Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

My Little Prayer - A Poem - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Little Prayer - A Poem (2629 Views)

The Prayer For Solar And Lunar Eclipse / Converting To Islam: British Women On Prayer, Peace And Prejudice / 99 Names Of Allah And Their Benefits (good For Your Prayer) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Little Prayer - A Poem by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 09, 2015
I sometimes lie awake at night
And wonder at the stars so bright.
I dream about my future too
And all the things that I will do.

Soon the world will count on me.
I'm the future they agree.
People depend on me somehow
Though small and timid, I am now.

So you and I my dearest friend
Must stand together till the end.
For we are one by Allah's grace
No matter what our colour or race.

We must prepare ourselves today
While we journey on our life's way.
So much there is to learn and see
For true believers we must be.

O Allah we love you so.
Give us health and make us grow.
Be with us each passing day
While we journey on life's way.

Zain Bhikha

Ayamlaykorn

8 Likes

Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by aishaquest(f): 12:27am On Jan 10, 2015
Amin

Nice one Laykorn. smiley
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by sino(m): 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
Nice piece, Assalam alaykum laykorn, never knew you are Muslim, saw some of your work in the literature section, may Allah grant you more knowledge and understanding in all you do ameen.

1 Like

Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by lanrexlan(m): 3:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
The Full Lyrics goes thus:
I sometimes lie awake at night
And wonder at the stars so bright
I dream about my future too
And the things that I will do

Soon the world will count on me
I’m the future, they agree
People depend on me somehow
Though small and timid, I am now

So you and I my dearest friend
Must stand together till the end
For we are one by Allah’s grace
No matter what our creed or race

We must prepare ourselves today
While we journey on life’s way
So education we must crave
From the cradle to the grave

So those entrusted with our care
Train us please and do your share
We’ll make you proud of us somehow
So waste no time and teach us now

We need your love and tender care
Your sincere and ardent prayer
So much there is to learn and see
For true believers we must be
O Allah we love you so
Give us health and make us grow
Be with us each passing day
While we journey on life’s way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc1OGE7Otp4

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by sino(m): 3:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
Lanrexlan, talk true, how many nasheed you get for your pc? I'm almost certain the size would be in the gigs... grin

1 Like

Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by lanrexlan(m): 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
sino:
Lanrexlan, talk true, how many nasheed you get for your pc? I'm almost certain the size would be in the gigs... grin
grin It's in gigs my brother, I've got all Zain Bhikha's songs from the day he started singing Nasheed to his last Album titled Song of a soul which he used to commemorate his 20 years in Nasheed industry.Moreover, I can sing almost every song from memory grin cheesy, that's why I easily recognized the song.

I have over 200 Nasheed songs

1 Like

Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by kemiola89(f): 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
^^^ 200 Nasheeds? shocked shocked and there I was thinking no one would beat my record. cheesy . I'm a lover of Islamic blues (Nasheed) and there's this particular one from Talib Al Habib 'the light of dawn' , It felt like i was in a different world after listening to that particular track. I easily lose myself in the remembrance of Allah (dkhir).

2 Likes

Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by lanrexlan(m): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
kemiola89:
^^^ 200 Nasheeds? shocked shocked and there I was thinking no one would beat my record. cheesy . I'm a lover of Islamic blues (Nasheed) and there's this particular one from Talib Al Habib 'the light of dawn' , It felt like i was in a different world after listening to that particular track. I easily lose myself in the remembrance of Allah (dkhir).
Lol, I don beat your record o cheesy.
Talib Al-Habib is a great man, really love him he's got a good voice.
Love 'Light of the Dawn' also, but one of my best series of Talib is 'Travelling Light', so much love it.I read of a non-muslim that accepted Islam on listening to the song.

Sometimes when listening to Nasheeds that praised my beloved Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) I feel like I'm in the desert of Arabia with the Rasul of Allah.
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by sino(m): 12:48am On Jan 11, 2015
lanrexlan:
grin It's in gigs my brother, I've got all Zain Bhikha's songs from the day he started singing Nasheed to his last Album titled Song of a soul which he used to commemorate his 20 years in Nasheed industry.Moreover, I can sing almost every song from memory grin cheesy, that's why I easily recognized the song.

