Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma (12658 Views)

Great Grandma Stuns In This Four Generations Photo / 117-Year-Old Grandma Whose Photos Went Viral Dies / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by freecocoa(f): 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2015
I don't think grandma cut out any part of the baby's but she was still circumcised, I remember my mum said there was a way people did it with bare hands, something like really pressing the clitoris real hard and then using hot water on it, I'm not sure I got all the, details but yea, they still try to circumcise female children without outright removal of the clit.

Funny enough, many people(especially from Abia and Imo) still practice this barbaric nonsense till tomorrow, I know how much a cousin of mine and I, had to say, to save another cousin's baby from this evil, my cousin's MIL circumcised her(my cousin)1st daughter and wanted to do same to the 2nd but luckily for the infant,we were around and refused, it wasn't easy o because the baby's mother was like "my husband would be angry o, I don't want trouble" bla bla bla, in the end sha, the girl was left alone.

It's really a pity, they sha never born person wey go try that nonsense with my child.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by maclatunji: 5:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't think grandma cut out any part of the baby's but she was still circumcised, I remember my mum said there was a way people did it with bare hands, something like really pressing the clitoris real hard and then using hot water on it, I'm not sure I got all the, details but yea, they still try to circumcise female children without outright removal of the clit.

Funny enough, many people(especially from Abia and Imo) still practice this barbaric nonsense till tomorrow, I know how much a cousin of mine and I, had to say, to save another cousin's baby from this evil, my cousin's MIL circumcised her(my cousin)1st daughter and wanted to do same to the 2nd but luckily for the infant,we were around and refused, it wasn't easy o because the baby's mother was like "my husband would be angry o, I don't want trouble" bla bla bla, in the end sha, the girl was left alone.

It's really a pity, they sha never born person wey go try that nonsense with my child.

So, it is probably a modified form of FGM. #Interesting.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by 5minsmadness: 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
maclatunji:

So, it is probably a modified form of FGM. #Interesting.
Hold on a minute***wears crash helmet and protective garb against ebombs***

Ehen. Now am ready.

What's wrong with the mother circumcising the female child? After all, male children are circumcised as well. The original name was female circumcision, calling it female genital mutilation seems like giving a dog a bad name to hang it.
Cc lewstherin, others.

(Pls no insults. Na question i dey ask)

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
So your cousin agreed to torture her child because her husband will be angry if she refuse?

embarassed

If na me I go carry my daughter run away angry
freecocoa:

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by freecocoa(f): 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
cococandy:
So your cousin agreed to torture her child because her husband will be angry if she refuse?

embarassed

If na me I go carry my daughter run away angry
Dey there na, her husband used to beat her na so she was scared of him, she was even begging us to let the MIL do what she wanted.

I have seen what abuse can do to people, that's why I don't joke with the matter cha cha.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
freecocoa:
Dey there na, her husband used to beat her na so she was scared of him, she was even begging us to let the MIL do what she wanted.

I have seen what abuse can do to people, that's why I don't joke with the matter cha cha.
angry
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by freecocoa(f): 8:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
cococandy:
angry
No too vex jare, small small we will win the fight. kiss

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by maclatunji: 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
5minsmadness:

Hold on a minute***wears crash helmet and protective garb against ebombs***

Ehen. Now am ready.

What's wrong with the mother circumcising the female child? After all, male children are circumcised as well. The original name was female circumcision, calling it female genital mutilation seems like giving a dog a bad name to hang it.
Cc lewstherin, others.

(Pls no insults. Na question i dey ask)

Male circumcision is beneficial for men and is a religious injunction for many of us. However, the female equivalent has been found to do harm medically and is not a religious prerequisite. Islam does not demand it and as such once the medical harm can be proven, it should be left. I cannot write about other religions because I don't know what their teachings regarding female circumcision is.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Ewuro4: 10:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
texanomaly:
How could this mother allow this to happen to her child?

She's crazy. That's why.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
Ewuro4:

She's crazy. That's why.

Egbon mi smiley
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Ewuro4: 10:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
Akranez:

Egbon mi smiley

Wha..

Who be this
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
Ewuro4:

Wha..

