Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,521 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Some Concepts I Find Confusing - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Concepts I Find Confusing (2119 Views)

Dating Skinny Girls Can Be Very Confusing-see Reason... / My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? / 10 Confusing Behaviours Of Girls/Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Concepts I Find Confusing by joywendy(f): 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hello people.
Sorry not that good with titles so pls pardon me grin
Well the concept I want to understand is about crushes and infatuation.

A crush is just a temporary adoration for someone.

What exactly is infatuation?

What is the difference?

If having a crush is temporary while do people try has much to get the attention of their so called crush when the feeling is just for a short while?

Matured answers please. Don't come here asking me to check google undecided

Thanks

*edited*
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by kilokeys(m): 8:47pm On Jan 09, 2015
let A and B go out more often. be open minded abt their feelings for each other. discuss their fears and expectations..

then

hug themselves nake.d

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
A is in love with B, B is crushing on C,C is dating D...My English teacher told me these were alphabets, how come they are loving themselves...

I've been duped.#Somebody lied.

2 Likes

Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by Hazardd(m): 8:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
babe,not google.

The best thing is to marry your dictionary
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by joywendy(f): 9:20pm On Jan 09, 2015
Kilokeys thanks funny grin

Can you help me with the other questions please.
Hazzardd and DDelieverer the best thing for you is to mind your business if you dont have anything meaningful to contribute.

Thanks
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by AfricanApple(f): 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2015
lmao, really op you should have just tell us the real drill. these your alphabet is confusing

if A knows that B actually wanna settle down while itself is not ready, it should just let B know that it is not ready to settle down yet
besides when two people are crushing, they usually feel its gonna be everlasting, like they can't live without that person, only those who's been in it for a while will understand better

1 Like

Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by joywendy(f): 9:46pm On Jan 09, 2015
AfricanApple lol! It just an assumption though. Cuz ppl usually talk a lot about this kinda stuff asin crush and infatuation and it just got me thinking that way.

What if something like that happens?

Thanks smiley

Can you help me with the other questions above please?

smiley
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by AfricanApple(f): 9:56pm On Jan 09, 2015
joywendy:
AfricanApple lol! It just an assumption though. Cuz ppl usually talk a lot about this kinda stuff asin crush and infatuation and it just got me thinking that way.

What if something like that happens?

Thanks smiley

Can you help me with the other questions above please?

smiley
if you mean infatuation. its loving someone without knowing who they really are: the person's dressing, speaking walking etc attracted you. its more like loving the person for what they are like their wealth fame beauty etc
you could be infatuated with whom you are crushing on

1 Like

Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by InZA: 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2015
I'm going to go several stairs up to even talk about if love was involved, and if I'm using love as an example, it's suffice to say, it will do more than enough justice to your question that borders on crush and infatuation.

No matter how passionately intense your love is for someone, no matter how heart pricking your feelings may be for person A, B or whatever alphabet.... If he/she doesn't feel the same way, if he or she isn't as vested in giving the two of you a chance in love as you are.... Then you guys are not meant to be.... It's really that simple, because when you start to influence the person's feelings for you by all your subtle or obvious romantic gimmicks, it would only end up being a lobe-sided relationship where one person is giving more than the other person, where the other sees it as doing you a favor by loving you.

True love, love worth keeping and pursuing is a love that is shared by both sides ; anything other than that is just optimistic manipulation of the other person.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by kilokeys(m): 12:18am On Jan 10, 2015
Love is choosing to accept a person's good sides and tolerating his flaws..

i once fell in love with an average chic. nothing she does is intolerable,.. i couldn't spot a fault i couldn't manage.. physically and everywise.

infatuation is an obsession, very selfish.. here, blindness replaces tolerance.
just like falling for a side of a person without putting in consideration his/her other sides.

maybe tripping for denrele's originality, dress sense, fame and social presence without considering the fact abt waking up beside a mad man every morning for the rest of ur life if eventually u get into something serious like marriage with him.

crushes are temporary.. u dont see them, u dont crush on them, u almost never isolate them in ur mind. Mega fox is my celeb crush for instance...

i wouldnt think abt her when i am eating eba and oha soup.. for where.. mtcheww.

i might smile and get lost in mischief when i see a movie of her though.. like transformers..

#mythoughts

2 Likes

Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by joywendy(f): 12:47am On Jan 12, 2015
Lovely write up lady and gents

AfricanApple thanks a lot smiley so infatuation can fall under lust?

Kilokeys thanks you said that love is when you love beyond their flaws. Then if so why do people fall out of love in their relationships due to a particular flaw of their spouse? Doesn't love see beyond flaws?

InZa nice concept there. So you don't believe in that old story of making your crush/lover to fall for you? Mmmm....so how does one determine if the love is one sided?
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 12, 2015
[img]http://skullsinthestars.files./2008/12/2equals1error.png[/img]

As you can see from the above equation, you guys are not compatible, because 2 can never equal 1 even though A could equal B.

Thank me later.

#LoveGuru
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by kilokeys(m): 2:57am On Jan 12, 2015
joywendy.. when pple fall out of love.. the truth is, they never really loved.

