Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US (32536 Views)

A South African Lady Condemns Attack On Nigerians, Calls Them Nice People / Edo Girl Hustling In Russia Warns Nigerians Back Home (Video) . / Cameroonian Lady Has Message About Nigerians Living Abroad (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 11:21pm On Jan 18, 2015
lillaowow:

people do.
some have inverters ,
some have generators

we are creative in Nigeria grin grin

some like my dad stopped complaining about the government
we have a borehole means we supply our own water
infact if it is possible, people will construct their own road
the community has their own security and they impose curfew

Many people here have generators, too, because during hurricanes the public power is intentionally cut. There are power cuts at times in the summer as they 'load shed' , but there are no more than maybe 5 in a year, lasting usually an hour or too. But daily?!! I think I would camp outside the electricity company and refuse to move until they did something about it.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by lillaowow(m): 11:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
momoyama:

Many people here have generators, too, because during hurricanes the public power is intentionally cut. There are power cuts at times in the summer as they 'load shed' , but there are no more than maybe 5 in a year, lasting usually an hour or too. But daily?!! I think I would camp outside the electricity company and refuse to move until they did something about it.

grin grin grin

how many times have you p0ressed your phone today?
that's the number of times power cut happens in Nigeria

even the president isn't immune to power cut grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HerNnAuzPRY

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by kalimera101: 12:11am On Jan 19, 2015
momoyama:

Why don't people use solar panels on their homes? That would solve the problem of outages and is also environmentally friendly. I think the problem of outages creates an opportunity for private power companies. Does the government have a monopoly?

Power production is now privatised. But the distribution got worse.

See. I understand that you can't believe what you are learning on this thread. But I assure its very true maybe not as extreme as explained by some people but it's very true. Just accept it or better yet come and visit Nigeria. Don't stay where you are and make assumptions.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 12:14am On Jan 19, 2015
kalimera101:

Power production is now privatised. But the distribution got worse.

See. I understand that you can't believe what you are learning on this thread. But I assure its very true maybe not as extreme as explained by some people but it's very true. Just accept it or better yet come and visit Nigeria. Don't stay where you are and make assumptions.
some

I certainly will visit Nigeria. That is why I came onto the travel site here. So I will see for myself, but will like it even if there are such daily power cuts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by kalimera101: 12:14am On Jan 19, 2015
momoyama:

Dude. That one na OYO (On Your Own) oh.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by kalimera101: 1:01am On Jan 19, 2015
momoyama:
some

I certainly will visit Nigeria. That is why I came onto the travel site here. So I will see for myself, but will like it even if there are such daily power cuts.

It will be fun.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by lillaowow(m): 1:14am On Jan 19, 2015
momoyama:
some

it's fun though. remembered my gf and i doing our thing in my room downstairs with my sister upstairs. my sound system volume up. and she is screaming really loud with her eyes closed. suddenly, they ceased power but she was lost in pleasure and kept on screaming for over 30seconds afterwards. it was embarrassing cos i think my neighbors heard the screams. my sister gave me that "i caught you"

i miss Naija. i won't lie. maybe cos of my gf.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by walex57(m): 4:00am On Jan 19, 2015
JewelStone:

That fellow believes everyone that has a positive personal story about Nigeria must be lying, he has some serious psychological issues. Since I woke up @6am, there's electricity in my house, even as I'm typing this response. Why would I lie about this or my travel experience and job, what do I stand to gain?

Even if I upload my pictures and Intl passport here, he will still be too ignorant to believe. Smh
Please don't post anything on here smiley identity theft is on the rise. This is exactly my point....you said basically (the way I interpreted it) that my exact question had nothing to do with you because obviously it made no sense to you because you know no one who hates someone who has been out of the country. Now you seen someone basically talk you down when you said you have been to certain countries and said point blank that you have not...my point exactly! When some people I do not know ask me where I am and I say I'm in the usa...they say "stop lying, you are not in the us". So maybe now it makes some "sense" to you why I asked that question. And I think the reason why this thread derailed till this sad point amount commentators is just because of this same question I've asked. Maybe when you fully migrate to the US to be with your husband to be...you'll come to understand why I asked the question.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by walex57(m): 4:06am On Jan 19, 2015
momoyama:

So you HONESTLY mean to tell me that the lights go out on average every single day in parts of Lagos? Sorry, but I do not believe that.
OK to be very candid, I just don't understand what you are trying to achieve? Nigeria has very bad intermittent power supply, some people might get 17 hours and some might get only 3 hours a day, some people haven't even seen any electricity in 6 months in some parts of Nigeria and yes I know people who have not...if you want to believe or not....it's your choice no need to dwell on that point too much! Visit Nigeria...Visit Lagos! Don't stay in a nice hotel when you visit....stay with a friend...in the real mainland and see for yourself.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 4:24am On Jan 19, 2015
walex57:

OK to be very candid, I just don't understand what you are trying to achieve? Nigeria has very bad intermittent power supply, some people might get 17 hours and some might get only 3 hours a day, some people haven't even seen any electricity in 6 months in some parts of Nigeria and yes I know people who have not...if you want to believe or not....it's your choice no need to dwell on that point too much! Visit Nigeria...Visit Lagos! Don't stay in a nice hotel when you visit....stay with a friend...in the real mainland and see for yourself.

What do you mean by asking what I am trying to 'achieve'? I am interested in visiting Nigeria and I have a special interest in it. I just do not like those who use the 'travel' section of this site (which I thought was about travel to Nigeria and by Nigerians to other countries) to attack the country and repeat ignorant stereotypes in order to keep people from visiting. I do not want to get into arguments about things that I admittedly do not know, but when people talk in extremes and with exaggeration, it is difficult not to comment. I certainly will visit Eko. As to hotels, I have a Nigerian friend here whose cousin owns a hotel in Ikeja, but I am tempted to stay in the Radisson Blue, where my Nigerian employee here has worked in the past and recommends. Wherever I actually stay, I will make sure I see the city and experience it in its entirety.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by walex57(m): 4:37am On Jan 19, 2015
momoyama:

What do you mean by asking what I am trying to 'achieve'? I am interested in visiting Nigeria and I have a special interest in it. I just do not like those who use the 'travel' section of this site (which I thought was about travel to Nigeria and by Nigerians to other countries) to attack the country and repeat ignorant stereotypes in order to keep people from visiting. I do not want to get into arguments about things that I admittedly do not know, but when people talk in extremes and with exaggeration, it is difficult not to comment. I certainly will visit Eko. As to hotels, I have a Nigerian friend here whose cousin owns a hotel in Ikeja, but I am tempted to stay in the Radisson Blue, where my Nigerian employee here has worked in the past and recommends. Wherever I actually stay, I will make sure I see the city and experience it in its entirety.
What I meant by what you are trying to achieve is that for some reason, you have been dwelling too much on the "electricity issue...they have told you there is no constant supply of electricity and you chose not to believe it, then don't let it expand, keep it to yourself not to believe until you see...at least Thomas in the bible did that! It's nice you want to visit Nigeria...but I should expect that someone as you who is interested in visiting should not pick any sides at least until you see...how do you know those exaggerating or not? You do not...the people saying negative things might be exaggerating while those saying good things might be exaggerating....you don't know of course so don't be quick to judge and pick sides just yet....visit and pick a side! Hopefully you'll be able to spend one of your nights in "eko" out of your comfy hotel room so your "exploration" will be complete and accurate. I also believe in Nigeria and I know all will get better....but one thing I'm very sure of is that it's not anytime soon (not being pessimistic just judging by the current happenings). And wait! I thought this thread should be about Nigerians at home against Nigerians in the diaspora...how did it get to Nigeria ' economic and infrastructural problems?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by momoyama: 4:52am On Jan 19, 2015
walex57:

What I meant by what you are trying to achieve is that for some reason, you have been dwelling too much on the "electricity issue...they have told you there is no constant supply of electricity and you chose not to believe it, then don't let it expand, keep it to yourself not to believe until you see...at least Thomas in the bible did that! It's nice you want to visit Nigeria...but I should expect that someone as you who is interested in visiting should not pick any sides at least until you see...how do you know those exaggerating or not? You do not...the people saying negative things might be exaggerating while those saying good things might be exaggerating....you don't know of course so don't be quick to judge and pick sides just yet....visit and pick a side! Hopefully you'll be able to spend one of your nights in "eko" out of your comfy hotel room so your "exploration" will be complete and accurate. I also believe in Nigeria and I know all will get better....but one thing I'm very sure of is that it's not anytime soon (not being pessimistic just judging by the current happenings). And wait! I thought this thread should be about Nigerians at home against Nigerians in the diaspora...how did it get to Nigeria ' economic and infrastructural problems?

AMEN. About that we agree. It is getting boring fast hearing all these comments about economic and infrastructural problems. I will see when I get there, but in the meantime I prefer to think positively.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by dridowu: 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
@momoyama anytime you are in Nigeria especially in Lagos, pls do visit areas like Mushin, Idumota, Ajegunle, Oshodi, Mile2, Bariga e.t.c if possible find an hotel in of those areas and stay for like 2weeks (not indoor throughout) all these areas will tell you the bitter truth about power supply, water supply, health care system, road network e.t.c Staying in Radisson Blu Hotel in Victoria Island will only gives you small infomation about Lagos or Nigeria at large.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
kalimera101:

Dude, the essence of this thread is to find out why Nigerians in Nigeria hate on Nigerians in diaspora.
Free the girl. She's living well.

At a point but got derailed and she was involved. Telling me to do what before it was too late...at the same time telling sb not to make it her bf gist. You see...no strugglers online.

Good life here is better than the unknown in the US.

hahaha.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by lillaowow(m): 5:29am On Jan 20, 2015

Show a people as one thing, as only one thing, over and over again and that is what they become

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ihs241zeg

God bless Africa

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Ugosample(m): 1:26am On Sep 05, 2016
momoyama:

I think you are getting me wrong. I do not criticize your decision to work in London. In fact it is a cool place to work and live. I support your doing so. I have a brother living in Spain, although he has never worked a day in his life. I am just stating that GENERALLY it is bad for so many people to be leaving or trying to leave that it, firstly, makes it hard for genuine tourists to travel visa free and, secondly, takes so much of the talent out of the country.
I see your point
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Anderson121(m): 8:48pm On Nov 30, 2016
I actually couldn't believe it, but yes it happened to to the extent my room mate back in school then had to divulge a very deep secret he and i shared to my gfriend. Just outright bad belle, but today we are talking I had to let by gone be by gone. And if he's lucky we will spend some time together here in the UK ONCE he gets his visa.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by skitkid2(m): 8:49am On Dec 01, 2016
Please lets stop comparing life in nigeria to the US
Its hurts me to read such arguments and comments

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 02, 2016
I had to read these thread from first to last page.

To those blindly patriotic Nigerians....it's been more than a year since this thread was started....I ask you do you still think Nigeria is not so/that bad? Think carefully before you reply...remember Buhari and the dollar price. Thank You grin cheesy

Something tells me some of you blindly patriotic Nigerians on this thread have either immigrated by boat or by air and cooling your arses in obodo oyibo under one nice fan/airconditioner with 24/7 supply of powerundecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 1:34am On Dec 02, 2016
JewelStone:

Not every single day, but power cuts happen frequently. The power situation is a serious challenge though, and I understand that it's worse in some cities than others

Ala owerri ekwena ngwere guo aji shocked Nne Jiri ya nwayo...take am easy o. I kent...I just kent cry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by maternal: 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
skitkid2:
Please lets stop comparing life in nigeria to the US
Its hurts me to read such arguments and comments

They're obviously not serious. The ones that make me laugh are the ones abroad who claim they're going back. But when you give them the application to renounce their foreign citizenship and a 1 way ticket back home, come and see excuses.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Ugosample(m): 10:41am On Jan 17, 2017
Going through this thread again made me lol grin grin very very loud.....

