Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,421 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson (3199 Views)

Obiano Purchases 5 Vehicles As Osinbajo Visits Innoson Company. PICS / Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits Innoson Motors (Photos) / Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson For Local Weapons Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by SUBMARINE: 7:20am On Jan 11, 2015
iterator24:

www.dicon.gov.ng/RD.html
A Research and Development Centre (R&DC) has been established and a lot of development work is being undertaken. The 81mm
Mortar and RPG7 were developed by the centre using local raw material and prototypes were produced and successfully tested. More prototypes of these weapons are being looked into to contract out some R & D work to Universities, Companies and individuals. New projects have been planned and are waiting funding and execution.

the government is not funding R& D obviously

Government is listening to Naira land

This confirms it

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Sunshineluv(f): 7:30am On Jan 11, 2015
Thank You GEJ For Supporting Innoson

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by owobokiri(m): 7:41am On Jan 11, 2015
SUBMARINE:

My guy

Nigeria can't catch up with the rest of the world if you leave weapons development in the hands of few government hired brains.

As I speak to you

So many young Americans whose military technology are worthy of using, are being paid to sell their technology by private and government defence industries

It is madness to continue on the same process and expect different result.

Nigerians love over concentration of power or resources in one place for easy control and oversight because everybody is afraid of his shadows. The major obstacle against the decentralisation of the arms industry in this country is the overblown fear that some group-you know the usual target- might use that oppurtuinity to stockpile weapons.. It is the main reason every policy fashioned in this regard has been anti inventiveness. Every research, every production and study were concentrated in one hamlet in kaduna populated with cronnies and quota system Generals.. I guess boko haram has forced thei hands finally. We will now do it the same way it is done in saner climes and the good ressults will come.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by revolt(m): 7:47am On Jan 11, 2015
CFCfan:
If the Presidential committee recommend that Innoson has the capacity to manufacture some military hardware, it would put the position of DICON as the sole locla manufacture of military hardware, in serious jeopardy.
Nigeria would follow the US example of contracting private companies to produce equipment for their military.
tht dicon. Spent a whooping 5 million dollars building a flying face me I face u generator, with foreign assistance. And called it a drone.... Our civil service cannot do anyfin , corruption, nepotism, quotassystem will not let the best hands get into dicon.
Only the private sector can save nigeria.. The US also faced similiar situation and realised only The private sector can build their wants.

4 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by SUBMARINE: 8:07am On Jan 11, 2015
owobokiri:

Nigerians love over concentration of power or resources in one place for easy control and oversight because everybody is afraid of his shadows. The major obstacle against the decentralisation of the arms industry in this country is the overblown fear that some group-you know the usual target- might use that oppurtuinity to stockpile weapons.. It is the main reason every policy fashioned in this regard has been anti inventiveness. Every research, every production and study were concentrated in one hamlet in kaduna populated with cronnies and quota system Generals.. I guess boko haram has forced thei hands finally. We will now do it the same way it is done in saner climes and the good ressults will come.

Supported

Good observation

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Cannonleo(m): 9:03am On Jan 11, 2015
Well there is proforce and mekhog they are already producing apc(igrigi and ikiri)
u
IFV (LEOPARD) etc.
Innoson should join the train

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by SUBMARINE: 10:29am On Jan 11, 2015
revolt:
tht dicon. Spent a whooping 5 million dollars building a flying face me I face u generator, with foreign assistance. And called it a drone.... Our civil service cannot do anyfin , corruption, nepotism, quotassystem will not let the best hands get into dicon.
Only the private sector can save nigeria.. The US also faced similiar situation and realised only The private sector can build their wants.

Quota system in the military has made us the laughing stock of the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by HzRF(m): 10:43am On Jan 11, 2015
The establishment of Innoson is a giant stride... Incorporating the development of military equipments will be a step further for us... To be self dependant is a must now that USA and other we look up to are switching us to OYO mode

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by loomer: 11:06am On Jan 11, 2015
CFCfan:

Lool! Which kain ogogoro you shack?

bros I no even know the kind wicked people I follow go open one new club, so so henesy dem wan take kill me.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by loomer: 11:08am On Jan 11, 2015
omenka:
Kai. Lmao. Nothing person nor go see for nairaland! cheesy

I swear na highness make me do this thing.