Who be this

Na me your broda na..Haba
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by 5minsmadness: 10:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
maclatunji:

Male circumcision is beneficial for men and is a religious injunction for many of us. However, the female equivalent has been found to do harm medically and is not a religious prerequisite. Islam does not demand it and as such once the medical harm can be proven, it should be left. I cannot write about other religions because I don't know what their teachings regarding female circumcision is.

Female circumcision had a strongly cultural and social importance attached to it before it was painted black by the colonialists. A female who wasn't circumcised couldn't marry, couldn't speak or give her opinion in a gathering of her peers and was regarded with dishonour. Female circumcision was and is still seen in some areas as a thing of pride.

There is the belief also that it was had an aesthetic value in that it beautified the female genitals.
And yes, it also reduces the woman's sexual libido thus making her less inclined to stray away from her matrimonial home. Barbaric in this day and age but true none the less.

As for it having health implications, I know for a fact that a lot of boys are mutilated when circumcised by inexperienced people. Cases of phimosis and hypospadias abound. But in the case of the males, the Circumcisers were educated and properly trained to reduce such incidences and today circumcision of malefolk is mostly safe. Why wasn't the same done for the female folk?
Instead of abolishing the practice outright in the name of westernization, why not educate the female folk on proper healthy and non-harmful female circumcision?

Also I know non-circumcised males have a more sensitive penis and therefore enjoy sex more than their circumcised counterparts. Why is it seen as a taboo to reduce a woman's sexual urge but not a man's?

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by maclatunji: 10:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
5minsmadness:

Female circumcision had a strongly cultural and social importance attached to it before it was painted black by the colonialists. A female who wasn't circumcised couldn't marry, couldn't speak or give her opinion in a gathering of her peers and was regarded with dishonour. Female circumcision was and is still seen in some areas as a thing of pride.

There is the belief also that it was had an aesthetic value in that it beautified the female genitals.
And yes, it also reduces the woman's sexual libido thus making her less inclined to stray away from her matrimonial home. Barbaric in this day and age but true none the less.

As for it having health implications, I know for a fact that a lot of boys are mutilated when circumcised by inexperienced people. Cases of phimosis and paraphimosis abound. But in the case of the males, the Circumcisers were educated and properly trained to reduce such incidences and today circumcision of malefolk is mostly safe. Why wasn't the same done for the female folk?
Instead of abolishing the practice outright in the name of westernization, why not educate the female folk on proper healthy and non-harmful female circumcision?

Also I know non-circumcised males have a more sensitive penis and therefore enjoy sex more than their circumcised counterparts. Why is it seen as a taboo to reduce a woman's sexual urge but not a man's?

I actually doubt removing part of a woman's Instruments would reduce hee libido unless it is a hatchet job that effectively damaged her. Before a man can get there, she must have already consented unless he is raping her.

As for men, who measures it (sexual pleasure in circumcised and uncircumcised men)? The foreskin habours microbes that make men more susceptible to infection. Besides, the foreskin is more of an impediment than an asset.

As for social beliefs attached to female circumcision, it would be changed once people decide they don't need it.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 10:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
These constipated women will never cease throwing snide comments, proof that you can only take the monkey out of the forest but never the forest out of the monkey.

Simple question EfemenaXY, do they now use only hot water and cloth for circumcision?
And all the civilization you have been exposed to can't let you answer without bringing in your baggage from other threads.

The other two follow suit like bees as well, class acts... monkeys will be monkeys no matter where they live, jeez.

So if a cloth and hot water is now used for female circumcision, then that's the only way I can understand the story to be passing that point across...any other thing about baby crying, or bags, or whatever are merely presumptions.

At least, African men are not responsible for this one like you women would blame for everything else that is wrong with your lives.
Women themselves are as much evil as men, if not more - an enemy to themselves...

Enough said!

Cc: Ileobatojo, Cococandy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
cococandy:

Am I missing something? Why the mention?

I too am wondering if someone has lost their damn mind. What are they calling my name for?

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 10:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
cococandy:
shocked shocked shocked
Crackhaus what's up?

Ile, was anything going on in another thread before I quoted you on this one?
Pls I don't want to get in the middle of it if so.
I don tire to fight Biko embarassed

At all o.

