of INEC in a bid to clone duplicate PVCs. As said earlier, try to scoup further details from different online sources.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by adeyemik: 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2015
How can INEC be using Mysql as their relational database for the storage and maintenance of the nation's voters register? Mysql database is only good and mainly used for websites and e-mail storage.

I now know the reason why INEC is under performing and unable to out the PVC to most Nigerian. Mysql is not a robost and scalable database. Whoever recommended the use of mysql database to INEC and the entire INEC IT staff should be sacked.

INEC should be using Oracle or at worst SQL Server as it's database.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
This is another circular argument from a partisan APC coward. Show me yours, I will show you mine. Tell me, are from the north east of Nigeria by any chance. You are a shame to your tribe. whatever it is. Sharrappppp

Malik95:

can you mention at least one criminal in APC? if you succeed, then I would provide you with 5 PDP members who are criminals
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by angelsing(m): 8:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
callmenow:
Why did the APC 'goons' have incriminating evidence at their head quarters? Trying to scuttle our blood soaked and hard won democracy. Educating 'angelsing'. Hacking in this context is trying to gain illegal access to INEC MySQL database with no express permission. To run a bogus stored procedure on a quasi-government (Quango) website illegally. I am a forensic lawyer by profession. Those APC people who are supporting this illegality should be arrested for accessory after the fact. I forgive you for your ignorance. For the avoidance of doubt, anyone interfeing with any government website, whether in Nigeria, US or UK is an enemy of the people, and is thus a nitwit.

The same Dss that can not Hack a mare password of a system now knows the act and tools for hacking....why wait this long to come out with this evidence?...I hope they have a video evidence to back this confession up and hopefully they can arrest and persecute whoever is involve
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 8:23pm On Jan 07, 2015
There is nothing wrong with mySQL. Many banks use mysql. Nigerian government uses mysql to save money. It is free with up to 128 bit encryption, if deployed properly. We should applaud INEC for saving money for hard working Nigerians.

adeyemik:
How can INEC be using Mysql as their relational database for the storage and maintenance of the nation's voters register? Mysql database is only good and mainly used for websites and e-mail storage.

I now know the reason why INEC is under performing and unable to out the PVC to most Nigerian. Mysql is not a robost and scalable database. Whoever recommended the use of mysql database to INEC and the entire INEC IT staff should be sacked.

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by AZeD1(m): 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2015
adeyemik:

You have no idea of the bold part at all.
callmenow:
You are wrong. your interlocutor knows more than you do. Hacking once again is not rocket science. It is gaining illegal access to another's computer records/details. You can do so by 419 means, like phishing or bribing a weak link at INEC. These people had the tools stated by Ms Ogar. SO are culpable. You are embarrassing yourself by asking another whether they know what hacking is.
Dude you know nothing about IT. Just find something else to do.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2015
We must have an effective DSS. It is crucial for our democracy. By the way, I will like Ms Ogar to find the PDP fiends who are copying the APC caper. The law must not respect anyone. Ms Ogar, make sure that you look at all and every PDP nook and cranny to find the perpetrators of hacking or cloning and name and shame them. I know that the average Nigerian enjoys 'copy-copy', copycat, etc. SO I believe it is not only the APC that are involved in this evil deed. We are waiting.

angelsing:
The same Dss that can not Hack a mare password of a system now knows the act and tools for hacking....why wait this long to come out with this evidence?...I hope they have a video evidence to back this confession up and hopefully they can arrest and persecute whoever is involve
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by angelsing(m): 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2015
iiichidodo:
She is privy to highly classfied info,so you need to chillout on her case...
What kind of classified information?...I hope she get classified information on how bokoharam operates not the classify information she gets on the opposition of the government...Just ask ur self, will a person who openly criticise the opposition say anything about the opposition and you expect people to believe it?...I pray this her information is true so some people can go to jail but from the look of event over few months I doubt if any of it is true
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2015
I am pained to tell you that you are a JJC, when it comes to IT and it's application. However, this topic is about crime and criminals. SO stick to the point, rather than digress.

AZeD1:

You have no idea of the bold part at all.

Dude you know nothing about IT. Just find something else to do.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by AZeD1(m): 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
callmenow:
I am pained to tell you that you are a JJC, when it comes to IT and it's application. However, this topic is about crime and criminals. SO stick to the point, rather than digress.

Ignorance is bliss so i'll let you continue in your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 8:45pm On Jan 07, 2015
Infact this feels, smells and looks like reason to vote for Jonathan administration for a second term. However, I have voted in the last 4 elections. I know for a fact that people do not vote because of this kidnap or corruption allegation that. Essentially, they vote for 'egunje' on the day. It is very deplorable trait across Nigeria. It happened in Ekiti and Osun states recently. We Nigerians are 75% illiterate and supercilious. SO whoever has the 'moolah' on the day wins hands down. In my neck of the wood, the PDP, ACN, CPC all congregated in different huddles outside the polling booths sharing their ward allocation. I know that this unwanted and uninspiring system will play out one more time this year. Nairaland, saharareporters will make no difference. Majority of the rural Nigeria, do not have access to 'news' or 'government'. It will eventually be naira, bags of rise and pepper soup, etc. All these diatribe here is nonsense, come valentines day. It is too late to change an apathetic Nigerian. I fear that APC is not on the ground. But massive in the virtual world. I want APC to 'properly' challenge PDP. I want Jonathan to sweat for his 'win'

oluwafemi113:
40 days to presidential elections. If you're votingremember this factors;

1. The chibok Girls
2. NNPC Scam
3. Police pension fund
4. Missing 20Billion
5. $9millionArms deal
6. Bomb Blasts
7. Immigration job scam
8.Petroleum pump price
9. Devaluation of Naira
10. Oiltheft
11. Power outage
12. Selling of Nepa
13. Selling of Refineries
14. Skyrocketed Nepa Bills
15. ASUU & poly Strike
16. Doctors Strike
17. National Assembly tragedy
18. Stella's oduah Aviation Scam
19. Kerosene subsidy
20. Insurgency.
21. Judiciary Strike

And lastly Pls vote wisely!
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by callmenow: 8:51pm On Jan 07, 2015
Ignorance ko? Cutting edge IT knowlege and application.

AZeD1:

Ignorance is bliss so i'll let you continue in your ignorance.
Re: APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS by ultraGM: 9:35pm On Jan 07, 2015
But INEC claimed they used EXCEL to collate the Election results to what benefit would it be for APC to hack INEC computer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Queen Maxima Of The Netherlands Visits Gov. Ambode - Pictures / Ifeanyi Ubah Criticises Keyamo, Says He Is Ignorant Of Parliamentary Rules / Iwuanyanwu: There Is No War Between Igbo And Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.