I PROMISE NO NOT TO DO AM AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Emperor007: 11:32am On Jan 11, 2015
Good move and commendable. The West, especially USA get lots of advaced stuffs bought from ( developed for the millitary by ) private firms.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by PhockPhockMan: 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
nduchucks:
I wonder whether Innoson cannot convert some of their manufacturing outfits into weapons manufacturing facilities so that they can help us build tanks to wound Boko Haram.
You get sense small o o.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by ikweremilitant: 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
egift:
Jonathan is a Drama Queen. All these fire brigade panic flip-flopping will still not stop Nigerians from kicking out the Zoologist.
ode buruku

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by nduchucks: 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
You get sense small o o.

So you just discovered this glaring fact, ko ?
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by iluvnaija: 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
They can visit after FeBUHARI 14th. I smell campaign strategy.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
I have nothing against private or public entities manufacturing weapons o. My own is that they should be allowed to manufacture weapons that will end up in the hands of terrorists (BokoHaram), thieves and militants. As such, effective, I mean very very very effective measures should be put in place to check and checkmate the activities of such entities.

Imagine us having a President like GEJ and many companies start producing weapons in Nigeria. I assure you all that over 85% of those weapons will end up in the hands of thieves, militant or Boko Haram. Abeg o.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by SUBMARINE: 1:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
Martins301:
I have nothing against private or public entities manufacturing weapons o. My own is that they should be allowed to manufacture weapons that will end up in the hands of terrorists (BokoHaram), thieves and militants. As such, effective, I mean very very very effective measures should be put in place to check and checkmate the activities of such entities.

Imagine us having a President like GEJ and many companies start producing weapons in Nigeria. I assure you all that over 85% of those weapons will end up in the hands of thieves, militant or Boko Haram. Abeg o.

Thank God that US presidents never thought like you otherwise small Japanese would have overpower US

cool

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by PhockPhockMan: 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
Obiagelli:
The best news so far this year. Time for innoson to blossom. Proudly Nigerian

After the first set of orders, innoson should immediately set up a military department
My dear sister, that's the advantage of having a visionary leader as president. www.innosongroup.com/innosonmotors/

GEJ TILL 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by SUBMARINE: 1:26pm On Jan 11, 2015
Emperor007:
Good move and commendable. The West, especially USA get lots of advaced stuffs bought from ( developed for the millitary by ) private firms.
HzRF:
The establishment of Innoson is a giant stride... Incorporating the development of military equipments will be a step further for us... To be self dependant is a must now that USA and other we look up to are switching us to OYO mode

Thank God GEJ's government is now doing the right thing in the area of weapons development

May God bring this ideal to completion.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by PhockPhockMan: 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
Martins301:

So many drunkards in this thread .

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by PhockPhockMan: 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Thank God GEJ's government is now doing the right thing in the area of weapons development

May God bring this ideal to completion.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Thank God that US presidents never thought like you otherwise small Japanese would have overpower US

cool

Thank God USA presidents were never like GEJ. Otherwise, USA would have been worse than Zimbabwe, and you know what a country like Japan can do to Zimbabwe. grin
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
So many drunkards in this thread .

Look at your username. Only a drunkard would choose that kinda akward name. Clueless phool. . . grin
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by PhockPhockMan: 1:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
Martins301:

Look at your username. Only a drunkard would choose that kinda akward name. Clueless phool. . . grin
Tell that to your smelling mother.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by SUBMARINE: 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
Martins301:

Thank God USA presidents were never like GEJ. Otherwise, USA would have been worse than Zimbabwe, and you know what a country like Japan can do to Zimbabwe. grin

At least you recognized that they are smarter than you.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by Dejohnbull: 8:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
God bless innoson. God bless jonathan. God bless nigeria.
Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by MeAndYou(m): 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
This is interesting

1 Like

Re: Presidential Committee On Defence Visits Innoson by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
owobokiri:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Left N 7trillion Deficit , Says Joda / $30 Billion Left And They Borrowed To Pay Salaries. / They Say Tinubu Is Greedy-but They Are The Monsters - Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.