Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,851 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma (12691 Views)

Great Grandma Stuns In This Four Generations Photo / 117-Year-Old Grandma Whose Photos Went Viral Dies / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by 5minsmadness: 5:27pm On Jan 17, 2015
ileobatojo:
Emm circumcision does not cause 'holes in the penis' (epispadias and hypospadis) It does not cause phimosis, rather is the treatment for phimosis. And it is very unlikely to cause "severe bleeding for days". Uncontrolled severe bleeding would likely have someone ex sanguinate before getting to "days".

Emm, yes it does all those things. According the department of pediatrics, Stanford , UK;

Complications of Circumcision
With any procedure, it is important to know what complications are possible. Not only does this knowledge guide technique (to minimize the possibility of a poor outcome), but it also allows for a more informed discussion with parents who are considering circumcision for their son and permits improved recognition of problems if and when they occur.

Bleeding
Infection
Insufficient foreskin removed
Excessive foreskin removed
Adhesions/ Skin bridges
Inclusion cysts
Abnormal healing
Meatitis
Meatal stenosis
Urinary retention
Phimosis
Chordee
Hypospadias
Epispadias
Urethrocutaneous fistula
Necrosis of the penis
Amputation of the glans
Death

References

All these are complications that can arise from Male Genital Mutiliation.

So why haven't we eradicated the practice? Why eradicate FGM only?
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
Ewuro4:
crackhaus.. Please 'be a man' and stop this annoying back and forth cool Thank you.
Na so, typical line from women supposedly intended to make men feel bad I guess... cheesy

I must not be the average man then, cos that shiit don't work on me - the only women I don't argue/have a back & forth with, are those who mean something to me cos I wouldn't want to say things that I'll regret.
But for witches like Ileobatojo, I'd rather not be a man and continue the annoying back and forth until she learns to stay off my case cool
Thank you very much.

BTW, no advice for your friend...no? gringrin

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

Emm, yes it does all those things. According the department of pediatrics, Stanford , UK;

Complications of Circumcision
With any procedure, it is important to know what complications are possible. Not only does this knowledge guide technique (to minimize the possibility of a poor outcome), but it also allows for a more informed discussion with parents who are considering circumcision for their son and permits improved recognition of problems if and when they occur.

Bleeding
Infection
Insufficient foreskin removed
Excessive foreskin removed
Adhesions/ Skin bridges
Inclusion cysts
Abnormal healing
Meatitis
Meatal stenosis
Urinary retention
Phimosis
Chordee
Hypospadias
Epispadias
Urethrocutaneous fistula
Necrosis of the penis
Amputation of the glans
Death

References

All these are complications that can arise from Male Genital Mutiliation.

So why haven't we eradicated the practice? Why eradicate FGM only?

Link?
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2015
crackhaus:

Na so, typical line from women supposedly intended to make men feel bad I guess... cheesy

I must not be the average man then, cos that shiit don't work on me - the only women I don't argue/have a back & forth with, are those who mean something to me cos I wouldn't want to say things that I'll regret.
But for witches like Ileobatojo, I'd rather not be a man and continue the annoying back and forth until she learns to stay off my case cool
Thank you very much.

BTW, no advice for your friend...no? gringrin

We already know this. You're 'below average Joe'. So what's new?

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by 5minsmadness: 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2015
ileobatojo:

Hey, it's okay, I get it. If one has mush for brains like you, then there's a desperate need to try to fake being intelligent. Keep trying dear. kiss you might get there some day. Though I must say it's highly unlikely. But I give you an A for effort. wink

But that's just it right there witch, I don't need to try/fake it - it's as much a reflex to me as transforming into a vulture at night is to you.

Another quality about me right there for you to hate and gloat on... gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Ewuro4: 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2015
Every precedure ( as little as tonsillectomy) has its own likely implications. That's why we sign consent forms prior ... undecided

@5minsmadness

Crackhaus .. I give up grin
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by 5minsmadness: 5:51pm On Jan 17, 2015
Ewuro4:
Every procedure ( as little as tonsillectomy) has its own likely implications. That's why we sign consent forms prior ... undecided

@5minsmadness

Crackhaus .. I give up grin

Exactly my point! Female circumcision is a procedure as well abi? So why focus on the complications so much, why paint it as completely and utterly bad so much so that even a discussion pro-fgm is viewed with 'disgust' as aptly put by some of the commenter's here? Couldn't they simply have modified the procedure to ensure it caused no harm?
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Ewuro4: 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

Exactly my point! Female circumcision is a procedure as well abi? So why focus on the complications so much, why paint it as completely and utterly bad so much so that even a discussion pro-fgm is viewed with 'disgust' as aptly put by some of the commenter's here? Couldn't they simply have modified the procedure to ensure it caused no harm?

