Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures (6457 Views)

Jonathan Lied About Willingly Conceding Defeat To Buhari – Kenny Martins / List Of Buhari's Expenses, Expenditure, Polices And Budget From 1983 - 1985 - Se / Graduate Employment Data 1983 - 1985 Under Buhari (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by Aksonman: 8:14am On Jan 09, 2015
omenka:
I'd hold myself from calling you a twerp. You Lord Commander said Buhari didn't buy as much as a rifle and here are hard evidence revealing his lies, evidence to which you have not a shred of counter claim with proof.

HARD EVIDENCE ko, MAD EVIDENCE no..give me the online link let me go and verify this data myself. Na so e hard? Thief ooo....APC na thief o. Chei, chei, chei

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by acenazt: 8:16am On Jan 09, 2015
Jonathan didn't lie. He was just as clueless as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by nuclearboy(m): 8:16am On Jan 09, 2015
This isn't about APC or PDP preference

Everytime this Jonathan man speaks, I feel ashamed - how difficult is it for an executive president to check his facts?

Is it that his advisers and himself just sit and watch supersport, play Ludo (I know he can never play chess) and drink?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by kajoula(m): 8:17am On Jan 09, 2015
Yomieluv:
buhari,or nothing.
upon all these lies.....&still bent on Buhali.
Ask ekiti people they will tell you the gruesome mistake of their life

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by omenka(m): 8:19am On Jan 09, 2015
eighTHREAD:
he said his generation has failed the youths, yet he wants to continue ruling the youths.
That is one of his most irritating attributes. He never blames himself or his government for anything. What kind of leader is this man??

Generation my brown eye. Mscheew.
Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by Aksonman: 8:21am On Jan 09, 2015
nuclearboy:
This isn't about APC or PDP preference

Everytime this Jonathan man speaks, I feel ashamed - how difficult is it for an executive president to check his facts?

Is it that his advisers and himself just sit and watch supersport, play Ludo (I know he can never play chess) and drink?

Be ashamed of yourself and of the APC. GEJ said the truth. BUHARI did not buy a single CATAPULT for the Nigerian army.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 09, 2015
Aksonman:

Be ashamed of yourself and of the APC. GEJ said the truth. BUHARI did not buy a single CATAPULT for the Nigerian army.

http://www.sipri.org/databases/armstransfers

You have the link. So what are you still waiting for?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by Aksonman: 8:26am On Jan 09, 2015
omenka:
That is one of his most irritating attributes. He never blames himself or his government for anything. What kind of leader is this man??

Generation my brown eye. Mscheew.

When APC leaders blame Jonathan even for their weak er€ction and premature ejaculations?

GEJ finished Buhari at TBS lagos yesterday and you APC online looneys can not flip this one. Go look for other issues to dig up.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by Aksonman: 8:32am On Jan 09, 2015
Aigipan:

You people are sick, just plain sick. This so-called data base link you shared suggested arms transactions FROM 1950 till whatever date. No wonder why you all posted 544 aircrafts. Now i'm totally ashamed of APC's online agents. You guys should be fired

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by vedaxcool(m): 8:32am On Jan 09, 2015
grin grin grin grin Lie lie president, president no shame, wooooo!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by omenka(m): 8:33am On Jan 09, 2015
Aksonman:

HARD EVIDENCE ko, MAD EVIDENCE no..give me the online link let me go and verify this data myself. Na so e hard? Thief ooo....APC na thief o. Chei, chei, chei
Go here www.sipri.org/databases/armstransfers. Click on "generate database", fill in the columns as they suit your preference (I'd suggest you click on "all" when referencing the "type of weapon" so as to get a complete catalogue of the purchases made) and "download" the file.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by anonimi: 8:35am On Jan 09, 2015
omenka:
That is one of his most irritating attributes. He never blames himself or his government for anything. What kind of leader is this man??.

Sounds like the way the Republicans describe Obama!

