Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,538 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? (3261 Views)

Change Mantra Is Useless If The Masses Are Still Suffering / Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Hillary Clinton Blasts President Jonathan. Claims He's Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by 9jagirl4ree(f): 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2015
It seems that Dr Goodluck Jonathan does not understand that Nigerians want change from the current level of corruption in the country.

Some people say he is personally a good person but just surrounded by bad people, I think this might be true but how do we defend him when he makes the following comments?

"How much did
Jim Nwobodo stole? Money not up to the
price of a peugeot and Buhari regime send
him to jail. Is that good enough?"........ Is
this d kind of leader u want?- GEJ Enugu PDP Campaign

"There are some people who put our fathers who were abroad in crates, and tried to bring them home, until they were intercepted..." GEJ 2014 Lagos PDP Campaign

"Arresting corrupt people will not stop corruption"- GEJ 2014 - Lagos PDP Campaign

Stealing is not corruption - GEJ 2013- NTA Presidential Chat

Please how can we fight corruption when the C-in-C is making these type of comments? Some people say that people misunderstand his comments.

Can both Sides of the divide explain to Nairalanders what they think.

Intelligent discussions please, thanks

8 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by minister2015: 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
how much did he steal abi how much did he stole, GEJ is a Ph.D holder, yet he doesn't know the diff. btw these two. shame

6 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by 9jagirl4ree(f): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
minister2015:
how much did he steal abi how much did he stole, GEJ is a Ph.D holder, yet he doesn't know the diff. btw these two. shame

Thanks for your comment, I think he made a mistake. he is well educated
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
9jagirl4ree:

Thanks for your comment, I think he made a mistake. he is well educated
Being a PhD holder doesn't make you 'well educated'. But then, it depends on your definition of education/being educated.

Back to the topic, If u watch that Lagos campaign especially, you'd agree with me he was speaking as someone who lost it already and now asking for sympathy from the crowd. You know this is the first time the opposition will come so close and powerful, shaking even the incumbent so much.
I picture him to be someone who wants to be a good man - not offending the corrupt and and caring for the masses. But unfortunately, u can't carry the devil on your back and be holy yourself.
GEJ personally 'might not' be corrupt, but he is too timid to fight his corrupt associates, so practically he and his government is corrupt and they must go!!!

10 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2015
there is no need to lie or sugar coat things. D president is not serious about corruption. a lot of politicians are very corrupt but he defends them.

why? may i ask? Nigerians dont care if he is personally good or not, what we want is action and for corruption to be eradicated in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 8:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2015
RoyalPriesthuud:
Being a PhD holder doesn't make you 'well educated'. But then, it depends on your definition of education/being educated.

Back to the topic, If u watch that Lagos campaign especially, you'd agree with me he was speaking as someone who lost it already and now asking for sympathy from the crowd. You know this is the first time the opposition will come so close and powerful, shaking even the incumbent so much.
I picture him to be someone who wants to be a good man - not offending the corrupt and and caring for the masses. But unfortunately, u can't carry the devil on your back and be holy yourself.
GEJ personally 'might not' be corrupt, but he is too timid to fight his corrupt associates, so practically he and his government is corrupt and they must go!!!

thank u, u have said my mind

how can you be a good person and be supporting corrupt people around u? undecided

1 Like

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2015
9jagirl4ree:
It seems that Dr Goodluck Jonathan does not understand that Nigerians want change from the current level of corruption in the country.

Some people say he is personally a good person but just surrounded by bad people, I think this might be true but how do we defend him when he makes the following comments?

Please how can we fight corruption when the C-in-C is making these type of comments? Some people say that people misunderstand his comments.

Can both Sides of the divide explain to Nairalanders what they think.

Intelligent discussions please, thanks
he us just plainly corrupt.

show me your friend and I will tell you who you are, if he is not corrupt he will not surround himself with corrupt people

on those statement credited to him, even the bible said "out of the abundant of heart proceeds the mouth"
so if he is not corrupt, he will not be making such statements

3 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by 9jagirl4ree(f): 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
RoyalPriesthuud:

I dont think he has lost it. He is a good administrator. He makes mistakes like a lot of public officials but I think he is good.

