Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. (1390 Views)

Bomb Blast In Yobe Market, Many Confirmed Dead (PHOTO) / Bomb Blast Rocks Yola Market, Many Feared Dead / Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by Banuso99: 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
Jan 10,2015.

An explosion has gone off in Maiduguri poultry market, with several people feared dead, residents and journalists have told PREMIUM TIMES.

Our correspondent said the incident, happening less than six weeks after the same market was attacked by suicide bombers, occurred at 12:20 P.M. Nigerian time.

Details of the incident is sketchy and the casualty rate is unclear. But the explosion has sparked panic across the Borno state capital, with some residents scampering home for safety.

The spokesperson of the Borno Police, Gideon Jibrin, confirmed the explosion.

He however said police detectives were heading to the scene to ascertain the extent of damage.

A security source, who asked not to be named because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, however said the the explosive was ferried into the market by a female suicide bomber believed not to be older than 10.

“Her body was completely shattered,” he said. “Because of the high calibre explosive she strapped to her body, the upper part of her body was flung apart and found about 500 metres away.”

The source said the explosion occurred shortly after another suspected bomber was apprehended in the area.

Suicide bombers, believed to be members of the extremist Boko Haram sect, had attacked the same market on last December 1.

The police said six people, including two female suicide bombers, died in that attack.

Source:http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/174603-breaking-suicide-bomber-hits-maiduguri-market-many-feared-dead.html
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by chibwike(m): 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
God have mercy..like seriously when will all this stop..why are these people always bombing innocent citizens..what exactly do they want.

If its voting in buhari,. That would stop these bombings., lets vote him in.. I changed my mind about Gej after watching that fr mbaka video.

Are we not tired of hearing the same story everyday..

Abeg lets experience this change and see how it looks like.

Lets vote buhari please..and see if this killings would stop.

Since Gej cant stop it.

Once again, may God help us.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by klem93(m): 1:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
and all they will come back and say is that Jonathan/Buhari terminate his campaign today cause of the bomb blast in Maiduguri... is that what we need or security? dont you see it coming?
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
chibwike:
God have mery

Amen
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by daben1(m): 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
...and all we're concerned about is February! May God have mercy
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by bnovative(m): 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
The sharia Republic of northestan!
Allahu akbaru!!
next topic! And rip to the dead.
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by taharqa: 1:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
A girl 'said not to be less than 10'...and they tell me sm people in dat region do not actively support BH and Islamic fundamentalism....RIP to d dead; safe recovery to d wounded; and strength to our security men as they locate and kill these morrafucckas
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by Alonga: 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
everyday killing.God help us
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by SUBMARINE: 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
All these tricks won't stop campaign

Victory to democracy

Death to religious fanatism

GEJ till Shecow confesses his sins

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by shadyemmanuel(m): 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2015
SUBMARINE:
All these tricks won't stop campaign

Victory to democracy

Death to religious fanatism

GEJ till Shecow confesses his sins
Hmmmmmmmm...... Boko boiz don vex, last nite was yobe, dis mawning was Mubi, and in d afternoon maiduguri....... Anyway, their stupidity wont stop the transformation...... Gej till 2019
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by ikweremilitant: 2:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
klem93:
and all they will come back and say is that Jonathan/Buhari terminate his campaign today cause of the bomb blast in Maiduguri... is that what we need or security? dont you see it coming?
every right thinkng nigerian has come to terms that the north is behind boko haram all in a bit to discredit the govt cos d young girl who confesd that his father willing gave her away shows a direct public suport by the northern masses.so voteing in buhari wil nt be a victory for apc but for boko haram and northernas.nw why should mend and boko haram endorse apc,nigerians lets be wise.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by redsun(m): 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
That is not female,that is a child,forced to carry out the atrocities by animals that are not fit to see the light of the day. Sub creatures we call our fellow country men and women. I refuse to associate myself with them.
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by Nukilia: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
Boko Haram your days are numbered, I am sure the retired but not tired GMB is coming to deal with you cool cool cool

I am double sure GMB will deploy thousands of security agents to go after Bokoharam and not ballot boxes.

GMB/PYO 2015

RIP to the dead cry cry cry
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by chingydaboss(m): 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2015
Oh God of mercy...
Pls hv mercy on Nigeria

We know we hv offended you.. bt let mercy becloud your judgement.
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by chingydaboss(m): 2:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
Oh God of mercy...
Pls hv mercy on Nigeria

We know we hv offended you.. bt let mercy becloud your judgement...
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by stinggy(m): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
Can all of you using this medium to campaign stop this nonsense? Human lives are being lost here and you're shouting GMB, GEJ angry angry

RIP to the departed, may your spirits hurt your killers sad cry cry
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by dre11(m): 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
RIP to the dead ....

Just yesterday they did attach a whole state capital
Now its the turn of Maiduguri
We need an holistic approach to this menace and wipe them soon till it snowballs on the nation

FP cc mod
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by lacasa: 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
bnovative:
The sharia Republic of northestan!
Allahu akbaru!!
next topic! And rip to the dead.

I can see ur a good christian, right?

Watch ur comments, death has no bias, u dnt know how u'll also end up

Pray for the dead or just shut up

#we need to help this country by tryin a new approach to our collective security.

Vote 4 Buhari.
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by Hedybee(f): 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by Nutase: 2:25pm On Jan 10, 2015
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by Fash20: 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2015
BOKO HARAM DAYS ARE NUMBERED
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by ERODEDEAST(f): 2:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
Something is wrong with this IDEOLOGY of `religion of PISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS`! cool
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
Islam! Terrorising people from time immemorial?
Buhari your days are numbered sha.
Goodluck is coming back to deal with you and your boys IN JESUS CHRIST NAME. AMEN
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by bnovative(m): 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
lacasa:

I can see ur a good christian, right?

Watch ur comments, death has no bias, u dnt know how u'll also end up

Pray for the dead or just shut up

#we need to help this country by tryin a new approach to our collective security.

Vote 4 Buhari.
Really?
And what approach did buhari say he will use to curb terrorism in the north? When buhari was busy making excuses for them, where were u?.
boko haram represent Islamic ideology and until u understand That, u will keep throwing insult, and wishing that Islam was better that what we have today.
Allahu akbaru!
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 10, 2015
have mercy o lord!
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by lacasa: 3:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
bnovative:

Really?
And what approach did buhari say he will use to curb terrorism in the north? When buhari was busy making excuses for them, where were u?.
boko haram represent Islamic ideology and until u understand That, u will keep throwing insult, and wishing that Islam was better that what we have today.
Allahu akbaru!

Illiterate, quote where the quran says anything close to BokoHaram.

Mtscheeu, I even thot u wer confused, I didn't know ur just an ignorant bigot.

Wasted my valuable time on u sef

*next*
Re: BREAKING: Suicide Bomber Hits Maiduguri Market, Many Feared Dead. by bnovative(m): 3:46pm On Jan 10, 2015
lacasa:

Illiterate, quote where the quran says anything close to BokoHaram.

Mtscheeu, I even thot u wer confused, I didn't know ur just an ignorant bigot.

Wasted my valuable time on u sef

*next*
Wow! almajiri asking me to quote the quran . I guess the Hamas, hizballah, alqaida, alshabaab all draw their inspiration from my anus right?
Keep wishing Islam had a better ideology.
Allahu akbaru akuya!!!

(1) (Reply)

An Honest Opinion As To Why Buhari Should Not Be President Of Nigeria / Gej Phd Thesis In Uniport Uncovered / MR. Jonathan Makes History As The Most Entertaining President Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.