Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training (32031 Views)

Newyear Eve: Gunman Dressed As Father Xmas Opens Fire On Nightclub Killing 35. / "Ugandan Army Officer Tortured Unclad In A Military Barracks". Photos / China Sides With Russia In Syrian War, Will Provide Aid And Military Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by DAVE5(m): 9:37am On Jan 09, 2015
Lagusta:
Boring!!!

seconded
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by lonelydora: 9:41am On Jan 09, 2015
US should go and die. This is the only fresh air from GEJ since 2011.

1 Like

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by kellyJames5(m): 9:45am On Jan 09, 2015
Mcbussy:

Yes,true,but do u think in a standard military, there shouldn't be enuf equipment?...that u'll have to deploy everything and not have some permanently reserved for training purposes. Even if they had deployed everything to d front,don't u think d wise thing to do is to buy new ones to train your troops with?

If every AK47 was deployed to the NE, what would they use to train the fresh cadets?...see?...that's dsame reason why there is need to have reserved a reasonable number of every necessary military hardware for training purposes.

Sorry,let me ask you;
Before Gej took over,we've had several heads of state,When last was NA equipped and under whose regime?

1 Like

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by onadana: 9:51am On Jan 09, 2015
coolUseless talk....continue discussing until everyone abd everything in the North East is destroyed.Useless Americans.
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Mcbussy(m): 9:51am On Jan 09, 2015
kellyJames5:

Sorry,let me ask you;
Before Gej took over,we've had several heads of state,When last was NA equipped and under whose regime?

Look,now u are digressing from d point....I am not talking about OBJ,gej or Buhari here. I am just saying a standard military should be provided with enuf equipment and have reserve for training. This period demands the highest level of efficiency from d military, so its not anybody's fault that it happened in d time of gej. He has to do everything possible to contain d situation.

That is,even after deploying most to d front,there should be a reasonable number left for training purposes. If there's non or inadequate number left, then d government should procure new ones for that purpose.
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by rigarmortis: 9:53am On Jan 09, 2015
the best thing US has done for the world is showing us kim kardashians a55

2 Likes

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Clefcentfelix(m): 9:53am On Jan 09, 2015
SUBMARINE:

OBJ is a CIA agent
grin Tell me something grin

2 Likes

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Bayswater: 9:54am On Jan 09, 2015
Why is the USA trying very hard to state their story, this is the umpteenth press conference they have granted on this issue, that tells me they have something to hide. I think they've been caught flat out and ever since they've been on damage control. I will give it to the federal government on this one.

1 Like

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Etinosajay(m): 9:55am On Jan 09, 2015
iv4fb:

Let me try to educate u still as I've got a brother in the war front (he's capable of taking care of himself though), the machinery are obsolete, Nigeria was ready to buy new ones for the training but the US refuse to sell and the NA is scared of air assault coz of high civilian casualty. Any country trying to help want to spite another one, the request for foreign military camps and all that. Whichever way you look at it, it's more complicated than you think so please go back to abusing the government and her supporters in the 'street' of social media as this is beyond your mental comprehension

Good luck!

See you using the word "scared" that's very careless. You're talking of the Nigerian Army. Smh
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 09, 2015
freshness2020:

O.k...
But are you trying to tell me you are not seeing anything good in GEJ government ?

I lost six relatives( two couples and two dads) last year due to his ineptitude in combating Boko Haram. They lost their lives, businesses and I have 8 additional people to cater for in addition to my parents and other relatives. If those people were alive and doing businesses the responsibility to cater for these orphans and fatherless kids wouldn't have been heaped on me.
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 09, 2015
SUBMARINE:

What stops US from selling weapons needed to train our troops

Let me tell you one fact

OBJ is a CIA agent

When you make allegations....better have proof to back them up.

All this is to frustrate GEJ who is not yielding to OBJ's demand

At the expense of conflict driven high pump prices in the US?

