Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport (52470 Views)

"Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos / Ex-Customs Boss, Oladipupo Kuye Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by elixirnigeria: 8:40am On Jan 10, 2016
The Federal Government may have ordered security agents at the nation’s airports and borders to place embattled Comptroller-General of Nigeria Customs Service, Abdullahi Dikko, under arrest as soon as he is sighted.
It was learnt on Saturday, that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had trailed the ex-customs boss to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
On Friday, at about 10am, EFCC operatives in two buses had stormed Dikko’s residence at Jabi in Abuja and conducted a thorough search.
Sources within the anti-graft agency said the search took several hours and only ended at about dusk. However, the agents did not meet Dikko at home.
The EFCC was reported to be looking for huge amounts of money, in dollars, believed to be stashed in a residential building owned by the former customs chief. It was not clear whether the EFCC had found anything incriminating in Dikko’s residence.
On Saturday, the EFCC had relaxed the siege on the residence of the former Comptroller General of Customs. But a senior official of the commission on Saturday said the EFCC had learnt that Dikko had travelled to Dubai. He said that the former CG of customs would be arrested on his arrival back into the country as security agents at airports had been alerted to do so.
The source did not give the reason for Dikko’s trip to Dubai. He also refused to speak on the specifics of the investigation or the reason for the high-profile raid.
It was also gathered that a high-powered delegation of top operatives of the commission was billed to travel outside the country for a mission connected with the ongoing investigation.
The source said, “The commission has information that the man is in Dubai. I can’t say precisely why he is in the UAE; you know that most of our leaders have one problem or the other, medically, which makes them travel out. But we have informed airport authorities in Lagos and Abuja to pick him up as soon as he arrives.”
When contacted, the EFCC spokesman, Wilson Uwujaren, said, “I do not have any information on the issue.”
However, a relative of the ex-customs boss, Mohammed Usman, had on Friday alleged that the EFCC did not secure a search warrant before raiding the house.
Usman, who spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria, said “The information I gathered showed that the operatives, numbering about seven, were in the house to carry out a search for documents.
“A team of about seven operatives of the EFCC in company with some armed policemen arrived at the residence at about 7am and have been in the house for the past five hours.
“From the information available to me, no search warrant was presented before the commencement of the search. As I speak to you, they are currently in my uncle’s bedroom carrying out the search in his absence.”
Usman also expressed misgivings that the operation was carried out in the absence of the former comptroller-general.
“The only people in the house at the commencement of this search and even till now are his children who are below the age of 18,” he said
The search, according to reports, might not be unconnected with the Federal Government’s investigation into revenue generating agencies, including customs and Nigerian Maritime Administration Agency.
The Muhammadu Buhari administration is said to be investigating these agencies over non-remittance of revenues into government coffers.
When Dikko was about to end his tenure, there were allegations of corruption against him by groups, which said he did not manage the Customs well.
One of the groups, the Nigerian Customs Transparency Initiative, had sent a petition to the Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission and the EFCC.
It had accused Dikko of abusing his office, adding that some containers disappeared from some port terminals without trace during his tenure.
The NCTI also claimed that the conditions, on which the Customs, under Dikko’s supervision, spent N3.5bn to upgrade the service’s Internet facilities, were not transparent and must be investigated
But supporters of the former customs helmsman had said he introduced major reforms during his tenure. They added that the reforms led to increased revenue for the Federal Government.
Dikko was appointed by former President Goodluck Jonathan on August 26, 2009. He retired from service on August 17, 2015.
https://www.today.ng/news/national/63888/fg-orders-arrest-of-ex-customs-boss-at-airport

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by Horlawoomey(m): 8:41am On Jan 10, 2016
If he is arrested and found guilty, bon voyage to him en route prison.

Baba is serious about this corruption fight, his kinsmen are not exempted. Wailers should take note.

God bless Nigeria.

183 Likes 12 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by funnynation(m): 8:43am On Jan 10, 2016
hhhhmmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 10, 2016
Thank God he is from Katsina, a Fulani and a civil servant.

152 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by INTROVERT(f): 8:45am On Jan 10, 2016
That man is guilty.... he resigned as soon as buhari won....... who does that??

