Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Should I Go With Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go With Her? (1237 Views)

Should I Go By Flesh Or Use Condom? / I Keep Smelling Her Pussy Everywhere I Go / My Virgin Girlfriend Has Kidney Issue, I Love Her For Marriage, Should I Go On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go With Her? by mcfynest(m): 8:53pm On Jan 07, 2015
Hi Guys, i need your councel on an issue, please your suggestions are welcomed.

My name z mcfynest and have been dating my fiance for a little over a year now, but now we are having issues relating to what church to attend and which friends to keep i dont blame her on this,cos i told her i was with another girl when she was away(she works in abuja while i work in lagos. My church is a yoruba speaking church, they interprete the yoruba to english, but you know how the yoruba can be dominant! She says they dont allow trousers in church and also to open the hair. More like she isnt welcomed.

The question is this, should i just abandon my church and friends and just follow her Wont it seem has though she is the driver while i am her stooge?

Anyone had such experience before How did you overcome it
Re: Should I Go With Her? by ameryzzy(f): 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2015
If u truly love her. U will weigh both options and go for one. Its not as though u r d loser if u attend hers.
Re: Should I Go With Her? by elantraceey(f): 9:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
Just make sure you leave your church for the right reasons
Re: Should I Go With Her? by mcfynest(m): 9:09pm On Jan 07, 2015
ameryzzy:
If u truly love her. U will weigh both options and go for one. Its not as though u r d loser if u attend hers.

If i dont love her ehn, the moment that church tin start, i wud v freed ha, am not a mama's boi o,buh m also certain my mum wud think am a stooge to a lady
Re: Should I Go With Her? by mcfynest(m): 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2015
elantraceey:
Just make sure you leave your church for the right reasons

In terms of doctrine, the churches are more like same, just that hers is an expatriate church and it allows them to open the hair in church and dress freely(but modestly) i wont mind going with her, but wont this lead to numerous things later?
Re: Should I Go With Her? by elantraceey(f): 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2015
mcfynest:

In terms of doctrine, the churches are more like same, just that hers is an expatriate church and it allows them to open the hair in church and dress freely(but modestly) i wont mind going with her, but wont this lead to numerous things later?

You fear she'll want to impose her rules on you later on right?

I don't think you should fear for that because i understand her reasons here , are you a leader or worker in your church?
Re: Should I Go With Her? by mcfynest(m): 9:29pm On Jan 07, 2015
elantraceey:

You fear she'll want to impose her rules on you later on right?

I don't think you should fear for that because i understand her reasons here , are you a leader or worker in your church?

Wow, good that you replied, you filled with wisdom.

Yes she can be imposing, and i fear if i i take this little step, it may be the beginning of many things to come.

Yes i am a aunday school teacher saddled with responsibility, now you see why it is tough for me?
Re: Should I Go With Her? by yinkus4u2c(f): 9:32pm On Jan 07, 2015
Pls is she igbo? such dat she doesnt understand yoruba bt at least dey interprete. is she only comfortable in trousers? dere r several oda questions runnin thru my mind bt i wont b able to ask all. ds is no issue at all to me...u both shld sit down and decide what u want as to wat ur church shld look like...den look for one arnd and start attending, meaning it shldnt b her church neither shld it be urs. case closed
Re: Should I Go With Her? by elantraceey(f): 9:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
mcfynest:

Wow, good that you replied, you filled with wisdom.

Yes she can be imposing, and i fear if i i take this little step, it may be the beginning of many things to come.

Yes i am a aunday school teacher saddled with responsibility, now you see why it is tough for me?

I don't you should be scared of that because even me won't be comfortable attending a church where i can't wear my smart looking trouser suit and always have to tie my hair all the time .

