Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,122 members, 7,828,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Does God's Anointing Depart From The Anointed? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God's Anointing Depart From The Anointed? (758 Views)

Prophet Anointed Andrew (SEER 1) Pulled Crowd In Zambian Crusade (Photos) / Zimbabwean Pastor Sells 'Anointed' Cucumbers To Members During Service. PICS / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does God's Anointing Depart From The Anointed? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2015
A discussion came up while in my office today, then I and my colleagues started debating about the anointing of God with some saying the anointing of God never departs from the anointed even when the persons falls out of grace and leave in sin while others stood with the fact that if an anointed back slides, there would be some sort of warning, several times before the anointing finally departs from the anointed, but if the person realises the mistake and with all sincerity plead, the anointing of God will return....

Its known that the anointing comes from the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Since the Holy Spirit is part of the trinity, that's the same as saying that the anointing comes from God's presence in our lives. However, God will not stay where sin is. So, when we are in disobedience, which is a sin, we essentially kick God out of our lives. When He goes, so does His anointing.

But Romans 11:29 says; "For God's gifts and call are
irrevocable."

But we know when King saul sinned due to disobedience the anointing of God left him (1 Samuel 15:2-3,7-23,28,35; 18: 12).

Also we know when the israelites sinned the lord left them and they lost battles, though they were the anointed and chosen ones...

So I throw this discussion, what do you think? Does the anointing remain forever or it departs ?

Click and like this page www.facebook.com/KioskPremium Thanks
Re: Does God's Anointing Depart From The Anointed? by elantraceey(f): 9:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
Yes it does but his gifts are without repentance .
Re: Does God's Anointing Depart From The Anointed? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 09, 2015
Yes, it does depart..

(1) (Reply)

This Jesus Challenges Me / Is My Friend Taking The Right Decision? / One Mystery About Females In Church I Do Not Understands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.