Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall (40183 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / My Near Death Experience With The Nigerian Police - DIARY Of A Jobless Youth / The Story Of OYENUSI, THE Notorious Nigerian Arm Robber [pics] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 09, 2015
MARKone:

Exactly, if the person that talked to the security the security man who claimed that it is the third time the same crime is being committed, got it on tape, I will sue the bank, collect my money and damages. It is their duty to inform customers, by putting it up on notice. That God it was captured on CCTV, I can even claim I N1m with me.

The bank really should be held liable. I know how difficult it is for me to pass through that cursed door, yet this man just skipped through holding bags and bags of cash?

If they were truly serious, management would have pictures of the CCTV stills posted inside and outside the bank building, with regular announcement reminders and warnings. Not difficult.

I believe they are involved.

One the other hand, Nigerians are plagued with chronic unseriousness, anyhowness, and make-I-face-my-own. Accountability is nonexistent, so why bother? No one feels the need to "take panadol for someone else's headache". It's their wahala.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by tartar9(m): 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
pinshures or Adonbilivit
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by boxxy(f): 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
Courageous stealing sad really ... Which way my beloved country. ¶ cry
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
hahaha...so funny...thanks for the heads up dho...
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
iamphilips:
i suspect jazz o, because no1 raised alarm until 5mins after he left.
op you that saw everything why didn't you cry foul instantly? angry

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by jingh(f): 7:22pm On Jan 09, 2015
jazz is truly involve

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by lymelyte(m): 7:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
Nothing like jazz happened there..Dat bank should be held responsible.. That stunt pulled in that bank is an in-house stunt. A lot of people(bankers and security guard) were involved in that robbery.. They should sue the bank.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by 2scorehigh(m): 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
na wa o! boys are getting more and more desperate.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by kushsy: 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2015
D queue must have been very long n d banking hall crowded that no staff noticed a totally stranger asking people to step aside n collected their money then walked through the mantrap door but things happen..right in my room I was duped too by a stranger..we need to intensify prayers against all those using jazz to collect innocent people money
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by anytexy: 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
MissSlimbody:

Seriously, I can't conclude that the people that handed over their money were gullible.

I want to believe some bank officials heard n saw him, since no one raise alarm that he's not a worker in dat bank, y not hand over d money?

Unless, he whispered it 2 their ears, which would be suspicious.
You spoke my mind. Did he pass through the security door or back door. if by back door, to me bank officials know about it chiknah!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by honeric01(m): 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Nope.
The bank doesn't have to have a hand in it.
work pressure; when a banker/teller is under work pressure...they wouldn't even see their mother standing in front of them, let alone who talked to who.

You are not supposed to give anyone, other than the teller your money, they keep singing this to Nigerians but their jumping queue syndrome - wouldn't let them reason well.

The security men on their part are not omnipresence( It could have been an oversight; their not seeing the fraudster)) or probably they lack good internal control....

When a fraud triangle is complete, it happens so fast...leaving people wondering and playing cop grin

And this happened 3 times in the same bank and branch.. don't absorb the workers of any blame!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by missade(f): 7:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hmm...

Please be careful, never ever give cash to anyone who is not wearing his ID card. I have heard of cases like this from banks.

Also, the guards have to be on alert and check suspicious movements. Anyone standing or going round in circles should be politely asked what they would like to do.

Finally, the banks have to find a solution to those queues! It is 2015, they need to find more advanced ways of dealing with the crowd. undecided cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Hexzyz(m): 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
musb92yahooco:
As the presidential Election approaches remember these factors:
1. The Chibok Girls.
2. NNPC Scam.
3. Police pension fund.
4. Missing $20Billion.
5. $9million Arms deal.
6. Bomb Blasts.
7. Immigration job scam.
8. Petroleum pump price.
9. Dwindling external reserves
10. Oil theft.
11. Incessant Power outage.
12.ASUU & poly Strike.
13. Doctors' Strike.
14. National Assembly tragedy.
15. Stella's Oduah Aviation Scam
16. Kerosene subsidy
17. Near-empty Excess Crude Account

They Didn't Raise 21Billion for Ebola;
They Didn't Raise 21Billion for dilapidated hospitals;
They didn't raise 21Billion for Military Weapons against Boko Haram
They Didn't raise 21Billion for children dying of Vaccine preventable disease
They didn't raise 21Billion for the homeless>:O BUT they all gathered to raise 21Billion for another 4Years of INEPTITUDE. IMPUNITY, MEDIOCRITY AND BAD GOVERNANCE.
~:-) NO WAY!!! NO MORE!!!

I don't care because it isn't going to get better.

The Bible said in the book of 2 Timothy 3: 13; But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Even you cannot make it better, all these are fulfillment of last days prophecy of doom and troubles. As a wise person, what you have to do is make your way right with God and confess you sins and believe on the Lord Jesus that He can save you. God bless.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2015
honeric01:

And this happened 3 times in the same bank and branch.. don't absorb the workers of any blame!