I have over 200 Nasheed songs
shocked shocked shocked wow! while me wey have close to 100 dey feel like boss grin grin grin

Wow so Zain Bikha has been doing nasheeds for 20 years?! I have a friend back in Uni that loves Zain so much, in fact we call him Zain Bikha Baba! lol

So now Lanre, i name you Zain Bikha baba of Nairaland grin wink
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by kemiola89(f): 7:49am On Jan 11, 2015
lanrexlan:
Lol, I don beat your record o cheesy.
Talib Al-Habib is a great man, really love him he's got a good voice.
Love 'Light of the Dawn' also, but one of my best series of Talib is 'Travelling Light', so much love it.I read of a non-muslim that accepted Islam on listening to the song.

Sometimes when listening to Nasheeds that praised my beloved Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) I feel like I'm in the desert of Arabia with the Rasul of Allah.
'Traveling light' is one of the many beautiful ones I've listened to.

Yea, I know that feeling of happiness and tranquility you get after listening to a beautiful nasheed filled with the praises of Allah and our beloved Prophet.

2 Likes

Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by lanrexlan(m): 9:45am On Jan 11, 2015
sino:

shocked shocked shocked wow! while me wey have close to 100 dey feel like boss grin grin grin

Wow so Zain Bikha has been doing nasheeds for 20 years?!
Lol, gba fun oga e o grin grin grin .Yeah, he started in 1415 A H and he released an Album titled 1415.

sino:
I have a friend back in Uni that loves Zain so much, in fact we call him Zain Bikha Baba! lol

So now Lanre, i name you Zain Bikha baba of Nairaland grin wink
**Stretches Hand/Head forward to collect my award or turban**
Thanks boss.
Rilwayne001, Tintingz se una don see, if you wan do Nikkah make una invite me, make I come perform 'Wedding Song' for ya. grin grin grin grin
AlBaqir, invite me for ya Aqiqa make I wan sing 'Hush little baby' for ya. grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by AlBaqir(m): 10:14am On Jan 11, 2015
lanrexlan:

AlBaqir, invite me for ya Aqiqa make I wan sing 'Hush little baby' for ya. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Haaa laago melo grin grin I have a baby 'Fatima az-Zakiyah, almost a year old now. Well don't worry when next... grin

1 Like

Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by lanrexlan(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2015
AlBaqir:

Haaa laago melo grin grin I have a baby 'Fatima az-Zakiyah, almost a year old now. Well don't worry when next... grin
Wow! May Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) bless your family(Amin).
Well, o ba ni ko baje, I can still sing 'Lay down your head' or 'Songs of Innocence' or 'When I grow up' for her o cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
I will keep 'Hush Little Baby' for the next one In sha Allah.

2 Likes

Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by sino(m): 12:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
lanrexlan:
Lol, gba fun oga e o grin grin grin .Yeah, he started in 1415 A H and he released an Album titled 1415.
Mi o gba, mo ni agidi gaan! there is not much difference between close to 100 and above 200 na grin

lanrexlan:

**Stretches Hand/Head forward to collect my award or turban**
Thanks boss.
Rilwayne001, Tintingz se una don see, if you wan do Nikkah make una invite me, make I come perform 'Wedding Song' for ya. grin grin grin grin

hmmm, interesting, make a youtube video and let us assess your voice quality and performance grin
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by lanrexlan(m): 1:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
sino:

Mi o gba, mo ni agidi gaan! there is not much difference between close to 100 and above 200 na grin
Haaaaaa, do you know that close to 100 can only be 80-99 while above 200 can be 300, 400, even 1000?
Abegi, there's a lot of difference joor. grin grin grin

sino:
hmmm, interesting, make a youtube video and let us assess your voice quality and performance grin
See this brother sha, you wan expose me ni? Me wan dey perform for my house, you wan take me to higher level ni? grin grin I am not ready.

If I make an audio, na my family and Nairaland Muslim Community go buy am grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by sino(m): 8:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
lanrexlan:
Haaaaaa, do you know that close to 100 can only be 80-99 while above 200 can be 300, 400, even 1000?
Abegi, there's a lot of difference joor. grin grin grin

I gif up! grin
lanrexlan:

See this brother sha, you wan expose me ni? Me wan dey perform for my house, you wan take me to higher level ni? grin grin I am not ready.

