Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated (34094 Views)

5 Interesting Ways Whatsapp Is Helping Nigerian Students / Nigerian Students And Hilarious Exam Answers / A Dozen Words That Even The Most Educated Nigerians Use Or Interpret Wrongly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by edy4u: 6:57am On Jan 09, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Hey Op,
Most of those pics ain't Nigeria...just stop painting us black when we're green.
We know urgent works need be done in some of the schools in the rural(s). Thanks for the publicity though.

There are... Go to bayelsa state and you will see worse.
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 09, 2015
My people love education no be small..
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by heffem(m): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2015
undecided₪☺ be small tin at all......after 19years from primary to upgraded secondary school plus ASUU strikes of struggle to get education..... Walahi, ȋ̝̊̅ don even forget everytin wey ȋ̝̊̅ go school go read... Diaris God ooo
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by whiteeyes: 7:11am On Jan 09, 2015
couldn't stop laughing at the boy solving mathematics on the board @ 30-28=18....that subject wicked. the boy even dey vex for im answer!
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 09, 2015
[quote author=ajoguegbe post=29625406]WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

* I have never seen any school built in his name. * I have never seen any borehole constructed by him. * There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him. * I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization. * No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. * Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved himself since his exit from office. * No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing. * The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station. * He never champion for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura. * His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home again? * No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. * He is not a patron to any organization, group or association. * No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night. * The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. Is there any wonder why he says the BH scourge will end if he is elected''?

Well highlighted....
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by liongirl: 7:25am On Jan 09, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Very bad....from the picture below, there's no doubt. undecided
advise, if over 12million of us on nairaland can donate 1000naira each i belive most of schools shown above will have a new face think about it. tanks
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by Feraz(m): 7:25am On Jan 09, 2015
Ad4:
So we should blame it on GEJ. [size=13pt]What are the State and Local governments doing with their allocations? We should learn to hold our leaders at all levels liable.[/size]
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by Peterockcephas(m): 7:27am On Jan 09, 2015
Amefrica:
Very uncomfortable. How do you expect students to assimilate and cope in this kind of atmospheric condition? WAEC would come out at the end of the day and they start shouting "mass failure", why won't the students fail when their government has already failed and get them screwed in the head? What a pity.
nice one Jare you're absolutely right

1 Like

Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by Peterockcephas(m): 7:28am On Jan 09, 2015
liongirl:
advise, if over 12million of us on nairaland can donate 1000naira each i belive most of schools shown above will have a new face think about it. tanks
and who's ready to do that?
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by SeverusSnape(m): 7:32am On Jan 09, 2015
liongirl:
That will be a good initiative, how can one donate?. But we ain't up to 12 million on NL.
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by lolaxavier(m): 7:42am On Jan 09, 2015
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by adilbee(m): 7:49am On Jan 09, 2015
Chai woooo, o boy wahala de woo......
Oh Allah see us true those things.....
Vote #GMB change
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by lolaxavier(m): 7:51am On Jan 09, 2015
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by happyzed0(f): 7:52am On Jan 09, 2015
D man of change is cmin GBJ will change dis sit country will good
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by micronut(m): 7:53am On Jan 09, 2015
Oh.......did i just made it to front page? Unbelievable....

Thank God for Information Technology and bold journalists everywhere. At least "they" will see more and more of their shame and maybe they will sit up some day. This goes to say only one thing,that those who govern us spend
billions on themselves while the governed languish.

Am dedicating this to all lovers of Education Nationwide, all the poor students experiencing this, and finally all the new pg students of University of Ilorin.

Xploits says Amangla awetu!!!!!

Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by Harmvirus(f): 8:01am On Jan 09, 2015
Chai!
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by kaypompey(m): 8:17am On Jan 09, 2015
Guy, at least it's called shed not classroom, and it has been renovated, and did u see d one at High rise.. I still rep Che..dats d first shed in LAUTECH.

