Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists (22846 Views)

5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists / When You Think That God Called You Into The Ministry But... (pic) / Amazing Scientific Proof That Hell Exists. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by DieeDiee: 8:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
truthman2012:

Whether your dreams will come true or not depends on the type of spirit that dwells inside of you. Solomon, Joseph and many others dreamt and they came true. God do send messages to people in dream. If you don't have God, your dream may be seeing chicken, rats, snake etc

3 years ago I dreamed of getting into a car and driving myself to hospital where I gave birth. (I don't have any children by the way) Does this dream also mean I don't have God?
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by truthman2012(m): 8:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
DieeDiee:

I don't live in Nigeria where I live in the city we don't rear chickens we get them frozen in the store already dead

Ok. But since you have not seen life chicken before, how did you identify it was chicken?

If you were a Christian, seeing chicken in the dream could have a meaning: either you are enjoined to stop eating it for some time or rear it as a business. But if you are not certain of what it means, you have to pray for clearer revelation.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by DieeDiee: 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
truthman2012:

Ok. But since you have not seen life chicken before, how did you identify it was chicken?

If you were a Christian, seeing chicken in the dream could have a meaning: either you are enjoined to stop eating it for some time or rear it as a business. But if you are not certain of what it means, you have to pray for clearer revelation.

Do you know what a lion or elephant looks like? Have you ever seen a real life elephant or lion? How do you identify it's a lion or elephant?
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by truthman2012(m): 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
DieeDiee:

Do you know what a lion or elephant looks like? Have you ever seen a real life elephant or lion? How do you identify it's a lion or elephant?

I saw them on TV.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by davien(m): 8:48pm On Jan 09, 2015
truthman2012:

Whether your dreams will come true or not depends on the type of spirit that dwells inside of you. Solomon, Joseph and many others dreamt and they came true. God do send messages to people in dream. If you don't have God, your dream may be seeing chicken, rats, snake etc
All the people you mentioned above and those dreams are still claimed in the bible so how does that make it true if you're using the bible to confirm itself?
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by truthman2012(m): 8:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
davien:
All the people you mentioned above and those dreams are still claimed in the bible so how does that make it true if you're using the bible to confirm itself?

Apart from the bible, I have had many dreams coming true.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by DieeDiee: 9:18pm On Jan 09, 2015
truthman2012:

Apart from the bible, I have had many dreams coming true.

Then you must be psychic.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by truthman2012(m): 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
DieeDiee:

Then you must be psychic.

No. The word 'psychic' has to do with occulticism, the congregation of satanists. I'm a child of God.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by davien(m): 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
truthman2012:

No. The word 'psychic' has to do with occulticism, the congregation of satanists. I'm a child of God.
which means?
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by truthman2012(m): 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
davien:
which means?

Am not a psychic.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by honourhim: 11:00pm On Jan 09, 2015
DieeDiee:

Well! Judging from the world He guessed wrong unless this horrible world is His way which goes back to my earlier statement that God isn't so loving after all.

The world is a combination of good and bad and this appears to be how God wants it. This leads back to what i said earlier on about his concept for creation- to make manifest his characteristics.
Thi.ngs that happen in life happen because he allowed it. See what he allowed Jesus to pass through on earth because its his concept for the redemption plan. His love for Jesus didnt make him to stop him(Jesus) from fulfilling his(God's) concept for our redemption.

As for the one you talked about taking him 50 billion years to set things right, its not so. if you follow his plan for this world in tbe bible you ll see that theres nothing in his plan that shows that this world will get better rather it ll be getting worse until the last day when he ll wipe out this present earth and heaven and create a new perfect one

Obviously there is nothing we can do to manouvre God than to make ourselves fit into the good side of his eternal plan. Hating him and telling ourselves that he does not exist is never a solution. God is bigger and greater than us beyond measure.
This is my opinion sweetheart. The choice remains yours.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by DieeDiee: 5:45am On Jan 10, 2015
truthman2012:

I saw them on TV.