@bolden is where common sense falls in. All procedures are required for a patient. I mean tonsillectomy wouldn't be done to an hearty individual will it?? Why dab into what may cause a lifelong disability on a healthy girl in name of just Tradition? That's it, Tradition?

Am I making any sense
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by 5minsmadness: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
Ewuro4:

@bolden is where common sense falls in. All procedures are required for a patient. I mean tonsillectomy wouldn't be done to an hearty individual will it?? Why dab into what may cause a lifelong disability on a healthy girl in name of just Tradition? That's it, Tradition?

Am I making any sense
We are going round in circles.

How is male genital mutilation required for a newborn baby boy?
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2015
ileobatojo:

We already know this. You're 'below average Joe'. So what's new?
Correction - slightly below average god, above average human. gringrin

As for what's new, I heard that witches have been missing their flight-path recently and ending up on rooftops, high tension wires, and even inside gutters - I mean, what's up with that?
Aeronautics is starting to fail you people too? embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Ewuro4: 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2015
5minsmadness:

We are going round in circles.

How is male genital mutilation required for a newborn baby boy?

For sex I guess.. I really don't know. I also can boldly say male circumcision is abuse too.

P.S I'd say , Majorlity of whitees are uncircumcised till their adolescent age to make their own decisions.( not sure of precise % but this I know about their blockoses grin)

same with ear piercings. Most of them don't get it done till later in life.

I know a 78old man circumcised to rid of infection beneath his penîś foreskin. He's all better now.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 8:28pm On Jan 17, 2015
crackhaus:
Okay who's next?
Ahhh I see it's the market women again, obviously still hurt and can't stay off my radar. gringrin

I really don't know what to make of these two anymore, it's quite sad really - I must be appearing in your dreams for this obsession to have so much hold on you, I have that effect on people though cool

Cc: Ileobatojo, Cococandy
not everything is about you dude.
I'm sorry your opponent gave a wonderful and truthful speech that I didn't expect from a man which is the truth that FGM is based on the olden misogynist principles that used to govern many traditions.

And you're sore that I agree with him?
Why do you take everything personal?

What next? You're gonna quote everyone who likes a post that opposes your opinion and call them names?
undecided
Na wa

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2015
crackhaus:

But that's just it right there witch, I don't need to try/fake it - it's as much a reflex to me as transforming into a vulture at night is to you.

Another quality about me right there for you to hate and gloat on... gringrin

Very interesting. Please, do tell us what other delusions you suffer from. So far, we've heard these two
-ileobatojo is out to get me cheesy
-I am intelligent (now this one's pretty darn hilarious) grin

So I trust you'll be back to reel off more of your delusions. We're all interested to hear what's going through the mind of a moronic psycho. wink

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2015
ileobatojo:

Very interesting. Please, do tell us what other delusions you suffer from. So far, we've heard these two
-ileobatojo is out to get me cheesy
-I am intelligent (now this one's pretty darn hilarious) grin

So I trust you'll be back to reel off more of your delusions. We're all interested to hear what's going through the mind of a moronic psycho. wink
Ahhh the ugly witch is back, how was your dinner blood-fest?

Is Ileobatojo out to get me?
Is a witch even capable of getting me? Will you be able to fly straight without falling on someone's roof or ending up on an electric pole? I pity you... gringrin

My intelligence was never up for discussion, you brought it up after I pummeled you for not being witty enough - I know it hurt you, but did you honestly expect that a witch would know anything more than stalking and poisoning people with her frustrations? gringrin

Now tell me, why do your evil sisters keep dropping out of the skies like flies?
Una no know road again?

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 10:18pm On Jan 17, 2015
cococandy:
not everything is about you dude.
I'm sorry your opponent gave a wonderful and truthful speech that I didn't expect from a man which is the truth that FGM is based on the olden misogynist principles that used to govern many traditions.

And you're sore that I agree with him?
Why do you take everything personal?

What next? You're gonna quote everyone who likes a post that opposes your opinion and call them names?
undecided
Na wa
Sore? Awww, such over-estimated sense of self...

Just quit getting all up and gloating over posts meant for other posters, it's pitiful.
Then when you get called out on it, you revert to faking innocence - so preposterous cheesy

FYI, that guy never made this assertion in that particular post: FGM is based on the olden misogynist principles that used to govern many traditions.

You still lie in broad daylight huh? gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 17, 2015
crackhaus:

Ahhh the ugly witch is back, how was your dinner blood-fest?

Is Ileobatojo out to get me?
Is a witch even capable of getting me? Will you be able to fly straight without falling on someone's roof or ending up on an electric pole? I pity you... gringrin

My intelligence was never up for discussion, you brought it up after I pummeled you for not being witty enough - I know it hurt you, but did you honestly expect that a witch would know anything more than stalking and poisoning people with her frustrations? gringrin

Now tell me, why do your evil sisters keep dropping out of the skies like flies?
Una no know road again?

