Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. (1976 Views)

Bat Sent From The Village To Our Home Hangs Dead On Our Electric Pole / The Amount A Ghanaian Church And Pastor Charges For Miracles (Photos) / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by sunshine1974(m): 11:00am On Jun 14, 2015
I visited my sister sometime ago and I followed her to her church and the pastor said dey needed 5 person to donate 100k each for some church use. Surprising my sister stepped out and wrote dem a cheque. I just shook my head. Because I don't think she can ever give any member of her family such an amount yet it was very easy for her to donate to church. The question is dis "giving to church and ur family suffers is it right?" Infact I was in dare need of cash too as at dat time she couldn't even give me 5k.
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by delishpot: 11:04am On Jun 14, 2015
I wont blame the church here and now cos I do not know how the pastor asked or what he said to them before asking. She is to blame. She is only decieving herself that God will bless her more. I think shr is trying to do the Prophet and the widow with 1 son stunt.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by Mekybliss(f): 11:04am On Jun 14, 2015
Helping someone in need be it family member or not is giving God. Am not saying it's bad to give in church but the timing is wrong.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by ebamma(m): 11:07am On Jun 14, 2015
Hmm
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by doublewisdom: 11:08am On Jun 14, 2015
Mekybliss:
Helping someone in need be it family member or not is giving God. Am not saying it's bad to give in church but the timing is wrong.
Jesus say that "whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers that you do unto me ".

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by Young03(m): 11:10am On Jun 14, 2015
so terrific
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by Tallesty1(m): 11:11am On Jun 14, 2015
Auction your sister on OLX and use the money to take care of your Mom.angryangryangry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 14, 2015
He that claims to love God and hate his brother is a liar...

Its somewhere around 1st John...

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 14, 2015
Your sister is obviously not a true christian.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by testament007: 11:17am On Jun 14, 2015
Anoda pastor worshipper undecided

1 Like

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by byteHead(m): 11:17am On Jun 14, 2015
alfred5:
He that claims to love God and hate his brother is a liar...

Its somewhere around 1st John...

1st John 4:20

"If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?"

Most pastors and MOG hardly quote this verse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by knightsTempler: 11:19am On Jun 14, 2015
Smh!
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by Maser: 11:20am On Jun 14, 2015
sunshine1974:
I visited my sister sometime ago and I followed her to her church and the pastor said dey needed 5 person to donate 100k each for some church use. Surprising my sister stepped out and wrote dem a cheque. I just shook my head. Because I don't think she can ever give any member of her family such an amount yet it was very easy for her to donate to church. The question is dis "giving to church and ur family suffers is it right?" Infact I was in dare need of cash too as at dat time she couldn't even give me 5k.

In God's book, family comes first! Deut 14:26
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by jnrbayano(m): 11:20am On Jun 14, 2015
sunshine1974:

I'm not sure if your sister understands very clearly the sufferings of her people otherwise I find her neglect shocking.
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by sunshine1974(m): 11:26am On Jun 14, 2015
Very stingy to the family and friends too but quick to give in the church. This is someone dat even complains dat 10k is too big to pay her house help. I just taya.
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by sunshine1974(m): 11:27am On Jun 14, 2015
How else will she understand? Shey until we all die finish?
jnrbayano:

I'm not sure if your sister understands very clearly the sufferings of her people otherwise I find her neglect shocking.
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by sunshine1974(m): 11:29am On Jun 14, 2015
Very few pastors preach about helping the needed in the society, dey hardly even preach about helping church members. U go to church and u will see poor people littered every where yet d pastor still collects from dem.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by jaymichael(m): 11:36am On Jun 14, 2015
sunshine1974:
She gave to GOD, not to the church or the pastor. Many christians suffer because we don't know the essence of sacrifice. Ask any successful person what he or she has sacrificed to attain success, you will be amazed. Remember Elijah, the widow and her son during the time of famine in the Bible? Do you even know the problem she has or what she is pursuing to make her sacrifice that amount? do you know what ministered to her heart? If you can make her see reason why she should take care of her parents and family, it is fine but you shouldn't question whatever she decides to give or do for GOD.
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by jnrbayano(m): 11:37am On Jun 14, 2015
sunshine1974:
How else will she understand? Shey until we all die finish?

Her lack of understand of your family situation is indeed very shocking.

Have you attempted talking with her about her "generous" donation to the church and how that mocks your not-so-good family situation?
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by sunshine1974(m): 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
If u try to talk about such a thing u will bcom her enemy
jnrbayano:

Her lack of understand of your family situation is indeed very shocking.