He just refused to open his eyes and read. My comment on this thread was misinterpreted and I quickly explained myself when I caught that only for him to start foaming in the mouth and chatting shyte. Rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 10:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
EfemenaXY:

~ What else do you think was in that bag apart from the piece of cloth rag that was used between the child's legs?

~ What did she need the hot water for? Why was the child screaming even before the rag with hot water was used on her?

~ Why didn't the writer stay in the room to see what was going on?

#Sickening story.#
Rhetorics based on presumptions.

I chose to ignore this yesterday due to the lack of depth in your reply, only to log in now to see it has degenerated into market women gist.

Why would I be pretending?
I read a story, I saw nothing like knife or blood...which led me to ask a very valid question about the things I saw - cloth and hot water.

Treat each thread differently and learn to compartmentalize, that we have argued on other topics does not mean anytime you see my moniker you get an aneurysm.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 10:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
ileobatojo:

At all o.

He just refused to open his eyes and read. My comment on this thread was misinterpreted and I quickly explained myself when I caught that only for him to start foaming in the mouth and chatting shyte. Rubbish.
My friend shut the fvck up and desist from making references to me on this forum - I neither know you nor care to know who you are or what you think.

Are you silly?

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
crackhaus:

Treat each thread differently and learn to compartmentalize, that we have argued on other topics does not mean anytime you see my moniker you get an aneurysm.

Yeah, you need to take your own advice. I have not referred to you in any way, shape or form in this thread, yet you are here spouting nonsense about me.

5 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
crackhaus:

My friend shut the fvck up and desist from making references to me on this forum - I neither know you nor care to know who you are or what you think.

Are you silly?

You must be sick in the head. Who asked you what you know or care to know?

6 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by 5minsmadness: 10:59pm On Jan 11, 2015
maclatunji:

I actually doubt removing part of a woman's Instruments would reduce her libido unless it is a hatchet job that effectively damaged her. Before a man can get there, she must have already consented unless he is raping her.

As for men, who measures it (sexual pleasure in circumcised and uncircumcised men)? The foreskin habours microbes that make men more susceptible to infection. Besides, the foreskin is more of an impediment than an asset.

As for social beliefs attached to female circumcision, it would be changed once people decide they don't need it.
And here's my question in your last paragraph: Why change it? Because oyinbo said it is wrong? What about the cultural and social values I mentioned?

Anything that isn't properly washed is going to harbour microbes. Its just as easy to lift up the foreskin and wash it as you would your armpits.

There were other reasons for the female circumcision. I mentioned reduced libido just to acknowledge it; I'm not in support of it though I could argue it's benefits.

What I'm saying is, why ban it outrightly? Why not improve on it? If it causes medical harm why not educate and increase the skill of the female circumciser?
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 11:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
I have said my piece, choosing to act clueless in the face of confrontation is your prerogative.

Everything is on the previous page, clear for all to see - that's if you cowards don't edit it.

I'm outta here...

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 11, 2015
cococandy:

Erm I understood your comment to mean 'how can a reasonable human being think that female genital mutilation can keep a woman faithful to her future husband?' and you were wondering how people who thinks like that can be of the same species with normal humans which I concurred.

Obviously it wasn't Crackhaus that said it. All he did was ask a question so your comment couldn't have been directed at him but was obviously directed at the annoying ppl in the OP.

Ok you don't be angry.
I'm going be a peace maker today.

Crackhaus . Darling I can't fight with you. I won't fight both my enemies and my friends. You obviously misunderstood something along the line.

God bless you for having common sense o. Apparently it's not common to some. That's exactly what I meant as well as "aren't there other ways to teach values to your daughter instead of traumatizing her physically".

I won't stand to be called names for no reason. What rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 11:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
Thank the Lord the comments are still there. Now all we need are people who can actually read and comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 11:13pm On Jan 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 11:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 11:15pm On Jan 11, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help!!! My Wife Is Ruining Our Marriage / Good Primary And Secondary Schools In Ejigbo/ajao Estate, Lagos. / Why Do People Use Burial Ceremonies To Show Affluence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.