So if you can tell what a lion and elephant is without ever having seen one live what makes you think that although I've never seen a live chicken I don't known what a chicken is? I even know there are different types of chicken with different kinds of meat.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by DieeDiee: 6:06am On Jan 10, 2015
truthman2012:

No you are a child of your mother and father. Had they not lain together you wouldn't be here.

Other beliefs have their own explanations for premonitions eg, it could have been your ancestors or you have a psychic gift. Psychic abilities have nothing to do with satanists many cultures (which are not satanic) believe there are those among them with special gifts of talking to the spirits.

Here's something for you to think about: in this vast world of many nations and culture why do a majority of them (with some discrepancies) have somewhat very similar spiritual beliefs. Does the fact that someone from a remote village in Africa have somewhat similar beliefs with someone in the deep jungles of the Amazon not make you wonder if maybe there is some truth in their beliefs if people of such vast distance can share similarities?

1 Like

Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by DieeDiee: 6:26am On Jan 10, 2015
honourhim:

The world is a combination of good and bad and this appears to be how God wants it. This leads back to what i said earlier on about his concept for creation- to make manifest his characteristics.
Thi.ngs that happen in life happen because he allowed it. See what he allowed Jesus to pass through on earth because its his concept for the redemption plan. His love for Jesus didnt make him to stop him(Jesus) from fulfilling his(God's) concept for our redemption.

As for the one you talked about taking him 50 billion years to set things right, its not so. if you follow his plan for this world in tbe bible you ll see that theres nothing in his plan that shows that this world will get better rather it ll be getting worse until the last day when he ll wipe out this present earth and heaven and create a new perfect one

Obviously there is nothing we can do to manouvre God than to make ourselves fit into the good side of his eternal plan. Hating him and telling ourselves that he does not exist is never a solution. God is bigger and greater than us beyond measure.
This is my opinion sweetheart. The choice remains yours.

That is the point! If He is so loving and caring of His creations why does He allow atrocities to happen to them? How can He sit back and cooly watch an innocent, young girl get kidnapped, raped and be forcefully married off to a Boko Haram soldier? How can he sit back and watch a young 4 year old malnourished child with sores, broken skin and sorry for an excuse scraps of dirty cloth for clothing cry as it scourers the floor in search for food? How does he sit back and watch a 6 year old child go down on its knees and open its mouth so that "uncle/grandpa/daddy" can pleasure himself? Is the Boko Haram soldier one of the faces of God? Is a 60 year old man sexually abusing a child a manifestation of God's characteristic? Wow, I'd much rather be heathen and go to hell as it cannot worse than this. You and your God cannot use sin as an excuse. What was He expecting if He failed to give Africans, Asians etc. their own Moses, Abram, Noah and company. He never sent Jesus to them so how can He turn around now and claim it is punishment for their heathen past when He had sat back century after century watching these nations practice their believe, even BLESSING them with riches and abundance! Lastly, my question remains: why does He need 50 billions years to execute His plan, why not now?

Ps: I don't hate God how can I hate something that does not exist? Besides, hate is such a waste of emotion.

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by truthman2012(m): 9:52am On Jan 10, 2015
@ DieeDiee

Atrocities committed by man cannot be blamed on God as you have claimed. Atrocities could be summarized as 'evil'. Evil is the absence of God just as darkness is absence of light.

If man decides not to obey God and lack His presence despite His general invitation, then he (man) should be held liable to whatever happens.

Of all the atrocities you highlighted, you cannot find any committed by God's people, I mean the born-again. They were committed by people who do not know God.

God cannot give every continent their own prophets as it will mean repitition of His messages.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by DieeDiee: 11:27am On Jan 10, 2015
truthman2012:
@ DieeDiee

Atrocities committed by man cannot be blamed on God as you have claimed. Atrocities could be summarized as 'evil'. Evil is the absence of God just as darkness is absence of light.