My problem is why he keeps supporting corrupt people. I think some people are blackmailing him
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2015
Shewaukpo:

thank u, u have said my mind

how can you be a good person and be supporting corrupt people around u? undecided
He's not fit to be a leader jare. Too timid a man. But he's also turn a power thirsty nigga recently. I expected him to have said something like: "...and if the opposition wins, no lele, it's healthy for our democrazy if voters have their way...", but I don't see him saying that. He only uses all his time criticising his opponent's pasts, smh!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by trillville(m): 9:08pm On Jan 10, 2015
@op, that is why people refer to gej as clueless. He feels it is normal for the masses to be as poor as they are and does not know his primary responsibility is to reduce poverty in the land. He prefers to fraternize with rich thieves cos he considers them to be wise(sharp) men.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
obinoscopy seun, afam4ever

biko put this on FP so that we can discuss it

2 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by OKDnigeria: 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2015
Yes fighting corruption is not all abt jailing pple u perceive to be corrupt without trial. Buhari did it as a military head of state he can't try it now.
OK after jailing those so called corrupt pple, did corruption stop?
The best way to fight corruption is to make it difficult to happen in d 1st place. that's GEJ's strategy.
Prove: Check Transparency International 's rating of Nigeria b4 Jonathan and what it is now.
we used to be 2nd most corrupt country in the world, but now we're 37th. Significant improvement!

4 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by 9jagirl4ree(f): 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2015
OKDnigeria:
Yes fighting corruption is not all abt jailing pple u perceive to be corrupt without trial. Buhari did it as a military head of state he can't try it now.
The best way to fight corruption is to make it difficult to happen in d 1st place. that's GEJ's strategy.
Prove: Check Transparency International 's rating of Nigeria b4 Jonathan and what it is now.
we used to be 2nd most corrupt country in the world, but now we're 37th. Significant improvement!

You have a very very good point. Nigeria has performed well in the Transparency rating in recent years.
Wow, i didnt know that, from 2nd to 37th?? Please share a link so that we can see it thanks bros
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
Why my comment dey double na.

1 Like

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
9jagirl4ree:

I dont think he has lost it. He is a good administrator. He makes mistakes like a lot of public officials but I think he is good.

My problem is why he keeps supporting corrupt people. I think some people are blackmailing him
3/10 of me was with GEJ b4, and I was thinking if they later have a debate I might vote 4 him. But after watching his speech made in Lag, I decided he is not as good.
When you sing the song of anti-corruption, you don't grant permission to smone alrdy convicted because he used to be your boss. So assuming he's being blackmailed, is he still a 'good admin' if he is succumbing to it?

Watching his speech in tht Lag campaign, I was imagining the conversation between him and PEJ the previous nite:
PEJ: Jona u too dull and cold walahi!
GEJ: wetin I go do now, I lost my popularity among the masses...
PEJ: shot-up jor! Go out and tell pple u won't throw them in jail if they're corrupt.
GEJ:
PEJ: who wan go jail. And dem know say Buhari go clean d tin. Just tell dem that. Pple love darkness more
GEJ: bt I want to be clean too..
PEJ: chei!! See this golor o. See ehn, if u loose, na kirikiri me and u go dey last o. U see tht ur daughter wedding money.
GEJ: ok, wht is kirikiri, is it a tourist site in d west?
PEJ: mumu, na prison 4 lagos.
GEJ: uhm, thank u my dear, I go mention am tomorrow 4 campaign in Lagos.
PEJ: u beta b, e go scare them....*laffs*
cheesycheesycheesy

