Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,344 members, 7,957,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:02 AM

Why Are Nigerians Like This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Like This? (914 Views)

Nigerians Like Sharing Fake And Bad News – Rotimi Amaechi / Why Are Nigerians Like This?! / Shameful Photos Inside The Forest Of Italy Lies sexworkers Who Are Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Nobody: 4:04am On Jan 10, 2015
A friend of mine who was a winner in the first edition of the YouWin programme was telling me yesterday that he won't vote for Goodluck Jonathan next month. I asked him why, and he was giving some usual ignorant excuses like - The insecurity in the north, the president is indecisive, the president can't manage the economy well and some other crap that I can't relate with. He wants to vote for Buhari. . .
This was a guy who was frustrated in london and was on the verge of taking his life or doing something stupid.
I got pissed and told him to get out...

However, it got me thinking, why are Nigerians so unreasonable. I also saw in the papers that Yam farmers contributed a huge sum to the Buhari campaign organisation. These are people who directly benefited from the government of GEJ but they still complain that GEJ is not performing.

What do Nigerians want? Have we ever bothered to ask ourselves what we want? Because honestly, if we analyse and think deeply, we dont know what we really want. Why? Why? Why?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Beesluv: 5:17am On Jan 10, 2015
Anybody is free to vote for whoever he/she wants
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Beync(f): 5:36am On Jan 10, 2015
I don't blame any igbo man who says he wouldn't vote for gej. Imagine out of 12univercities he built, 9 are in the north, more than 300 almajiri schools in the north, new airports in the north except for enugu, most power plants commisioned in the north, agriculture, roads in the north, etc. Upon all these he doesn't hav their support. The problem is that he favoured the people that hates him so much while negleting the people who stood by him .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by SeverusSnape(m): 7:12am On Jan 10, 2015
Beync:
I don't blame any igbo man who says he wouldn't vote for gej. Imagine out of 12univercities he built, 9 are in the north, more than 300 almajiri schools in the north, new airports in the north except for enugu, most power plants commisioned in the north, agriculture, roads in the north, etc. Upon all these he doesn't hav their support. The problem is that he favoured the people that hates him so much while negleting the people who stood by him .
Exactly!... The president was busy favouring the north more than the rest regions, The northerners were against him, He was only trying to please them thereby displeasing the other regions, and they still dislike the man. I really pity GEJ, It's very hard to please humans especially Nigerians. Sometimes, I hope he's defeated, so that all these insults will stop, then we'll see how the other person would get the job done; at other times, I hope he's given a second chance to right all the wrongs.
Let's just wait and see the outcome of the elections.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by babadee1(m): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2015
J12:
A friend of mine who was a winner in the first edition of the YouWin programme was telling me yesterday that he won't vote for Goodluck Jonathan next month. I asked him why, and he was giving some usual ignorant excuses like - The insecurity in the north, the president is indecisive, the president can't manage the economy well and some other crap that I can't relate with. He wants to vote for Buhari. . .
This was a guy who was frustrated in london and was on the verge of taking his life or doing something stupid.
I got pissed and told him to get out...

However, it got me thinking, why are Nigerians so unreasonable. I also saw in the papers that Yam farmers contributed a huge sum to the Buhari campaign organisation. These are people who directly benefited from the government of GEJ but they still complain that GEJ is not performing.

What do Nigerians want? Have we ever bothered to ask ourselves what we want? Because honestly, if we analyse and think deeply, we dont know what we really want. Why? Why? Why?

We want the same thing that citizens of every other country want from their leaders, good governance. Because I got money from a government programme is not enough reason to vote for that government. How is that different from all those who sell their votes for rice and chicken? Collect the money and vote your conscience. The issues of governing are vast and complex. If I as a person benefit from your government but the rest of the country is suffering why should I vote for you?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by hyfr(m): 7:21am On Jan 10, 2015
Beync:
so who will u vote for
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by hyfr(m): 7:22am On Jan 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Exactly!... The president was busy favouring the north more than the rest regions, The northerners were against him, He was only trying to please them thereby displeasing the other regions, and they still dislike the man. I really pity GEJ, It's very hard to please humans especially Nigerians. Sometimes, I hope he's defeated, so that all these insults will stop, then we'll see how the other person would get the job done; at other times, I hope he's given a second chance to right all the wrongs.
u spoke my mind exactly, let buahri win so that igbos would know between gej and buhari who is better for them
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Beync(f): 11:18am On Jan 10, 2015
No body
hyfr:
so who will u vote for
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Beync(f): 11:31am On Jan 10, 2015
True talk. Come 14th next month the cloud'l be cleared
SeverusSnape:

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by hyfr(m): 12:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
Beync:
No body
so you concur with me on voting for none of them
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Beync(f): 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
Ww
hyfr:
so you concur with me on voting for none of them
gbam

(1) (Reply)

Buhari May Actually Be Much Older Than 72,a liar has no limits / Jonathan To Campaign In Borno Today / 2015 Presidential Sentiments: Buhari’s Grand Mother Is From Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.