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by omenka(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2015
Aigipan:

Just saw what a tramp he is. I think it is best ignoring him.
Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by Aksonman: 8:39am On Jan 09, 2015
omenka:
Go here www.sipri.org/databases/armstransfers. Click on "generate database", fill in the columns as they suit your preference (I'd suggest you click on "all" so as to get a complete catalogue of the purchases made) and "download" the file.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Your link talks about arms transactions since 1950 ooooooooo. Nigerian army has NEVER had 544 new military aircraft at any given period in history-una dey craze? Bros, You have not earned your pay today, you've simply thrown APC and GMB into a bigger and more shameful mess. I swear

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by omenka(m): 8:41am On Jan 09, 2015
Aksonman:

Your link talks about arms transactions since 1950 ooooooooo. Nigerian army has NEVER had 544 new military aircraft at any given period in history-una dey craze? Bros, You have not earned your pay today, you've simply thrown APC into a bigger and shameful mess. I swear
Odefolio!! Select the time period between 1983 and 1985!! How difficult is it for you to do a simple download?? ?? ?? ??

So irritating.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2015
theV0ice:
Even if he didn't buy, he fought the trouble makers of that time and protected the territorial integrity of the country better than the man now boasting about buying weapons.

A president that is screaming he bought weapons yet couldn't visit chibok because he was scared boko haram will kill him. What then is the use of the weapons he bought?

Abi na toy guns he buy? Or despite the huge budgetary allocations for the military, his generals could only procure fake equipments?
Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2015
huptin:
GEJ is moved more by emotions than critical thinking, i am sure he heard that Buhari never bought a rifle from one of his numerous psycophants and didnt bother to cross check the fact before going on national television to lie blatantly.
GEJ is a member of NL and he reacts to sourceless posts on NL grin
Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by KingGeorge1: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2015
Please stop this lies joor. so where are all the military hard-wares now? with expired weaponry that can't conquer BOKO HARAM

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 09, 2015
Adminisher:
Nigeria did nit buy over 500 aircraft in 1983.
We acquired a lot of our defence systems in the eighties and Jonathan is very WRONG to say there was no procurement in those years. A lot of the deliveries of the late 80s were actually contracted when Buhari was in the army or was head of state. The only few invasions of Nigeria that we experienced were crushed by Buhari when he was GOC sometimes without waiting for orders from the commander in chief. All these actions boosted his reputation in the army and when the coup against Shagari came there was no other person to invite as head of state.

For Jonathan supporters, it is important to advise the president that government is not a business. It is commendable to be business friendly but we don't want a business man as President. The Presidency of Nigeria is about national power, sovereignty, prestige, unity. You do the job of commander in chief well when you are not afraid of generals, when you are not corrupting them and when you make sure competent people are put in charge of the country's defence and security. Not generals who set deadlines and they are not met, or declare ceasefire and they are made to look like fools. Because of a lack of gravitas, integrity and seriousness, the President is destroying the image of his office and this is reflecting badly in the defence and security space.

The defence and security credentials of Buhari threatens the Jonathan second term as much as his anti corruption credentials. There is no amount of chewing over details and dates and military a acquisitions that can help. What the President should do is come out with what he is going to do differently in defence and anti corruption war and let Nigerians judge.
Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by jmaine: 9:19am On Jan 09, 2015
According to your link after the purported 541 Aircrafts bought by Buhari (1984-1985)

IBB regime added additional 201 (1986-1993). . .

Abacha added 20 (1994-1998)

Obasanjo added 94 (1999- 2007)

Yar Adua before he died added 231 grin grin grin (2007-2010)

GEJ added 20 ( 2011- 2013)

It is even more shocking that the Buhari regime bought more Aircrafts than the USA (398) despite stories of how broke we were that even warranted salient projects like the Lagos Metroline truncated . . .

It is not out of place to doubt the factual authenticity of the site with the glaring realities on ground . . . . Where are all these Aircrafts packed grin

P:S ==> The Shagari govt. is even credited to have bought a whooping 105 Aircrafts and 547 ships shocked . . .

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by FrankC3: 9:46am On Jan 09, 2015
jmaine:
According to your link after the purported 544 Aircrafts bought by Buhari (1984-1985)

It is even more shocking that the Buhari regime bought more Aircrafts than the USA (398) despite stories of how broke we were that even warranted salient projects like the Lagos Metroline truncated . . .