Some people here are living In bubbles, just pray that the system no show you it's ugly side
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
dridowu:
@momoyama anytime you are in Nigeria especially in Lagos, pls do visit areas like Mushin, Idumota, Ajegunle, Oshodi, Mile2, Bariga e.t.c if possible find an hotel in of those areas and stay for like 2weeks (not indoor throughout) all these areas will tell you the bitter truth about power supply, water supply, health care system, road network e.t.c Staying in Radisson Blu Hotel in Victoria Island will only gives you small infomation about Lagos or Nigeria at large.

Do not stay at an hotel in Mushin, Idumota, Ajegunle, Oshodi etc as listed. Just stick to Radisson Blu that was recommended.
you have a 20% chance of being robbed at those listed places, the % goes up the more you say dollars instead of naira.

use hotels.ng to locate hotels and their rates
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Lordkylie(f): 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2017
I read through the whole thread and I realised Nigeria's problem is her citizens nothing more. @op you talk about Nigerians at home hating on those abroad but if you frequent travel section you'll see it's actually the other way round. If a person dares to post that he/she will not consider moving abroad to live eh the number of insults the person will receive will make you feel sorry for them. By the way most people posting (I feel) lived in Lagos or one of the big cities before moving out, there are other places in Nigeria sha.
We all know Nigeria has problems but these problems can be solved if we're all willing to contribute positively to the system. For example look at what the Lagos state government is doing ,they have a long way to go but I believe that state can't have a mediocre non performing governor again because they have a lot of enlightened people.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:28am On Apr 19, 2017
I know this thread is old but I have got to say this. Justwise, What about a friend who didn't tell me she travelled abroad, but I checked instagram and from the picture she posted her environment already changed because she was on the beach with some Korean babes and I happily liked the photo and commented that she is looking beautiful. The next thing I remembered my friend did was block me off her Instagram and made her page a private page after blocking me (as someone who didn't really know my way much around Instagram, I just noticed I tried searching for her and couldn't find her on my follower list or even in the search list, I then used my sister's instagram account and I searched for her and her details came out. I then realized she had blocked me off her Instagram page because I happily and innocently commented because I was happy to see my friend doing well (I am no advocate for staying in Naija,I also have my plan. Anyone who wants to stay and develop the country can develop it as for me I am tired of rejection and segregation we often experience in our own country) but she humiliated me by blocking me off like I was a nobody. She isn't just a friend, we have been friends since when we were young, and we are also family friends. What she did pained me that for days I cried. I cried not because she didn't tell me she was travelling, at least thats the trend in Africa, you don't tell people you are travelling so that they don't abort your travelling plans (African thinking) but I cried because I felt humiliated and rejected( well it was only for a while), because other people commented and she replied them, I took a quick peak at the profile of those who commented that she replied, I saw that they are also based abroad. Because I never pass border does not mean I won't pass border. And I vowed to stay in my lane at the same time wishing her well. Now if that my friend eventually tries to contact me and I show little or no concern or even try to ignore her, does it mean I am jealous of her? No! I am not because I was taught to always rejoice with those rejoicing, so that I can be blessed. But I doubt if I would ever want that friendship to continue again. I won't be friends with someone who doesn't respects me and thinks so little of me. I know If I post a picture of myself wearing a winter jacket in an environment filled with snow today, she would contact me because that way she feels I am already up to her level and by his grace I will testify soon. At the same time, I am not disregarding the fact that I also have nice friends abroad who treated me like human and tried to keep in touch too. And I understand them even when they don't keep in touch anymore because I know it's a busy world and everyone is trying to find his path to success. But in their silence, they care about me and I care about them. That's the way the term friendship should go.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by TheCongo2: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2017
justwise:
[/b]

Its harder to make an honest living abroad than in Nigeria because the chances of you living on stolen money and brag about it is remote but in Nigeria stealing is a full time job with a recognized position.

May be only few of you knew those opportunities available to ordinary Nigerian because people in the attached picture will disagree with you

This is a picture of job applicants in one state, the govt sold the form to them but many died trying to get the immigration job, this is the same Nigeria?

