Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,023 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI (1228 Views)

Ibrahim Mantu: I Was Taken For A Fool By Jonathan's Campaign Team Members / Why I Will Vote for GEJ / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by muami(m): 1:14pm On Jan 10, 2015
LIKE CHED EVANS, UNLIKE BUHARI:

In the UK, Ched Evans, a footballer, was convicted for rape in 2012. He was tried, found guilty, convicted and served his term in prison. He was released from prison in October 2014 after serving half of a five-year sentence. Since then, he has been struggling to get a job as a footballer or even to get a football team to train with as prospective clubs have had to back-off following protests from their fans, sponsors and the general public.

Here in Nigeria, a certain General Buhari raped and truncated democracy in 1983 and presided over one of the most dictatorial governments ever seen. Till date, he has shown no remorse neither has he tendered an apology for his actions. However, while Ched Evans struggles to get a job in the UK, General Buhari, who built a career out of human rights abuses, is now being presented by the main opposition party to contest for the number one job in the country.

When you try to interrogate Buhari’s past or question the rationality or morality behind his attempt to benefit from the same democracy that he raped unto death, his supporters try to intimidate you into silence by telling you to focus on the ‘issues’ and forget the past. In the words of Shaka Momodu of THISDAY “Buhari’s supporters would rather re-write history and shout critics down for daring to air contrary views from the make-belief narrative being used to dupe a new generation of Nigerians.”

Meanwhile, when you point to the infrastructure development that has taken place under the present government, the same supporters of Buhari would attempt to undermine it by comparing it with the standard of similar infrastructure in the UK and elsewhere. Yet they conveniently forget that countries like the UK got to where they are now because people like Buhari can never get a second chance to drag the country backwards, how much more benefit from their past crimes. Such countries understand that A COUNTRY THAT CHOOSES TO IGNORE HER PAST BECAUSE OF THE PRESENT HAS NO FUTURE.

Some of us want a future for our kids here in Nigeria. For that reason, we refuse to be intimidated into silence by those who want to rewrite history for us.

We refuse to accept that a man who abolished the Universal Basic Education Scheme and introduced tuition fees in tertiary institutions in 1984 will now give students scholarships and free school meals because he now wears a dinner suit.

We refuse to believe that a man, who in 1984 sacked millions of workers and implemented policies that dramatically increased unemployment in the country is now competent to create 720000 jobs in one year because he now wears a dinner suit.

We refuse to accept that the same man who presided over an 70% decline in the operational locomotives of the Nigeria Railway Corporation between 1983 – 1985 is now knowledgeable enough to improve on our rail system simply because he now wears a dinner suit.

We refuse to accept that a man who didn't mind throwing away $500 million of the country’s funds just to stop the Lagos Metro line Rail Project and stall development in the South West region is now nationalistic simply because he now wears attires from the different tribes in Nigeria in the course of his campaigns.

We refuse to accept that a man whose favourite pastime since he left office is to grant incendiary interviews on BBC Hausa reflective of a mind filled with supporter of APC ideology is now religiously tolerant because he selects pastors as his running mates, attends churches to solicit for votes and pretends to sing hymns.

We refuse to accept that a man who has been unable to engage in any significant productive and profitable venture since he left office has suddenly acquired the capacity to make Nigerian prosperous merely because he now chants ‘Change’ in campaign rallies.

We refuse to accept that a man who boasts of his poverty and always has to borrow money to buy his presidential nomination forms (at a time when other past leaders all over the world, including OBJ are making millions of bucks in book authorship fees and speaking engagements), has suddenly developed a capacity to create wealth for Nigeria and Nigerians.

We refuse to accept that the same man whose failure as Head of State formed the core of newspaper commentaries, TV talk shows, market stalls and palm wine bar discussions throughout the second half of 1985 and beyond is now suddenly capable of succeeding where he failed before simply because he has changed into a dinner suit.

Like every other Nigerian, Buhari has a right to contest for whatever elective offices he deems fit to. However, as Nigerians who are well aware of our history and why we are where we are today, we also have a right to interrogate Pa Buhari draconian and failed past, and that we shall continue so to do!

