Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? - Culture (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? (167106 Views)

Africanism Today ( An Event Celebrating Africa & Natural Hair Meetup) / Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? / Why Is There So Much Hatred For Other Tribes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by bilan: 6:34am On Jan 26, 2015
maxaa kaa qaldan ood umada rabigey u cayeeysaa. war xishood oo wax isku fal aqlaaqdi baa kaa dhuntey. why are you filled with so much hate for your fellow Africans ? are they not the ones who open their homelands to us when we somali were/ are slaughtering each other in somalia . I identify my self as a somali , an african and black woman ? hadii aanan madaow aheyn ma cadaan baan nahay, yaanay ku qaldin islaamaha is cadeeyey oo bidab koodi kaga tagay. haa soomaali timo adag wey jiraan waaney buxaan. abuurista ilaahay wax haka sheegin. to my fellow africans i am sorry for any hurt or offence caused by this sick individual/individuals, ajuraan and those like him represent every thing that is wrong with somalia. no wonder we still don't have a proper functioning government after a quarter of a century of death and destruction.

I see you took that at face value and started to pretend that your Somali. Your still a monkey.[/quote]
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 26, 2015
barwaaqo:

That is only a mere suggestion I think it could help since people are the backbone of a nation, stronger family stronger nation

And that all has nothing to do with 'facilitating' mixed marriages. When two different people of different backgrounds come together, they're NEVER the ones with problem, and furthermore it has zero to do with the set of issues you pulled up. A mixed marriage does not necessarily = stronger union.

Saddened by your 'illusions of grandeur' remark I guess that means your content with the status quo. Though I will try to be more specific per your advice so I hope starting with social issues is Ok.

It doesn't mean I'm "content with the status quo", it merely shows I see your illusion for what it is, at this point in time.

What can we do about malaria, xenophobia, literacy, domestic terrorism, freedom of press, child labour, toxic waste ?

Actually, you remain broad, and jump all over the place still! Regardless, the viable solutions for every single one of these presented issues can be explored in great detail, but you know what they all have in common? Pan-Africanism is not the cure-all, or cure-anything, for either of them? Local problems. Practical local solutions.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 26, 2015
@AXHOLE

Yes, I am from Djibouti and proudly so, ya ill-mannered and uncharacteristically large piece of shyttt!

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Maakhir(m): 6:56am On Jan 26, 2015
KidStranglehold:
And if you think that post was worse, I can get worse in this tribalism. I'm the KING of tribalism. grin

Trust me. I've been holding back ever since due to their being a rational Somali @Maakhir. But it seems he/she went on the offense.

I went on the offense cause of supper and I held back on gang warfare and senlese violence, rape abuses etc cause I'm not the type to generalise

But I'm gonna respond to Suppers comments, If you choose to take offense then thats not my problem, but some of the stuff he's said is just begging for a offensive response
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Maakhir(m): 7:07am On Jan 26, 2015
muafrika:
You are doing a good job,

Muafrika you of all people should know that I never lose an argument grin

@Supper, I'll reply later, I'm a bit busy right now.

Prepare yourself for a dose of reality.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Maakhir(m): 7:09am On Jan 26, 2015
KidStranglehold:
Seriously these characters lost the battle before it even started. LMAO!

The AA GDP is around 2.2 TRILLION repeat TRILLION. If it were a country it would be around the 15th or 16th richest. That's way more than the Somalia GDP.

Seriously if AA's really wanted to, especially our top investors we could economically SWALLOW the entire country of Somalia. Similar to how those rich white real estate owners were doing to Cuba back in the day(and are about to do now).

Hell I think we would make the country more valuable than it is now and actually take ADVANTAGE of its long coast. lol!

Hahahaha, now that you've started, you and Supper are both gonna be thrashed when I've got the time.

Good joke though, I nearly died laughing
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 7:10am On Jan 26, 2015
Glutton for punishment, ehh?

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by barwaaqo: 7:21am On Jan 26, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

And that all has nothing to do with 'facilitating' mixed marriages. When two different people of different backgrounds come together, they're NEVER the ones with problem, and furthermore it has zero to do with the set of issues you pulled up. A mixed marriage does not necessarily = stronger union.

That's why the prerequisites are there. These cross cultural unions have the potential to blossom a greater partnership between different groups again it's a suggestion an idea from the grassroots level.

EnlightenedSoul:
It doesn't mean I'm "content with the status quo", it merely shows I see your illusion for what it is, at this point in time.

Hmmm.....