It is not out of place to doubt the factual authenticity of the site with the glaring realities on ground . . . . Where are all these Aircrafts packed grin

P:S ==> The Shagari govt. is even credited to buying a whooping 105 Aircrafts and 547 ships shocked . . .

I keep wondering how APC followers think, do they even process information before them before running with it? How can someone believe that a leader procured 544 aircrafts over a period of 20 months?

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by jmaine: 9:50am On Jan 09, 2015
FrankC3:

I keep wondering how APC follower think, do they even process information before them before running with it? How can someone believe that a leader procured 544 aircraft over a period of 20 months?

Am amused by their desperate attempt to always give fraudulent answers whenever their man is rightly placed on the spot, only to retort when exposed that their principal never made such allegation personally . . . . . .

It is now a recurring episode . . . . .

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by StarFist(m): 10:01am On Jan 09, 2015
For PGEJ to say such, he must have gone through records or are u trying to say that Nigerian government don't keep accurate record undecided
Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by onegig(m): 10:05am On Jan 09, 2015
Not a single rifle?

What about this. ?

Funny enough he even created the Naval training centres in Apapa and Sapele. That's not even a rifle?

People have been shot in the past for misinformation. Someone should tell me why the President doesn't deserve to be shot for this bare faced lie?

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by musiwa97: 10:11am On Jan 09, 2015
shagari was the one who brought most . not buhari..

nigeria airforce never had 500 airplane, it is just propaganda. nigeria never brought more than 30 aircraft before.. at a time.. nigeria never invested in the airforce before.. in history.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by SUBMARINE: 10:13am On Jan 09, 2015
jmaine:
According to your link after the purported 541 Aircrafts bought by Buhari (1984-1985)

P:S ==> The Shagari govt. is even credited to buying a whooping 105 Aircrafts and 547 ships shocked . . .

504 Ships

What an incredible lie

KAI Buhari grin

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by HzRF(m): 10:15am On Jan 09, 2015
barcanista:
Who else other than his zombie fans believed him in the first instance?
Post the link

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by Swizdoe(m): 10:32am On Jan 09, 2015
kajoula:

upon all these lies.....&still bent on Buhali.
Ask ekiti people they will tell you the gruesome mistake of their life
So you actually want us to support GEJ that could not outline his visible achievements in the past six years and his plans for the next four years but chose to tell us stories for the gods.
My favourite quote from Gej kindergarten speech yesterday was
I have a lot to say but it seems people are
tired.

Sensible nigerians are indeed tired of the talk talk maestro
Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by 4Play(m): 10:34am On Jan 09, 2015
I think people have to realise that military purchases are not like popping down to Alaba market to buy a laptop. You have to distinguish between when equipment is delivered and when it is purchased. During the Buhari era, oil prices had collapsed so it won't be a shocker if we weren't in a position to make major purchases. We, however, did take delivery of a lot of equipment purchased in the Shagari era.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by KnowAll(m): 10:45am On Jan 09, 2015
544 aircraft !! Haba, maybe model or toy aircraft? It surely cannot be real aircraft.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by xcolanto(m): 10:59am On Jan 09, 2015
jmaine:

P:S ==> The Shagari govt. is even credited to have bought a whooping 105 Aircrafts and 547 ships shocked . . .

grin grin
Re: Jonathan Lied: Arms Export To Nigeria From 1983-1985 Facts And Figures by BlackBaron: 11:18am On Jan 09, 2015
I'll just point out that some of the aircrafts categories were actually parts, engines. Certainly not 500 aircrafts.

Nevertheless, stuff like radars, Swingfire missiles and super pumas/cougars were ordered during that regime.
His most notable buys were tanks and arty systems.

And yes, SIPRI is an authentic source of weapon information and widely used and quoted all over the world for research purposes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Politics Of Village/town Development In Anambra State:oba Town=> / Directors Of Lekki Concession Company/Oriental hotel / VAT Collection: Supreme Court To Deliver Judgment May 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.