Hmmmm , that's really though , then you'll have to talk to her and make you understand your position but don't because you're scared of other things coming up , it won't be easy for her though but i feel she'll understand.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go With Her? by mcfynest(m): 9:44pm On Jan 07, 2015
yinkus4u2c:
Pls is she igbo? such dat she doesnt understand yoruba bt at least dey interprete. is she only comfortable in trousers? dere r several oda questions runnin thru my mind bt i wont b able to ask all. ds is no issue at all to me...u both shld sit down and decide what u want as to wat ur church shld look like...den look for one arnd and start attending, meaning it shldnt b her church neither shld it be urs. case closed

all she wants is a church that will welcome her, yes she is ibo, we discussed on finding another church, but she says we we would be attending her church for now! Am on probation now sef, so i gat to start coming to ha church n ha bible study crew so she can know am serious. I understand we are both ib the relationship together, but i feel am the one who should be doing what she is doing. Am i too gentle or wat I Just tire, i am not even listening to my friends advice sef, cos they said i am a definition of LOVE MUGU. embarassed
Re: Should I Go With Her? by mcfynest(m): 9:46pm On Jan 07, 2015
elantraceey:

I don't you should be scared of that because even me won't be comfortable attending a church where i can't wear my smart looking trouser suit and always have to tie my hair all the time .

Hmmmm , that's really though , then you'll have to talk to her and make you understand your position but don't because you're scared of other things coming up , it won't be easy for her though but i feel she'll understand.

Oh thanks, realy greatful
Re: Should I Go With Her? by elantraceey(f): 9:48pm On Jan 07, 2015
mcfynest:

Oh thanks, realy greatful

You're welcome . May God help make the right decisions.
Re: Should I Go With Her? by Mintayo(m): 12:10am On Jan 08, 2015
This is a hard one. But you two need to Discuss..
Do you think you can attend her church? Do you really know her church? I mean really?
Plus I feel she should be attending your church.
Please,if you are planning to marry her, don't attend her church if she can't attend yours. The proper thing is for her to attend your church, she can be wearing whatever she wanna wear outside your church.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go With Her? by yinkus4u2c(f): 12:19am On Jan 08, 2015
mcfynest:

all she wants is a church that will welcome her, yes she is ibo, we discussed on finding another church, but she says we we would be attending her church for now! Am on probation now sef, so i gat to start coming to ha church n ha bible study crew so she can know am serious. I understand we are both ib the relationship together, but i feel am the one who should be doing what she is doing. Am i too gentle or wat I Just tire, i am not even listening to my friends advice sef, cos they said i am a definition of LOVE MUGU. embarassed

ds z turning to sth else...y must it b her church? even she shld learn n start attendin ur church since u r d man. or r u truly a definition of love mugu?

1 Like

Re: Should I Go With Her? by mcfynest(m): 7:53am On Jan 08, 2015
Mintayo:
This is a hard one. But you two need to Discuss..
Do you think you can attend her church? Do you really know her church? I mean really?
Plus I feel she should be attending your church.
Please,if you are planning to marry her, don't attend her church if she can't attend yours. The proper thing is for her to attend your church, she can be wearing whatever she wanna wear outside your church.

hmmmmmmm cry
Re: Should I Go With Her? by Mintayo(m): 8:22am On Jan 08, 2015
mcfynest:

hmmmmmmm cry
I can attend any church. But my spouse can't tell me that when we marry, I will be attending her church, it's not done.
She has to attend my church. These are things that causes tension in homes.
Re: Should I Go With Her? by mcfynest(m): 9:36am On Jan 08, 2015
Mintayo:

I can attend any church. But my spouse can't tell me that when we marry, I will be attending her church, it's not done.
She has to attend my church. These are things that causes tension in homes.

Guess i would need to see her on sunday and talk to her, my plan was that i go for bible study in her church but we will attend my church. Thanks all for the advice. Realy appreaciate a man contributing also, the female were not biazed also. Am considering marrying her, but she just gotta bend i guess.
Re: Should I Go With Her? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 08, 2015
She does not have to bend, you need to find a common ground.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Love Letter The Perfect $ Romantic Way / Why I Hate Chatting With A Guy / She Said Am The Youngest In All Her Guys She' S Chatting Wit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.