EnlightenedSoul:
Actually, you remain broad, and jump all over the place still! Regardless, the viable solutions for every single one of these presented issues can be explored in great detail, but you know what they all have in common? Pan-Africanism is not the cure-all, or cure-anything, for either of them? Local problems. Practical local solutions.

I think we will have to agree to disagree at this point.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by adamskutty(m): 7:55am On Jan 26, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
@AXHOLE

Yes, I am from Djibouti and proudly so, ya ill-mannered and uncharacteristically large piece of shyttt!
hmm. Djibouti baaybee cool

*blows u an invisible kiss* grin
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 26, 2015
barwaaqo:

That's why the prerequisites are there. These cross cultural unions have the potential to blossom a greater partnership between different groups the two who get married, and maybe just maybe, their families a gain it's a suggestion an idea from the grassroots level.

Fixed.
Now, that is the reality.

Hmmm....
I think we will have to agree to disagree at this point.

OK.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
Maakhir:

Muafrika you of all people should know that I never lose an argument grin

@Supper, I'll reply later, I'm a bit busy right now.

Prepare yourself for a dose of reality.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
TerryCarr:
i think ababda is saying Kenyans don't like Arabs.
Lamu and Mombasa counties have large Arab populations. And others exist in Malindi and South Coast too
The Cabinet Secretary for Mining is An Arab.
The Governor for Lamu is an Arab.
One of the IEBC commissioners is an Arab.
We have 3 sets of Arabs in Kenya.
Those who have been around since 325 B.C and bulit the towns of Lamu,Malindi,Mombasa,Mtwapa etc and also founded the Swahili nation.They speak Swahli rather than Arabic and they are Sunnis.Origins include Yemen,Oman,Khuzestan and Saudi Arabia. They stand out in the sense that they speak Only Swahili and not Arabic
1500-1800 era Arabs from Oman who came with the Sultanate of Zanzibar.Mostly Sunnis and a large number of Ibadis. They speak mostly Swahili though a number speak Arabic from Oman
Both Groups live at the coast
1963 TO Present.We have Arabs who come from Yemen mainly and unlike the rest.Speak only English and Arabic and live in Nairobi rather than at the Coast.
We have no problems with Arabs.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ababda,
You should have seen the star-like reception that Ahmedinejad of Iran received at the coast when he visited as a president. He just went there alone. You would have thought he was a local celebrity, thronged by the residents on the streets with little security personnel.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 2:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
muafrika:
Are you AA Terrycarr?
yep

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 2:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
GERALD710:

Lamu and Mombasa counties have large Arab populations. And others exist in Malindi and South Coast too
The Cabinet Secretary for Mining is An Arab.
The Governor for Lamu is an Arab.
One of the IEBC commissioners is an Arab.
We have 3 sets of Arabs in Kenya.
[b]Those who have been around since 325 B.C and bulit the towns of Lamu,Malindi,Mombasa,Mtwapa etc and also founded the Swahili nation.[/b]They speak Swahli rather than Arabic and they are Sunnis.Origins include Yemen,Oman,Khuzestan and Saudi Arabia. They stand out in the sense that they speak Only Swahili and not Arabic
1500-1800 era Arabs from Oman who came with the Sultanate of Zanzibar.Mostly Sunnis and a large number of Ibadis. They speak mostly Swahili though a number speak Arabic from Oman
Both Groups live at the coast
1963 TO Present.We have Arabs who come from Yemen mainly and unlike the rest.Speak only English and Arabic and live in Nairobi rather than at the Coast.
We have no problems with Arabs.
Swahili are Bantu not arab

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Maakhir(m): 4:28pm On Jan 26, 2015
muafrika:
Ababda,
You should have seen the star-like reception that Ahmedinejad of Iran received at the coast when he visited as a president. He just went there alone. You would have thought he was a local celebrity, thronged by the residents on the streets with little security personnel.

Ahmedinijad is not Arab he's Irani, there's a difference

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Maakhir(m): 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
Supper:
Glutton for punishment, ehh?

You should be,

I'll be back tomorrow, and you should be prepared.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Maakhir(m): 4:32pm On Jan 26, 2015
Barbari, what do you say you and I destroy these guy's tomorrow? grin
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Supper: 4:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
Maakhir:

You should be,

I'll be back tomorrow, and you should be prepared.

Never knew an online spanking could spur someone to take two days to prepare a response for something that took me 30 mins tops to compose, as if this were an exam, and even recruit help in doing so. grin fv¢k it. Might as well go on to somalinet and ask for as much online support as you can get for lil ol me in exchange for khat.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by mfuasi: 5:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
Maakhir:

Looking forward. Hello all, am from Tanzania.I have brought here to restore Bantu honor. Couldn't stand on the sidelines anymore.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
Maakhir:

So you're basically admitting that you all bought this onto yourselves. Thanks for confirming.