4 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by owobokiri(m): 9:19pm On Jan 10, 2015
cool
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by owobokiri(m): 9:23pm On Jan 10, 2015
I have since come to the conclusion that when it comes to corruption/kleptomania, Oga GEJ simply encourages it. Jonathan does not seem to understand why there is so much noise about corruption and this might be as a result of damning cases against him in custody of some powerful . No matter the amount involved, he hardly prosecutes. Ibori did himself in by running overseas, otherwise he would have been reassimilTed into the ruling elite by now. GEJ looks and sound hopeless in front corruption. This is a side of him I find totally totally repulsive.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by 9jagirl4ree(f): 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2015
owobokiri:
I have since come to the conclusion that when it comes to corruption/kleptomania, Oga gEJ simply encourages it. Jonathan does not seem to understand why there is so much noise about corruption and this might be as a result of damning cases against him in custoxy of some powerful groups. This is a side of him I find totally totally repulsive.

where is ur evidence that he encourages it? let us argue with facts

a poster just said that Nigeria has improved in transparency rank. that is a good development
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by omenka(m): 9:27pm On Jan 10, 2015
Honestly I'm still finding it hard to believe the president really made that statement in the first quote!! Seriously??!!

That aside, this "crate" incident has a funny side to it. To me, it further gives reasons why we must have Buhari steer the ship of this nation at this juncture when corruption seems to have assumed a life form. We would like Buhari to "crate" corruption like he did Umaru Dikko, and lock it up for eternity!! If a man shows so much commitment to bringing a crook to justice, give me a reason why I shouldn't support him.

And another thing; imagine what would have been coming out the president's mouth had Umaru been an Igbo man!!! But no one is talking about the General's intolerance to corruption regardless of who's involved (a "brother" from the "north" in this case).

Imagine it was Buhari we had as the Head of State during the Biafra war!! They would have been like; a vote for Buhari is a vote for the continuation of the genocide he started against Igbos in '66!!

8 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by 9jagirl4ree(f): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2015
obinoscopy, ishilove lalasticala
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2015
What is there to misunderstand about somebody as crudely simplistic as GEJ?
He is corrupt; he embodies corruption; and he promotes corruption.

Review what the drunk said said about Jim Nwobodo in the Enugu rally. Jonathan encourages corruption and he's unequivocal about his stands. Simple.

He needs to be icked out before he destroys our moral fabrics and national values.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by 9jagirl4ree(f): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
theChiefPriest:
What is there to misunderstand about somebody as crudely simplistic as GEJ?
He is corrupt; he embodies corruption; and he promotes corruption.

Review what the drunk said said about Jim Nwobodo in the Enugu rally. Jonathan encourages corruption and he's unequivocal about his stands. Simple.

He needs to be icked out before he destroys our moral fabrics and national values.

I said he is being misunderstood because he is not very good at expressing himself sometimes. I dont think he meant that Jim Nwobodo was not corrupt but putting everyone in kirikiri is not the answer

1 Like

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by owobokiri(m): 9:36pm On Jan 10, 2015
9jagirl4ree:

where is ur evidence that he encourages it? let us argue with facts

a poster just said that Nigeria has improved in transparency rank. that is a good development

I am voting for him but that is simply because I am not comfortable with a Mujahedin. . You want to know how he encoursges it? How many state governors have been challenged by Jonathan over corrupt practices since he came into office? This inspite of the mind blowing corrupt practices going on in almost every state capital. Do you still hear of EFCC? That organisation has been defanged. How about the pension fund man? Why is interpol not on that guys case? Alams? He even allows opposition party looters to go scot free. Atleast obasanjo fought his enemies who are corrupt. But with Jonathan, its kumbaya, come let's merry. Both for friends and enemies. Jonathan must have been raised in a very corrupt environment
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Dewze(m): 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
Shewaukpo:
there is no need to lie or sugar coat things. D president is not serious about corruption. a lot of politicians are very corrupt but he defends them.

why? may i ask? Nigerians dont care if he is personally good or not, what we want is action and for corruption to be eradicated in Nigeria

Have you eradicated corruption in yourself?
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by omenka(m): 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2015
OKDnigeria:
The best way to fight corruption is not by "making it difficult to happen", it is by putting the fear of the consequences of being corrupt in the hearts of people, that way, they wouldn't even touch a penny that isn't theirs even if it is kept in open view!