Good Morning!
(N.B. Saw this somewhere on Facebook and thought to share)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by chaarly(m): 1:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
no doubt ur president Goodluck Jonathan has tried for d past couple of years. But there is time for everything-- now is d time for change smiley
2yrs-- vice president
2yrs- acting president
2ys- president
4yrs- president
dammn! shocked shocked
let power change hands-- lets see what the General hav for us smiley #voting GMB doesnt make me and other pple out there fools. Tagging eligible voters ''FOOLS'' for picking GMB as their choice makes u d greater FOOL smiley #na by force to vote for PDP? shocked is it compulsory? shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by arsetalks(m): 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
Your father, you mom, everyone in your family are the fools. You pathetic "hecunt".

Moderators, now ban me for insulting him rightly. Show are foolish you people can be with your bias. Allow the topic stay and ban. Do it.

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by opiaoku: 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
chaarly:
no doubt ur president Goodluck Jonathan has tried for d past couple of years. But there is time for everything-- now is d time for change smiley
2yrs-- vice president
2yrs- acting president
2ys- president
4yrs- president
dammn! shocked shocked
let power change hands-- lets see what the General hav for us smiley #voting GMB doesnt make me and other pple out there fools. Tagging eligible voters ''FOOLS'' for picking GMB as their choice makes u d greater FOOL smiley #na by force to vote for PDP? shocked is it compulsory? shocked shocked

BUHARI is a certified terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond

Elrufai is a midget

Gej till 2019

5 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by chaarly(m): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
opiaoku:

BUHARI is a certified terrorist
Apc is BOKOHARAM
Tinubu is a bastard
Osinbajo is a vagabond

Elrufai is a midget

Gej till 2019

why d insults?? Naso dem dey do campaign? Y attacking dier personality?? vote for ur candidate lemmi vote for my General. ''i will not vote who u vote, neither will u vote who i vote, and i will never vote who u vote, neither wil u vote who i vote, for to is your candidate and for me my candidate''

#febuhari 14 2015
#sai Buhari tongue

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by Alexk2(m): 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
if whoever vote for buhari is a fool, then whoever vote for your GEJ is wot _______?
Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
chaarly:

why d insults?? Naso dem dey do campaign? Y attacking dier personality?? vote for ur candidate lemmi vote for my General. ''i will not vote who u vote, neither will u vote who i vote, and i will never vote who u vote, neither wil u vote who i vote, for to is your candidate and for me my candidate''

#febuhari 14 2015
#sai Buhari tongue
U dey mind the mumu. If u want to campaign for GEJ, do it with courtsey. It's not by insulting Buhari that will make people vote GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by ramdris(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
That kind of language made u d greatest Foo.ol. pple has d right to vote for whomever dey trust. U can't expect the whole country to vote for GMB or GEJ.
However, sai Buhari!

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
muami:
LIKE CHED EVANS, UNLIKE BUHARI:

In the UK, Ched Evans, a footballer, was convicted for rape in 2012. He was tried, found guilty, convicted and served his term in prison. He was released from prison in October 2014 after serving half of a five-year sentence. Since then, he has been struggling to get a job as a footballer or even to get a football team to train with as prospective clubs have had to back-off following protests from their fans, sponsors and the general public.

Here in Nigeria, a certain General Buhari raped and truncated democracy in 1983 and presided over one of the most dictatorial governments ever seen. Till date, he has shown no remorse neither has he tendered an apology for his actions. However, while Ched Evans struggles to get a job in the UK, General Buhari, who built a career out of human rights abuses, is now being presented by the main opposition party to contest for the number one job in the country.

When you try to interrogate Buhari’s past or question the rationality or morality behind his attempt to benefit from the same democracy that he raped unto death, his supporters try to intimidate you into silence by telling you to focus on the ‘issues’ and forget the past. In the words of Shaka Momodu of THISDAY “Buhari’s supporters would rather re-write history and shout critics down for daring to air contrary views from the make-belief narrative being used to dupe a new generation of Nigerians.”

