Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 (1881 Views)

Finally Android Apps WORKS On Windows Devices : GOOD NEWS / How To Make Your Tecno Phones Run On Lollipop OS / Meet The Grandfather Of Your Phone:First Smartphone To Run On Android OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by CrazyScientist: 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hello guys, just bough a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 8.1. The specs are good enough to run modern games but I tried installing FM14 and PES 13 but they won't launch, someone told me only new gamed will run on windows 8.1 so please NLers what is the solution and what can I do to them running
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
CrazyScientist:
Hello guys, just bough a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 with windows 8.1. The specs are good enough to run modern games but I tried installing FM14 and PES 13 but they won't launch, someone told me only new gamed will run on windows 8.1 so please NLers what is the solution and what can I do to them running

it may be the game files are corrupt...
even my acer wey dey use intel HD 3000, 1.5GHz dey run pes 2014...
it just that it lags....
meanwhile im using windows 8.1
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by CrazyScientist: 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
faqman:

it may be the game files are corrupt...
even my acer wey dey use intel HD 3000, 1.5GHz dey run pes 2014...
it just that it lags....
meanwhile im using windows 8.1

Okay thanks, so should I buy another CD ?
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
CrazyScientist:

Okay thanks, so should I buy another CD ?

maybe u should buy...
it depends on you....
OR u can use google search for solution
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by CrazyScientist: 4:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
faqman:

maybe u should buy...
it depends on you....
OR u can use google search for solution

Tried Google ,nothing useful, but someone said I should delete 'windows defender' from program files.
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by paranorman(m): 4:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
CrazyScientist:

Tried Google ,nothing useful, but someone said I should delete 'windows defender' from program files.
do you have the direct-x tecnology on your PC? Have you tried running same on another PC? What the error mesage you'r gettin?
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by CrazyScientist: 5:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
paranorman:

do you have the direct-x tecnology on your PC? Have you tried running same on another PC? What the error mesage you'r gettin?

Yes I do, and I ran it on them on my desktop before and they worked.
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by paranorman(m): 7:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
CrazyScientist:

Yes I do, and I ran it on them on my desktop before and they worked.
what error message are you getting or is it just crashing out?
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by Tuljaking(m): 7:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
beep me 08106254195 whatsapp I would solve all your issues with zero naira I had same issue be4 I wana be of help
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by CrazyScientist: 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
paranorman:

what error message are you getting or is it just crashing out?

It keeps saying autorun.DLL is corrupt or missing
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by paranorman(m): 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
CrazyScientist:

It keeps saying autorun.DLL is corrupt or missing
in your case, i think it is corrupt. Have you tried running another game on your PC?
Anyway, i got this for you:
http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/microsoft/windows-8-pro/autorun-dll/
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by CrazyScientist: 7:06am On Jan 12, 2015
paranorman:

in your case, i think it is corrupt. Have you tried running another game on your PC?
Anyway, i got this for you:
http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/microsoft/windows-8-pro/autorun-dll/

Wow, thanks a lot , three of those error messages usually appear.
So any solution ?
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by paranorman(m): 7:56am On Jan 12, 2015
CrazyScientist:

Wow, thanks a lot , three of those error messages usually appear.
So any solution ?
follow the suggestions on the web page. If you'r still not satisified, i suggest you chat with Microsoft 24/7 customer service online, they do really come in handy; and if you'r thinking of downloading autorun.dll, do get it from microsoft/partners, its safer that way. First, follow the suggestions on the webpage.
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by CrazyScientist: 8:15am On Jan 12, 2015
paranorman:

follow the suggestions on the web page. If you'r still not satisified, i suggest you chat with Microsoft 24/7 customer service online, they do really come in handy; and if you'r thinking of downloading autorun.dll, do get it from microsoft/partners, its safer that way. First, follow the suggestions on the webpage.

Downloaded, but it said its corrupt, I'll try your advice though, thanks a lot.
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by paranorman(m): 8:47am On Jan 12, 2015
CrazyScientist:

Downloaded, but it said its corrupt, I'll try your advice though, thanks a lot.
okay, have you tried running another game on it?
Re: Games Wont Run On Windows 8.1 by Tuljaking(m): 11:14am On Jan 12, 2015
I HAVE TOLD YOU THE SIMPLE THING

(1) (Reply)

Latest Injoo Max 2 And Injoo Max 2 Plus Smartphone Full Specs / Infinix Continue To Tease Us With Pictures Of The Note 4 Pro. / The Dinosaur On Chrome Is Actually A Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.