Even in the world's most advanced countries with the most advanced system of checks and balances that hinder corruption, people still try to find their way through the maze. But the reason most of the people that live in those countries chose not to steal is because they understand they'd be found out and locked up.

Was watching the news couple of days back where a guy was sent to jail for stealing public funds 20years ago. I mean, he's spent 20years in jail to this day!! He took ill a couple of days ago and has been transferred to a medical facility. They reported that he'd go back to prison to complete his sentence once he recovers from his sickness!!!!!

That is how you fight corruption!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by 9jagirl4ree(f): 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2015
owobokiri:

I am voting for him but that is simply because I am not comfortable with a Mujahedin. . You want to know how he encoursges it? How many state governors have been challenged by Jonathan over corrupt practices since he came into office? This inspite of the mind blowing corrupt practices going on in almost every state capital. Do you still hear of EFCC? That organisation has been defanged. How about the pension fund man? Why is interpol not on that guys case? Alams? He even allows opposition party looters to go scot free. Atleast obasanjo fought his enemies who are corrupt. But with Jonathan, its kumbaya, come let's merry. Both for friends and enemies. Jonathan must have been raised in a very corrupt environment

your post is funny, why would you vote for him if you think or know he is corrupt? is that not a way of encouraging corruption?

1 Like

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by 9jagirl4ree(f): 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
Dewze:

Have you eradicated corruption in yourself?

Thank you. that is why i think some Nigerians are not truthful with themselves.

Jonathan can not solve corruption if Nigerians are very corrupt
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by owobokiri(m): 9:53pm On Jan 10, 2015
omenka:
Honestly I'm still finding it hard to believe the president really made that statement in the first quote!! Seriously??!!

That aside, this "crate" incident has a funny side to it. To me, it further gives reasons why we must have Buhari steer the ship of this nation at this juncture when corruption seems to have assumed a life form. We would like Buhari to "crate" corruption like he did Umaru Dikko, and lock it up for eternity!! If a man shows so much commitment to bringing a crook to justice, give me a reason why I shouldn't support him.

And another thing; imagine what would have been coming out the president's mouth had Umaru been an Igbo man!!! But no one is talking about the General's intolerance to corruption regardless of who's involved (a "brother" from the "north" in this case).

Imagine it was Buhari we had as the Head of State during the Biafra war!! They would have been like; a vote for Buhari is a vote for the continuation of the genocide he started against Igbos in '66!!

You must be one partisan hack. Must every thread be visited with your increasinly boring pro buhari rants? What has the igbo got to do with Jonathan and corruption? Is he igbo? Didn't your yoruba vote for him? From 2 billion missing while he was petroleum minister to questionable contract awards at PTF, is your messiah buhari really the saint? You really need to take a chill pill cos buhari is loosing this one again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jan 10, 2015
9jagirl4ree:

.... I dont think he meant that Jim Nwobodo was not corrupt but putting everyone in kirikiri is not the answer
How then can you reduce crime when you fail to punish offenders to serve as deterrence to others?

GEJ's failure to jail a single corrupt individual intead of dishing out Presidential pardons and Honour has led to the increase of corruption in monumental proportion with countless number of people stealing unimaginable amount of money.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by owobokiri(m): 9:57pm On Jan 10, 2015
9jagirl4ree:

your post is funny, why would you vote for him if you think or know he is corrupt? is that not a way of encouraging corruption?
I don't see the funny part. The electorsl process left me with two devils. I have to make a choice and I have chosen the better devil. A foundamentalist as the commander in chief in these jumpy days is a no no for me. . .
Re: GEJ And The Corruption Mantra: Is He Corrupt Or Just Misunderstood? by Ezemust: 9:59pm On Jan 10, 2015
9jagirl4ree:

what corrupt people is he protecting?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo:goodluck Jonathan For Nobel Peace Prize / Photo: RANKED: The World's 20 Strongest Militaries / The 5% Misinformation Against Buhari Debunked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.