Meanwhile, when you point to the infrastructure development that has taken place under the present government, the same supporters of Buhari would attempt to undermine it by comparing it with the standard of similar infrastructure in the UK and elsewhere. Yet they conveniently forget that countries like the UK got to where they are now because people like Buhari can never get a second chance to drag the country backwards, how much more benefit from their past crimes. Such countries understand that A COUNTRY THAT CHOOSES TO IGNORE HER PAST BECAUSE OF THE PRESENT HAS NO FUTURE.

Some of us want a future for our kids here in Nigeria. For that reason, we refuse to be intimidated into silence by those who want to rewrite history for us.

We refuse to accept that a man who abolished the Universal Basic Education Scheme and introduced tuition fees in tertiary institutions in 1984 will now give students scholarships and free school meals because he now wears a dinner suit.

We refuse to believe that a man, who in 1984 sacked millions of workers and implemented policies that dramatically increased unemployment in the country is now competent to create 720000 jobs in one year because he now wears a dinner suit.

We refuse to accept that the same man who presided over an 70% decline in the operational locomotives of the Nigeria Railway Corporation between 1983 – 1985 is now knowledgeable enough to improve on our rail system simply because he now wears a dinner suit.

We refuse to accept that a man who didn't mind throwing away $500 million of the country’s funds just to stop the Lagos Metro line Rail Project and stall development in the South West region is now nationalistic simply because he now wears attires from the different tribes in Nigeria in the course of his campaigns.

We refuse to accept that a man whose favourite pastime since he left office is to grant incendiary interviews on BBC Hausa reflective of a mind filled with supporter of APC ideology is now religiously tolerant because he selects pastors as his running mates, attends churches to solicit for votes and pretends to sing hymns.

We refuse to accept that a man who has been unable to engage in any significant productive and profitable venture since he left office has suddenly acquired the capacity to make Nigerian prosperous merely because he now chants ‘Change’ in campaign rallies.

We refuse to accept that a man who boasts of his poverty and always has to borrow money to buy his presidential nomination forms (at a time when other past leaders all over the world, including OBJ are making millions of bucks in book authorship fees and speaking engagements), has suddenly developed a capacity to create wealth for Nigeria and Nigerians.

We refuse to accept that the same man whose failure as Head of State formed the core of newspaper commentaries, TV talk shows, market stalls and palm wine bar discussions throughout the second half of 1985 and beyond is now suddenly capable of succeeding where he failed before simply because he has changed into a dinner suit.

Like every other Nigerian, Buhari has a right to contest for whatever elective offices he deems fit to. However, as Nigerians who are well aware of our history and why we are where we are today, we also have a right to interrogate Pa Buhari draconian and failed past, and that we shall continue so to do!

Good Morning!
(N.B. Saw this somewhere on Facebook and thought to share)
you did just fine. Am not happy we have buhari against oga jona only that I think oga jona has nothing to offer us anymore although I can't tell if buhari is a better option
Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
Let the tag, "f00l" be on me, I support Buhari.
Buhari/Osinbajo 2015.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by hyfr(m): 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
arsetalks:
Your father, you mom, everyone in your family are the fools. You pathetic "hecunt".

Moderators, now ban me for insulting him rightly. Show are foolish you people can be with your bias. Allow the topic stay and ban. Do it.
typical exaample of the Nor.thmen
Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by juman(m): 7:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
Another set of people to do things differently in aso rock is needed.

pdp is a wicked party that could not generate up to even just paltry 10k mega watts in 15 years.

1 Like

Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by crownprince102: 7:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
Yes, You are right.... Fools will vote Buhari but the most foolish and dumbest pple in the world will vote visionless GEJ and PDP.
Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
you are the biggest fool for supporting a man that is mortgaging your life and generation on born in the hands of few

boasting of how is has created more billionaires when millions are hungry and defenceless
Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by Lusola15: 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
I want positive change. So am voting GMB

I guess am one of those u call a fool
Re: Only A Fool Will Vote For BUHARI by chamboy(m): 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
noone should rain abuses on anyone .... Every Man has the right to choose whoever to vote for

(1) (Reply)

My Confusing Encounter With An APC Door To Door Campaign Representative - Read / We Saw Helicopters Dropping Arms, Food For Boko Haram- IDPs! / Olorunsogo Plant Commissioned By Pres Jonathan Can Only Supply 200 MW Not 750MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.