Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. (23380 Views)

NYSC Members Sacked And Evicted For Resisting Corruption / Official Payment for Corpers Participating in the Elections! / 2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by donwise1(m): 9:49am On Jan 10, 2015
Dosoq:
i participated in d 2011 election(zamfara),my candid advice 2 corp members dt wil b involved, especially dos in the north is dat u rily av 2 be on guard,be very careful,dont do "i too know" cos its certain dt u'll see minors(underaged) coming 2 vote wit deir voters card,n u'll begin 2 wonder "how com,who registered dem". God wil b watch ova u guys,above all,dont allow greed 2 tak over u,All d best.

NB: if ur mind no carry am,abeg no do,cos it mite b full of crisis esp d northern states.
am currently serving in zamfara state.
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by amsoslim(m): 9:52am On Jan 10, 2015
You forgot to add one of the most impotant info: incase you are posted to one of the northErn stateS take permission from PPA rush down to your village ask for d best BAba let him pRePare ODeishi for u agaisnt bombs n aboki knife...A word is enuf fr d wise
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Abba999(f): 9:56am On Jan 10, 2015
donwise1:
Good one but am still contemplating whether to participate. am serving in one of the northern states and security is an issue for me.
FTC experience for the first time this year in Nairaland. Baba God Noni

Keep thinking... while them de-monsters are patiently waiting for u to despose yourself. undecided
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 10, 2015
Hmmm...4get it ooo if u"re serving in the north; the last tin a colleague heard b4 his death was sai buhari...its nt ur portion tho'...ps if u love ur life!

1 Like

Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Valmesk(m): 10:36am On Jan 10, 2015
for corpers serving in the north,Fear not,in the days of the election,pls wear casual clothes inside ur 7 over 7,once u hear ''allah akbar'' ''god is great'',o boy pull off ur 7 over 7 and take ben johnson,pls no play federal pikin,dat govt will protect u,create ur own protective measures.Pls we can't afford to loose any corper in this election because it doesn't worth it.

1 Like

Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Naavah(f): 10:38am On Jan 10, 2015
Why did I register sef.
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 10, 2015
When you collect bribe, whether because all the others are collecting it too, or due to enticement....Better dance to the PDP tune ( though am not in support), because if you don't, they will come and meet you later in the night to collect their money...Just speaking from firsthand experience

Also, no need to die a needless death...These politicians are out to rape and use you for their selfish gains...If you die, they will give your family five million and later on steal 20 billion dollars x 200naira current exchange rate

So when you are collecting the five thousand to fifty thousand bribe money...Remember that!!!

1 Like

Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2015
Valmesk:
for corpers serving in the north,Fear not,in the days of the election,pls wear casual clothes inside ur 7 over 7,once u hear ''allah akbar'' ''god is great'',o boy pull off ur 7 over 7 and take ben johnson,pls no play federal pikin,dat govt will protect u,create ur own protective measures.Pls we can't afford to loose any corper in this election because it doesn't worth it.
If your polling unit is inside the bush, and takes 1 hour okada ride....when you are on your way, when you get there, please, just be looking like mumu and do everything the majority people say you should...it can mean the difference between life and death.
And , don't try running away if you are taken deep into the bush, there are lots of wild animals, and you can't even escape...just do like Jona and let the time pass, and eat what they give you. They will take you home after , in peace...Be safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyYabvnfDJg
a clip from my trip into the lion's den

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoDqt1pvdkA
Another funny clip of some guy being shown his mud abode for the next 1 year and the look of perplexity on his face
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2015
madridfc:

This is the part that always makes things complicated.

bros.. Can i get ya digit pls, want you to clarify something for me regarding ebay and LSM
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Samgreguc(m): 11:07am On Jan 10, 2015
chidiswt:
I did d online registration to participate in the inec election exercise, bu d address dt I usd is my hometown. Meaning I do not wish to participate in d exercise here in ondo state whr m presently serving. Does anyone know d possibilities f participating in d exercise in my hometown?
Pls can one still reg online?
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 10, 2015
papiforreal:

bros.. Can i get ya digit pls, want you to clarify something for me regarding ebay and LSM
Ok, ♈όϋ can send me a pm.
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by litetias(m): 11:18am On Jan 10, 2015
NYSC should be scrapped
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Ibotex(m): 11:55am On Jan 10, 2015
Aitee1:

Did I hear u mention army

Those thick village in the north nothing like army oh...during my service 2011 it was only civil defence with bartin that were guiding us and when the fight started they disappeared...and that was one of the so called peaceful nothern state oh...Jigawa! The only rescue team we had then was from NYSC officials.
I was discussing with a batch A corps member yesterday, He said they may pass out before the elections but their Discharge will only be given after the elections.
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by heatmeup(f): 12:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
PerfumeRepublik:

Oh! Really? Well that timeline has refused to update itself since 2011..
He was killed days later.that's why.life means nothing to these berbers
wow how? was he monitored?
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by kendraloops(f): 12:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
stagger, you are blessed. I pray they listen
Muslim pple are not from this planet, esp those in the north. Their fanaticsm no be here. I remember passing a mosque back in School in Minna and the imam was telling them to clear anyone they see not voting for buhari.