1 Like

Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by saudatu(m): 8:24am On Jan 09, 2015
NIGERIAN STUDENT GOING THROUGH STRESS SINCE 1886. THANK GOD I SCHOOL IN CANADA grin
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by Acekidc4(m): 8:24am On Jan 09, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Hey Op,
Most of those pics ain't Nigeria...just stop painting us black when we're green.
We know urgent works need be done in some of the schools in the rural(s). Thanks for the publicity though.

What is dis one saying na!! U smoke Gum ni!! If it's nt Nigeria, where will it be again.
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 09, 2015
micronut:
Call it Poor Educational System or Pure government insensitivity, you are still on point. Being a student is very tasking but being a Nigerian student is extremely tasking because you would have to Multitask, do so many things in odd and crude ways. The hurdle you would pass through is beyond description to any sane man from other climes, to get enroll is trouble and to pass out without injury is one out of many, you suffer as if suffer ness is your surname. Some even say "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle" than to get educated in Nigerian. Funny enough, you would still have to learn foot surveying (if you don't know someone that knows another person,that can connect you), cos you would still have to trek the whole cities, begging people to take this your hard-earned certificate from you, some unfortunates once have their own certificates gathering dust in one corner of their room, cos its of no use while some other terribly-unlucky ones have even discovered that rats have chopped-off the 'logo' on the certificate they laboured to get.....This indeed is Heartrending!

WELCOME TO MY COUNTRY WHERE EDUCATION IS IN SHAMBLES!

JUST TAKE A LOOK AT OUR SCHOOL SYSTEMS........Pathetic!

The problem is that Govt runs too many schools...an issue that started in the 1970's...when we 1) Took over mission schools...because we had oyel kudi. 2) Started establishing universities left right and center beginning in 1975

As a result....govt has too many schools....and the budget is not enough to support all these schools.

(And GEJ establishing new universities looks good politically....but that's more liabilites to the education budget in the long run).

What we should do?

1.All universities should become public private and autonomous. And uni fees should go up.

2.All polytechnics and Colleges of Education should be heavily funded by govt...so that we have plenty plenty technicians.

3. Budget for education should be 26% of the budget.And a large chunk will come from the funds saved from oil subsidy removal.

4.Return schools to the missions...so that govt has less schools to run.

5.Primary and secondary education must be heavily funded.

6.A 40 year moratorium on university establishment. We cannot afford new universities (Private bodies can carry on).

7.Increased community involvement in schools.
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by jovie50: 8:51am On Jan 09, 2015
ajoguegbe:
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

* I have never seen any school built in his name. * I have never seen any borehole constructed by him. * There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him. * I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization. * No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. * Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved himself since his exit from office. * No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing. * The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station. * He never champion for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura. * His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home again? * No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. * He is not a patron to any organization, group or association. * No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night. * The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. Is there any wonder why he says the BH scourge will end if he is elected''? Abeg GEJ till 2019
I will sue you for plagiarism....... Abeg give me credit nw, I settlle down compose dis post o grin
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by Djbaka(m): 9:04am On Jan 09, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Hey Op,

Comments like this are the problem of this country, you've not left your shell of affluence and convenience, so you think everywhere else is like where you are.

You see what millions of pupils in primary and secondary schools are going through, even in tertiary institutions. And all you could say is that they are not Nigeria?

What i can say is these are true representations of the state of infrastructures in our government schools. In fact, there worse cases than these. The rural areas where there are less population and less exposure suffer all these because i have seen them with my korokoro eyes during NYSC service.

May God save this country.
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by ajoguegbe(m): 9:18am On Jan 09, 2015
Sorry, I thought you copied too
jovie50:
I will sue you for plagiarism....... Abeg give me credit nw, I settlle down compose dis post o grin
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by Surd2121(m): 9:18am On Jan 09, 2015
stinggy:
This is Chemical Shed, LAUTECH where I had lectures from 200-500 level.
Very appalling embarassed embarassed
They have refurbish that shed bro
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by uboma(m): 9:23am On Jan 09, 2015
CityNG:

I simply refuse to believe that.