Have you attempted talking with her about her "generous" donation to the church and how that mocks your not-so-good family situation?
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by sunshine1974(m): 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
Ok pastor jaymichael
jaymichael:
She gave to GOD, not to the church or the pastor. Many christians suffer because we don't know the essence of sacrifice. Ask any successful person what he or she has sacrificed to attain success, you will be amazed. Remember Elijah, the widow and her son during the time of famine in the Bible? Do you even know the problem she has or what she is pursuing to make her sacrifice that amount? do you know what ministered to her heart? If you can make her see reason why she should take care of her parents and family, it is fine but you shouldn't question whatever she decides to give or do for GOD.
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by jaymichael(m): 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
sunshine1974:
Ok pastor jaymichael
Pastor ke? sinner like me.
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
jaymichael:

Utter rubbish, she gave because she has been brainwashed into believing the lies her pastor fed her with. A church that makes people come out to make their big donations public is definitely not a church that is serving God.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by efficiencie(m): 1:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
Only Pharisees would encourage a person to give gifts to the church and make one's aged loved ones suffer in penury...Jesus attacks these Pharisee-teachers in Mark 7:9-13! Honor your father and your mother with your substance and give gifts to the Lord's servants - do not rob one to pay the other!

1 Like

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by jnrbayano(m): 1:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
sunshine1974:
If u try to talk about such a thing u will bcom her enemy

That suggests you or any other person have attempted talking to her already...
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by jaymichael(m): 2:09pm On Jun 14, 2015
Jagoon:

Utter rubbish, she gave because she has been brainwashed into believing the lies her pastor fed her with. A church that makes people come out to make their big donations public is definitely not a church that is serving God.
You could be right though, remember, creed and conviction are personal and its justifications are lost to a neutral or disinterested observer or assessor.
Remember also that the best wisdom of man is foolishness before GOD and the foolishness of GOD is greater than the greatest of the wisdom of men. Giving and sacrifice is painful.
Hannah gave her only child back to GOD, Abraham was ready to sacrifice his only son, Solomon gave the sacrifice that none has given before, GOD gave us his only beloved son, JESUS gave his life in suffering and pain, and his name was exhorted about all. What if the poor widow refused to give Elijah the last food she had at home? One should not mock or question or rebuke others for giving to GOD the way they deem fit in other not to be struck by barrenness as David's wife when he mocked David (a whole king) as he was giving GOD praise to the extent he his robe came off and his unclothedness exposed.
We should give to GOD and man. Touch lives positively and help the needy and those within your capacity to.
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
She is wrong
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by bimp08: 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
the best of charity and dat which should come first is charity to ur family esp ur mother . If we all did that, the world would be a better place

1 Like

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by plaetton: 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
jaymichael:

I smell a rat.
Can you tell us how giving to family or people in need is quite different from giving to God?

And also tell us how the money given to church, a private church in the case Nigeria, ends up in god's hands.

Why and how are pastors money collecting agents for god?

Since God is everywhere and in everything, wouldn't unconditional giving to any creature in need be the easiest, most transparent way to give to god, if at all he needs money?
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by sunshine1974(m): 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
Oga jaymichael, Elijah was hungry u said, I will give food to anyman dats hungry irrespective of weda man of God or not. Moreover all dis happened in the bible and unique cases, different totally from what we are saying. Anyway dats ur opinion. U can go and give money to the church and leave ur family to suffer. Remember God himself cannot and will never contradict himself.
jaymichael:
You could be right though, remember, creed and conviction are personal and its justifications are lost to a neutral or disinterested observer or assessor.
Remember also that the best wisdom of man is foolishness before GOD and the foolishness of GOD is greater than the greatest of the wisdom of men. Giving and sacrifice is painful.
Hannah gave her only child back to GOD, Abraham was ready to sacrifice his only son, Solomon gave the sacrifice that none has given before, GOD gave us his only beloved son, JESUS gave his life in suffering and pain, and his name was exhorted about all. What if the poor widow refused to give Elijah the last food she had at home? One should not mock or question or rebuke others for giving to GOD the way they deem fit in other not to be struck by barrenness as David's wife when he mocked David (a whole king) as he was giving GOD praise to the extent he his robe came off and his unclothedness exposed.
We should give to GOD and man. Touch lives positively and help the needy and those within your capacity to.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by frank317: 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
Your sister is under the spell of her pastor. She needs deliverance. She needs deliverance, only total emancipation from a believe in a magical sky daddy will save her
Re: My Sister Donated 100k In Church And My Mum Suffers In The Village. by hahn(m): 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
frank317:
Your sister is under the spell of her pastor. She needs deliverance. She needs deliverance, only total emancipation from a believe in a magical sky daddy will save her

Lol. Don't knock the pastor's hustle bro

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

WHY You Should Never Listen To An Atheist Who Has Religious Parent Or Family / Slaves Who Love Their Chains / "I Was A Christian For 25 Years...."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.