Nobody tell me before i carry my left legs run go Abj and o boy, they destroyed things wen results were announced.

I also overheard some boys telling a police woman not to come near a certain polling booth cos they were gonna make it hot and they don't want the woman to die, that's why they were tipping her off.
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by kilokeys(m): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
erhmm.. i was presiding officer 2011.

did things i wasn't proud of but had no choice.. even ur SPO might b compromised.

had to cross a river into an interior village. where a ruling party shared 2 pieces of maggi cubes to get a vote, where 4 boys were given #50 each to end my life, where there was no network, no electricity. and the nearest bank was 4 hours away on bike.

if u dont wanna get ur hands dirty.. steer clear.

a word sha
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by jaytee01(m): 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
gboss4sure:
Those participating in the north should be extremely careful, because they will force under aged voters on you and from February 15 to 16th when the result will be likely announced, make sure you are in a military barrack because there will be a repetition of what happened in 2011 in the north.

Left me with me, it would have been corpers from the north should serve in the north during this election period but the rigging over there will be massive.

In all, Stay Safe
I believe you guys are just scaremongers.

Though some parts of the north are volatile sometimes, post election violence is mostly a consequence of the perception of rigging. This is true in ALL PARTS OF THE WORLD!
As for rigging, it is well known that the SS is the headquarters of rigging in Nigeria. I stand to be corrected on this. There is rigging everywhere but in the SS you hardly see any voting but allocation of votes. That is how you have 90% votere turnout always!
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Valmesk(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
Pls,highly regarded serving corp members,it's the dream of most graduates to serve their fatherland but still have it at the back of your mind that the nation you are serving will just shed crocodile tears and promise to pay a paltry sum to the bereaved,once some fugitives display their devilish actions on you when performing this national INEC duty,pls note these things,if ever there are tendencies to snatch the ballot box,pls never hesitate,allow them to do their wish,there are under age voters in north,never complain about that openly,kindly refer to ur superior about ur observation and keep mute,never collect money openly from any party agents if ur conscience accepts dat(but it's wrong),don't rush to announce the winner in ur polling unit,rather easily and quietly paste the result sheet and leave immediately because the result might sound different to few elements who might start protesting,you urself should be the number1 guide of urself,pls don't put all ur trust to the security agents,some of them are northerners and might conspire against you,if it's possible don't wear ur 7 over 7,just pick ur cap only,some new corpers are likely to fall 4 dis,pls the summary of it all is be safety conscious and if ur mind is telling u not to participate,pls don't participate, it's a stipend of less Dan 50k that will be paid,remember ur family and loved ones,ur fiance and fiancee and ur fruitful future.They can't afford to miss u.Let's keep on praying for a violent free election.

3 Likes

Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by bibitutu(m): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ambi25:

The safety of the life of a corps member is of paramount concern to the Nigeria Nation. This is because the ultimate success of the corps member as a catalyst for unity and social development is inexorably linked to his being alive. So, as we move into an election period it's important i communicate with Corps members as their contributions in participation in elections is of great help to the Nation at this period.

It is not going to be an easy task especially for the new corps members but it worth more to be part of the excercise. The foundamental of a successful service year is the orientation course programme.

Followed by other vital activities that comes a while if as a corps member you are lucky to be in service during this period, activivities such as engaging in elections process.

So what does it take Corps Members to be focused during elections?
* Make up your mind to adapt, submit to and obey all the Election rules and regulations spelt out by INEC
* Determine to persevere, be painstaking and diligent
* Be ready to move to remote areas and stay for a day for elections exercise
* Endeavour, as a matter of compulsion, to carefully read and study all printed matters issued.
* In group where possible or individually, the corp members should aclimatise with the traditional ruler, local government chairman, distric police officer, sss, civil defence corps unit etc.

These are the key players in the security of the community during elections
you may also check out the professional ethics for election officials coming soon.

Cheers!!

#Nigeria2015elections

Source: http://nigeriacurrentaffairs1..com/2015/01/guidelines-for-nysc-members.html#more

If you will get your self involved with the Elections don't be partisan while on duty play according to the rules of the games
Don't see it as a medium to make stupid money.
Politicians are not worth dying for definitely they will aproch you to write the result to there favour or help them inguage with multiple voting and when the opposing party see this just know your head may go for it

Please just be neutral and let the best man win shocked
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by jaytee01(m): 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
Bennymontana:
Hmmm...4get it ooo if u"re serving in the north; the last tin a colleague heard b4 his death was sai buhari...its nt ur portion tho'...ps if u love ur life!
And he came back from the dead to tell you that?
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Xcex: 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
Lukin 4ward 2 it in edo state. We blive in change, bt d devil we knw is beta dan d angel we knew.