With all that pictures that Spyder880 they show us of beautiful Enugu and those humungous mansions?

Why can't those bigshots get together and donate money to the school?

You better believe it Bro. When you get to Nigeria, i can give you locations of some make shift schools where pupils sit on the floor or some dilapidated furnitures. Public schools here in Nigeria is in a mess and our Leaders and top-shots are busy erecting private schools to enrich themselves...
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by auch22: 9:27am On Jan 09, 2015
ajoguegbe:
WHO IS MOHAMMED BUHARI?

* I have never seen any school built in his name. * I have never seen any borehole constructed by him. * There is no record of any scholarship awarded by him or for him nor through him. * I have never seen him use his popularity to canvass for any charitable work nor any humanitarian effort, not even at the height of the polio scourge where other purposeful and prominent leaders lead the campaign for immunization. * No single text book has been donated to any school either by him, for him or through him. * Asides from doing nothing, he has not improved himself since his exit from office. * No book written, no memoirs, no lectures, nothing. * The only thing of note he can point to are his numerous interviews on the BBC Hausa station. * He never champion for a university in his state nor has he ever been involved in any kind of programme to better the lives of the Almajiris in Daura. * His entire existence has not lead to any meaningful development in Daura, yet they say he can change Nigeria. Doesn't charity begin at home again? * No wonder he was referred to as being ''perpetually unelectable''. * He is not a patron to any organization, group or association. * No professional body in Nigeria has ever invited him for their lecture, convention or gala night. * The only time any known form, body or human assemblage ever chose him to do anything for them was when the Boko Haram terrorist sect nominated him as their spoke person in the proposed talks with the Fed. Govt. Is there any wonder why he says the BH scourge will end if he is elected''? Abeg GEJ till 2019
THEN your president who claims that he is a PHD holder wat has he done.
NAIRA has been devalued to nothing
corruption is flowing like river nile.
terrorism have become like a normal activity of he day.
industrial strike has become like a school uniform
ABEG GMB till 2023

1 Like

Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by boma95(f): 9:27am On Jan 09, 2015
and those guys sleeping on dat small matress will come outside to chyke woman #pathetic
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 09, 2015
micronut:
Government Day Junior Secondary school (GDJSS) in Gubi Village, Bauchi State, wrote their third term examinations while sitting on the floor.

Another school in Enugu having classes in open spce.

Omo, see as that guy dey girraffe during exams. Lol. No be here girraffing start o.
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by liongirl: 9:46am On Jan 09, 2015
Peterockcephas:
and who's ready to do that?
i am
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by micronut(m): 9:48am On Jan 09, 2015
boma95:
and those guys sleeping on dat small matress will come outside to chyke woman #pathetic
Lol....your boyfriend was once like that you know...
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by jovie50: 9:49am On Jan 09, 2015
ajoguegbe:
Sorry, I thought you copied too
no problem bro, we are cool!! grin
Re: Random Pictures Of What Nigerian Students Go Through To Get Educated by urchbarbie(f): 9:49am On Jan 09, 2015
micronut:
CAC MIDDLE SCHOOL GBOMIN OSOGBO & COMMUNITY HIGH SCHOOL AKUTE
i always wondered why dese children had thier skul uniform bum areas in patches. now i knw why! very saddening indeed. we av ppl who can take up d mantle of providing adequate learning facilities for our young ones and they turn blind eyes cos they can comfortably send dier kids to skul in yonder places. its well.
God bless me and i promise to put d riches into good use. amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Oil Refinery Absorbs 3 Consecutive Set Of ATBU Engineering Graduates / From Kindergarten To Graduation: Photos Of A Mother And Daughter Go Viral On Twi / Federal Poly Offa Graduating Students Sign Out In Style (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.