Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,840 members, 7,824,500 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan (1316 Views)

"Nigeria’s Past Leaders Have No Right To Talk" - Oshiomhole / Stop Blaming Fulani Herdsmen For Every Attack, Sultan Tells Nigerians / Buhari Blames Economic Woes On Past Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by Kbworld: 9:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
The Lagos State Governor,
Babatunde Fashola, SAN, on
Thursday took a swipe at
President Goodluck Jonathan,
for blaming past leaders for
the problems facing the
country and his
administration, advising him to
“get out of the kitchen, if it is
becoming to hot for him.”
Fashola spoke during the
mobilisation visit of the All
Progressives Congress
presidential campaign held at
Imaguero College in Benin,
Edo State.
The governor also berated the
President, whom he said had
shown anger about Nigeria’s
problems and blamed
“everybody,” during the
commencement of the
presidential campaign of the
People’s Democratic Party in
Lagos on Thursday, without
proffering solutions.
He said the February 14
presidential election would
centre on the assessment of
the president in his six years
in office, noting that unlike the
PDP, the presidential
candidates of the APC had
provided viable solutions to
the myriad of problems facing
the country in three weeks.
He said, “I spent about an
hour this afternoon listening to
the President in my state and,
for almost the same period, I
saw a very angry president. I
saw a president who was
recriminating about people
criticising his job performance
and was blaming all those
who ruled before him,
forgetting that he had been on
this job for six years.
“And he kept saying that,
‘They say we don’t have a
plan.’ But for 25 minutes, he
did not reveal a plan on
power; he did not reveal a
plan on security; he did not
reveal a plan on corruption.
“Now, after six years, without
being able to articulate what
he is doing and what he will
do and he keeps blaming
everybody, forgetting that he is
the Commander-in-Chief, if
the kitchen is too hot, as it is
becoming of late, you must
get out of the kitchen.”
The governor also assured
Nigerians that, drawing from
the developmental success
recorded by the APC states,
Nigeria could be better, if the
right kind of people managed
the nation’s resources.
The Edo State Governor,
Adams Oshiomhole, lamented
that while many Nigerians
languished in poverty, some of
their leaders were only
interested in their personal
interest.
Oshiomhole, who recalled that
the nation’s past leaders had
provided infrastructure not
based on ethnicity or religion
but on the basis of developing
the country, challenged
Nigerians to choose the path
they desired.
He said, “So, no more
lamentation, we have got to
choose whether to continue to
say, ‘God dey’ or to recognise
that God gave us everything
and he didn’t and he didn’t
ask us just to rely on him for
manner to drop from heaven.
“In 2015, Nigerians must make
a decision, today, to
interrogate those who will
drive those changes so that
your children don’t inherit a
culture and tradition of
lamentation.”
Vice presidential candidate of
the party, Prof Yemi Osinbajo,
stated that the APC
presidential candidate, Maj.
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, was
known for his stand on
corruption.
He added that an APC-led
Federal Government would
revive the nation’s power
sector by encouraging the
establishment of more
independent power projects,
as alternative sources to
ensure 24 hours of power
supply to different parts of the
country.
“In solving our power
problems, we have to ensure
that we do something about
the cost of gas. We need to
rewrite the regulation so that
many, who are producing can
make some money from their
gas, as an incentive to supply
gas,” he said.

source: punch ng

4 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by blemon44(m): 9:26pm On Jan 08, 2015
Does Fashola think that Rome was built in a day

it's gradually that Nigeria will become great

our past leaders really ruined this country so don't blame Jonathan

he's trying to repair the damages caused by our passed leaders

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by ibkgab001: 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
Fashola....In Oshiomole`s voice... Don`t let me tell you to "go and die"[color=#990000][/color]
By the way you already know the true Definition of campaign.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by aljharem(m): 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2015
[size=18pt]Indeed this fashola is a goat

So the same past leaders, you want to bring them and coin it to gullible people as change

How is Tinubu, OBJ, Atiku and Buhari Change[/size]?

4 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:32pm On Jan 08, 2015
Jonathan has been a fool!

7 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by meracool(m): 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2015
Presently Nigeria is Indebeted to world Bank and other Creditors. Due to GEJ incompetency..

A Past leader Like Obasanjo that Cleared the debt before He Left office can GEJ Blame him..

GEJ am sorry to say is Clueless.. and Unproductive.

Good Evening.

8 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by Greyworld: 9:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
See ram, if Jonathan can't blame past govt den APCshud stop blamin him na, abi GEJ dey lyk sacricficial Lamb?