And btw you're making a big mistake...
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by TerryCarr(m): 6:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
Maakhir:

Ahmedinijad is not Arab he's Irani, there's a difference
a very big differences
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by gallivant: 10:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
Supper:

Well Gee, axbum, that's mighty rich coming from smellian cretin that comes from a long lineage of males with a stark penchant for cousin shagging intraclan inbreeding to the point where the walking-talking physical birth defects spawned from the poisoned gene pool from hell known as Zoomalis are virtually indistinguishable from each other with almost non-existent sexual dimorphism which is only compounded by primitive ceremonial traditions of mutilating their sisters' dirty little gentiles.

Researchers in Minnesota were baffled by the exponentially high rate of autism & retardation among the refugee zoomali community as well as the disturbingly strong drive for them to petition for the right to be able to legally wed their own first cousins which led them to connect the dots and put two and two together in order to get a groundbreaking glimpse into the general pea-brained activity of a zoomali archetype. Thus, it was determined that it was indeed this desire for cousin-poon that's so deeply ingrained in their psyche that has led to the semi-functional neurological activity of the Zoomalis cranial organ(you can hardly call it a brain).

To, the literate non-somalis, for more information about this shocking phenomenon you can read further on this subject by visiting this link.
http://isteve..com/2013/12/why-so-much-retardation-among-somalis.html

To, the barely cognitive somalis, however, I think I should inform you that yes we African-Americans do have a hard time fitting all of our history and accomplishments despite our struggle with slavery and jim crow into one month, seeing as our ancestors were contributing to the fields of medicine, agriculture, and metallurgy as soon as they touched the shores of America as slaves. This in itself is a struggle.

But, see you guys have it easy, because you have no notable history or accomplishments in your millennium long existence to speak of. So, there's no need for deliberation on what time of the year should be partitioned in honor of something that doesn't even exist- ie notable Zoomalis in history.

Though, I admit, I do find it annoying that I have to sit through 3 min long infomercials asking for a donation to help feed your starving family in their toilet bowl nation every time I turn on the television, as if it's my fault they're too stoopid to figure out how to feed themselves.

Ha ha ha! Dead. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Samaale: 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by RandomAfricanAm: 12:03am On Jan 27, 2015
@KidStranglehold @Supper

HeeeEEhhey,

"Aight neh deah", a good'ol fashion nairaland dust up! I haven't been apart of one of these since shocked
https://www.nairaland.com/1262772/somali-nomadic-culture#15314931

so... "whadi" miss? grin cool

1 Like

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 1:19am On Jan 27, 2015
adamskutty:
hmm. Djibouti baaybee cool

*blows u an invisible kiss* grin

Hello Adam smiley
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Nobody: 1:34am On Jan 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

Errrm, Enlightened, I have a bad feeling that you are a bit Pissed at me right now? grin am I right?

No need to take it personally, Fula. I've been around for a year, and I was just calling it as I saw it. No disrespect, but you're not a competent moderator. You enjoy his trolling, and as you admitted, you're def more of a people-pleaser than a moderator. Now, I know you don't get paid to do this, but still I have understanding your reasoning...

For instance, how is "slutt" more worthy of censorship than "Go die of AIDs, Monkey", and the harsh images of slavery and depravity on here?

What a cesspool.

See, you've been conditioned and you don't even know it...

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Fulaman198(m): 1:48am On Jan 27, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

No need to take it personally, Fula. I've been around for a year, and I was just calling it as I saw it. No disrespect, but you're not a competent moderator. You enjoy his trolling, and as you admitted, you're def more of a people-pleaser than a moderator. Now, I know you don't get paid to do this, but still I have understanding your reasoning...

For instance, how is "slutt" more worthy of censorship than "Go die of AIDs, Monkey", and the harsh images of slavery and depravity on here?

What a cesspool.

See, you've been conditioned and you don't even know it...

Major ouch at this statement. That's mean enlightened. I recall censoring his AIDS monkey stuff and anything with die.
Re: Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum?? by Ajuran: 1:50am On Jan 27, 2015
Fulaman198:

Major ouch at this statement. That's mean enlightened. I recall censoring his AIDS monkey stuff and anything with die.

You make me die of laughter. Plz dont censor this comment. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (63) (Reply)

Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Yorubas, Please Help Me Translate These Words. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here. Everybody Is Invited!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.