1 Like

Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by jaytee01(m): 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
stagger:
If you are a corper serving in the north, better read this. Start working on a plan of escape. Rehearse it daily. Keep physical cash on yourselves. Liaise with your family on an effective rescue plan in case you are stranded. Make sure u own a power bank for your phones in case you have to be on the run in the bush for days.

If you have the access, own a firearm. Borrowing from 2011 and from what those of us here have been hearing these Hausa boys say all over town recently, there is definitely going to be trouble if Buhari loses. Already in some northern states, my personal intelligence network has picked stories of people being beaten for merely mentioning the name Jonathan. Recently I was in a place in Abuja where it was "sai Bihari" all around me.

If you value your life as a corper serving in the north, take thus advice very seriously. Your life may depend on it. If several corpers could be killed and raped in 2011 because they were supposedly aiding GEJ in performing electoral duty, imagine 2015 when the stakes are exceedingly higher.
Mr Stagger, has your personal intelligence network revealed the location of the chibok girls?
Have you liased with security agencies?
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by heatmeup(f): 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
Naavah:
Why did I register sef.
u don dey fear?
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by uzolexis(f): 1:21pm On Jan 10, 2015
kilokeys:
erhmm.. i was presiding officer 2011.

did things i wasn't proud of but had no choice.. even ur SPO might b compromised.

had to cross a river into an interior village. where a ruling party shared 2 pieces of maggi cubes to get a vote, where 4 boys were given #50 each to end my life, where there was no network, no electricity. and the nearest bank was 4 hours away on bike.

if u dont wanna get ur hands dirty.. steer clear.

a word sha

2 pieces of Maggi n #50 This is d worse kinda low, sometimes I think these northerners r 4rm another planet

1 Like

Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Naavah(f): 1:38pm On Jan 10, 2015
heatmeup:
u don dey fear?
Lol, over fear dey worry me
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
jaytee01:
I believe you guys are just scaremongers.

Though some parts of the north are volatile sometimes, post election violence is mostly a consequence of the perception of rigging. This is true in ALL PARTS OF THE WORLD!
As for rigging, it is well known that the SS is the headquarters of rigging in Nigeria. I stand to be corrected on this. There is rigging everywhere but in the SS you hardly see any voting but allocation of votes. That is how you have 90% voter's turnout always!

Scaremongers you say? So what happened in the north after the 2011 presidential election result was announced are just jokes abi. Oya na de wait.

As for rigging, From 2011 election, Both the SE and SS turned up massively to vote because people knows that their vote will count under GEJ that is why you get 90% voters turn out rate. even now most people who didn't vote in 2011 are queuing to register for their voters card because they have seen that their votes will now count under the current administration, ekiti, osun, anambra elections are proofs to that.
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by rocoh(m): 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
donwise1:
Good one but am still contemplating whether to participate. am serving in one of the northern states and security is an issue for me.
FTC experience for the first time this year in Nairaland. Baba God Noni

wHICH STATE ARE YOU SERVING IN?
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by rocoh(m): 2:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
IF YOU LOVE YOUR LIFE JUST GO BACK HOME AND COME BACK AFTER THE ELECTION. THE NORTH IS ONLY DECEITFULLY PEACEFUL . IF YOU LOVE YOUR PARENTS JUST STAY AWAY. THE ONLY REASON YOU SHOULD GO AHEAD IF IF YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND YOUR POLLING STATION IS CHRISTIAN DOMINATED . IF NOT PLEASE STAY AWAY , I REPEAT STAY AWAY. I LOWERED THE NYSC FLAG TO HALF MAST AND I DONT WANT PEOPLE DOING THAT FOR YOU. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
may God protect all serving corps members participating in this forth coming general election. because i know it would'nt be easy, even for us serving in southern states.
Re: Guide For NYSC Members Participating In 2015 Election: A Case Study Of 2011Elec. by Aitee1: 4:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ibotex:

I was discussing with a batch A corps member yesterday, He said they may pass out before the elections but their Discharge will only be given after the elections.

Where is the person serving?

If it north they want to force them to do the election cos they know they have very few lettered people that can work for them over there...that's what they did in my time, they made it compulsory.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corper Esther Ezenwoye Nominated For Nigeria Entrepreneur Award / Hoodlums Loot NYSC Camp In Abuja / Corps Member Wins Mtn’s N50 Million House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.