Who's fault is it that He is absent when He remains to hide Himself? When He hid Himself from the rest of the world for thousands of years? No. Stop trying to tie up things that don't tie up. Evil does not mean absence of God.
1) Dictionary definition:
evil - /ˈiːv(ə)l,-vɪl/
adjective
1. profoundly immoral and wicked.
2. (of a smell or sight) extremely
unpleasant.
noun
1. profound immorality and wickedness,
especially when regarded as a
supernatural force.

2) Earlier you said nothing can create something. If there is absence there is nothing because absence means "not there". Meaning if evil is the absence of God then evil is nothing because nothing can create something but that is faulty as we KNOW evil is something because we WITNESS it meaning then to define evil as the absence of God is untrue, faulty and misleading because according to you only God can create something out of nothing (He created Himself out of nothing) meaning only God can create evil. But for Him to create He not only has to be there but He is aware of His creation and is doing it with full consciousness. Therefore evil is not the absence of God but the conscious creation of God.

If man decides not to obey God and lack His presence despite His general invitation, then he (man) should be held liable to whatever happens.

1) What invitation is that when He "allowed" our ancestors, for example, to be "heathen" for centuries? If He was fine with that for centuries on end is it not then reasonable for us to see no wrong in our "heathen" ways? He was okay with them before, why not now?

2) What do you have to say about that poor mama who wakes up every morning, stands in the street corner at the mercy of the heavens, selling her wares for pitiless pennies tirelessly day after day trying to feed her 8 children whom she is raising alone because the husband that used to beat her night after night decided to get himself a new wife, leaving this poor woman and her children homeless and penniless. Now this woman who regardless of the weather goes to church to worship God, regardless how tired she is will pray before she gets into bed and first thing when she wakes up. She prays for God to help her and her children to not get kicked out of the room she can't afford to rent. She not only gets kicked out but her children are bullied and made fun of because they are so poor. One of her children is sickly, another is disabled and another had been raped by an uncle that had promised to take care of her. Has this woman not accepted God's invitation? Is she liable for what is happening to her - prayer after prayer?

Of all the atrocities you highlighted, you cannot find any committed by God's people, I mean the born-again. They were committed by people who do not know God.

You should take your nose out of the bible sometimes and experience the world with us. Who doesn't know about the worldwide cases of child molestation by Catholic priests? That man or woman who sits next to you every Sunday, prays the loudest and is always the first one to faint - you don't know what he or she is up to Monday to Saturday.

God cannot give every continent their own prophets as it will mean repitition of His messages.

So He'd much rather they live in darkness so that He can punish them for their lack of knowledge? There are only 7 continents in the world. How many "prophets" did He send the Israelites? Did those prophets not repeat the same message? Besides what's wrong with repetition if the message is important and of truth?

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by truthman2012(m): 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2015
Coming to answer you @ DieeDiee, my batery is low, expecting power to be restored.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by DieeDiee: 12:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
truthman2012:
Coming to answer you @ DieeDiee, my batery is low, expecting power to be restored.

Lol, okay

1 Like

Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by davien(m): 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2015
timonski:
http://www.fnal.gov/pub/science/inquiring/matter/ airhead
This is what I keep trying to tell people... "nothing" as commonly understood is non-existent..or atleast we haven't found a case where anything is absolutely "nothing"
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
No, the dieediee dude was saying that an atom is the smallest unit of matter, and can't be further divided
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by jayriginal: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
truthman2012:
Cause and Effect—Scientific Proof that God Exists
by Kyle Butt, M.A.

WHY DOES GOD NOT HAVE A CAUSE?

Hold on just a minute! If we contend that every material effect must have a cause, and we say that only God could have caused the Universe, then the obvious question is: “What caused God?” Doesn’t the law of cause and effect apply to God, too?