Finally what did US use in training Iraq and Afghanistan military.? US weapons

Yes...because they were in control of Iraq....and Iraq could afford to pay for the weapons. (Iraq produces more oil than Nigeria...and has less than 30million people.).

Plus....when Iraq bought US weapons...there were US troops already occupying the country who could train the soldiers.

In Nigeria...if we buy US weapons....we don't have the resources to pay for them. No one sells weapons for free...and US weapons are very expensive. (That's why we are buying from China...good quality at cheap price). Plus....since we don't have US troops occupying the country...we would have to send personnel abroad for training........or have the US in essence deploy troops to Nigeria (which you won't like).

Better ask PDP and APC why they are not industrializing Nigeria.

US is just ashame that their plan is not working

The US benefits more from a united Nigeria....because 1) no conflict means 2) oil prices stay low meaning 3) lower prices for fuel at US petrol stations .

1 Like

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by OLADD: 10:00am On Jan 09, 2015
Oklander:
US should go and sitdown!

No wonder this st2pid envoy was posted to Nigeria. All I can see is a nation's representative speaking like a typical Nigerian politician. He says US is helping Nigeria in her anti-terrorism drive but at the same time failed to share information on their drone surveillance in Borno with the same country they "are helping! Horrendous diplomatic sycophancy at play! United States is the greatest enemy of the world.

3 Likes

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by akpanikpe(m): 10:02am On Jan 09, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
pls, where is the isult o jare?
I tire o
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 09, 2015
Etinosajay:

See you using the word "scared" that's very careless. You're talking of the Nigerian Army. Smh

park well!
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 09, 2015
kellyJames5:

Sorry,let me ask you;

Between 1983-99...we could not equip the army as we used to for several reasons

1.Low oil price= limited funds for equipment.

2.Fall of the Soviet Union meant that prices for Russian made weapons shot up.

3.Let's face it....weapons, planes, ships cost a lot of kudi.(And we have not talked about training costs...or building facilities to house the weapons)

That is why Nigeria must industrialize....which won't happen because you Nigerians prefer to chop money rather than work and innovate for it.

Last bullet....Boko Haram will be defeated...when the Nigerian Army improves its asymmetric warfare capability. You do not fight Boko the way you fight normal wars.

1 Like

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 09, 2015
rexoluj:

The United States of America’s envoy to Nigeria, Ambassador James Entwistle, has denied reports that the US has refused to sell arms to Nigeria on account of human rights violation in the fight against insurgency in the country.
US President Barack Obamar) talks with President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria before their bilateral meeting in New York on September 23, 2013 on the sideline of the United Nations General Assembly. AFP Photo
Entwistle, who was speaking as a guest at the Diplomatic Dialogue Series organised by the Nigeria Leadership Initiative, NLI said the US has not cut off Nigeria militarily and that the two countries continue to enjoy healthy military relationship.
He insisted that his remark on arms sale to Nigeria recently was misrepresented and that there was never a time he said the US will not sell arms to Nigeria on account of human rights violations.
According to him, “Nigeria and the US have a military relationship that continues. We look at every aspect of that relationship very carefully in the context of our policy, Nigeria policy including human rights. This is a process that we undergo with every country in the world. But we have a rich military relationship with Nigeria that continues even as I speak.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/us-denies-reports-refusal-sell-arms-nigeria/#sthash.eSKWQXeO.dpuf

Bros, have u bothered to ask what kind of arms Nigeria military wants to buy.

you expect him to admit they refuse to sell arms?

1 Like

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 09, 2015
IjogzK:
You are actually the one that needs to grow up.Why insult him? Pls your explanation ain't cogent enough.

was my explanation for you? go drink pills for your own ailments please.
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Reference(m): 10:06am On Jan 09, 2015
iv4fb:

Let me try to educate u still as I've got a brother in the war front (he's capable of taking care of himself though), the machinery are obsolete, Nigeria was ready to buy new ones for the training but the US refuse to sell and the NA is scared of air assault coz of high civilian casualty. Any country trying to help want to spite another one, the request for foreign military camps and all that. Whichever way you look at it, it's more complicated than you think so please go back to abusing the government and her supporters in the 'street' of social media as this is beyond your mental comprehension

Good luck!