4 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by Greyworld: 9:37pm On Jan 08, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

And yu av bin?
Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by whothiefmymoney(m): 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
If my clueless presido is afraid of someone who Is in prison supporting buhari,then who am I not to be afraid of nigeria

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by Adminisher: 10:18pm On Jan 08, 2015
blemon44:

our past leaders really ruined this country so don't blame Jonathan

he's trying to repair the damages caused by our passed leaders

Jonathan is stealing big time. The oil price has been high enough to turn Nigeria to a mini Dubai. He has had more money to play with than lots of leaders.He should stop comparing himself to military regimes who had oil takings of $19 to $35 a barrel at just about 1 million barrels per day. The military regimes were very bad but we're also forward looking enough to partner with Shell, Elf and Mobil to improve oil production to the 2.5 million barrels we are producing now. Most of the young people supporting GEJ are those who did not go to good schools or are just under the manipulation of tribalist propaganda and religion. The evils in the regime are visible enough to anybody who is open eyed enough to see them.

7 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by fkaz(m): 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2015
Only a failure will keep blaming every body for is inefficient.

"The longest period that I have met one-on-one with the president was for one hour and ten minutes. That whole time, the president talked about nothing that was in the interest of Nigeria; instead he kept pointing out his supposed enemies and various matters that would not serve his interests". - Under my Watch by Olusegun Obasanjo
Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by iluvnaija: 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adminisher:

Jonathan is stealing big time. The oil price has been high enough to turn Nigeria to a mini Dubai. He has had more money to play with than lots of leaders.He should stop comparing himself to military regimes who had oil takings of $19 to $35 a barrel at just about 1 million barrels per day. The military regimes were very bad but we're also forward looking enough to partner with Shell, Elf and Mobil to improve oil production to the 2.5 million barrels we are producing now. Most of the young people supporting GEJ are those who did not go to good schools or are just under the manipulation of tribalist propaganda and religion. The evils in the regime are visible enough to anybody who is open eyed enough to see them.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by blemon44(m): 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
iluvnaija:

God bless you.

FOR WHAT
Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
I saw a president who was recriminating about people criticising his job performance and was blaming all those who ruled before him, forgetting that he had been on this job for six years. “And he kept saying that,‘They say we don’t have a plan.’ But for 25 minutes, he did not reveal a plan on power; he did not reveal a plan on security; he did not reveal a plan on corruption.“Now, after six years, without being able to articulate what he is doing and what he will do and he keeps blaming everybody, forgetting that he is the Commander-in-Chief, if the kitchen is too hot, as it is becoming of late, you must get out of the kitchen.”

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by rebranded(m): 10:52pm On Jan 08, 2015
Good Jonathan is blaming past leaders, out of which 16years has been PDP

So this tells us PDP governments are failures.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by Collynzo9: 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adminisher:

The increase in oil money has also resulted in an increase in state governments's revenue including APC states.
Why haven't they turned their states into mega Dubai?
Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by aljharem(m): 10:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
rebranded:
Good Jonathan is blaming past leaders, out of which 16years has been PDP
So this tells us PDP governments are failures.

Good those past leaders are in what party now ?

Who's navigator now ?

Answer = APC

We ant POSITIVE Change which is KoroJimiAdeJonathan
Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by nationwide1(m): 10:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
This Fashola sef. Should past leaders be vindicated or praised? Even a child knows that it's easier to destroy than to build. It's also known that to make a great nation entails building on sound foundation laid by successive leaders but APC members don't know this. Cluelessness everywhere.
Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by Gogetta(m): 10:57pm On Jan 08, 2015
I became involved in a very hot debate @ the office, today, after watching the rally and expressing these same concerns raised by BRF! All GEJ did was rant angrily and blame past leaders for not equipping the military and saying he had to line up overnight to buy 2 tins of milk(laughable). Sad!

2 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by vicadex07(m): 11:01pm On Jan 08, 2015
The funny thing is that our mugunified president has always been in government right from the inception of this present stretch of democracy. Its not like he was just smuggled in yesterday. He has since 1999 been part of this same PDP he is blaming and has never effected any tangible change right from his days in Bayelsa first as a deputy governor, and then later as a governor.

He has no plans for Nigerians. He and PDP are hell bent on distracting us with the blame games. That is what all his government is about. Blaming the opposition for all the evils in his administration.

He will soon blame APC and buhari for not being capable of curtailing the excesses of his semi-literate wife whom am very sure bought all her educational certificates.