There is a single word in the law of cause and effect that helps provide the answer to this question—the word material. Every material effect must have a cause that existed before it. Scientists formulated the law of cause and effect based upon what they have observed while studying this Universe, which is made out of matter. No science experiment in the world can be performed on God, because He is an eternal spirit, not matter (John 4:24). Science is far from learning everything about this material world, and it is even farther from understanding the eternal nature of God. There had to be a First Cause, and God was (and is) the only One suitable for the job.

This is known as special pleading, a common fallacy. Everything except . . .

Oh and see the bolded, that effectively negates any notions of scientifically proving God.

CONCLUSION

The law of cause and effect is a well-established law that does not have any known exceptions.

Except God right?

LMAO

2 Likes

Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by truthman2012(m): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
DieeDiee

Earlier you said nothing can create something. If there is absence there is nothing because absence means "not there". Meaning if evil is the absence of God then evil is nothing because nothing can create something but that is faulty as we KNOW evil is something because we WITNESS it meaning then to define evil as the absence of God is untrue, faulty and misleading because according to you only God can create something out of nothing (He created Himself out of nothing) meaning only God can create evil. But for Him to create He not only has to be there but He is aware of His creation and is doing it with full consciousness. Therefore evil is not the absence of God but the conscious creation of God.

Evil is an action and not a creation. People act evil when God is not in their lives.

What invitation is that when He "allowed" our ancestors, for example, to be "heathen" for centuries? If He was fine with that for centuries on end is it not then reasonable for us to see no wrong in our "heathen" ways? He was okay with them before, why not now?

They were heathens because they did not hear about God. God has a programme for every race and generation. When it was time for Africa, Assia, etc., the Gospel got to them. And for those ancestors who did not hear the gospel, God made a provision for them too. When Jesus died, the bible says : For this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead (I Peter 6). Our ancestors also had the opportunity to hear the gospel even in their graves. Congratulations to those of them who believed it.

What do you have to say about that poor mama who wakes up every morning, stands in the street corner at the mercy of the heavens, selling her wares for pitiless pennies tirelessly day after day trying to feed her 8 children whom she is raising alone because the husband that used to beat her night after night decided to get himself a new wife, leaving this poor woman and her children homeless and penniless. Now this woman who regardless of the weather goes to church to worship God, regardless how tired she is will pray before she gets into bed and first thing when she wakes up. She prays for God to help her and her children to not get kicked out of the room she can't afford to rent. She not only gets kicked out but her children are bullied and made fun of because they are so poor. One of her children is sickly, another is disabled and another had been raped by an uncle that had promised to take care of her. Has this woman not accepted God's invitation? Is she liable for what is happening to her - prayer after prayer?

I do not believe in Catholic faith in the first place. They worship Mary contrary to the bible. There is nowhere Jesus said his mother should be worshiped. Then, was she poor because she was going to church? NO. She would have been poor the same if she was an atheist. That somebody is righteous is not a condition for being rich. Lazarus was a VERY poor man but yet recognized by God, while the rich man's name was not recognized in heaven (Luke 16:20-25) They call him rich man and not his name because his name is not in the Book of Life. This is not a parable, it was a reality.

You should take your nose out of the bible sometimes and experience the world with us. Who doesn't know about the worldwide cases of child molestation by Catholic priests? That man or woman who sits next to you every Sunday, prays the loudest and is always the first one to faint - you don't know what he or she is up to Monday to Saturday.

Like I said before, I don't believe in Catholic, they do a lot of things contrary to the bible. Besides, Jesus said not everybody who calls him Lord will enter heaven but only those who do the will of God. You don't go to heaven because you a pastor, priest, bishop etc., only those who do the will of God. Jesus said we should look unto him the author of our faith and not any pastor or church goer. Even, one of Jesus disciples disappointed him.

So He'd much rather they live in darkness so that He can punish them for their lack of knowledge? There are only 7 continents in the world. How many "prophets" did He send the Israelites? Did those prophets not repeat the same message? Besides what's wrong with repetition if the message is important and of truth?