145 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by duullie88(m): 8:47am On Jan 10, 2016
Arrest dem all.... Nationalise dem to Chinese den charge dem with same crime, make dem die by samurai sword stabbing... A won oloshi jatijati

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 10, 2016
Him sef join for the gate?

6 Likes

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by CecyAdrian(f): 8:50am On Jan 10, 2016
I love hearing such news

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:51am On Jan 10, 2016
This fight against corruption must be won.

Well done Buhari

155 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by omenka(m): 8:55am On Jan 10, 2016
Was he going for a medical checkup? They should take him to general hospital Daura.

Awon thief thief jati jati.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by Faremisodeeq(m): 8:59am On Jan 10, 2016
What I know is that he will also be released within a week. Efcc should please make indept investigation before prosection

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by Grundig: 9:02am On Jan 10, 2016
Alhaji Dikko, you might as well have your medcals since you are still outside the shores oF Nigeria. Please have your doctor prescribe a years dosage of whatever it is tokeep you alive and healthy.

PMB doesnt care about the judicary neither does he give a rats hindie whatever bail cndition you are given. So even if Muhammed Stands as surety. . .still won't budge!

Here's wishing you all the luck in the world as we await your return and evental arrest and detention.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by Demmocrats(m): 9:03am On Jan 10, 2016
cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by aieromon(m): 9:05am On Jan 10, 2016
Is his name not Dikko? Abeg arrange better crate for him and bundle him back....

Bonkom angry

31 Likes

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by 1United1: 9:07am On Jan 10, 2016
Where are the IPOB Youths, to come and defend him as Usual.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by yomexp(m): 9:10am On Jan 10, 2016
I swear this guy would rather run to Iran than return to Nigeria

22 Likes

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by elixirnigeria: 9:13am On Jan 10, 2016
LOL @yomexp cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 10, 2016
yomexp:
I swear this guy would rather run to Iran than return to Nigeria

Funny

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by JaredNomak: 9:26am On Jan 10, 2016
INTROVERT:
That man is guilty.... he resigned as soon as buhari won....... who does that??
And that makes him guilty? Guilty of what?
You can't be serious!

16 Likes

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by JaredNomak: 9:33am On Jan 10, 2016
Dawn to dusk search in one building, nothing was found yet you gave order for his arrest and detaintion so you can illegally torture him into saying what he never did..

EFCC is a joke!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by itsmine: 9:34am On Jan 10, 2016
PMB keeps sending d positive signal all d way. i thought Dikko's frm Katsina.
let's stop defending d not-so-clean among us however much of our blood they can be.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by DaBullIT(m): 9:47am On Jan 10, 2016
Sai Baba

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by Pita99(m): 10:09am On Jan 10, 2016
this news is so true, I was passing through Dikko's house in Jabi and I saw two buses parked in front of his house with some Armed EFCC police in the front gate. so the Dikko no dey naija sef sad

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by mars123(m): 10:10am On Jan 10, 2016
Baba doing what he was voted to do since 2015.

14 Likes

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by CertifiedFreak(m): 10:23am On Jan 10, 2016
Dasukigate seems to have given the EFCC some much needed bite.

5 Likes

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by Nobody: 10:58am On Jan 10, 2016
Distractions. The cases will be in court till 2018

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by bigboss80s(m): 11:49am On Jan 10, 2016
I wonder what took so long. He should have been the first person on the EFCC's list...well maybe second after Dasuki. All the same he is certainly one of the most corrupt people in this country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by EazyMoh(m): 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2016
Jonathan Sef!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
Amazing

I have noticed a new handle in form of Super Mod working on Nairaland. Guess who?

I am coming

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by 912(m): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
omenka:
Was he going for a medical checkup? They should take him to general hospital Daura.

Awon thief thief jati jati.

I wonder why they all decide to go abroad for medical check up once the search lights from the anti-graft agencies are beamed on them.

9 Likes

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by akatekpe(m): 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
Buhari should have given us one point agenda during his campaign. It is obvious that only corruption is on his mind

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport by antispexish(m): 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
They are definitely aware that they will develop medical problems after eating the yam, yet they still ate it! Haan!

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: Universities, Learn From INEC On Inconclusive Results / Edo Election: Obaseki Visits Wike, Praises The Rivers Governor Over Win (Photos) / Governor Alex Otti Meets With President Tinubu (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.