Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas (19463 Views)

FG Orders ‘Eat, Drink Nigeria’ At State Functions / FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport / Buhari Orders MDAs To Run Treasury Single Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by Adesiji77: 5:55pm On Jan 08, 2015
The Federal Government on Tuesday directed all its Ministries, Departments and Agencies to close their revenue accounts with Deposit Money Banks latest by February 28.

The government gave the directive while unveiling an electronic revenue collection platform aimed at checking theft, diversion of collected revenue and all sorts of corrupt practices associated with revenue collection.

READ MORE HERE http://businessnews.com.ng/2015/01/08/close-revenue-accounts-banks-fg-orders-mdas/

Bankers, which way forward?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by kowema(f): 6:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
Chai, on this note, I pity those old Generation Banks especially Union bank cus their Pocket wud be emptied.....Its Govt. Funds dat has been sustaining them since

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by Adesiji77: 6:13pm On Jan 08, 2015
kowema:
Chai, on this note, I pity those old Generation Banks especially Union bank cus their Pocket wud be emptied.....Its Govt. Funds dat has been sustaining them since

On the contrary, Union Bank is not being SUSTAINED by government funds...it is primarily a RETAIL BANK.

6 Likes

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 08, 2015
Naija, they still will find alternative loopholes for diverting funds. But for some banks it won't be funny.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by boneruns(m): 7:03am On Jan 09, 2015
Adesiji77:
The Federal Government on Tuesday directed all its Ministries, Departments and Agencies to close their revenue accounts with Deposit Money Banks latest by February 28.

The government gave the directive while unveiling an electronic revenue collection platform aimed at checking theft, diversion of collected revenue and all sorts of corrupt practices associated with revenue collection.

READ MORE HERE http://businessnews.com.ng/2015/01/08/close-revenue-accounts-banks-fg-orders-mdas/

Bro I sent you a PM. Pls respond
Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by LordReed(m): 7:48am On Jan 09, 2015
Sounds like bad news for deposit banks but it just might spell good news for us consumers as banks may become more customer focused.

11 Likes

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by Adminisher: 8:27am On Jan 09, 2015
LordReed:
Sounds like bad news for deposit banks but it just might spell good news for us consumers as banks may become more customer focused.

This is going to knock out a number of banks. To be honest with you I don't like the new CBN governor. He lacks foresight and is very parochial. What Nigeria should be doing is targeting diaspora transfers that can be in excess of $45billion a year through special instruments. Our human resources abroad make more foreign exchange than oil and gas makes for us locality and also many things are possible if only the man were really bright instead of bringing ideas like stealing N65 from cross ATM transactions.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by nduchucks: 8:31am On Jan 09, 2015
GEJ and his administration seem to be learning from Tinubu's successful revenue collection system, implemented in Lagos and many other states. I wonder what took them 6years to do this. Barawos

14 Likes

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 09, 2015
nduchucks:
GEJ and his administration seem to be learning from Tinubu's successful revenue collection system, implemented in Lagos and many other states. I wonder what took them 6years to do this. Barawos
why you no wan get sense? why

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by nduchucks: 8:39am On Jan 09, 2015
googlepikin:
why you no wan get sense? why

Apologies. Please use your own superior sense to profer a counter argument/point. I dey wait.

23 Likes

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by LordReed(m): 9:16am On Jan 09, 2015
Adminisher:

This is going to knock out a number of banks. To be honest with you I don't like the new CBN governor. He lacks foresight and is very parochial. What Nigeria should be doing is targeting diaspora transfers that can be in excess of $45billion a year through special instruments. Our human resources abroad make more foreign exchange than oil and gas makes for us locality and also many things are possible if only the man were really bright instead of bringing ideas like stealing N65 from cross ATM transactions.

Are you talking of stuff like Western Union, Moneygram?

2 Likes

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by FrankC3: 9:28am On Jan 09, 2015
Adminisher:

Actually, this is a Government policy that predates the CBN Governor and he MUST be commended for seeing reasons to continue pushing it.

This directive is aimed at providing single collection box for government revenues to ease account management, streamline the process, tracking, taxation and most importantly, reduce the giver and taker contact that make up corruption. Every sane Nigerian should applaud the government in this effort. It means that when you import your cars, you will make your payment for port clearance at your chosen bank probably via online transfer or POS, the fund immediately reflect in this electronic wallet linked to ALL banks and within the control of the CBN. This way, the responsible agency only have the responsibility of ensuring that funds are coming it under their names in the account. Funds can only leave the electronic wallet with the approval and knowledge or identified personal and everything is tracked electronically. This is the real anti corruption war.