I knew you would oblige. Such an obedient boy. Good job.

Okay, we have delusion no 3
-I see people falling out of the sky.

Wow, this is serious stuff. Such a loose grasp on reality you have there. But you know, this exercise might be therapeutic for you.

Please, do go on, tell us more...

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 10:45pm On Jan 17, 2015
ileobatojo:

I knew you would oblige. Such an obedient boy. Good job.

Okay, we have delusion no 3
-I see people falling out of the sky.

Wow, this is serious stuff. Such a loose grasp on reality you have there. But you know, this exercise might be therapeutic for you.

Please, do go on, tell us more...
Hey old witch, I'm honestly feeling sad on your behalf right now for having nothing smart to say anymore.
And to think you would go around looking for opportunities to offload your frustrations on unsuspecting posters, and still be the first to tap-out when the heat gets turned up.... tsk tsk.

So tell me - apart from witchery, what else you good at? embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
crackhaus:

Hey old witch, I'm honestly feeling sad on your behalf right now for having nothing smart to say anymore.
And to think you would go around looking for opportunities to offload your frustrations on unsuspecting posters, and still be the first to tap-out when the heat gets turned up.... tsk tsk.

So tell me - apart from witchery, what else you good at? embarassed

Good lad. Here, have this do*ggy treat..

Delusion no 4
-I am capable of turning up the heat against my superiors

Keep 'em coming..

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 11:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
ileobatojo:

Good lad. Here, have this do*ggy treat..

Delusion no 4
-I am capable of turning up the heat against my superiors

Keep 'em coming..
Superior in mediocrity and witchery... Lmao cheesycheesy

You must also be the official jester in that your coven grin

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2015
crackhaus:

Superior in mediocrity and witchery... Lmao cheesycheesy

You must also be the official jester in that your coven grin

No 5
-I think I'm funny.

Please don't stop. You really do obey orders so well. Maybe they'll let you have some padding in your cage tonight for being so good. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 12:14am On Jan 18, 2015
crackhaus:

Sore? Awww, such over-estimated sense of self...

Just quit getting all up and gloating over posts meant for other posters, it's pitiful.
Then when you get called out on it, you revert to faking innocence - so preposterous cheesy

[FYI, that guy never made this assertion in that particular post: FGM is based on the olden misogynist principles that used to govern many traditions.

You still lie in broad daylight huh? gringrin

He actually did. But you weren't reading as Usual. More busy looking for who's witch hunting you to read and understand your opponents post correctly.

I don't know if this is a new form of trolling you adopted, anyone who agrees with an opposing opinion than yours is out to get you. Even when they did not insult you or use nasty names for you, you go off the handle in response.

I mean I can understand if someone insults you and you give them the insult back 10times. That's allowed. lipsrsealed

But these days common disagreement has you howling like something else apart from nairaland usual debate is going on.

Lord have mercy.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 12:36am On Jan 18, 2015
cococandy:

He actually did. But you weren't reading as Usual. More busy looking for who's witch hunting you to read and understand your opponents post correctly.

I don't know if this is a new form of trolling you adopted, anyone who agrees with an opposing opinion than yours is out to get you. Even when they did not insult you or use nasty names for you, you off the handle in response.

I mean I can understand if someone insults you and you give them the insult back 10times. That's allowed. lipsrsealed

But these days common disagreement has you howling like something else apart from nairaland usual debate is going on.

Lord have mercy.

I don't know why you always want to force my hand, I always try to avoid performing an intellectual lobotomy on you - but you seem not have realized that once I type a comment, I already think about at least two different ways the person I'm quoting is going to respond. grin

Now this is the post:
Honestly I'm pretty much seeing disconnect in the way some guys on this thread have presented themselves; there's that wanting to see themselves as 'good men' in the same time not even bothering to think of what is it that they're arguing for, torture of children, and when it's pointed out exactly as what it is outside of language they've been sugarcoating it in whole their lives they throw a fit and backpedal and accuse women present of a gender conspiracy against them and men present as irrational and crazy who have no right to speak up at all.

Misogyny at its finest show. Pretty sickening.
So where therein is your inference, put it in bold as you're now the next-gen Mac OS that does extrapolation from non-existent data. gringrin

I don't know why you people never learn.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 12:49am On Jan 18, 2015
BlackLeopard:
A, we're on a public forum,
B, human rights are everybody's concern,
C, Bleep your attempt at silencing me, try harder. grin

And yes, patriarchy & misogyny (which are something that men exhibit and have spread to communities & system of power to do it by respectively) are what moves those women to be abusers, at least in part. If you can't see how a system contributes to individual decisions, then you're really missing a big part of the picture.