In the scripture u hear phrases like, i have loved u with an everlasting love....

love is not abt that mushy feeling or butterflies u feel inside. love is the silent assurance and serenity in ur spirit when u see that person.

we all have siblings, with annoying flaws.. do we love them less?. nahh.. and do we realise they dont rub thier flaws in ur face when u guys are at peace? they dont wanna hurt u at that moment.

no one is perfect. love is compromise and sacrifice at the same time.

sacrifice is when u feel elated allowing some things have their way e.g staying off work to take ur wife to d hospital for instance.

compromise is a necessary, not-so-appealing action u put for a greater good e. g cutting ur trips short or changing jobs cos ur patner wants u around more.

1 Like

Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 12, 2015
joywendy:
Hello people.
Sorry not that good with titles so pls pardon me grin
Well the concept I want to understand is about crushes and infatuation.

A crush is just a temporary adoration for someone.

What exactly is infatuation?

What is the difference?

If having a crush is temporary while do people try has much to get the attention of their so called crush when the feeling is just for a short while?

What will you do?
Let's say Joywendy has a crush on Ipledge.ipledge also has a crush on Joywendy.But ipledge is not ready to settle down for any serious relationship.Joywendy doesn't know this but continues to show signs. What do you advise Ipledge to do?

What would you do as Joywendyor Ipledge ?

Matured answers please. Don't come here asking me to check google undecided

Thanks
as Ipledge i will just let you know am not ready for serious relationship.I really appreciate you.if there is any other help I can render,I will
Shallom kiss

1 Like

Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by onegig(m): 11:34am On Jan 12, 2015
UchihaMadara:
[img]http://skullsinthestars.files./2008/12/2equals1error.png[/img]

As you can see from the above equation, you guys are not compatible, because 2 can never equal 1 even though A could equal B.

Thank me later.

#LoveGuru

Using mere assumptions from algebra to solve life problems Is actually wrong. You should know that.

Life,love, lust and infatuation is like fuzzy logic and you should understand that there are no straight equations in fuzzy maths (e.g 2=1 ) but exceptions and rule of thumb without constants.

@joywendy.

I no get answer for this you question. Maybe when the sun rises a bit. tongue.

1 Like

Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by joywendy(f): 4:06am On Jan 14, 2015
Uchihamadara grin grin this your calculations get as e be.
Iplegde lol! Thanks for the advice grin

Kilokeys thanks for that. But IMO in some cases when people fall out of love is not that they never truly loved but the fact that they have done a lot of sacrifices and compromises like you say but the partner probably didn't give in as much.
Is it right to compare the same love we have with our parents and siblings to the same love in relationships today?
You said its about sacrifices and making compromise then what of those in abusive relationships? Why tell them to live those relationship if love is about making a compromise or sacrifice?

Pls note I in no way support abusive relationships. Just a question

Onegig the sun don rise since oya answer tongue
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by onegig(m): 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
joywendy:

Onegig the sun don rise since oya answer tongue

The sun?

Couldn't get an idea across before it fizzled out again
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by joywendy(f): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
onegig:

The sun?

Couldn't get an idea across before it fizzled out again

Mmm...No wahala
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by joywendy(f): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
Kilokeys and africanapple you ppl don disappear abi?

Anyways who are the mods of this section? I want my thread moved
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by AfricanApple(f): 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
joywendy:

I don reappear. anything, love?
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by kilokeys(m): 9:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
joywendy:

lol.. i am nt dating o.. so my views are theoretical.
so no emotional energy to talk plenty on top subject wey i no sabi o

1 Like

Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by Enegod(m): 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
joywendy:

move to trash?
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by joywendy(f): 6:17am On Jan 26, 2015
Enegod:
move to trash?

No!

Family section if possiblesmiley
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by joywendy(f): 6:19am On Jan 26, 2015
kilokeys:

lol.. i am nt dating o.. so my views are theoretical.
so no emotional energy to talk plenty on top subject wey i no sabi o

Lmao!!!

No problem at all.

You don't have to date to know what you are talking off.

Thanks anyways
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by joywendy(f): 6:20am On Jan 26, 2015
AfricanApple:
I don reappear. anything, love?

Nothing much.

You didn't answer my last question to you. smiley
Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by onegig(m): 9:32am On Jan 26, 2015
Joy...Seems like the sun out again. tongue

1. A crush is just a temporary adoration for someone.
A crush maybe temporal but the thoughts behind it maybe for something long lasting.

2. What exactly is infatuation?

To the best of my thoughts. It is like a not so real attraction to someone or something because of the benefits or expected benefits one tend to gain from such association which may be caused by a yarning for such things or the absence of the source you get those feelings from in the past. Maybe the absence of lover or care or attention from your partner or ex.

3. What is the difference?

The explanation above explains both. Find the differential.

4. If having a crush is temporary while do people try has
much to get the attention of their so called crush when
the feeling is just for a short while?

Because they wanna make it permanent. From getting their attention, to getting what you want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by joywendy(f): 6:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
thanks so much onegig smiley

1 Like

Re: Some Concepts I Find Confusing by onegig(m): 12:16am On Jan 31, 2015
joywendy:
thanks so much onegig smiley

Welcome

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should He Have Sex With His Girlfrnd Right Or Wrong? / She Said We Can Only Be Friends / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.