Justwise, is this truly a picture of job applicants or a football game?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 8:47pm On Apr 19, 2017
TheCongo2:

Justwise, is this truly a picture of job applicants or a football game?

Absolutely!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by justwise(m): 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2017
Prettiepearlz:
I know this thread is old but I have got to say this. Justwise, What about a friend who didn't tell me she travelled abroad, but I checked instagram and from the picture she posted her environment already changed because she was on the beach with some Korean babes and I happily liked the photo and commented that she is looking beautiful. The next thing I remembered my friend did was block me off her Instagram and made her page a private page after blocking me (as someone who didn't really know my way much around Instagram, I just noticed I tried searching for her and couldn't find her on my follower list or even in the search list, I then used my sister's instagram account and I searched for her and her details came out. I then realized she had blocked me off her Instagram page because I happily and innocently commented because I was happy to see my friend doing well (I am no advocate for staying in Naija,I also have my plan. Anyone who wants to stay and develop the country can develop it as for me I am tired of rejection and segregation we often experience in our own country) but she humiliated me by blocking me off like I was a nobody. She isn't just a friend, we have been friends since when we were young, and we are also family friends. What she did pained me that for days I cried. I cried not because she didn't tell me she was travelling, at least thats the trend in Africa, you don't tell people you are travelling so that they don't abort your travelling plans (African thinking) but I cried because I felt humiliated and rejected( well it was only for a while), because other people commented and she replied them, I took a quick peak at the profile of those who commented that she replied, I saw that they are also based abroad. Because I never pass border does not mean I won't pass border. And I vowed to stay in my lane at the same time wishing her well. Now if that my friend eventually tries to contact me and I show little or no concern or even try to ignore her, does it mean I am jealous of her? No! I am not because I was taught to always rejoice with those rejoicing, so that I can be blessed. But I doubt if I would ever want that friendship to continue again. I won't be friends with someone who doesn't respects me and thinks so little of me. I know If I post a picture of myself wearing a winter jacket in an environment filled with snow today, she would contact me because that way she feels I am already up to her level and by his grace I will testify soon. At the same time, I am not disregarding the fact that I also have nice friends abroad who treated me like human and tried to keep in touch too. And I understand them even when they don't keep in touch anymore because I know it's a busy world and everyone is trying to find his path to success. But in their silence, they care about me and I care about them. That's the way the term friendship should go.

I know stuff like this happens but people should not generalize because many Nigerians abroad still keep in contact with friends back home
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by TheCongo2: 10:00pm On Apr 19, 2017
Prettiepearlz:

OMG, very sad. We all have been through rejection one way or the other. The worst thing is when your loved ones reject you because you aren't doing good financially. But then again, no situation is permanent and the earth is spinning constantly. Those who were first at one point may find themselves been last. Conversely, the last ones may find themselves be the first ones. Therefore, never underestimate anyone because we don't know what tomorrow may bring about.

Just take it as a learning process and move on. One day, she may be embarrassed to look at you in the eyes. She may even pretend she never had an instagram account.

I remember when I was growing up in the Democratic Republic of Congo, a primary school friend of mine befriended some white people in the neighborhood. He started to mingle with white people in Secondary school. One day I met him on the streets and the guy pass me as if we never knew one another. He even put on a very serious face. I was hurt but there was no much I could do. I had to accept the fact that he was in a different world. I even started to thing that maybe he didn't remember me after all.

Then all of the sudden BAM, I was in the United States of America. This news became a sensation in the city where I grew up among all my peers. The next thing I knew the childhood friend ,who I thought didn't remember me, was looking for me. OMG, it means he never forget me all this time but preferred to ignore me because of the fact he had white friends.

You live and learn. And one thing I have learned is you never know who will help you and when.

I have come across this thought on Karma online:

"When a bird is alive, it eats ants. When the bird is dead, ants eat the bird. Time and circumstances can change at any time. Don't devalue or hurt anyone in life. You may be powerful today, but remember, time is more powerful than you. One tree makes a million match sticks but only one match is needed to burn a million trees. So be good and do good."