One doesn't have to be holding a knife to be a killer; who profits from murder is as much if not more guilty.

Same deal here.
did you read this one? Crackhaus? Did you even see it? I bet you were busy looking for who's after you to understand what he was saying in that post. Read it again. Tell me how the message is not clear that he imples that misogyny is the driving force behind FGM.

You quoted the one where he was bashing you because you think that's what made me ask who he was.
More evidence to show that you're basking in the 'everyone is out to get me' euphoria.

When actually I asked who he was because this truth he said here in the above quoted post is hard for a man to say. And I'd be delighted to at least meet one who calls it the way it is.

Has nothing to do with you.
It is getting boring. This new thing you've learned to do. Person no fit agree with your opponent again without you getting personally pained.

crackhaus:

I don't know why you always want to force my hand, I always try to avoid performing an intellectual lobotomy on you - but you seem not have realized that once I type a comment, I already think about at least two different ways the person I'm quoting is going to respond. grin

Now this is the post:

So where therein is your inference, put it in bold as you're now the next-gen Mac OS that does extrapolation from non-existent data. gringrin

I don't why you people never learn.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 12:56am On Jan 18, 2015
ileobatojo:

No 5
-I think I'm funny.

Please don't stop. You really do obey orders so well. Maybe they'll let you have some padding in your cage tonight for being so good. kiss

Now look at the witch again - ever since I pointed out your lack of wit, you've been counting up to God-knows-what by attempting a crash-course in psychoanalysis 101 for beginners... all in a bid to appear witty, desperation! gringrin

You're also desperate for someone to obey your orders.
Why don't you order the official flight director in your coven to chart a clear course devoid of obstacles for your people, at least so you don't end up on someone's roof, a high-tension wire, or in a gutter... embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 18, 2015
crackhaus:

Now look at the witch again - ever since I pointed out your lack of wit, you've been counting up to God-knows-what by attempting a crash-course in psychoanalysis 101 for beginners... all in a bid to appear witty, desperation! gringrin

You're also desperate for someone to obey your orders.
Why don't you order the official flight director in your coven to chart a clear course devoid of obstacles for your people, at least so you don't end up on someone's roof, a high-tension wire, or in a gutter... embarassed

Yeeess, I'm really upset that you pointed out my lack of wit.

You see, any time someone with the mind of a kindergartener who's watched too much Harry Potter starts speaking their fantastical babble, I stand up and listen.. No, seriously.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 1:29am On Jan 18, 2015
ileobatojo:

Yeeess, I'm really upset that you pointed out my lack of wit.

You see, any time someone with the mind of a kindergartener who's watched too much Harry Potter starts speaking their fantastical babble, I stand up and listen.. No, seriously.
One synonym for fantastical is artistic, thanks for the compliment gringrin
Harry Potter is a better witch than you are, Hogwarts taught him how to dodge high-tension wires.

Meanwhile, your super obvious use of sarcasm in an attempt at deflecting the truth about your lack of wit is an epic fail. wink

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 1:35am On Jan 18, 2015
crackhaus:

One synonym for fantastical is artistic, thanks for the compliment gringrin
Harry Potter is a better witch than you are, Hogwarts taught him to dodge high-tension wires.

Meanwhile, your super obvious use of sarcasm in an attempt at deflecting the truth about your lack of wit is an epic fail. wink

I would say the same for your attempt at wittiness to deflect from the fact that you're a childish, hyperemotional paranoid delusional sicko.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 1:35am On Jan 18, 2015
Cococandy,
That comment was made Jan 15, yours a full two days later on the 17th - keep lying to yourself... cool
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 1:39am On Jan 18, 2015
ileobatojo:

I would say the same for your attempt at wittiness to deflect from the fact that you're a childish, hyperemotional paranoid delusional sicko.
Yeah right, and you who have been replying every single one of my comments are the epitome of maturity, emotional control, clear thinking, and sanity.

The joke is on you, coven jester... grin

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 1:41am On Jan 18, 2015
crackhaus:

Yeah right, and you who have been replying every single one of my comments are the epitome of maturity, emotional control, clear thinking, and sanity.

The joke is on you, coven jester... grin

The simple answer is yes.

You on the other hand need some meds for your hallucinations. Or a straight jacket.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 1:43am On Jan 18, 2015
crackhaus:
Cococandy,
That comment was made Jan 15, yours a full two days later on the 17th - keep lying to yourself... cool
you're the one In Delusion. What makes you think I visited the thread again until the day I made the comment?
This is an old thread that I wasn't even following actively until the day I clicked on it again and read from where I stopped before.

Really your impression is that I follow people who insult you around to know when they will?
As in what?

Get off the crack.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Post Marital Weight Gain & Effects. / Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria / My New Wife Masturbates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.