Thank you. That is what we have been saying for months. That is what the new government will see then they will all shut up and work for the salvation of Nigeria. Talk is cheap and criticism is sweet to children. The US should just leave us alone. They have no interest in our survival and prosperity. It is their actions that speak louder than their words. We need training but we also need weapons. They go hand in hand.
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by sundaypurity(m): 10:08am On Jan 09, 2015
.tank God dere plan did not work
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by brotesquex(m): 10:11am On Jan 09, 2015
When we wanted to buy the equipments, they refused to sell to us. Why them come dey talk rubbish now. Mtcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by OLADD: 10:14am On Jan 09, 2015
freshness2020:

O.k...
But are you trying to tell me you are not seeing anything good in GEJ government ?

How can blind eyes see good things? They close their eyes when a good man passes but open it like frogs when certificate-less fundamentalists blab.
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by luvinhubby(m): 10:14am On Jan 09, 2015
iv4fb:

Good luck!
Thank you for this explanation & God be with your brother.
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 09, 2015
Spam2:
Gudt1

[/url]

On your profile...it says you are a Muslim...yet you post nonsense online.

Better change your religion....it does not suit you. Become an atheist. or a godless heathen....or better still, a follower of Aphrodite.

The thing that you post destroys people's lives. Don't join them
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by kellyJames5(m): 10:15am On Jan 09, 2015
Mcbussy:

Look,now u are digressing from d point....I am not talking about OBJ,gej or Buhari here. I am just saying a standard military should be provided with enuf equipment and have reserve for training. This period demands the highest level of efficiency from d military, so its not anybody's fault that it happened in d time of gej. He has to do everything possible to contain d situation.

That is,even after deploying most to d front,there should be a reasonable number left for training purposes. If there's non or inadequate number left, then d government should procure new ones for that purpose.
I obviously understand your point,but what I'm trying to point out here is;
1;NA is supposed to have ENOUGH armors both in war front and Arsenals,but before now,the past heads of state did little or nothing in equipping them.
2;now there is a need to use equipments,the ones we have was then moved to the war front,and plans were underway to buy more equipments from USA,then the same USA refused selling us arms,and also requested we pull off the ones in the war front for training,so that the enemy might seize the opportunity and continue their attacks and we said no.
In summary,the lack of equipments on the part of NA is to be blamed on the past heads of state that didn't bother to continue equipping them-may be because we had relative peace then,forgetting that "preparedness is never an atom of fear".

2 Likes

Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by Khodex: 10:17am On Jan 09, 2015
Hmmmm ....
Re: US Opens Up On Why Nigeria Cancelled Military Training by kellyJames5(m): 10:22am On Jan 09, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Between 1983-99...we could not equip the army as we used to for several reasons

1.Low oil price= limited funds for equipment.

2.Fall of the Soviet Union meant that prices for Russian made weapons shot up.

3.Let's face it....weapons, planes, ships cost a lot of kudi.(And we have not talked about training costs...or building facilities to house the weapons)

That is why Nigeria must industrialize....which won't happen because you Nigerians prefer to chop money rather than work and innovate for it.

Last bullet....Boko Haram will be defeated...when the Nigerian Army improves its asymmetric warfare capability. You do not fight Boko the way you fight normal wars.

Sorry to still ask;
From that 1983-1999,were there provision for military in every year budget and allocation?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hillary Clinton Claps Back At Donald Trump On Twitter / Sasha Obama Absent At Obama’s Farewell Address Due To Her Exam / Yahya Jammeh Officially Steps Down (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.