Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma (12715 Views)

Great Grandma Stuns In This Four Generations Photo / 117-Year-Old Grandma Whose Photos Went Viral Dies / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
cococandy:
it is a misunderstanding then.pls calm down

One thing that has become common on this forum is to regard the comments made by the 'opponents' with suspicion. And by opponents I mean those who are usually not in agreement with us from long time immemorial. Hence it is easy to misinterpret whatever they are Trying to say as long as it is them saying it. Even when if correctly analyzed we could all be saying the same thing.

I am guilty of this too I won't lie.

But today is a day of peace . Everybody hold hands let us pray.

In Jesus' name......

I hear you Coco and you're very correct. That was why I made it a point when I replied Efe to say that I wasn't referring to the conversation she was having. After countless explanations, he's still pretending not to get it so he can justify calling me the names he has been wanting to call me for a long time.

Yeah, not today mister, wait for another opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 11:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 11:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 11:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
cococandy:

This one is meant for me I guess. I've gone back and re-read it and I still can't see what you're mad about.
Forget it.

But if you feel like playing, work down from that Efe's comment - the one you quoted above.

Who is pretending?

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by maclatunji: 11:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
5minsmadness:

And here's my question in your last paragraph: Why change it? Because oyinbo said it is wrong? What about the cultural and social values I mentioned?

Anything that isn't properly washed is going to harbour microbes. Its just as easy to lift up the foreskin and wash it as you would your armpits.

There were other reasons for the female circumcision. I mentioned reduced libido just to acknowledge it; I'm not in support of it though I could argue it's benefits.

What I'm saying is, why ban it outrightly? Why not improve on it? If it causes medical harm why not educate and increase the skill of the female circumciser?

The reason why there is so much opposition to female circumcision is that those who undergo it, tend to live with a lot of pain from childhood to during sex to childbirth.

The pains are just not worth whatever benefits you may want to sell. For men, the advantages are greater, uncircumcised men are runaway vectors of HIV when compared to circumcised men and so on.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 11:23pm On Jan 11, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 11:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
ileobatojo:

I hear you Coco and you're very correct. That was why I made it a point when I replied Efe to say that I wasn't referring to the conversation she was having. After countless explanations, he's still pretending not to get it so he can justify calling me the names he has been wanting to call me for a long time.

Yeah, not today mister, wait for another opportunity.
You should stop embarrassing yourself already, you know this is isn't the first time I'm calling you out for what you've become quite good at.

I have never quoted you on this forum unprovoked.

You can try to act coy for everyone else to think you're innocent, but I know about your dislike on my person and I couldn't care about it - but you seem to know this and deliberately want to provoke.

I have called you out twice before, and this would be the third time.

5 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
crackhaus:

You should stop embarrassing yourself already, you know this is isn't the first time I'm calling you out for what you've become quite good at.

I have never quoted you on this forum unprovoked.

You can try to act coy for everyone else to think you're innocent, but I know about your dislike on my person and I couldn't care about it - but you seem to know this and deliberately want to provoke.

I have called you out twice before, and this would be the third time.

Please shut up and stop making a complete f00l of yourself.

I already told you, wait for another opportunity. This is not the one you're looking for.

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
cococandy:
I quoted ile at first not efe. My interest wasn't in your convo with efe or response or lack of reponse. I only quoted from where ile scoffed at 'it will make her faithful'

Actually I'm not playing. Just sad.
Ok even when she said she wasn't refering to your convo with efe before going on to make the comment that I said 'I wonder too' how did you finally reach the conclusion that she or I was being snide to You?

The million dollar question.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 11:33pm On Jan 11, 2015
ileobatojo:

Please shut up and stop making a complete f00l of yourself.

I already told you, wait for another opportunity. This is not the one you're looking for.
The only thing worse than you being a sneaky and devious old woman is being a total coward.

Do you deny that you haven't responded to comments meant for me just to make snide remarks in the past?
Do you deny that I've called you out on this twice before?

If only you would just grow a pair and come at me directly so I treat your sickness once and for all...just look at you cowering right now - I'm ashamed for you.