And for the records, no serious country, even some unserious countries (including Afghanistan and Syria and Sudan) allows MDAs to maintain accounts with commercial banks. MDAs are the execution tools of the government and the CBN is the banker for the government. This is how things should be. It seems that people are so used to aberrations for far too long.

I agree that other policies should also be developed to facilitate the funnelling in of diaspora funds into the country, though the country is not doing badly in foreign remittance from relatives abroad.

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by wordcat(m): 9:33am On Jan 09, 2015
What are the pros and cons of this directive??

Somebody help please, I don't know and I don't want to pretend as if I know.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 09, 2015
FrankC3:

Actually, this is a Government policy that predates the CBN Governor and he MUST be commended for seeing reasons to continue pushing it.

This directive is aimed at providing single collection box for government revenues to ease account management, streamline the process, tracking, taxation and most importantly, reduce the giver and taker contact that make up corruption. Every sane Nigerian should applaud the government in this effort. It means that when you import your cars, you will make your payment for port clearance at your chosen bank probably via online transfer or POS, the fund immediately reflect in this electronic wallet linked to ALL banks and within the control of the CBN. This way, the responsible agency only have the responsibility of ensuring that funds are coming it under their names in the account. Funds can only leave the electronic wallet with the approval and knowledge or identified personal and everything is tracked electronically. This is the real anti corruption war.

And for the records, no serious country, even some unserious countries (including Afghanistan and Syria and Sudan) allows MDAs to maintain accounts with commercial banks. MDAs are the execution tools of the government and the CBN is the banker for the government. This is how things should be. It seems that people are so used to aberrations for far too long.

I agree that other policies should also be developed to facilitate the funnelling in of diaspora funds into the country, though the country is not doing badly in foreign remittance from relatives abroad.
Well explained, I believe he will understand better.

6 Likes

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by Algebra12: 9:35am On Jan 09, 2015
nduchucks:

Sorry, do you mean the ones collected by numerous Agberos and task forces in Lagos?

Back to topic. It is more economical to block avenues of corruption than spending more money prosecuting those who benefited from the porous system.
A commendable policy I must add.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by wordcat(m): 9:40am On Jan 09, 2015
FrankC3:

Do not be offended broda, what are the advantages and disadvantages of this policy?

Can u help me please?

1 Like

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by gistmelove(m): 11:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Ok

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by jingh(f): 11:23am On Jan 09, 2015
People will still have their way in thieferry and stealery

2 Likes

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by mtprofessor5(m): 11:24am On Jan 09, 2015
I really don't have any thing to say
I just wan to be on the front page
I guess you know the feeling na
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by dre11(m): 11:24am On Jan 09, 2015
This directive is aimed at providing single collection box for government revenues to ease account management, streamline the process, tracking, taxation and most importantly, reduce the giver and taker contact that make up corruption

This will be a good step
But, why is it coming just now

Why did the government wait so long before it adopt this strategy

Why did it had to come after election was done, why not 2years ago or last year.
Why wait till after election

So, all the ministry account won't be checkmate for fraud before the elections

That's why some ministry could donate almost 500,000,000 for his campaign.

4 Likes

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 09, 2015
See how clueless Nigerians are. Very few peeps can contribute at this point because it doesn't involve senseless PDP or APC arguments. Even the eediots arguing 24/7 are of no electoral.

Leave the internet and get your voters card.

@Topic Lmaooooo GEJ be forming cleansing the system when we are a few weeks to election.

If this was done 2011 it would have been a welcome development. But right now its

#GMB
#Change

7 Likes

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by Imoobot(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2015
hmmm. story for the gods
Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by Maczeelly(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by dotna(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2015
maka why na

didn't they contribute to PDP Campaign again ?
Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by martincbarton: 11:25am On Jan 09, 2015
Banks in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by RichDad1(m): 11:25am On Jan 09, 2015
Reading
Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by iiichidodo: 11:25am On Jan 09, 2015
This is better than dumping people inside crates...that is why an Illiterate has no place in our helm affairs...

8 Likes

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by Trypant(f): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2015
Adminisher:

Lolz
Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by juliusocean(m): 11:27am On Jan 09, 2015
Adesiji77:

good one

1 Like

Re: Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas by austinbrown: 11:27am On Jan 09, 2015
Gud

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

T.A Orji Gives Out 30 Cars To Abia Youths; Donates Bus To NANS Zone / “PDP Would Have Written Election Results If Not For Card Readers” – Buhari / Gulak Takes Over PDP Chairmanship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.