Ok sir

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by MosD: 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
Very similar thing happened to a cousin's wife in Zenith bank Lokoja in 2013 and more than 250k went with it. People should beware

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by eazydest: 7:33pm On Jan 09, 2015
Thatz nonsense.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by duni04(m): 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2015
Fuckîng daring! Wait if the cashiers and security men knew that kind of incident had happened before, wasn't any of them aware that a stranger was collecting peoples money again, and in their midst! The guy must have colluded with the security men or (and) the cashiers.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Ethereal0110(f): 7:36pm On Jan 09, 2015
That bank is damn careless , how can anonymous person come inside their bank and dupe customers , didn't d security and other staff notice the robber in suit , they must pay the victims, because it didn't happen outside, but inside their bank.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 09, 2015
Almost happened to me too. Just last week thursday, i went to the bank to pay in 50k. A well dressed gentle walked up to me, and asked if i was paying up to 50k. He asked if i had 1k notes, which i had. He told me that he just withdrew 50k with the atm outside, and the machine paid him with 200naira notes. The money was too plenty for him to carry about . He wanted me to change the money for him, and pay in the 200naira notes, while i give him the 50 pieces of 1k notes. Helooked genuine so i obliged. He counted his money before giving it to me. About 10minutes later, it got to my turn. The counting machine rejected the 200naira notes. The cashier said they were fake. Chai i nearly craze. Me was so fortunate the guy was still waiting for a bike few kilometers from the bank. The rest is history.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by starlingbawa(m): 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
This is some serious piece of information. let's hope the bank's cctv footage can help track those carrying out this nefarious activities.
OP, thanks a lot for this!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by mancheeutd(m): 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Nope.
The bank doesn't have to have a hand in it.
work pressure; when a banker/teller is under work pressure...they wouldn't even see their mother standing in front of them, let alone who talked to who.

You are not supposed to give anyone, other than the teller your money, they keep singing this to Nigerians but their jumping queue syndrome - wouldn't let them reason well.

The security men on their part are not omnipresence( It could have been an oversight; their not seeing the fraudster)) or probably they lack good internal control....

When a fraud triangle is complete, it happens so fast...leaving people wondering and playing cop grin

Now imagine therez a long queue in a banking hall and suddenly someone came out from a room n said if u have above 300k to follow him and NONE OF THE STAFFS LOOKED UP and this is the 3rd time is happening haha so even the security men that control crowd didnt know their own staff abeg leave story 2things are involved pls leave jazz out of it either the staff knws abt it or the story aint real

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
aforosco:
Which one b ware house sebi na burma,Eleganza nd Liverpool Diamond dey which one be warehouse
That is Westminster /coconut side, tin can axis not inside main apapa.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Dotwillis1(m): 7:42pm On Jan 09, 2015
O boi see clean package....no noise, no blood shed

thiz pple don dey advance o

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by IamforGod: 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
ayodijex:
cooperate robber...his liver is very strong i must admit.
liver abi jarz!
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by fabrigas18(m): 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2015
iamphilips:
guy if u were there, u would have been a victim. I guess he used juju.
apart from juju bank officials do ask people wit more than 100k 2 come aside sumtimes wen customers r too much, so its normal I would av falling 4 it if I was dere too. But nw dat we av learned anoda trick infact dey must post am 4 my presence..
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
mancheeutd:

Now imagine therez a long queue in a banking hall and suddenly someone came out from a room n said if u have above 300k to follow him and NONE OF THE STAFFS LOOKED UP
Have you ever sat on that their desk under work pressure? You would know you can stay a day without looking up. Even though I very much doubt the person was on the queue.

and this is the 3rd time is happening
Fraud happens everyday...we don't have to keep counting it. As long as there is motivation/rationalisation and opportunity- fraud would keep happening.

haha so even the security men that control crowd didn't know their own staff
how many security men do you see on a good day inside your bank?
Even the ones you see, do Nigerians obey??
Yes, it's actually a lapse on their part, but then they are humans not spirits/robots.

abeg leave story 2things are involved pls leave jazz out of it either the staff knws abt it or the story aint real
Once again, a staff mustn't be involved. The story is real...it happens in banks...crowd + grey areas in internal control makes it easy.
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by olatiler(m): 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
Thunder blow the real Cashier whom those Depositor Queue in his/ her front who can't recognize this fake cashier that came to take innocent ppl money
Ogun-Lakaye destroy those lazy idio-t Guy at CCT control room who can not recognize fake worker of their bank
Lastly, b4 end of this year original armed rubber will fire those security inside bank that see a stranger directing depositor without questioning him that on whose order
Lastly 3 dirty slap to each and every one of those depositor who look the smart guy to walk out through existing door with their money
But my ppl Vote for change things like this will never happen cos death and 78 Years jail terms will be reward of any one get caught with such act

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by holluwai(m): 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2015
No ruling out the 100% possibility that the guy could have jazzed them up but I want to believe there is an insider working with the guy because it requires balls and I mean balls of steel to do that type of scam in a bank without having allied(s).

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by YesBwoss: 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
'He collected their money and teller and asked them to wait on the line so he can go in and stamp their teller.....' shocked That's really unusual, cashiers do not usually collect money from customers in that way...or do they? Except, of course, the cashier is someone who knows you and is merely trying to help you jump the queue. Shouldn't the customers have been suspicious? Of course, the moment one customer hands over his/her cash, the Herd Instinct kicks in and the others will do the same. All that money gone! Poor people. The bank is liable for this, I think. A refund should be in order, I hope.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by boma95(f): 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2015
the guy's picture should be captured
it ll help
Re: My Experience With An Unarmed Robber In A Banking Hall by iamord(m): 7:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
Arrest the security guards, this is crap to my ears, how will it be the third time, there must be an insider, !!! .. But this guy has mind!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Mr Seun And Crew Members / 2 Brothers Came Out Without Any Injury After This Ghastly Accident In Abuja.PICS / Speeding Car Runs Into A Woman In Delta State, Climbs On Top Of Her. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.