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by EfemenaXY: 11:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
crackhaus:
These constipated women will never cease throwing snide comments, proof that you can only take the monkey out of the forest but never the forest out of the monkey.
Simple question EfemenaXY, do they now use only hot water and cloth for circumcision?
And all the civilization you have been exposed to can't let you answer without bringing in your baggage from other threads.
The other two follow suit like bees as well, class acts... monkeys will be monkeys no matter where they live, jeez.
So if a cloth and hot water is now used for female circumcision, then that's the only way I can understand the story to be passing that point across...any other thing about baby crying, or bags, or whatever are merely presumptions.
At least, African men are not responsible for this one like you women would blame for everything else that is wrong with your lives.
Women themselves are as much evil as men, if not more - an enemy to themselves...
Enough said!
Cc: Ileobatojo, Cococandy

Smh!

crackhaus:

Rhetorics based on presumptions.
I chose to ignore this yesterday due to the lack of depth in your reply, only to log in now to see it has degenerated into market women gist.
Why would I be pretending?
I read a story, I saw nothing like knife or blood...which led me to ask a very valid question about the things I saw - cloth and hot water.
Treat each thread differently and learn to compartmentalize, that we have argued on other topics does not mean anytime you see my moniker you get an aneurysm.

What's the torrid rant for this evening?

In case it's escaped your notice, my very first comment had absolutely nothing to do with you, nor were you mentioned.

You called me out with this post asking for an explanation, abi? And my response to you was as civil as could be.

So what's with the accusations and name calling from you? If you had any issues with my very plain response to you, why didn't you voice it out then? You only saw fit to do so after reading subsequent posts from others and you wanna hold me responsible for them?

Baggage from other threads you say? Like seriously? Are you sure you're even okay this evening?

Listen, I haven't got time for your silliness this evening. Come to think of it, I've over indulged you by responding to your rant. Now off with you!

crackhaus:
Okay I think I'm lost on this story, EfemenaXY help me out if you will - do they use just cloth and hot water to circumcise now, or am I missing a point in the OP?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
crackhaus:

The only thing worse than you being a sneaky and devious old woman is being a total coward.

Do you deny that you haven't responded to comments meant for me just to make snide remarks in the past?

If only you would just grow a pair and come at me directly so I treat your sickness once and for all...just look at you cowering right now - I'm ashamed for you.

Further proof of your idiocy. You need to focus now clown. No one's talking about the past here. We're talking about this thread and your premise for coming at me in this thread. Admit you acted the f00l so we can all move on. Or at least just shut the hell up.

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
crackhaus:

By the way, whoever liked this post is a mor*on. I see you. wink Just saying.

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 11:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
EfemenaXY, no need to talk too much.

It beats me how anyone can pretend not to know what happened. It doesn't have to be spelt out for crying out loud!

Who are the people pretending not to know what happened?

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by crackhaus: 11:48pm On Jan 11, 2015
ileobatojo:

Further proof of your idiocy. You need to focus now clown. No one's talking about the past here. We're talking about this thread and your premise for coming at me in this thread. Admit you acted the f00l so we can all move on. Or at least just shut the hell up.
I have your medicine - we will meet again as sure as day and night.

Cheers...

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Smh!

What's the torrid rant for this evening?

In case it's escaped your notice, my very first comment had absolutely nothing to do with you, nor were you mentioned.

You called me out with this post asking for an explanation, abi? And my response to you was as civil as could be.

So what's with the accusations and name calling from you? If you had any issues with my very plain response to you, why didn't you voice it out then? You only saw fit to do so after reading subsequent posts from others and you wanna hold me responsible for them?

Baggage from other threads you say? Like seriously? Are you sure you're even okay this evening?

Listen, I haven't got time for your silliness this evening. Come to think of it, I've over indulged you by responding to your rant. Now off with you!

Imagine a grown a*ss "man" carrying emotional baggage up and down from thread to thread. Shameless being.

5 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
crackhaus:

I have your medicine - we will meet again as sure as day and night.

Cheers...

There's a good boy, now shut up and run along boy. Go play with your toys or something.

5 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 11:53pm On Jan 11, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by EfemenaXY: 12:03am On Jan 12, 2015
crackhaus:
EfemenaXY, no need to talk too much.

Who are the people pretending not to know what happened?

Honestly, you're really beginning to annoy me now, Crackhaus.

Read the first couple of comments on this thread before my first post. What do you notice with regards to the question you've just asked me?

Secondly, why do you assume / think I would have any qualms quoting you directly if the need arises? You should know by now that if I have a problem with you, I tell you straight up to your face man! Or you think I'm afraid of doing so?

And finally, did you even read, no. Scratch that. Comprehend my comments in my first post? Did I not state very clearly what I thought of the writer with regards to her pretending not to know what was done to her daughter?

I absolutely do not have to justify myself to you. I'm only doing this because you've dragged innocent people into this. You were very wrong with your assumptions and you need to do the mature thing - own up to your mistakes and apologize to them.

The venom is / was unwarranted and extremely unnecessary.

6 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by 5minsmadness: 12:43am On Jan 12, 2015
maclatunji:

The reason why there is so much opposition to female circumcision is that those who undergo it, tend to live with a lot of pain from childhood to during sex to childbirth.