I think I have answered a bit of this earlier. God would not punish them for lack of knowledge but for refusal to accept knowledge as they too have the opportunity to hear God's word. Abraham was called out from among idolaters and was counted for him as faith. Who knows if God called people also from all the continents and they refused? God gives man freewill to choose, that is why He keeps looking at everyone: atheists, christians, idolaters, muslims etc. But a day of reckoning is coming why people will account for their choices. But one thing am sure of: anyone who opposes a judge cannot be discharged and acquitted.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by truthman2012(m): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
jayriginal:

This is known as special pleading, a common fallacy. Everything except . . .

Oh and see the bolded, that effectively negates any notions of scientifically proving God.

Except God right?

LMAO

God is beyond human experiments. He is invisible as even you cannot see your own spirit

What in your knowledge caused the universe as nothing can cause something.

1 Like

Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
@truthman Lol, it was a parable...duh. So what did the poor lazarus do to merit heaven. Does being poor/wretched guarantee one of heaven?
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by truthman2012(m): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
timonski:
@truthman Lol, it was a parable...duh. So what did the poor lazarus do to merit heaven. Does being poor/wretched guarantee one of heaven?

It was not a parable because Lazarus and Abraham were humans who once lived in the world.

It wasn't poverty that took Lazarus to heaven but the type of life he might have lived that pleased God.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by DieeDiee: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
timonski:
http://www.fnal.gov/pub/science/inquiring/matter/ airhead

1) What is this? What is your point? What does it have to do with me saying okay? I'm not going to open anything without knowing why.
2) In case you haven't noticed the conversation has moved on please keep up and do not deviate us.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
truthman2012:

It was not a parable because Lazarus and Abraham were humans who once lived in the world.

It wasn't poverty that took Lazarus to heaven but the type of life he might have lived that pleased God.
there are many mary's in the bible. The lazarus we are discussing here is that of the "rich man and lazarus" story/parable. This lazarus is different from mary and martha's brother, whom i believe always played host to Jesus christ. I am saying that this poor lazarus did nothng that merits heaven. Being poor doesn't give u access to heaven and that's why it was a parable
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 10, 2015
DieeDiee:

1) What is this? What is your point? What does it have to do with me saying okay? I'm not going to open anything without knowing why.
2) In case you haven't noticed the conversation has moved on please keep up and do not deviate us.
u have already read the content of that page, don't pretend. MR KNOW ALL, you insulted me saying i should get a refund from my alma mata. Now, tell me, who is the dunce? How can an atheist know nothing about science and logical reasoning? This is shameful!
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by truthman2012(m): 4:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
timonski:
there are many mary's in the bible. The lazarus we are discussing here is that of the "rich man and lazarus" story/parable. This lazarus is different from mary and martha's brother, whom i believe always played host to Jesus christ. I am saying that this poor lazarus did nothng that merits heaven. Being poor doesn't give u access to heaven and that's why it was a parable

First, I maintain that the fact that Jesus mentioned two human names shows it was not a parable.

Not the whole record of Lazarus life is narrated, so you are not in the position to know what he did to qualify for heaven.
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
truthman2012:

First, I maintain that the fact that Jesus mentioned two human names shows it was not a parable.

Not the whole record of Lazarus life is narrated, so you are not in the position to know what he did to qualify for heaven.
from what you have posted so far, men have been going to hell even before christ came. Peter said that the gospel was also preached to the dead, and solomon said the dead know nothing.
How can one preach the gospel to the dead if they are already in either heaven or hell. How can the dead be raised to face judgment when they are already in hell or heaven? You see the fallacy in your argument?
Re: Scientific Proof That God Exists: For Atheists by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
@truthman. So u are saying that the lazarus in that story must have been mary and martha's brother?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals / 4 Ways Parents Unknowingly Push Their Children Away From God. / Anja Ringgren Loven Rescues Another Child Abandoned In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.