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:18am On Apr 20, 2017
justwise:

I know stuff like this happens but people should not generalize because many Nigerians abroad still keep in contact with friends back home
Yeah I know and that's why I said I am not disregarding the fact that I have great friends abroad who still contact me. And now I will use your words for this thread that people shouldn't generalise that people back home hates them automatically once they travel abroad. Because there are some of us who are always happy when we see people doing great things. Although starting from the way some folks comment on threads that has to do with going abroad, I know we still have some pepper dem gang kind of people but that's not enough for the op to conclude especially when he hasn't conducted a research on it. It's past midnight night here, I don't know if I should wish you a good night too or a great day.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:40am On Apr 20, 2017
TheCongo2:

OMG, very sad. We all have been through rejection one way or the other. The worst thing is when your loved ones reject you because you aren't doing good financially. But then again, no situation is permanent and the earth is spinning constantly. Those who were first at one point may find themselves been last. Conversely, the last ones may find themselves be the first ones. Therefore, never underestimate anyone because we don't know what tomorrow may bring about.

Just take it as a learning process and move on. One day, she may be embarrassed to look at you in the eyes. She may even pretend she never had an instagram account.

I remember when I was growing up in the Democratic Republic of Congo, a primary school friend of mine befriended some white people in the neighborhood. He started to mingle with white people in Secondary school. One day I met him on the streets and the guy pass me as if we never knew one another. He even put on a very serious face. I was hurt but there was no much I could do. I had to accept the fact that he was in a different world. I even started to thing that maybe he didn't remember me after all.

Then all of the sudden BAM, I was in the United States of America. This news became a sensation in the city where I grew up among all my peers. The next thing I knew the childhood friend ,who I thought didn't remember me, was looking for me. OMG, it means he never forget me all this time but preferred to ignore me because of the fact he had white friends.

You live and learn. And one thing I have learned is you never know who will help you and when.

"When a bird is alive, it eats ants. When the bird is dead, ants eat the bird. Time and circumstances can change at any time. Don't devalue or hurt anyone in life. You may be powerful today, but remember, time is more powerful than you. One tree makes a million match sticks but only one match is needed to burn a million trees. So be good and do good."
Wow, I am impressed with this write up, although the incident is still recent and fresh in my memory but I have long healed, it's just painful once in a while when I flash back to it and some other days I have a good laugh at myself. I think I got affected because I expected much from her and got less, through this I have learnt to always do good to people but expect less from them. I don't take rejection well, hence the reason why I was so pained because I cherish her as a friend and always happy to see her or any of my friends and family do well(of course where will I learn bad belle from? Is it from my mother, a sweet soul who is always happy that you're happy or my father, who is always happy to rejoice with you?). But she taught me some lessons which has made me stronger, no one can break me except I allow them to and I am definitely not allowing anyone break me again. People feel once they are step higher than you they should do away with you because you are no longer on the same phase but they have forgotten that there is something called tomorrow and no one knows tomorrow, you don't know what the person you have rejected will become tomorrow. I wish her well and I pray she excels in all her endeavors and never have a cause to regret her past mistakes. To err is human so we all can make mistakes we won't be proud of when we look back. One thing I am sure of about the situation between me and her is that we will both meet at the top. And probably in the present country she currently resides in.

And I am sure that your friend is regretting his actions now, see how God works, he dumped you for white friends and God elevated you to the land of the white men while he is still there, obviously without his white friends as everyone would have gone their separate ways after primary school. Karma is truly a bitch, it never forgets no matter how long. Thanks for your inspiring words. I wish you all the best in life.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US by Ugosample(m): 12:59am On Apr 20, 2017
TheCongo2:

Hmmm
Such is life
BTW can you still speak French very well?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Ferries That Will Be Used At The Bariga Waterfront Jetty (Photos) / Burnt Buses At Forte-oil Tanker Ojuelegba Accident Scene (photos) / Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.