The pains are just not worth whatever benefits you may want to sell. For men, the advantages are greater, uncircumcised men are runaway vectors of HIV when compared to circumcised men and so on.
Awww, that's not true. No pain in childhood or sex. The only pain comes during childbirth and even then it is in cases of extreme circumcision where the entire vlitoris and labia minor are cut.

There are different types of female circumcision two of which involves marking the vlitoris only, not even cutting it off. I think the female circumcision thing got a really bad rap from the Europeans who saw it as completely barbaric and because we were under the hypnosis of "everything western must be good and everything culture bad" we did away with it as the good children we were instead of improving on it and removing the bad part(massive mutilation) while retaining the cultural significance.

This is just a rethorical discussion by the way, not as if am clamouring for female circumcision to make a comeback. Its been nice discussing with you.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by maclatunji: 12:51am On Jan 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

Awww, that's not true. No pain in childhood or sex. The only pain comes during childbirth and even then it is in cases of extreme circumcision where the entire vlitoris and labia minor are cut.

There are different types of female circumcision two of which involves marking the vlitoris only, not even cutting it off. I think the female circumcision thing got a really bad rap from the Europeans who saw it as completely barbaric and because we were under the hypnosis of "everything western must be good and everything culture bad" we did away with it as the good children we were instead of improving on it and removing the bad part(massive mutilation) while retaining the cultural significance.

This is just a rethorical discussion by the way, not as if am clamouring for female circumcision to make a comeback. Its been nice discussing with you.

Okay o, but there is no pain during childhood? Let us leave pain during sex to the individuals involved to decide.

This your submission is beyond belief.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by EfemenaXY: 1:03am On Jan 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

An ardent supporter of FGM.

Tell you what: why don't you improve upon the act while maintaining it's cultural significance by applying this to your daughters when you eventually have them, and extend the practice to your wife when you get married?

Your disclaimers at thr end of your posts are at best - pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by soulglo: 2:28am On Jan 12, 2015
For me, it's simple. A'int nobody touching my baby. I don't care if you had 12 babies of your own and pulled them all out of your body with your very own hands all by yourself in the jungle while single handedly hunting a water buffalo and cooking food for your family of 15. Makes absolutely no difference to me. If I even detect a hint of any of this archaic tendencies it is over.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 2:39am On Jan 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

@bolded doesn't sit well with me. Pls explain (in very simple English ) before I reply. I don't want to misunderstand you.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 12, 2015
cococandy:

@bolded doesn't sit well with me. Pls explain (in very simple English ) before I reply. I don't want to misunderstand you.

Coco, why did you delete your posts now?
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 2:45am On Jan 12, 2015
ileobatojo:

Coco, why did you delete your posts now?

I just tire. Nothing really. i felt I was getting too emotional.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by Nobody: 2:54am On Jan 12, 2015
cococandy:

I just tire. Nothing really. i felt I was getting too emotional.

Really? I thought you stayed pretty calm and unbiased.

It's all good.
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by cococandy(f): 3:18am On Jan 12, 2015
ileobatojo:

Really? I thought you stayed pretty calm and unbiased.

It's all good.
or maybe I felt worse than I let show.

Yea it's all good. wink
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by red101(f): 4:45am On Jan 12, 2015
5minsmadness:

this is the dumbest post I've seen on NL so far this year. first of all, why do you assume that opposition to FGM is a western thing? All progressive ideas must be western in your eyes abi?
second of all, do you even understand the horrible cultural significance of FGM?
FGM is an existing reality in many parts of Africa. It is still being practiced today in many different forms.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by red101(f): 4:52am On Jan 12, 2015

Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by elektra(f): 6:07am On Jan 12, 2015
5minsmadness

Please educate me on the benefits of FGM. What is its cultural significance? Why should it be kept alive?
Re: Alarming Baby Care Lesson From Grandma by 5minsmadness: 7:37am On Jan 12, 2015
maclatunji:

Okay o, but there is no pain during childhood? Let us leave pain during sex to the individuals involved to decide.

This your submission is beyond belief.
Depending on the type of circumcision, the 'pain during childhood' lasts as long as it takes for the wound to heal. It is a wound and it will heal.
Pain during sex? No pain, worse case scenario there is no feeling at all. That's where the problem is. It's not as if the pain os perpetually there throughout their life.

The pain comes during childbirth for badly circumcised females. Scarification from the circumcision prevents the vag1na from expanding as it should and the woman can tear badly and bleed to death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Tactics Do Parents Employ To Stop Their Kids From Bedwetting? / 4 Ways To Handle Children While Visiting Public Places In Nigeria / Good Primary And Secondary Schools In Ejigbo/ajao Estate, Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.