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by OdionOdion: 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
Gov Fashola should advise Gen Buhari to present his certificates to INEC
Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2015
aljharem:
[size=18pt]Indeed this fashola is a goat

So the same past leaders, you want to bring them and coin it to gullible people as change

How is Tinubu, OBJ, Atiku and Buhari Change[/size]?
pls, tell us if your state governor has achieved a pinch of what fashola has achieved in lagos.
blemon44:

[b]our past leaders really ruined this country so don't blame Jonathan

he's trying to repair the damages caused by our passed leaders[/b]
@bold. We blame him cos he promised to solve all the problem caused by them only to add to it.

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by omenka(m): 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2015
I've never seen a President so witless my entire life. This is one of the sides of Jonathan that really makes my skin crawl. I mean, I think he would earn a lot more respect (including mine) if he could take responsibility for some of the problems facing this country. If anything, one could excuse him by admitting that he's human and could only do so much. No man is prefect and without blemish for pete's sakes.

Who is he to blame for the terrible choices he made since he became the president, for instance, the state pardons granted people convicted of stealing from the public purse? Is he also gonna blame past leaders for the overbearing attitude of his wife who seems to have courted more enemies than friends for him?? Are we to blame past leaders for his indecisiveness regarding the Chibok abductions until it was too late??

His attitude of always passing the buck to people around him smacks of crass irresponsibility honestly.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 08, 2015
Collynzo9:

The increase in oil money has also resulted in an increase in state governments's revenue including APC states.
Why haven't they turned their states into mega Dubai?
stop being unreasonable. We all know the huge rate of development going on in lagos state today. Talking of dubai, I guess you are not based in lagos for you not to know that lagos is building a place called eko atlantic(dubai style) on land reclaimed from the ocean. Tell us what your governor has achieved in abia state. Mind you, I do see the rate at which you guys curse theodore orji here on NL. While other leaving governors are campaigning for incoming politicians, fashola is busy still commissioning projects in lagos; he commissioned 3 projects today. One would think he's gunning for a second term.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by emiye(m): 11:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
Adminisher:

I doubt if any of the military regimes met a barrel of oil at 19-35 usd. Obasanjo in 1999 met a barrel of oil at 9 usd..

GEJ had a long stretch of oil boom , with little or no debt to worry about, he even increased petrol price from 65 to 97 naira, and went on a borrowing spree.

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by vicadex07(m): 11:16pm On Jan 08, 2015
emiye:

I doubt if any of the military regimes met a barrel of oil at 19-35 usd. Obasanjo in 1999 met a barrel of oil at 9 usd..

GEJ had a long stretch of oil boom , with little or no debt to worry about, he even increased petrol price from 65 to 97 naira, and went on a borrowing spree.

The CABALS need to chop now

1 Like

Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by Pataki: 11:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
aljharem:

Good those past leaders are in what party now ?

Who's navigator now ?

Answer = APC

We ant POSITIVE Change which is KoroJimiAdeJonathan

Your brain is infested with cockroaches. Or how does one explain that a rational human being stated the quoted statement above?

16 years of Federal leadership under the PDP implies it is APC?

Just tonight alone, Jimi Agbaje finished himself politically by defending the PDP ex-convict Thief Bode George on a political tv show.

You are lost with realities on ground. Go and deal with cockroaches infesting your brain first.
Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by nofij(m): 11:28pm On Jan 08, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
And you have been a ??
Look at your pitiable life.
Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by oduastates: 11:45pm On Jan 08, 2015
That man is a waste of time.
He only want to do the banquet party part but not the grunt work of being a commander in chief.
I am still waiting for someone to point at a single project of his in bayelsa
Re: Stop Blaming Past Leaders Fashola Tell Jonathan by Gogetta(m): 11:48pm On Jan 08, 2015
omenka:
I've never seen a President so witless my entire life. This is one of the sides of Jonathan that really makes my skin crawl. I mean, I think he would earn a lot more respect (including mine) if he could take responsibility for some of the problems facing this country. If anything, one could excuse him by admitting that he's human and could only do so much. No man is prefect and without blemish for pete's sakes.

Who is he to blame for the terrible choices he made since he became the president, for instance, the state pardons granted people convicted of stealing from the public purse? Is he also gonna blame past leaders for the overbearing attitude of his wife who seems to have courted more enemies than friends for him?? Are we to blame past leaders for his indecisiveness regarding the Chibok abductions until it was too late??

His attitude of always passing the buck to people around him smacks of crass irresponsibility honestly.
bruh, GEJ epitomises irresponsibility! All I did was cringe while I watched him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Leaders / Breakingnews: Probe Buhari Over Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP / Election Postponement Is Jonathan’s Grand Plan To Win – Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.