If I make an audio, na my family and Nairaland Muslim Community go buy am grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
See this guy sha, wey I don dey think about being your manager... you better start rehearsals sharp sharp o angry grin
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
sino:
Nice piece, Assalam alaykum laykorn, never knew you are Muslim, saw some of your work in the literature section, may Allah grant you more knowledge and understanding in all you do ameen.
Lol. I am. Besides, this is not my work. I don't know it was by Zain Bhikha. I guess he just produced it. It shows Track 11 on my player. I'm sure that's not the poem's name anyway. Maybe I should have added 'anonymous' to the end. Lol
Lanrexlan, take note.
Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2015
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=lanrexlan post=29669900].
Lol. Thanks, ref.d. You could edit that. Never knew it was by Zain. Female kid reciting though undecided
Ayamlaykorn
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by lanrexlan(m): 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2015
laykorn:

Lol. I am. Besides, this is not my work. I don't know it was by Zain Bhikha. I guess he just produced it. It shows Track 11 on my player. I'm sure that's not the poem's name anyway. Maybe I should have added 'anonymous' to the end. Lol
Lanrexlan, take note.
Ayamlaykorn
He wrote the song and prepared the melody.
We are cool boss
laykorn:

Lol. Thanks, ref.d. You could edit that. Never
knew it was by Zain. Female kid reciting though
Ayamlaykorn
Naadira Ali performed it, she also performed 'My Mum Is Amazing', 'Pizza In His Pocket' .Zain Bhikha is the songwriter though.
No qualms, will edit that.
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by lanrexlan(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2015
sino:

I gif up! grin

See this guy sha, wey I don dey think about being your manager... you better start rehearsals sharp sharp o angry grin
Ok oo, but who go promote us na?
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by sino(m): 11:05pm On Jan 16, 2015
laykorn:

Lanrexlan, take note.
Ayamlaykorn
Regardless brother, it is a nice piece and jazakumullahu khayran for sharing smiley
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by sino(m): 11:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
lanrexlan:
Ok oo, but who go promote us na?
Quietly screams AlBaqir na! grin
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by lanrexlan(m): 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2015
sino:

Quietly screams AlBaqir na! grin
Not only AlBaqir o, Empiree and Vedaxcool too. grin grin cheesy cheesy
Laykorn for producer cool. cheesy
Tbaba1234 go be our adviser, as in 'Baba Isale' cheesy grin
Rilwayne001 go be our distributor grin
Tintingz for marketer cheesy
Our team don complete be that o grin, fabulous team we've got

Brother Sino, I'm still working on that essay ni o .

2 Likes

Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by sino(m): 10:40pm On Jan 17, 2015
lanrexlan:

Interesting, we've got a wonderful team here, and this is how we could just start a business bro grin cheesy

lanrexlan:

No problem, would be expecting it...
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by tintingz(m): 5:58am On Jan 18, 2015
lanrexlan:

Emi marketer??

See this bobo oo cheesy grin
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by Empiree: 5:59am On Jan 18, 2015
lanrexlan:

following
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by vedaxcool(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2015
lanrexlan:

Lol grin I go try small sha!
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by lanrexlan(m): 4:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
vedaxcool:

Lol grin I go try small sha!
I take your small to mean big cheesy

tintingz:
Emi marketer??

See this bobo oo cheesy grin
Yes na, as Baba Eko you go know all those jingles very well grin grin .Grab your copy now!!!!! Se you don get am now ? grin grin
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by tintingz(m): 4:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
lanrexlan:
I take your small to mean big cheesy

Yes na, as Baba Eko you go know all those jingles very well grin grin .Grab your copy now!!!!! Se you don get am now ? grin grin
Lolzz... na Alaba market I go start the distribution. grin
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by lanrexlan(m): 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
tintingz:
Lolzz... na Alaba market I go start the distribution. grin
Piracy too plenty for Alaba jare, they will just pirate our works and we won't make profit grin grin try Idunmota. cool
Re: My Little Prayer - A Poem by tintingz(m): 5:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
lanrexlan:
Piracy too plenty for Alaba jare, they will just pirate our works and we won't make profit grin grin try Idunmota. cool
Lolz... your project go sell well well for alaba and go viral. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need A Sugar Daddy Or Sugar Mummy? / Should Muslims Pray 3 Times (qur'an 2:238) A Day Instead Of Five? / Challenge Of The Quran : Produce The Like Of This Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.